Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:16 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 2, Votecount 4

ChannelDeliBird (1) - Plessiezarus
ActionDan (2) - camn, Cerulean
JastonT1981 (1) - sottyrulez
Ser Arthur Dayne (1) - The Mini-Librarian

Not voting (11) :
Benmage, JasonT1981, Ser Arthur Dayne, Safetydance, Zdenek, Deasvail, BT, ActionDan, Nostredeus, ChannelDeliBird, Kise

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 22nd of February at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadlien: (expired on 2013-02-21 20:30:28)
  • Benmage is V/la

Looking for an ActionDan replacement.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Nostredeus »

I'm really not seeing how ActionDan wanting to keep the neighbour secret is scummy; he knew full well we could force him to tell us who was in the neighbourhood to verify his claim at any point. I'll happily wait to see what the replacement/you guys has/have to say but frankly I'm seeing AD as town here. Interested in Camn's case (associative tell with absta) but again I'll see what the replacement has to say about it.

Interested to see some heat on SAD, who it's coming from worries me of course. #1016 is weak sauce and seems to be refuted in the quote SAD quotes but maybe that's just me reading it wrong? #1079 is half a wall of "zdenek is looking bad" with the final sentence of the first paragraph being "but nvm all of that because the claim will sort that out" it just makes the first paragraph largely worthless...
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

ChannelDelibird

Another proper hydra post. Basically an update to our previous CDB read. The flips we've got so far have strengthed our scum-read considerably.

Interactions with TGAH

(Not looking at CDB's behaviour towards TGAH, just the other way around, since it seems safe to assume CDB didnt know TGAH was a traitor.)

In , TGAH asks DV to explain his vote for CDB: "why is CDB scum?". (DV never does expain why - he immediately unvotes, and the next time he mentions CDB he's talking about him as a town-read.) TGAH doesn't follow up on this question at all, despite the lack of answer. This suggests he didn't care
why
DV was voting CDB, just the fact that DV
was
voting CDB. Once DV stopped voting, he didn't care anymore.

TGAH replies to and agrees with a post of CDB's in ("qft") but otherwise that's almost the last time the slot cares about CDB at all.

TGAH only mentions CDB again in :
In post 691, TheGreatestAmericanHero wrote:If Jason was so worried about scum "fitting in" why does he have no comment on CDB's early posting about absta?

Not sure I can see the reason for bringing CDB up here at all (it's not something TGAH ever comes back to as a reason for Jason being scum). But more importantly, if TGAH found CDB's "early posting about absta" suspicious (or at least more suspicious than anything Jason had pointed out), why did he not mention it at the time?

Interactions with absta

CDB votes for absta in , apparently seriously, because of absta's . As clarified a few posts later:
In post 74, ChannelDelibird wrote:what I'm not saying is "this is proof that absta is scum". I'm saying "this reason why absta could be scum is a better reason to vote him than it is to leave a random vote on somebody else".

CDB unvotes absta in in order to vote SafetyDance. Never mentions any sort of scum-read on absta again. In fact, other than telling absta to "try harder ... do better" in , never mentions absta again in any context.

Absta never responded to CDB's semi-serious vote on him. In fact, absta never mentions CDB or responds to anything CDB says. Ever.

Can definitely see absta and CDB as partners. A little fake-suspicion early on, which absta doesn't care about in the slighest, then they both ignore each other for the rest of the day. Seems pretty typical behaviour for partners.

Other Stuff

As we said yesterday, CDB has some odd reasons for not voting people.

Suggesting in that Jason looks bad ("I'd be very strongly considering a vote on Jason") but that he's not worth considering as a suspect because sotty/Zach are town-reading him just feels ridiculous. It's an excuse not to have a meaningful read on him: if he happens to be scum, then sottyrulez is to blame, if he's town then everybody should have known it all along.

Likewise the way CDB goes from suspecting DV in to deciding he actually sounds town in . We don't feel was a particularly town-sounding post at all. It feels like CDB first decided to change reads on DV, and
then
looked for a reason to do so.

