MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:05 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Hi all, Monopoly is about my favorite board game, so I'm excited for this. I'll reread the thread and post some content soon.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:12 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 895, Mehdi2277 wrote:And that same scum miller got nominated for a scummy. Kind of means something and if you want an opinion of a non townie who read the game I commented and said sala played pretty great. Policy lynching millers is a bad idea if you don't care much about their play.

I'll check the cards I got later, but I've gotten 2 already (one was at night and the other I mentioned during the day before).

Where did gnr mention the kills like that in the OP?

I think this needs to be clarified. How'd you get a card at night? Lurker's two cards have been claimed.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:12 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Did a readthrough and my scumreads are at the end of the post.

Post #92 – Don’t like Robert’s stance on no lynching.
Post #138 – Good town post regarding Luker’s activity from Jal.
Post #148 – Baby Spice posts stats, but doesn’t want to back them up.
Post #157 – Good defence post from Lurker
Post #168 – Bad OMGUS vote from Lurker
Post #174 – Like Mehdi’s position on no-lynching.
Post #176 – Robert fence sitting on no lynching, this gets even worse.
Post #195 – Mog starts to go hard on Mehndi. Good scumhunting.
Post #210 – Mehdi is coming off as very defensive as Mog continues to attack.
Post #266 – Jake starts to attack StrangerCoug.
Post #273 – Disagree with mog on L-2 claims.
Post #286- Disagree with SC, Jones should be pretty town.
Post #325 – Discussion on hammering Lurker. Pretty sure I don’t like this wagon.
Post #342 – Liking Jal’s anti-Lurker wagon.
Post #374 – Lurker doesn’t seem scummy to me, SC continues lurker attack.
Post #385 – SC says Xis and Mhork are town, since SC is looking scummy, this does not make them look good.
Post #399 – Agree with jake that Baby Spice’s town list is bad. Esp Robert and SC.
Post #414 – BabySpice reveals she is an alt reluctant to give information on her other aliases.
Post #430 – Q defends SC…don’t think this is good. Votes Lurker, don’t think this is good either.
Post #462 – Jal defends Lurker
Post #501 – Defensive post from BabySpice
Post #508 – SC attacks and FOS’s Mehdi. Mehdi’s reaction seems more protown than SC’s attack.
Post #518 – Good baby spice vote by jal.
Post #526 – Finally SC does something townish and votes Baby.
Post #536 – Baby coming off as defensive again.
Post #552 – SC requests replacement when there’s a wagon on him. Scummy.
Post #578 - Even more defensiveness from babyspice, why not scumhunt?
Post #627 – Baby is obvscum. SC is obvscum.
Post #684 – Xis attacks babyspice. Good post
Post #695 – Lurker self votes. Pretty scummy. But I still think he’s probably desperate. town.
Post #705 – Good logic post from Jal
Post #709 – Brawl defends Lurker.
Post #726 – Jal Votes Lurker. Coming of as very wishy washy on him.
Post #737 – Liked Jake at the beginning, but his posts are becoming increasingly antagonistic towards townish people.
Post #749 – Jal unvotes, not liking the fencesitting, but still townish.
Post #769 – Good meta research by Uber, usually townish behavior.
Post #829 – Uber votes Jal, don’t agree with him, but I like his scumhunting.
Post #840 – Good alignment post from Uber.
Post #845 – Don’t agree with jake’s response to Uber.
Post #865 – Lurker claims scum? Will have to reevaluate some of my reads.
Post #886 – End of day 1. Looking back this makes Jal and SC look more town.
Post #915 – Jal makes a good point on Jake. He did get scummier as the lurker wagon progressed.
Post #947 – Good lurker vote from Mehdi
Post #953 – Good meta research from Mehdi.
Post #967 – Jake votes safety. Definitely something to watch later on.
Post #971 – Good post from Jal on why Robert is town.
Post #879 – Safety gets a night action result on mehdi.
Post #984 – Mehdi wagon continues

Current reads
Town
Safety
Jal
CheeryDog
Mehdi2277

Nuetral
Xisqomelir

Scum
Brawl
Jake from State Farm
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:14 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote: Jake from State Farm
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:16 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Sorry Neutral on Lord Mhork.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Jal »

Who received a card in the morning? To make things clear, I started off yesterday with more than two cards, not one.

