NY 162: A Week at the Theatres (Game Over)

Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Smashbard »

Unvote. Vote: Mr. Zepher

I'm done with this day phase. I'll come back once every 3 days until deadline just to prod dodge and affirm that my vote is on Mr. Zepher. It seems to be what all the cool kids are doing anyway. Hell, Jacobs got a town read from everyone but Zepher for being so utterly useless. Sounds like a sweet deal to me. Do nothing and be called town for it, I love it.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Yeah, Zepher's good.

unvote

Vote: MrZepher
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Bacde »

^^To be fair, I
don't
have a townread on JS

but what do you think is more likely? Zepher-scum pushing an easy ML or Zepher-town having nabbed JS as scum?

I guess that is unfair, this could also be Zepher-town just pushing a bad wagon
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Considering Zepher has done shit-all to prove JS-scum, I'd say the former.
Are you ready for this?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by Bacde »

@ActionDan considering that NS is voting for Zepher, do you think Zepher is a good lynch?
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Random voting without any justification seems to just be the tone of the day.
Actiondan apparently has had a town read on JS since day one for no real reason so I doubt he's appreciative of the wagon I'm trying to push.

Metacheck says that JS is always like this.
I'd be willing to join the Actiondan wagon and then go after JS again if/when he flips scum.
or something like that....
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 854, Bacde wrote:@ActionDan considering that NS is voting for Zepher, do you think Zepher is a good lynch?

The only "good" lynch is NS. As for NS voting Zepher: NS is scum. He'll do what he wants. Maybe he's voting a buddy for cred. Maybe not. Maybe he's just parking his vote any old place. It doesn't effect my view on Zepher. I'll reread Zepher though sometime because I flipflopped before but it was a gut reaction at the end of yesterday and I didn't fully digest all his posts.

@Kingdom aces. reads on Zone Bacde, and JS haven't changed. still more likely town than not.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:52 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 844, Smashbard wrote:I should be more specific. What do you need from the opposing wagons to convince you to move your vote? This is to everyone really. Because if it's hopeless and everyone is already set on who they are voting for and there's no budging then I'm replacing out. Because I don't want to be around when this game comes to a screeching halt just because everyone is done scumhunting because they are so certain ONE PLAYER is scum. It's fucking stupid and like I said pages ago, I'm done herding cats.

I'll vote for your choice if you post a funny picture.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 am

Post by ZONEACE »

I realize there are requests out for me to respond to certain things and I will, I just felt the need to point this out now.

In post 842, Smashbard wrote:I'm just going to throw it out there guys, what is it going to take to get at least 9 of us to agree on a lynch? I'm getting real sick and tired of having 3-4 different wagons with everyone going Nobody Special, Mr. Zepher, Dramonic and Bacde are 100% scum guaranteed and everyone just sitting on their hands waiting for people to jump on their pet wagon of choice without even trying to scumhunt anymore.

So what's it going to take?

In post 848, Smashbard wrote:I was pretty good at laying the ground work for convincing everyone to come together for a lynch on Greygnarl. What have you done?

Right, nothing.

I was hoping that through Greys flip that we could get some information going and get everyone more united against a lynch today. But I see we're just as scatter brained and stubborn as we were Day 1. So I'm not going to make the Greygnarl mistake again. I'd rather replace out that call you all fucktards and morons for not jumping on my wagon of choice. I was wrong after all. But I don't see anyone else putting any effort into bringing us all together.

You got a better idea? Now would be a great time to actually do or say something of relevance.

the first post there Smash says we need to work together to find a wagon and get a lynch and that the problem is people picking one person and saying they're 100% scum and not voting for anyone else.

Then in the second post Smash says that he's considering replacing out because you don't get on his wagon he thinks you're a fucktard but doesn't want to start calling everyone that.

these two were made 6 posts apart on the same page.

So which is it Smash? are we going to work together and stop focusing on our "100% scum" targets or are you going to take your toys and stomp home to avoid calling us "fucktards" when we don't agree with you?