Finally, while CDB did vote TGAH, remember that we're working under the assumption the scum didn't know TGAH was a traitor. So any scum joining that wagon would have presumably thought they were joining a mislynch. The only reason CDB gives for suspecting TGAH seems to be that fact TGAH was voting for Jason. And CDB had himself suggested Jason was suspicious and that he would be voting for him if sotty/Zach weren't town-reading him.

This seems like a very weak reason to vote somebody, really, and CDB's "I'm happy to to move onto TGAH, as discussed before" in comes across as CDB being somewhat defensive about joining a wagon he actually assumes is going to be a bad one. The insistence that the TGAH scum read has been "discussed before" reads like a pre-emptive "no, I wasn't just voting him because he was the largest wagon!" excuse.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Cerulean »

Pless/Zar, I'm pretty much 100% with you guys re: CDB. Tammy and I talked about CDB last night and we both feel pretty strongly that he's a good shot at hitting an absta partner. Aside from everything you guys pointed out, I'd like to emphasize that I found it really weird that absta never responds to CDB's early vote and that CDB never followed up on that in any significant way - it came across as early game distancing to me.

I looked over DV again because I got bad vibes from him last night but there are a couple of things that seem to point against him being partnered up with absta. For example, I think DV would have taken a more firm stance on absta in #706 if they were on a team given his approach in Zar's game and (I believe) La La Land. Also, the appeal to absta in #912 seems weird if directed at a partner, right?

I also don't think absta was bussing SafetyDance in the first half of the day. From what I've seen in his other scum games, he usually tosses some suspicion on his partners but never commits a vote to them or pushes them in any meaningful way.

Also, if TGAH did indeed know who all of their partners were, I'd say Jason and Nostredeus should be exempted from the lynch, too. Roflcopter doesn't bus from memory and I don't think Konowa does either.

Aside from these, I'm still reading Benmage and Librarian as town via their own play.

Dudes I DO NOT want to lynch:
Camn, Plessiezarus, Jason, Nostredeus, SafetyDance, Benmage, Librarian, Zdenek, DV (uneasy about this one though)
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:06 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

In post 1104, Cerulean wrote:Dudes I DO NOT want to lynch: Camn, Plessiezarus, Jason, Nostredeus, SafetyDance, Benmage, Librarian, Zdenek, DV (uneasy about this one though)

I believe it is worth it to note that my list is exactly the same. (except replace myself with Cerulean obvs.)
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 1099, Cerulean wrote:There are only a couple ways I could see tgah going after their master that hard: if they didn't know the identity of all the police or if they were actually trying to draw the nightkill because they were recruitable. Iirc in academy the traitor was recruitable. There is the wifom thing I guess.

Can't really imagine a traitor who didn't know the identity of all the police going hard after anybody :?. Seems too risky for them -- what if they pick on the wrong person? Unless they thought that person was definitely not-police for some reason (because they'd attacked people the traitor knew were police, maybe?) I guess. But TGAH's attack on Jason seems to come about too early for that. (There are better ways to draw a night-kill, too.)

In post 1102, Nostredeus wrote:I'm really not seeing how ActionDan wanting to keep the neighbour secret is scummy

It seemed more ... needlessly stubborn than anything else, really. Kind of pointless to do as any alignment. But what do you think about his choice of target?

~ Pless
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:13 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Absta's interactions:

Peta's slot is slowly leaning scum b/c .

I don't really like how absta repeats the question from to . SD might be scum b/c of it b/c I really don't think absta-useless-scum would continue that train of thought if SD was town (as in he wouldn't really give a fuck unless it was a partner? meh).

I really don't like how in he claims to not have read a lot but then just seemed to go and attack SD. Can be busing? Just going with the flow?

Absta apparently changed his stance about peta in to "town" from previously "prob scum" in , with no coherent transition.

