NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:49 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1674, zabriel wrote:Hi PV. I've been playing a lot of STO and not checking MS as often. I actually kind of buy AP's explanation for UN's Vifam case. The IaI wagon is comfortable though. I'd rather finish it than have it be something that keeps coming up.

PEdit: Seriously JS?

This is the single scummiest post all game.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1702, mozamis wrote:
In post 1697, UberNinja wrote:I'm gonna go with laziness begets lazy wagons, and I still don't get a good feel about it

His ISO notwithstanding

To me, it seems you're more interested in going after one of the "big guns" just to make the game more interesting. "Wouldn't it be amazing if I caught Majiffy/Mollie/Mattp/Vifam, what a great scum catch that would be!". And you're right, if ANY of those players are scum, I'd be amazed, and you could give yourself a huge pat on the back. But just look at what's much more likely, that they are all town, and scum are doing what they do best, which is lurk/semi lurk and let town tear themselves apart. Let's get rid of the obvious scum first -e.g Jacob -and if the big shots are still around later on, then you can do your Sherlock Holmes bit, and we can all say "Wonderful, Uber, amazing play!".

You forget the part where I'LL BE FUCKING DEAD BY THAT POINT.

Wanna see how scum like to get me mislynched to save their own asses, because I have a posting style that's abrasive in large games wehre there are lots of possibilities for scum people? Feel free to check my past games. I've been mislynched like seven times in the past year. And each time, every single fucking stupid townie that was on my lynch was like "ooops, but at least we won because we followed your reads Uber"

In post 1702, mozamis wrote:But yeah, lets catch someone who actually might be scum first.

You don't think any of Majiffy/Mollie/MattP/Vifam could be scum? Then you are a fool. A
great
fool.

In post 1702, mozamis wrote:And "His ISO notwithstanding"??? How else do you catch scum without looking at what they have actually said?!. Jacob's post about voting UA because "people had jumped off his wagon" (like that hadn't happened to Mhork and pretty much EVERY other wagon Day 1) was laughable, and should get him lynched. And you should be lynching him.

I disagree. I'd much rather lynch smart scum who are affecting the outcome of the game on a real time basis, than scum who are lurkers and can be quicklynched at the drop of a hat when necessary.

Because if you lynch all the easy scum first, then all of the smart scum kill off all of the smart townies, and TOWN FUCKING LOSES.

THIS IS HOW SCUM WINS GAMES. HELLO.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1706, borkjerfkin wrote:Honestly if he doesnt die today Im the fuck out of this game. Not doing this shit again.

Fucking leave already you little bitch
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Eat a dick.
beefycheese
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1707, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1703, AngryPidgeon wrote:Side note: I cant think of anything melodramatic enough to do if we lynch Uber today and he flips town. But seriously, we aren't lynching Uber ever.

Please provide legitimate reasons for your town-tunnel because I'm not seeing any town out of UN whatsoever.

Yeah cause you're a fucking scumbag who doesn't have any vested interest in keeping someone like me around

i.e. someone WHO GETS SHIT DONE AND GETS SCUM LYNCHED

p-edit: lol
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by Vifam »

Are you guys serious
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by Vifam »

Vote ActionDan please
ok
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1717, borkjerfkin wrote:Also explain to me how UN fucking deflecting everything I say with ad hominem is fucking town

Name one thing I have deflected, and I will gladly rectify

Ohhhhh wait you can't
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

How bout you actually answer the questions I asked you instead of being a shithead?
beefycheese
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1723, borkjerfkin wrote:
UN wrote:
Vifam is an alright choice, but if we're playing to win here, Majiffy should die, because his reads make no fucking sense and also because of his epic push to get Underachivers lynched on Day 1 even though it was obvious as fuck that they were town, and even MORE so in hindsight?

Are you fucking serious you were practically calling them scum with mollie

"LOL GO FIND ME PROOF OF WHERE I SAID THAT"

And don't chop out the context this time, asshole
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1725, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1674, zabriel wrote:Hi PV. I've been playing a lot of STO and not checking MS as often. I actually kind of buy AP's explanation for UN's Vifam case. The IaI wagon is comfortable though. I'd rather finish it than have it be something that keeps coming up.

PEdit: Seriously JS?

This is the single scummiest post all game.

Is this predicated on JS being scum and zabriel being his buddy? If so, then I could possibly see it, since he'd be coasting and not wanting a JS lynch, and also not wanting to rock the boat and upset the perfect storm of me, Majiffy, pirate mollie, bork, and Vifam all at the same time.

Otherwise, you'll have to explain it to me.

Honestly though, I'm getting kind of tired of this shit fight between me and all of the aforementioned scum/assholes/complete fucking idiots.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:59 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Attempting to calm down.