Oh, but wait, what's this? 2 posts (and 5 minutes later),

Smashbard wrote:

I'm done with this day phase. I'll come back once every 3 days until deadline just to prod dodge and affirm that my vote is on Mr. Zepher. It seems to be what all the cool kids are doing anyway. Hell, Jacobs got a town read from everyone but Zepher for being so utterly useless. Sounds like a sweet deal to me. Do nothing and be called town for it, I love it.

my what a series of (pouty) swings.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Bacde »

^^So are you calling him mafia or are you just calling him pouty?
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Smashbard »

In post 858, ZONEACE wrote:I realize there are requests out for me to respond to certain things and I will, I just felt the need to point this out now.

In post 842, Smashbard wrote:I'm just going to throw it out there guys, what is it going to take to get at least 9 of us to agree on a lynch? I'm getting real sick and tired of having 3-4 different wagons with everyone going Nobody Special, Mr. Zepher, Dramonic and Bacde are 100% scum guaranteed and everyone just sitting on their hands waiting for people to jump on their pet wagon of choice without even trying to scumhunt anymore.

So what's it going to take?

In post 848, Smashbard wrote:I was pretty good at laying the ground work for convincing everyone to come together for a lynch on Greygnarl. What have you done?

Right, nothing.

I was hoping that through Greys flip that we could get some information going and get everyone more united against a lynch today. But I see we're just as scatter brained and stubborn as we were Day 1. So I'm not going to make the Greygnarl mistake again. I'd rather replace out that call you all fucktards and morons for not jumping on my wagon of choice. I was wrong after all. But I don't see anyone else putting any effort into bringing us all together.

You got a better idea? Now would be a great time to actually do or say something of relevance.

the first post there Smash says we need to work together to find a wagon and get a lynch and that the problem is people picking one person and saying they're 100% scum and not voting for anyone else.

Then in the second post Smash says that he's considering replacing out because you don't get on his wagon he thinks you're a fucktard but doesn't want to start calling everyone that.

these two were made 6 posts apart on the same page.

So which is it Smash? are we going to work together and stop focusing on our "100% scum" targets or are you going to take your toys and stomp home to avoid calling us "fucktards" when we don't agree with you?

Oh, but wait, what's this? 2 posts (and 5 minutes later),

Smashbard wrote:

my what a series of (pouty) swings.

1) I made a call asking everyone what is it going to take to get everyone to agree on a vote.

2) I said that if we cannot come to an agreement on a vote than I'll just replace out at this point because everyone's just going to fold their hands and go "No, you join my lynch first!" without actually doing any scumhunting.

3) I then moved my vote onto Mr. Zepher and refuse to move from that wagon because he's our only chance at a compromise lynch at this point.

None of these are flip flop stances. None of these things indicate that I have changed my mind on anything. I may still replace out, because I would rather leave than have to call you a fucking idiot after every post you make because you can't seem to read properly anything that I say. And I have moved to Zepher and refuse to move specifically BECAUSE I am trying to get everyone on a singular wagon to achieve a lynch today.

Every. Single. Move I have made is consistent with an internal thought process that I have been as transparent as possible about. For someone who keeps bitching and whining about people misrepping you, you have continually tried to misrep me time and again today without even having the balls to call me scummy for it and place a vote on me. So for all my "pouting" you're gutless whining is far more useless than my words could ever be.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Smashbard »

EBWOP: Your*

I'm calling it now, if Zepher doesn't flip scum I'm parking my vote on Zoneace until he's dead. I'm tired of trying to get his carcass on track to scumhunting while he continues to do nothing but pose a distraction to everyone's scumhunting by undermining every wagon he disagrees with while refusing to post reads of his own beyond "Bacde & Smash are scum".
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:07 am

Post by Bacde »

dude if I could play like this as scum and get away with it I'd be doing it every damn game
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 am

Post by Smashbard »

Apparently it's protown to post as little as possible and when you do post, make sure it's nice and fluffy with no actual scumhunting. So regardless of alignment you might want to add some active lurking to your repertoire for future games. It's Mafiascum town meta.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by MrZepher »

So you're on my wagon because it's the only lynch you think will go through today? How am I not supposed to think that's scummy as fuck?
Clarify pls.