He then changed his stance AGAIN on peta in , with no coherent flow of logic :neutral:

Pless is prob town from . (somewhat weak but ehh don't think that would be directed towards a partner)

(Oh right and and don't read partner-interactions).

Things like , , and make camn not likely absta-aligned.

(Just realized there might still be an SK Omar)

Yea, will look at peoples' interaction with Absta later.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 1091, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1082, Plessiezarus wrote:Hmm. Kind of like this, you mean?

Sure *shrug*

I really can't control what TGAH said, neither am I going to analyze myself, neither am I really interested in answering these questions seriously. Because... well, have fun trying to appeal it to other people, but I have literally 0 idea of what you're attempting to achieve by questioning me about it :?

I'll even use one of your smileys to answer back: :?

No silly, we weren't questioning
you
. We were pointing out to the rest of the thread you look incredibly suspicious.

And you don't need to give up yet
, here are our thoughts on your interactions:

In post 1028, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Umm, because he was useless? I didn't really wanna be a dick when he was alive b/c I thought there was the possibilty that he was town and honestly struggling, but now that I know he was scum it was fucked up?

Is that so? The way we're seeing it, to us your "frustration" reads fake and is a lot more consistent with your Dayne play in the Mystery Hall of Fame, where you actively used AtE to try to latch into a town read for the Goons in your team.

Why would you want to yell to flipped scum for being useless if you're town? This does not make any sense in that scenario. A look at yout ISO combined with absta's points at a lot of coaching and some distancing going on.

For somebody who stated concerns on absta's activity in the posts on which you follow on his later contributions do not express any hint of degree of rising suspicion (it doesn't seem like you ever seriously pondered his activity was indicative of his alignment, despite your remarks on your ooc post), , , and are a lot more likely to come from a buddy that is coaching another into being more active.

In fact, your response to TML's

In post 399, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 390, The Mini-Librarian wrote:For people on the Safetydance wagon: Why him over Absta? I really feel that Absta is display many of the same signs that Safety is except on a much worse level.
There is always the small hope that Absta will contribute something good though.

Looks like an attempt to take some steam off the scrutiny his way. Which is pretty consistent with your various deflections to answer our question in .

If we look at absta's thoughts on your slot, he occasionally pretended to suspect you, but managed to list you as a "null" in while he tended to attack people who went after you. This is behavior that fits with how a buddy would act around another that is on a relatively good position. Mild suspicion that is later disregarded, soft defense and posturing are all signs a possible partnership between you two.

Not to mention that your - are, surprisingly naive as Pless indicated; you were in NY160B and saw the whole DGB 12 hour angry replace out.

~Zar.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:44 am

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 1106, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 1102, Nostredeus wrote:I'm really not seeing how ActionDan wanting to keep the neighbour secret is scummy

It seemed more ... needlessly stubborn than anything else, really. Kind of pointless to do as any alignment. But what do you think about his choice of target?

~ Pless

I can see some logic in it, in so far as DV leaned town on TGAH at the end of D1 so TGAH's flip would have allowed AD to tailor his approach in the neighbourhood based on that but I wouldn't give AD credit for thinking like that instead it looks like AD wanted a scum read in the neighbourhood to question.
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1012, camn wrote:
In post 1009, The Baltimore Sun wrote:2-shot Modified Rolecop and traitor to the PO-lice

Open question, which is needed for association tells-
Does this mean TGAH was, role-wise, a 'TRAITOR", as in he was unknown to the rest of the police? Or did they all know he was with them?

Theme wise I think the former.... but I am not a good one for setups.

I've seen both sorts of traitors. Flavor says that Bubbles is more likely to be unaware of the others than not, but that sort of argument has pretty limited use.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:10 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

kuribo replaces ActionDan
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:11 am

Post by camn »

kuribo- fullclaim now.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Zdenek »

Vote: CDB

I don't have anything to add to what's been said.