Here:

TUA (was in response to me I think):
" In post 1067, TheUnderachivers wrote:So you don't think I'm scummy for going for Josh but....I'm still scum? The hell? Its a 21 player game and there are gonna be like 5-6 scum. I don't see why my suspecting multiple suspects is "bad". Casting a wider net is more likely to hit scum. Unless you are scum and you know that I'm off there's no reason to attack me for suspecting others. So its like your voting me for the sake of voting? Was my town read on you wrong?"

Your response:
"The way this post is worded reminds me of how I've seen scum act before.

They bargain with their own town reads and say "okay I guess my town read on you was wrong" when people say things they don't like. And the reason this is significant is because scum attach more inherent value to appearing town, than townies do. So they use it as a bartering chip, and feel like it will be a magic bullet. But it's not, because townies aren't trying to look town. They're trying to find scum.

TheUnderachivers goes way up on the scumdar."

Equate this to obvtown -- I got no impression that you thought that from your ISO at any point.
beefycheese
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok, Bork is town. Moving on. Maybe Penguin isn't, I kind of liked UN's pbpa on her recent posts.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1665, penguin_alien wrote:pirate mollie's last post is the towniest she's sounded this game to me, although she was more indeterminate than scum to me before.

I find it weird that UberNinja would seem to object to a derp-lynch at this stage rather than on the 'final day' as he outlines in #1642. Shouldn't it be the other way around? If he means 'final day' as in LyLo, isn't that the last time you want to policy lynch?

UberNinja, can you cite any games where scum-Vifam was unusually grammatically correct in contrast to haphazard typing as town-Vifam?

Still waiting for JacobSavage to express an opinion that isn't sheeping. And I for one didn't interpret the chkflip-loss of time penalty as a town indicator; maybe I'm naive, but I figured that a time crunch might be detrimental to scum in that they'd be more likely to slip in making cases under increased time pressure and/or fail to whittle our numbers via lynching with shorter time frames to work with. A moot point now, but given that Maestro didn't seem to react immediately implied that he'd thought through the ramifications of his penalty choice.

Actually Id be more than a little don to lynch this.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by Vifam »

ActionDan's play since D2 hit really doesn't ring as town and I don't want him to coast this game because he had stellar D1 play if he's scum.

Post #1544 is a bad post. The whole "I was gonna vote Zab" deal seems like he's just waiting for a wagon to hit, other than that there is really no reason to hesitate on voting him there. Everything else so far is just blanket statements and fluff.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Vifam »

UberNinja really is an asshole
ok
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 821, UberNinja wrote:
In post 576, TheUnderachivers wrote:[quote="
In post 574, Aj The Epic wrote:IAI's and Hero's same read on Mollie means that a read on them should be the same?

no but both Hero and IAI have some similar talking points.

+Mollie does look pretty scummy]Mollie: Why are you not voting your scum reads?[/b]

quite a good thing to ask.

In post 587, TheUnderachivers wrote:Mastin and Nero out of hydra posts

Spoiler:
In post 29, mastin2 wrote:Hi, guys.

As a warning, our hydra hasn't been activated quite yet. So we can't play yet.

In post 165, Nero Cain wrote:This is going to be my sole out of hydra post.

We are killing Bitmap today. Make it so.

vote:Bitmap

In post 415, mastin2 wrote:
In post 165, Nero Cain wrote:This is going to be my sole out of hydra post.
But I need to make one more.

Mod:
My half of the hydra will be V/LA over the weekend.

Btw, TheReverand is pretty much confscum. Moz is bad, but not as bad.
I'll elaborate as soon as the damn hydra account is activated. (It STILL isn't.)

In post 510, Nero Cain wrote:fuck it. Tired of waiting on my hydra.

vote:chk

In post 512, Nero Cain wrote:wanted to what happened.

this is a townie thing to do
In post 1170, UberNinja wrote:More people need to ignore the current I_Am_Innocent and TheUnderachivers wagons and vote for pirate mollie.
In post 1296, UberNinja wrote:
In post 1246, TheUnderachivers wrote:Yo, UN, you scum?

You're dancing around our lynch, calling us scummy but not actually firmly saying we're scum.

Which, if my memory isn't betraying me (it is overly fond of stabbing me in the back :P), was something you were rather fond of doing as scum in 1377.

Nope. And I'm not dancing around your lynch; I'm pushing a better one.

Uhhhhh, 1377? you mean 1379? :P
Don't ask me why Matt changed it.
In post 1298, UberNinja wrote:
In post 1280, TheUnderachivers wrote:Not as definite as I'd prefer, but probably the strongest of those I've done an iso for. :P

I actually read you and Nero very differently this game. Those posts which I can tell are yours, seem very town.

Some of Nero's posts seem town as well, but the argument with Vifam just didn't feel so great.
In post 1301, UberNinja wrote:After thinking not-so long and hard about it, I am ultimately against a Nero/mastin lynch today. I think that though they have said some scummy things, there are much better people to lynch, like mollie.

