MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:36 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 1124, Jal wrote:Monkey, what is your definition of role madness?

If there are more power roles than normal and few vanilla townies. In this game, I would say it is role madness if there are 1 or 0 vanilla townies and no mafia goons.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:51 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 1123, MonkeyMan576 wrote:It's not the antagonistic part that is so scummy. It's that you played completely different in the first half of the day and the second half of the day. Mehndi provided a lot more analysis and content than you did, and you also attacked SC, who ended up being right about Lurker. So I look at multiple things when making my reads.

Explain how I've played differently
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:15 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 1101, SafetyDance wrote:
In post 895, Mehdi2277 wrote:And that same scum miller got nominated for a scummy. Kind of means something and if you want an opinion of a non townie who read the game I commented and said sala played pretty great. Policy lynching millers is a bad idea if you don't care much about their play.

I'll check the cards I got later, but I've gotten 2 already (one was at night and the other I mentioned during the day before).

Where did gnr mention the kills like that in the OP?

I think this needs to be clarified. How'd you get a card at night? Lurker's two cards have been claimed.

It's been clarified already. It's referring to the chance card that was a get out of jail safe card. The other being I got money during the day yesterday (I think inherited 100 dollars).

Next I can understand jake as a scum read some, but monkey can you explain tbg as scum?

As for night kill stuff saying un was likely the scum kill and spice was likely a vig kill is enough. The problem with them isn't wifom but more of there's a ton of reasons to kill someone so usually you can write up a reason for many players to shoot another (it's better if you want who wouldn't kill un).

Lastly jal explain one reason for how a vig claim helps right now? It mainly makes a mostly confirmed innocent and gets them killed next night or soon and we can direct them without claiming. Mock lynch that the vig has to shoot.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:42 am

Post by Jal »

A vig can be a negative utility role. As scum, I would rather kill a tracker than a vig. If there is a roleblocker, which is the best explanation of town-you not being seen tracked, then they would be best off blocking them, no?

But I have my personal reasons which I don't want to showcase.

Medhi, what are your thoughts on Uber going nowhere last night?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:47 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

That he's a passive pr would be my guess.

As for RBing a tracker how would they know a tracker existed last night. No one's found my soft claim so it looks like it wasn't for the thing I said about my role.

And it's not negative utility if the kill is controlled. You still haven't answered why not just do a mock lynch and the vig has to shoot the person mock lynched each day. Unless you take double day is negative utility it should be really helpful.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Jal »

A roleblocker will just roleblock whomever yesterday. I'm talking about tomorrow night regardless so I have no idea what the hell you're talking about there and I don't know how a tracker is refers to you as of last night. How else do you explain, from a town-you perspective, how a tracker is failing to see your action last night?

Scum can help direct the vig in this situation, so no, I don't really want to engage in something which scum can manipulate.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:05 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Scum can manipulate a lynch. Do you want to stop lynching? I think I've a better idea on what happens with vig controlling since I've been controlled twice when I had a kill and both times town won by a lot.

And your saying last night and tomorrow night in the same thing. I got role blocked. If I thought the chances were too low currently I'd be voting safety.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

With Cheery backing me up claiming you got roleblocked is really the only town move you have isn't it? Cross-vote was still your first defence back when I called your visit a lie.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

Also, I think we need to be perfectly clear when claiming cards.

Deed Cards = properties
Special Cards = chance or community chest

For instance myself/rob: 2 deed cards at start of game, 1 community chest during day giving double vote. One deed card at night and then another CC card with money today. (nothing here is anything that hasn't been claimed in previous posts).

The way I see the role setup at the moment is:

1st level - normal game roles and abilities
2nd level - power roles/actions gained by deed card (randomly and regardless of your alignment/role?)
3rd level - temporary/one-shot actions that can be gained from special cards.

Does this point to role madness? It seems to point to a lot of roles that we can get in the game. It will be interesting afterwards to see how it was all balanced out. Must've taken ages to set up.

With the deed cards from previous players, do we know everything that's been claimed?

Lurker's properties have gone to guille and I
Baby/UN have gone to Jal and Monkey.

Was there anyone else claiming new cards? As Jal mentioned there should be at least two more.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I didn't get any deed cards.

