Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1448, kuribo wrote:better question is, why did he confront you about it when I had already made a much snarkier response?

I was trying to get their response subtly, but thanks for making it obv like that :P
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

BT's says that the thread points pretty strongly to kuribo-scum, but all he really says is "his macho doesn't seem town-fueled". You don't get to go all "ew 1v1 lynch" and then talk about how you just can't decide between Kuribo and Sotty, because Kuribo is
actually
really scummy.

Um, with Kuribo being an actual wagon and all, I don't know how much of it is based on ActionDan neighbourizing me (if any at all), but one of the reasons he gave in the QT when I asked him the same question (before you guys did) was that he thought I was a PR because he felt like I was hanging back. I also think the way he said that he thought I was town in the QT after he decided to replace out is something that scum probably wouldn't think to do. Like, how does it benefit them. Kuribo maybe seems kind of town from his posts, but I'm not so sure on that one.

Reads will be properly updated this weekend, but at the moment:

Kuribo- Weak town. Some of his play I think could come from scum (I don't like him thinking that Pless's post gives information on the scumteam), but I have reasons to think the slot is town.

CDB- Weaker town. I agree that ignoring Absta is slightly incriminating and he's not that town, but I don't think he's been that scummy, and the post addressed to Absta is weird from a scumbuddy in my opinion.

SAD- I still think he could be scum. Main thing that comes to mind is his weird reaction to being called town on Day 1. Another weird thing is that Absta calls people town for suspecting SAD for that reason but as far as I can remember doesn't really care too much about SAD, so maybe scumpoints there. His comments about Absta beginning of Day 2 are just strange as either alignment so I don't know how to interpret those.

Kise- Eh.

I'll probably make a decision as to what I want to do and read over some people like BT and Nost, maybe Sotty this weekend.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 1433, camn wrote:
In post 1388, ChannelDelibird wrote:Procrastinating and having to work are not scumtells for me.

Have you been skimming?
Its OK if you have.

Pretty much yes. As I said, I have a personal policy of not reading walls for fun reasons, so I've skimmed the occasional one of those that looks personally relevant to me.

In post 1439, Benmage wrote:
In post 1380, ChannelDelibird wrote:If it's just that I'm still even posting, when in days gone by I would long since have flaked from a game this large and long, that's just a product of playing fewer games, trying harder not to let people down by flaking and refusing to read walls, but frankly I would expect more of a reason than that anyway.

My issue with you is your excessive buddying of sottyrulez.

He's back off of Jason...Yet you're still voting Jason. What's up? ***Also I asked for you in my spoiler to list your current reasoning for suspecting jason.

I have explained this more than once: My read on Jason was not DICTATED by sotty, just my decision not to pursue his lynch yesterday, because it seemed dumb to risk my read against sotty's experience of him when we had other options. Now, with two scum dead, we're in a good position, so I'm happy to go after him.

What got me yesterday on Jason was him going after Vifam, petapan etc purely on what looked like playstyle concerns. I felt certain that he should know them a bit better or at least recognise that he wasn't going to fundamentally change them, but instead it just looked like he was pushing to see if people were willing to give him lynch a spiky player. Today ... well, I've discussed today.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 pm

Benmage wrote:
In post 1383, ChannelDelibird wrote:But you do know I have kuribo as town, yeah? Why are you expecting me to get on his wagon?

Why do you have this read?

In post 1259, ChannelDelibird wrote:ActionDan's emotional outburst struck me as a town player losing it, a more extreme case of "getting offended because how could anyone keep doubting I'm town".
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:41 pm

In post 1445, Nostredeus wrote:what I really don't like is the multiple times CDB has said he'd be "reading Nost" (#1393/#1153 to name two) before moving swiftly on; I'm not sure what CDB is trying to do with that (I mean maybe CDB is trying to drum up some chat on me without doing it himself, I'm really not sure *shrugs*), but frankly if someone's going to say they're reading me I kinda want them to go ahead and read me, ya know?

Fair enough - what I'm actually trying to do is find the time to do everything in this game that I should, because I only have so much time in the day and so much willing to do so much typing in this game. First time that I mentioned reading you, I started to get pulled up in defending myself and then reading up on chief suspect Jason today (which, I hope you'll agree, was the right priority then). The second time ... actually, not a lot of time had passed between me saying I should read you this time and your post. I can understand why you saw the pattern, but now that I've checked up on Jason I'm freer to check up on others. I'll hopefully have time to do that today.
#greenshirtthursdays
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 2, Votecount 17

ChannelDeliBird (5) - Plessiezarus, Zdenek, The Mini-Librarian, kuribo, camn

kuribo (5) - Cerulean, JasonT1981, Benmage, BT, Ser Arthur Dayne

JastonT1981 (1) - ChannelDelibird
sottyrulez (1) - Nostredeus
Nostredeus (1) - sottyrulez

Not voting (3) :
ZONEACE, Deasvail, Kise

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 22nd of February at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadlien: (expired on 2013-02-21 20:30:28)
  • No one is V/la

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:14 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1418, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1417, Zdenek wrote:There's a post where Absta said that he had a town read on Petapan. I know that it's wifomy, but I think he's probably gunning for town-cred on peta's, now Kuribo's, flip rather than trying to protect a buddy there.