And when I was scum last time against mastin, I was shitting bricks because he had things all nailed down, and I had to pull mountains of shit out of my ass and shove it down people's throats in order to get them to lynch him instead of me.

I want him around, because he sees right through all that shit. And if what he's saying about Nero is true (I personally do not have much experience, but mastin holds him in pretty high regard), then they are definitely worth keeping around, even on the off-chance they're town.

Not to mention, I don't get an entirely good feeling from UA wagon. I feel there are only 3 people with a reason to be there, AJ, Vifam, and to an extent Majiffy. Everyone else is just along for the ride, and it doesn't "feel" like a good wagon should feel, to me.

- Aj the Epic ("VOTE: TheUnderachivers I've got me a scum read. And I definitely am picking up town-vifam reads as well." this vote feels good)
- Vifam (his vote's at least consistent with what he's been saying so far)
- Herobrine (it's herobrine, obviously this is a suspect vote)
- borkjerfkin (absolutely no reasons for his vote in post 1062. he votes UA and then talks about something else for the rest of his post)
- zabriel (suspect vote: "If there's a Vig or something of the like around, we might just be better off hitting Achivers and letting IaI get bumped off tonight possibly. vote: UA" <-- what the fuck is that shit)
- Majiffy ("Stop fucking dismantling the strongest wagon and get the fuck back on UA." feels good, I have no problem with his vote here, even though I think it is possible misplaced, there's nothing wrong with the vote itself)
- chkflip (said he was going to vote with MattP, but abandoned the IAI wagon as soon as it seemed the UA wagon had more steam. Also, his position on wagons, 2nd on Mhork, 6th on UA, doesn't feel good to me either. I trust 1st, 3rd, sometimes 4th, L-1, and hammer votes on a wagon the most. That's a lot of spots, and he still hasn't hit them)

And I don't like the situation of a few people off the wagon either for that matter:
- MattP (pushed like hell for a Lord Mhork wagon, pushed like hell for an IAI wagon... then sat on it while the UA wagon built. now, where is he?)
- Bitmap and TheRev are on 1-person wagons which are going nowhere. That's never the town thing to be doing. Wagon, motherfuckers.

I suppose the person(s) I need to read up on the most are JacobSavage and Lord Mhork. Mhork's iffy comment in 282 notwithstanding, nothing else has really jumped out at me, either positively or negatively. And Jacob is a bit of a blind spot. So is Peregrine for that matter.

And mollie still needs to die.

Oh hey look, a whole fucking post dedicated to the fact that Underachivers is a bad lynch...

You must not have been looking very hard, bork, if you got no impression that I thought UA was town (or at the very least, a bad lynch) from my ISO at any point:
bork wrote:I got no impression that you thought that [UA was town] from your ISO at any point.
Fucking laughable.

And oh hey look! You've been trying to get me lynched for this since Day 1...
In post 1237, UberNinja wrote:
In post 1190, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1176, TheUnderachivers wrote:
In post 1170, UberNinja wrote:More people need to ignore the current I_Am_Innocent and TheUnderachivers wagons and vote for pirate mollie.

Swtich Mollie with JS and this post is gold. JS is scum and everyone avoiding JS is suspect.

Yep this is how mafia works.

In other news I like how UN's wall has underacheeevers (the lead wagon) "going way up on his scumdar" but totally wants everyone to ignore it in favor of mollie.

it makes sense if you pay attention to how scummy mollie is on a wholistic level compared to underacheeeevers one or two dodgy posts in that exchange with vifam

really, it does

good job trying to casually push blame on me though.

Hmmmm I forgot about this. This changes things.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I'm officially with Bork re: UN, if he isn't gone by the end of the day I'll probably request replacement. I can see this becoming a very unenjoyable game.

Also AP you really need to start explaining the UN town read instead of ignoring it, yeah?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by Vifam »

How come UberNinja is allowed to be a huge cunt but I make a joke about a dead dog and I get reprimended
ok
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Right?

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1740, Vifam wrote:UberNinja really is an asshole

And I had JUST changed my wiki, too...

I am known for being [...] somewhat abrasive both in personality and in my play. Sorry, in advance.

To:

I am known for being [...] pretty unorthodox in my play. Sorry in advance if I offend you!

Guess it's time to change it back, and also to include this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_KDAicF0Yo#t=12s
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Fine I will tone it down then, if you bitches can't stand a little heat in the kitchen
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Majiffy »

The difference is, Dennis Leary is actually funny.

You're closer to Daniel Tosh, really.

||
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Vifam »

Daniel Tosh is pretty funny
ok
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

What if I told you guys. That Vifam/UN/Majiffy/Bork/Mollie are all town.

(Im less certain of Vifam, but fuck it, lets roll with it)

I want to start settling on a compromise lynch. How about:

Zabriel
P_A
IaI?
Mattp (reaching, I know)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”