And safety go have fun imagining what you would have done in my position.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

Aside from the Mehdi stuff, I think the Agent_Ireland/Monkey slot is looking scummy too. It's one of the slots I found in my early reads was giving a scummy read after the initial lurker wagon.

Just look at his ISO and his first 8 post.

Post #8.... RVS vote on scum
Post #226 Dodge
Post #291 "A lot has happened but I'm not going to post anything". Keeps RVS vote on lurker with no reason given
Post #299 card speculation
Post #306 ditto
Post #309 quick unvote after lurker's claim
Post #319 request for prod
Post #333 lurker is now town

Looks like a bus to me. He was lurking, not giving a lot of information himself about anything yet was active enough to request other to be prodded. He was very quiet during the entire day. When Lurker went to L-2 he was the only vote on it without a valid reason or giving any actual reason at all but he was one of the first off it and in his next post gave him as a town read.

It's hard for Monkey to answer any of that (I dont think he can) but it doesn't change AI's play.

P-EDIT: @Mehdi As Scum? Probably defecating in my pants. I dont really want to imagine that too hard.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 1098, Lord Mhork wrote:
TBG, do you really think that the mod would let a Vig possibly be scum. I'd wager that killing would be a passive ability for a townie or possibly serial killer. Scum Vig just seems way too powerful.

It's in the rules that he would, so yes.

Vigilante is the single best Town PR in the right hands, extra 'lynches' are incredibly powerful.

I agree on AI/MM
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

Whilst I'm imagining, I have the mental image of your avatar as scum laughing its head off as town spends hours going through your 200+ posts trying to find a breadcrumb.

P-edit again: @mehdi
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

My avatar is cute isn't it. And post count amount is a null tell for me since I've almost always had ridiculously high amounts of posts.

Anyways the point was a tracker calls me a liar. Either you're lying, got rb, or I did. The second didn't work great without the result and I didn't think I'd be role blocked either. At the moment it currently fits a bit.

Lastly I mainly wanted to see if someone could find it. By the looks of it not being true I don't think it was for the soft claim.

Finally for the mock lynch
Pseudo vote: guille
. Early nice posts help but only if sustained and currently you remain one of the people I suspect most.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:24 pm

the problem I have with all of this is the fact that Safety claimed he got his tracker ability from the card he got from lurker, lurker already claimed it was a watcher and later switched and said it was a tracker, the fact that now SD is claiming he got that same card and in deed it has a tracker ability, I am not buying it for a second.

I believe CD that he visited jal, I find it hard to believe a mod would let a person perform 2 actions but I have to assume he's telling the truth about visiting CD. 2 tracker claims plus my role doesn't make sense as all being town sided so if I had to guess I'd say SD is scum over CD

the only problem I have is I don't trust mehndi one bit, so I am down with lynching him, but if he flips town I think it pretty much confirms SD as scum.

SO i'd rather lynch SD first because I don't buy 2 tracker claims but if I can't get an SD lynch, I will gladly take a mehndi lynch.

As for Monkey, I have no clue what to make of him, my gut wants to say he is scum but I will give him a chance to see if he can communicate his reads better and also see how he explains the question I asked him.

p.edit - this mock lynch is the stupidest thing I ever heard

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:25 pm

telling the truth about visiting UN*

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1105, Jal wrote:
This is what I find strange: StrangeCougar's reaction to Lurker. Lurker claimed what his cards were and one was similar to the one Cheery is claiming now. Why would StrangeCougar find Lurker's claim strange when he had a similar card indicating that yes, those deeds have power? It's not like Lurker claimed TRACKER which is what Cheery says he has, so it wasn't a CC type of vote - so I'm having trouble finding the town motivation in finding Lurker's claim "off."

I don't understand it either, but my guess would be it was something to do with the 1-shot part of it.

In post 1128, Jal wrote:A vig can be a negative utility role. As scum, I would rather kill a tracker than a vig. If there is a roleblocker, which is the best explanation of town-you not being seen tracked, then they would be best off blocking them, no?

It would also depend if the vig is via a deed card or is passive. If it's a deed card, my guess would be that scum would try and steal the extra kill.
The roleblocker would also be better on the trackers, since the deed card move around, killing them would just give the tracker power to someone else, and it would still likely be a threat.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 1139, Jake from State Farm wrote:the problem I have with all of this is the fact that Safety claimed he got his tracker ability from the card he got from lurker, lurker already claimed it was a watcher and later switched and said it was a tracker, the fact that now SD is claiming he got that same card and in deed it has a tracker ability, I am not buying it for a second.