I could also go with Kuribo/ActionDan today - the whining and replacing out gives him a decent chance of being scum.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:09 am

Post by kuribo »

Camn I was about to tell you to go fall in a hole but I see where Dan already told deas he had claimed out

Wendell Orlando Blocker, x-shot neighborizer, with my sole neighbor being dead right now.

Anything else, sit on it till I get home and read this crap you people have been derping
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 am

Post by kuribo »

Sole neighbor is deas, not dead. Fucking autocorrect.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:11 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1113, Zdenek wrote:
Vote: CDB

I don't have anything to add to what's been said.

I could also go with Kuribo/ActionDan today - the whining and replacing out gives him a decent chance of being scum.

Also this is a proven incorrect statement about replacing out, and I find it hard to believe zdenek actually thinks this.

The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:13 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

Yeah, but zd isn't scum unless he's scum with benmage.

(basically read the thread first)
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1116, kuribo wrote:Also this is a proven incorrect statement about replacing out, and I find it hard to believe zdenek actually thinks this.

He's also confirmed town unless he's scum with Benmage.

P-Edit: ninja'd by Librarian >_>
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:16 am

Post by kuribo »

Okay so he's just vomiting derp, gotcha

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:16 am

Post by DeasVail »

Kuribo! :D
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:33 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Mmk I looked through some people's interactions with Absta. Not much to go on (I didn't really look a lot <___<), but rough tiers anyway so far:

kuribo
Safetydance, ChannelDelibird
The Mini-Librarian, Deasvail, JasonT1981
sottyrulez, BT, Kise
Plessiezarus, camn, Zdenek, Nostredeus
Cerulean, Benmage
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh, by the way, now that Dan has replaced out:

In the QT, after he had asked to replace out in thread, ActionDan made a post saying that because of what I said in the QT, he had come to think I was town (not exact wording, but you get the idea) and that he thought it would've been nice to continue talking, but that he couldn't handle camn and cerulean.

The latter part is possibly from scum, but I think the first part is unnecessary,. REally rushed as I've really got to go now, so more later on other people.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 1104, Cerulean wrote:Dudes I DO NOT want to lynch: Camn, Plessiezarus, Jason, Nostredeus, SafetyDance, Benmage, Librarian, Zdenek, DV (uneasy about this one though)

This list matches up fairly well with our current town-reads (not in this order, obviously, but then this list isn't meant to be ordered, right?).

We'd add you and sottyrulez as town-reads (despite sotty's odd reversal re:Jason today), and wouldn't have TML (who's definitely still null for us) or DV (who
was
null, but has dropped down to weak-scum recently), but otherwise that's it. Can you explain what we're missing in TML's play?

In post 1121, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:kuribo
Safetydance, ChannelDelibird
The Mini-Librarian, Deasvail, JasonT1981
sottyrulez, BT, Kise
Plessiezarus, camn, Zdenek, Nostredeus
Cerulean, Benmage

How can Zdenek be a weaker town-read than Benmage? :?

If Zdenek is scum, then Benmage must also be scum, since Benmage would have had to have lied about getting the Friendly Neighbour confirmation. In other words, Zdenek being town is now a necessary precondition for Benmage being town. Logically, it must be at least as likely Zdenek is town as it is that Benmage is town.

~ Pless
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:59 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1123, Plessiezarus wrote:This list matches up fairly well with our current town-reads (not in this order, obviously, but then this list isn't meant to be ordered, right?).

We'd add you and sottyrulez as town-reads (despite sotty's odd reversal re:Jason today), and wouldn't have TML (who's definitely still null for us) or DV (who
was
null, but has dropped down to weak-scum recently), but otherwise that's it. Can you explain what we're missing in TML's play?

No, it's not meant to be ordered. I'd like to see some more from Zach, especially regarding Jason. And I'm not at all confident in DV.

My townread on Librarian is largely meta based. Compare his town play here and here with his scum play here and I think the difference is pretty big. He's a lot more aggressive, cocky, and tunnely as scum and I'm not seeing that here at all.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”