In post 1107, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Absta's interactions:

Peta's slot is slowly leaning scum b/c .

[snip]

Absta apparently changed his stance about peta in to "town" from previously "prob scum" in , with no coherent transition.

He then changed his stance AGAIN on peta in , with no coherent flow of logic :neutral:

Yeah, okay, but this still looks more to me in retrospect like he's opportunistically changing reads. I think that if he was going to either bus or defend a buddy he'd be more deliberate than that.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:14 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1451, DeasVail wrote:BT's

Um, with Kuribo being an actual wagon and all, I don't know how much of it is based on ActionDan neighbourizing me (if any at all), but one of the reasons he gave in the QT when I asked him the same question (before you guys did) was that he thought I was a PR because he felt like I was hanging back. I also think the way he said that he thought I was town in the QT after he decided to replace out is something that scum probably wouldn't think to do. Like, how does it benefit them. Kuribo maybe seems kind of town from his posts, but I'm not so sure on that one.

Reads will be properly updated this weekend, but at the moment:

Kuribo- Weak town. Some of his play I think could come from scum (I don't like him thinking that Pless's post gives information on the scumteam), but I have reasons to think the slot is town.

See this doesn't make sense, then again not a whole lot of dans behavior made sense. You say he said he neighborized you because he thought you were a pr, which would imply he already had a town read on you but in you say he said he had come to have a town read on you based on things said in the neighborhood. Now unfortunately Dan decided to engage in needless posturing and then act like mr mcsissypants when it garnered him a negative reaction that he knew beforehand it would get him, so those of us who were trying to get a better read on the slot are left confused overall for why he chose to neighborize you.

You say you have reasons to think he's town, well if you actually do it would be nice for you to share them. Empire and I have spent far too much of the limited time we have to play discussing that slot as a whole. And kuribo's focus on his 1v1and set up spec instead of actually scumhunting isn't helping clear up that slot.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:21 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1457, Cerulean wrote:And kuribo's focus on his 1v1and set up spec instead of actually scumhunting isn't helping clear up that slot.

hi, try reading the last 5 pages or so instead of pushing the 1v1 thing

thanks in advance
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:22 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1373, kuribo wrote:may as well vote one of my other scum reads if I'm gonna be his counterwagon

Unvote
Vote: CDB

Ben's probably town, arguing with people who are being idiots tends to cloud my judgement

may as well vote one of my other scum reads if I'm gonna be his counterwagonUnvoteVote: CDBBen's probably town, arguing with people who are being idiots tends to cloud my judgement

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:33 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1458, kuribo wrote:
In post 1457, Cerulean wrote:And kuribo's focus on his 1v1
and set up spec
instead of actually scumhunting isn't helping clear up that slot.

hi, try reading the last 5 pages or so instead of pushing the 1v1 thing

thanks in advance
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:38 am

Post by kuribo »

the "set up spec" is part of the scumhunting, captain literacy

sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:41 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I'd like to direct everyone's attention to the play of Nostradeus and Kise. When you get a free moment from your focus on the major bandwagons, feel free to take a look at their play.

In post 1434, Kise wrote:I feel horrible for stalling on you guys.

Why don't I have any votes on me?

Unvote: Vote: Kise

I was meant to actually get back to Babyspice way back when but that went on the backburner for some reason, but she never bothered to give me anything to back up her meta read of Vifam scum with anything other than her word. (If there was an actual meta read, how does she not have even so much as a single game to rattle off for reference to go look and verify what she got?)
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

urgh, this game... i keep getting behind. trying to catch up today.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:45 am

Post by Cerulean »

Oh and pless - later tonight when I get home I'll talk about Arthur. Empires pretty much deferring to me on the Arthur read. But I don't agree with kuribo at all on his reasoning for giving him such a strong town read. Arthur contemplates the setup of games before they even start, and I definitely wouldn't put it past him to say what he said regarding the setup whether or not it was accurate even as scum. (I do find it a little amusing that with all his bluster on the people better have a damn good reason to find me town, he's not batting an eye at kuribo's town read >_>)
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:57 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1461, kuribo wrote:the "set up spec" is part of the scumhunting, captain literacy

Sorry wrong captain. I'm captain Leela:

Your setup spec just like your 1v1 read as a distraction, and I don't think either are very productive nor do they help me with my read on your slot.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:00 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1465, Cerulean wrote:Your setup spec just like your 1v1 read as a distraction, and I don't think either are very productive nor do they help me with my read on your slot.