I believe CD that he visited jal, I find it hard to believe a mod would let a person perform 2 actions but I have to assume he's telling the truth about visiting CD. 2 tracker claims plus my role doesn't make sense as all being town sided so if I had to guess I'd say SD is scum over CD

the only problem I have is I don't trust mehndi one bit, so I am down with lynching him, but if he flips town I think it pretty much confirms SD as scum.

SO i'd rather lynch SD first because I don't buy 2 tracker claims but if I can't get an SD lynch, I will gladly take a mehndi lynch.

As for Monkey, I have no clue what to make of him, my gut wants to say he is scum but I will give him a chance to see if he can communicate his reads better and also see how he explains the question I asked him.

p.edit - this mock lynch is the stupidest thing I ever heard

Firstly, I think you're either being purposely dense or you're not understanding everything.

About my tracker claim - I'm not claiming I'm a tracker, I'm claiming I have a deed card that gives me the tracker ability.

Now, I read through the Lurker stuff recently so it may be fresh to me but I can't believe you don't know what he claimed, since it was the biggest event day one. He claimed his EC card was a watcher then slipped saying it tracker. If my slot got the EC card last night and it is a tracker, how can I be lying? Are you trying to claim by process of elimination that the EC
was
a watcher?

You also seem to be forgetting that CD backed up what I said I got in the role pm. How can I fake that then, being the first person to mention it? He is also saying he has the other utility and that it gives the same ability. Doesn't that make any sense to you?

You're the third or fourth person (jal, mehdi, cd, jake) now to soft-claim a PR role. You're right town could appear too strong, which is why if you were reading before, you'd notice I came up with the same thoughts, scum must be powerful or have some strong ability to counter all this,

I can't say I'm confident mehdi is 100% scum, all I know for sure is that he didn't do anything last night when he claimed to moonlight as a doc.

Speaking up isn't really beneficial for my survivability either. If mehdi is scum I'm still not likely to survive the night anymore than if he is town and there's a vig.

I'd like to know how, other than gross misrep of the situation, you can think I come out of this with anything but a town-motive.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:32 pm

that's just it, he fake claimed watcher and later claimed it to be tracker so that means that he never had either ability, aka it's fake aka you don't have the tracker ability imo

what are you referring to about your role PM that CD backed up, I don't recall seeing this, can you link me to what you are talking about.

and as for the fact that you came out with your info meaning it's only town motivated, that may work for someone naive to automatically assume that but I have seen scum volunteer info like that before. Look at what happend, everyone has claimed. In fact you were the one asking people to reveal their info aka role fishing.

I am also not going to assume that both water works and electric company are both the same ability nor am I going to assume that they both are town roles. I absolutely don't believe anything associated with the electric company since lurker obviously lied about what ability it has.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:33 pm

and you know what I mean when I say watcher or tracker, of course I mean the power associated with the card, stop being a dolt

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:47 pm

actually let me do this

request replacement

I'm having surgery tomorrow and from what everyone has told me I will be in a world of pain for at least a week, I definitely won't be interested in playing mafia.

sorry everyone

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:48 pm

mod, if allowed I would still like to spectate once I return.

Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

I agree with Jake that pseudo voting is ridiculous. As long as the other killer is anonymous, he has no reason to obey. The only way a second lynch thing would work would be if we knew who it was, otherwise we're politely yelling at the wall hoping it will listen. There's no accountability.

And this all assumes that we have a Vig and not a serial killer, which I honestly think could be a real possibility.

PEdit:
Aww... Bye, jake. :(
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1143, Jake from State Farm wrote:what are you referring to about your role PM that CD backed up, I don't recall seeing this, can you link me to what you are talking about.

I backed-up what the didn't go anywhere result was (didn't see anything)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

In post 1145, Jake from State Farm wrote:actually let me do this

request replacement

I'm having surgery tomorrow and from what everyone has told me I will be in a world of pain for at least a week, I definitely won't be interested in playing mafia.

sorry everyone

:(
Get better soon. And yes, you would be able to spectate. Just send me a PM when you get back

~Searching for a replacement for Jake From State Farm~

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”