By the sounds of it, SafetyDance is probably not scum and wasn't blocked. The only thing we should be arguing is whether Medhi was blocked - but I assume by the way Medhi is arguing that perhaps he wasn't. I don't know what to think about this as being anything else except if there is scum with a redirector card.

This is what I find strange: StrangeCougar's reaction to Lurker. Lurker claimed what his cards were and one was similar to the one Cheery is claiming now. Why would StrangeCougar find Lurker's claim strange when he had a similar card indicating that yes, those deeds have power? It's not like Lurker claimed TRACKER which is what Cheery says he has, so it wasn't a CC type of vote - so I'm having trouble finding the town motivation in finding Lurker's claim "off."

I actually would like it if the vig would claim. We apparently have a pair of trackers on the loose and we had people claim other assorted powers. A vig, in many games, is a negative utility role. I don't see the big huff de duff with claiming vig, especially if it comes from someone who has already claimed something.

Also, I really hate the type of posts Monkey wrote above, and *some* of it seems preread, as in, he had an opinion on some of the people and events beforehand. And I don't see how when reading through Monkey has to reevaluate his reads after the bold scum claim - there was the whole scum confession, scum slip, self vote, multiple claims to contend with. Seriously.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 am

Post by Jal »

In post 1080, Lord Mhork wrote:I'd say it's not 'scummy fucking shit.' Often there's no point in trying to figure out what kills mean 'cause it's a mess of WIFOM. Also I wasn't even putting suspicion on you. It was a legitimate question. Your paranoid defense against it is noted, though.

I'm just going to copy and paste what I said in another thread about "notes:"

"By the way, I don't think anyone gives a crap about what you "note." That goes for anyone who makes "notes." I don't get it. Is is supposed to be a threat? It's always used by people being ran up and are too butt hurt when they're wrong. Am I supposed to be afraid of some person being ran up as scum noting something I did? Uh, okay, let me just vote you and.. whoops, you got lynched! 'Whew, CLOSE ONE THERE."

Revise that to be, "anyone putting suspicion onto another" instead of being ran-up. And you know, the only time I ever claimed WIFOM on looking at night kills? Scum.

Point being, we just came from a game which was a great example of how evaluating the night kill and looking at you to lynch was the right choice by deducing that scum killed x and a vig/sk killed a scummy town, so I am not seeing the immediate town thinking on your end, champ.

So how about you contribute more and prove me wrong?
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Current Vote Count 2.02

Mehdi2277 - 3 (SafetyDance, Xisiqomelir, Cheery Dog) (L-3)

MonkeyMan576 - 2 (TehBrawlGuy, Mehdi2277) (L-4)
SafetyDance - 1 (Jake From State Farm) (L-5)
Jake From State Farm - 1 (MonkeyMan576) (L-5)

Not Voting: Jal, Lord Mhork, giulle2015

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-01-29 14:35:00)
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:41 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 1105, Jal wrote:Who received a card in the morning? To make things clear, I started off yesterday with more than two cards, not one.

By the sounds of it, SafetyDance is probably not scum and wasn't blocked. The only thing we should be arguing is whether Medhi was blocked - but I assume by the way Medhi is arguing that perhaps he wasn't. I don't know what to think about this as being anything else except if there is scum with a redirector card.

This is what I find strange: StrangeCougar's reaction to Lurker. Lurker claimed what his cards were and one was similar to the one Cheery is claiming now. Why would StrangeCougar find Lurker's claim strange when he had a similar card indicating that yes, those deeds have power? It's not like Lurker claimed TRACKER which is what Cheery says he has, so it wasn't a CC type of vote - so I'm having trouble finding the town motivation in finding Lurker's claim "off."

I actually would like it if the vig would claim. We apparently have a pair of trackers on the loose and we had people claim other assorted powers. A vig, in many games, is a negative utility role. I don't see the big huff de duff with claiming vig, especially if it comes from someone who has already claimed something.