In post 862, Bacde wrote:dude if I could play like this as scum and get away with it I'd be doing it every damn game

wifom
or something like that....
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 814, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: Zone

I am perfectly comfortable with this on an ethical and a logical level.

Explanation:

One of the things that I look for in terms of scum hunting is a concept that I like to call cohesion.
To put it simply, cohesion is the amount of collaborative effort made into the game cross checking the type of effort made.

In most cases, town are generally more willing to work with other town because they don't have the entire picture and depending on the player will be anywhere from below average post count to above average post count. Mafia members can do this as well, but their approach is generally sycophantic or vitriolic. We must not forget that the type of player is very important in determining whether someone's cohesive efforts is town aligned or mafia aligned as that is half of the standing. Some will call this meta, I think it is much more simple - looking at the player's posts in questions and analyzing amount of scumhunting that can be derived from their posts.

In Zone's particular case, I think he operates at the end of vitriol. However, I also think that he is using the town's divided nature in addition to the general apathy for the game to create an irreparable schism among the townies present.

I will now go into detail analyzing his posts to describe this mentality.

Spoiler: Reasons
In post 57, ZONEACE wrote:I never addressed you as town. I voted for you because you're were blatantly being not helpful and not scumhunting.

You OMGUS/revenge vote is just making me more secure in my decision

Here in my opinion, Zone establishes the tone of his cohesive ability. While addressing that he is voting bacde for his noncontributory play while other players in the game had made comments that are arguably just as "unhelpful".

His retaliatory comment about OMGUS exists just to create a buzz and an overall tonal stance toward bacde that he can follow for the time being allowing him to push bacde without any real effort on his part.

In post 59, ZONEACE wrote:Also, did you know that one day I one I'm just as happy lynching intentionally unhelpful townies as I am scum? So regardless of which one of them you are, I'm fine with my vote. You are acting in a way that seems scummy to me. If it's because you're scum, or just stupid I'm not sure, nor do I care all that much. Your actions stand in the way of a town win, so let's get rid of you.

As you can see the vitriolic nature he will use to address bacde is already present, creating a standoffish atmosphere that will segregate the town into either supporting his points or looking at bacde in an inherently unfavorable light. He defends his position with a vote that would suffice no matter the description, covering all of his bases before they even get attacked.

In post 152, ZONEACE wrote:you two seem to be having a lovely little circle today. Following, sheeping, buddying. It's all very adorable.

And giving me bad juju.

There is something there, but I'm not going to really commit to it!

But I'll prod the fires a little bit more...

A perfect example of the stance that Zone is taking in trying to divide the town. He is not really trying to discern the reasons for their actions, he is merely saying things in order to see if the town will take the bait and start to chew itself to pieces. His cohesive mentality isn't protown. His scumhunting is not existent and yet he is trying to say that his vote on bacde is for bacde's lack of scumhunting

In post 281, ZONEACE wrote:Nothing like some good old active non-participation to endear yourself to everyone.

More soft pokes by Zone in an attempt to try and spread town distrust.

One of the most psychological ways to make sure that the town is uncoordinated is to make the town not trust itself. By interjecting these little side comments and here and there, Zone is assuring that the town can't trust it because there are "scummy" things happening by everyone.

In post 490, ZONEACE wrote:
In post 488, Smashbard wrote:TheTrollie: I'll be honest, I refuse to read anything you post as a counter point within quotations. You never did any of that in the Newbie Game we played together and Nachomamma thought you were guaranteed town. This vast change of playstyle makes me feel like you are scum trying to make your counter points as fluffy, hard to read and wordy as possible to make it seem like you are contributing when your scumhunting is a lot worse than it was in the Newbie Game we shared.

this is absolutely, unforgivably dumb (or stubborn, or both).

Again, instead of trying to help the town right itself and tell us why it is wrong for Smash to think these things he merely talks down to Smash, following the "tone" he established by calling his interactions with bacde earlier.