Well, we've already established that you're illiterate.

You could try moving the goalposts ad poo-pooing attempts to catch scum as a distraction.

Shit, wait, that's exactly what you're doing. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Cerulean »

I miss petapan :(
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:06 am

Post by kuribo »

Yeah, because he's easier to lynch than me?

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:20 am

Post by Zdenek »

SAD, why do you want to flip Camn?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:24 am

Post by Cerulean »

:neutral: don't think petas all that easy to lynch in the first place. No matter how hard peta is to read, he'd at least be producing content and bring productive regardless of his alignment instead of reveling in distractions.

Like this one. You antagonizing me isn't helping my read on you, and how I deal with insults from an Internet stranger can't be helping your read on me.

If you do happen to be town and are trying to get a read on me, ask me something productive because this is a waste of time. Also, my mommy just told me I'm good enough to read dr Seuss now so I'm gonna go practice reading so I can become literate.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:35 am

Post by BT »

Cerulean you've still yet to tell me why Dan's CC is towntelling to you.

In post 1451, DeasVail wrote:BT's says that the thread points pretty strongly to kuribo-scum, but all he really says is "his macho doesn't seem town-fueled". You don't get to go all "ew 1v1 lynch" and then talk about how you just can't decide between Kuribo and Sotty, because Kuribo is
actually
really scummy.

DV, I think it was mostly a gut read on Sotty that made me weigh them against the kuribo vote. I'm actually kind of reconsidering what Cerulean said about them being all over the place (I think Ben said this too?) because one of the reasons I wanted to look at them was because I remembered nothing of their D1 but that one gutread that they decided to burn. Actually there was also that one "I hate all of the other hydras" post that I disliked similarly to how I now dislike the Nost case.
I actually kind of don't get what point you want to make with that paragraph. Am I setting up a Sotty switch? Is my thinking process flawed? The first sentence feels disconnected from the second, really, like you're just saying stuff for the sake of it.

In post 1451, DeasVail wrote:
CDB- Weaker town. I agree that ignoring Absta is slightly incriminating and he's not that town, but ...

Huh

How do you feel about me accusing you of ignoring Absta in light of this?

In post 1451, DeasVail wrote:I also think the way he said that he thought I was town in the QT after he decided to replace out is something that
scum probably wouldn't think to do
. Like, how does it benefit them.
Kuribo maybe seems kind of town from his posts, but I'm not so sure on that one

Also this. Are you reading your own posts? Conspiracy Theorist Self says you're one of those scum players that write up their conclusions in advance and posts random stuff along with it.

RE: Zar's slip

In post 1431, Plessiezarus wrote:
:roll:

Assuming you've taken math lessons:

absta + X + X + Traitor = 4. A four player scum-team PLUS a traitor would be OP in a 19 player game IMO.

kuribo: still don't think the absta kill makes sense from a SK's POV. Not that it isn't implausible, but just it seems subpar.

~Zar.

Uhhhh

In post 1422, Plessiezarus wrote:
Well, we're both confident on Jason being town at this point. We don't have a town read on any of the other three. But I don't think we're
that
good to have pinned the scumteam with the other three, so idk at least one should be scummy town? :shrug:

This means you think you might have caught the REMAINING
THREE
scum in that list.

Starting to dumb my townreads. <_< What a blast. Kind of makes me want to swing the lynch on Sotty and see what happens. Would anyone be up for that? Or we could lynch DV -- I really got an apetite for that now.

In general in light of the stronger urges I get from lynching other people + townreads on CDB faltering + CDB's #1452 (mainly the last part which is identical to my own reason for sticking to jason @ D1) I'm thinking this wagon shouldn't happen now.

In post 1461, kuribo wrote:the "set up spec" is part of the scumhunting, captain literacy

Just saying I think scumreads would do the job a tad better than what you're doing now.

And ugh at Sotty still sticking to the oddball wagons. This Kise vote seems kind of opportunistic to me. "I've been wanting to get back to BabySpice" rubs me the wrong way too.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:49 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1471, BT wrote:This means you think you might have caught the REMAINING THREE scum in that list.

That was exactly the point I was making until Cerulean decided it was pointless "setup spec."

BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:50 am

Post by BT »

ebwop: "starting to doubt my townreads", though I guess that works too

my grammar is top notch today I can tell
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:51 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1471, BT wrote:Just saying I think scumreads would do the job a tad better than what you're doing now.

and I've never claimed to be GOOD at scumhunting. Hell, I won exactly TWO town games last year. All year, mostly because my reads were crap. That's why I retired.

In fact, In Polite Mafia, I actually helped lynch scum by voting one of my null reads, figuring that everyone I was tunneled on was probably town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”