Also, I really hate the type of posts Monkey wrote above, and *some* of it seems preread, as in, he had an opinion on some of the people and events beforehand. And I don't see how when reading through Monkey has to reevaluate his reads after the bold scum claim - there was the whole scum confession, scum slip, self vote, multiple claims to contend with. Seriously.

I didn't preread the thread, I can assure you. I reevaluated my reads because I didn't see Lurker as scummy until he selfvoted.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

And I don't see the town thinking in looking for who killed whom! It's just a nasty mess of a headache and detracts from the issues at hand. And noted was a polite way for me too A) commit this to memory, and B) possibly trigger a response from you.

I don't like monkey's catch up post thing. It looks too much like he had to throw together a bunch of reads and find some support. First off, he gives reads on the person he's replacing. Dunno why he does that, especially since he points out a scummy post. Granted it's only one post, but I still don't understand why.

The rationale for the reads is also kinda sketch. First off, none of the generic platitudes that are 'good post,' 'bad vote,' 'obvscum,' etc. are explained in any real detail. Why is 157 a good defense post? What does the defensive 501 mean about Baby Spice? What the hell is a logic post and how is Jal's 705 a good example of it? These claims need to be backed up by reasoning.

Finally I do not like the random snippets thrown in that seem unrelated. Why do we care in 148 Baby posted stats? We saw her do it, what's the point in reminding us. Like a bunch of the rest of his IIoA, it's just there doing nothing, like a way to look townie without taking too hard a stance on anything.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: MonkeyMan

You wanna try that again, pal?

PEdit:
Oh really, pal? Is that why you just said that you thought his self vote was desperate town? Please clarify.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:57 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I didn't give reads on Agent_Ireland, which is who I am replacing. Might want to double check your info before you vote someone.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Jal »

Monkey, question - do you think this is a role madness game like Medhi does?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Jal »

I find it odd that Uber visited no one.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:02 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Shit. I'm sorry. I got mixed up. I retract my issue of reads on numberQ. The rest stand though.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:03 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 1111, Jal wrote:Monkey, question - do you think this is a role madness game like Medhi does?

It's highly possible, given the flavor and size of the game.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:19 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Phone post
I dont see where you think im not taking stances. if anything i am taking multiple stances. The reread wad a skimthrough not a detailed analysis of every post. id be happy to provide clarifications on any questions.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Jal »

Monkey, we're trying to figure out where Baby and Uber's cards went - if the cards of the dead even do get reshuffled. There should be at least 4 cards out and I think we're missing a claim or two. Do you know if you got a card in the morning or at night?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:32 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

as per #505 I have two property cards. I also have a worthless community chest card I got last night.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:48 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I just got a pm from the mod saying I got a third card during the night he forgot about.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:52 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

checking in from my phone, 1 quick question and I will post more later.

monkey, your top 2 scum reads are people you barely mentioned in your huge WOC (wall of crap) why is that? If they are your 2 top scum reads I'd suspect you would mention them the most.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 1119, Jake from State Farm wrote:checking in from my phone, 1 quick question and I will post more later.

monkey, your top 2 scum reads are people you barely mentioned in your huge WOC (wall of crap) why is that? If they are your 2 top scum reads I'd suspect you would mention them the most.

I read it as I saw it. I wasn't prejudging who I thought was scummy. I had people that were looking scummy day 1, but once lurker flipped scum, my reads changed. This isn't the first time I've said this and it should be an obvious conclusion.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:06 am

But usually you should summarize why you reached your conclusions for your scum reads. From what I can tell you think brawl is scum for defending lurker and I'm scum for being antagonistic to mehndi (who wasn't and isn't obv town)

Also if defending lurker is so bad, shouldn't mehndi be top of your list since he defended lurker a ton?

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 am

And lol at thinking being antagonistic is scummy anyway. If you think that maybe you should stick to checkers

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:10 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

It's not the antagonistic part that is so scummy. It's that you played completely different in the first half of the day and the second half of the day. Mehndi provided a lot more analysis and content than you did, and you also attacked SC, who ended up being right about Lurker. So I look at multiple things when making my reads.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:26 am

Post by Jal »

Monkey, what is your definition of role madness?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”