In post 528, ZONEACE wrote:
In post 518, Bacde wrote:

Zoneace's argument was essentially "it doesn't matter if X is town or scum, we need to lynch X" which means if X flips town Zoneace could easily respond with "ah well it didn't matter his alignment anyway good lynch

Nice misrep. My argument was that the way you were playin early on, regardless of alignment, was bad for the town. In addition the interaction/shadowing/sheeping/buddying of smash read scum to me.

Now kindly hang.

In post 568, ZONEACE wrote:
In post 561, Smashbard wrote:

Zoneace says Bacde is scum, guaranteed. He needs to be lynched today no matter what.

Another lazy missrep. You 2 are certainly sticking together in every way.

A classic defense of scum in my opinion to forgo explaining why things are not being interpreted correctly and goes on to kindle flames, almost approaching an argument. Once emotion comes into the game, people will lose focus of what they originally thought was scummy. It distracts people. That is Zone's ENTIRE goal with his play.

In post 622, ZONEACE wrote:
I'm alive, I'm alive, I am so alive

vote

nothing has changed for me since yesterday, though I do reserve the right to vote Zeph at a later time (but I don't want to run up the wagon so quickly at the start of the day and cause a lynch before everyone has a chance to post today)

Interesting to note for later on. A possible back door? I don't know. Only time will tell.

In post 669, ZONEACE wrote:
Maybe I’ve lost it at last
Maybe my last lucid moment has past
I’m dancing with death, I suppose.
But really, who knows?

In post 657, Nobody Special wrote:I have a solid gut feeling that this is multi-ball.

what does this mean?

In post 671, ZONEACE wrote:
In post 670, Nobody Special wrote:Multi-ball = more than one scum faction.

Let there be light.
Come on, Dad, let there be light.
You can't sit here in the dark for hours on end, it's just not right.
Let there be light.
Let there be light.

So, one of them can't kill? We had a successful block? Alternating night kills?

These two quotes in particular strike me as peculiar since it was Zone who called out my suspicion and the suspicion of NS as bad. While he sees that suspicion of NS is bad, he is willing to role-fish to the max? I am entertaining a few theories as to why Zone would do this, and the most logical ones are that Zone knows either 1) it is multiball, or 2) that NS is town but wants to fish a role out of NS BOTH of which imply scum knowledge and the questions seed themselves in scum motivation.

In post 673, ZONEACE wrote:
In post 672, Nobody Special wrote:Your guess is as good as mine. It's just a hunch.

We'll sit right down together just like a family should
And eat and talk and laugh and joke my family and me
Its gonna be good gonna be good
Gonna be gonna be gonna be gonna be gonna be
Good good good good good good good good good good
Gonna be good, gonna be good
Gonna be good you'll see.

ok, right, No, i get that's a hunch. But based on fuck all as far as I can see. I see no indication from existing evidence that is something we need to be seriously considering. Unless you've picked up on something I've missed.

Role-fishing hardcore here meant to look like "casual" conversation.

In post 729, ZONEACE wrote:
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.
This is fucking perfect!

Oh goodie, let's have a nothing poorly thought out/likely scum led shit-wagon on someone rather than actually being good mafia players and finding scum. Surely we'll win if we keep up this strategy.

This follows the cohesiveness principle I talked about earlier. The subconscious use of fuck and then the general negative comments are not to promote or foster a collective effort among the town. They are made to break down the morale and cause us to be disorganized.

In post 737, ZONEACE wrote:
In post 735, Bacde wrote:@Smashbard are you forgetting about 1393?

Remember how slaandar and denisatp
HARD
-bussed Thor on d1? And got him lynched?

Yeah, pushing someone and having them flip maf doesn't make you confirmed town

Can you tell me what it is you're afraid of?
Can you tell me why I'm afraid it's me?

kinda like how you're about to hard bus smash after he threw out that awful NS vote?

Continuing that precedent set earlier in the game. Another scum tell in my book as scum do not want to have to adapt in anyway to the change in information or presentation of information and will entrench themselves in ideas established early in the game IF they are not drawing any attention. Which, until now, they were not.

In post 773, ZONEACE wrote:What is S>W?

Also, a few of your town reads are absolute shit.

A minor thing, but I noted this when it happened. I think this could be cognitive dissonance. I have him listed as a scum read but he doesn't deny it.

Only my town reads.

Zone makes more negative comments towards Smash and bacde continuing to follow their play as scum when to anyone looking in from an objective viewpoint... scum would not be making the moves that they are making. Smash ESPECIALLY. Zone is fighting hard to not lose the possibility of the Smash/bacde lynch by attacking MY reads on these two as town.

In post 815, ZONEACE wrote:
In post 814, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: Zone

I am perfectly comfortable with this on an ethical and a logical level.

:roll:

Congratulations on this, it's super good.

Your 4th truly game relevant post (yes there are more about chicken's without heads and finding something on page 28, but only 4 have been actually substantive) out of 15 posts since you replaced in and it's a vote on me for adhoming. Just, really, really useful.

Particularly this specific post, his sarcasm subtly undermines the vote that I made against him already presenting my opinion in a negative light to those who are looking at it. Once more he establishes a negative attitude trying to attack my credibility as a player when I had just replaced in and was in the process of absorbing the information in the thread. concerning my play it doesn't take me very long to read the thread but to come to a conclusion based on the information I read it will take a while.

He uses attacks on my character and playstyle to suddenly devalue my vote on him.

Given the Standing of Zone as a player who likely has a lot of experience, I find his play to be scum motivated as I illustrated through the quote strips. I know it is long, but please bear with me I really think that the substance is there and I encourage everyone to vote Zone. I think he has a better chance of flipping mafia.

In post 824, Oversoul wrote:
In post 821, wind-up wrote:It's really vague.

I'll answer your questions if you answer mine. I'll put real effort to this game come Wednesday. Until then, everyone is just going to have to wait.

I guess this won't be happening anytime soon.

Also, where is
Konowa
? I see him posting in other games, but not here... What is up with that?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 660, PeregrineV wrote:VOTE: Dram

Seems like a result to me.

Could you explain this to me, Pere? I'm reading in context and I still don't understand the reasoning.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by wind-up »

I don't think I've ever read anything containing as much bullshit as Oversoul's #865 does. Christ almighty.
Staying put means giving up.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by wind-up »

And no, you don't get to know who I'm an alt of. That would defeat the purpose.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by wind-up »

Oversoul, you are so clearly starting with the conclusion that ZONEACE is scum and working backwards instead of reading his posts and then coming to the conclusion that he's scum.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

So OS, I'm suspicious because I'm snarky? Almost every point you raise against me is in response to a post where I was being a sarcastic bitch.

I hate to break it to you Hun but that's just my personality, so at best it's a null tell.

Re: the "role fishing"

No. I was information fishing. NS drops this multi-ball suggestion with absolutely nothing to back it up. I was trying to get him to provide a context for his hunch. It was pretty clearly protown behavior.

Also any attempt to read me and make a case based on current site meta is pointless. This is my first Large Normal in probably at least 5 years and my first non-marathon game (that I didn't flake on) in 3ish

Predit. Wind-up's response is fairly concise.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by wind-up »

VOTE: Oversoul

NB: I don't think ZONEACE is necessarily town, though.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Also, if you wanted to accuse me of role fishing you missed actual posts where I was fake claim fishing. On a couple of occasions I've gone after smash for his "breadcrumbing" in an attempt to force the fake claim he's setting up out into the open.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

In post 871, wind-up wrote:

NB: I don't think ZONEACE is necessarily town, though.

Fair enough. There are plenty of reasons why someone might scum read me this game (I've flown FIRMLY under the radar for a while, focused almost exclusively on a couple of players and had my share of non-participatory posts) just not the ones OS raises.

But, yeah. I'm town.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 851, Nobody Special wrote:Yeah, Zepher's good.

unvote

Vote: MrZepher

why is he a good vote to you
free crypto

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”