Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 570, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 564, Baby Spice wrote:
Scum medhi means conf town Jal, since no scum would stir up an argument like that involving a buddy.

I find these kinds of statements are incredibly dangerous. (and made often by Scum, to boot)

Medhi keeps pinging me as Scum, but something in my gut says he's not, so null/leaning Scum.

But let me make this perfectly clear.

Not only does Medhi's piss poor attempt to stir up trouble mark Medhi as scum, it makes SC look bad as the wagon on him is the only reason I can think of for Medhi bringing this stuff up now, it also confirms Jal as town. Note: I asked Medhi several times "Why now?" and he never said. Kept answering a "why" question, not the "why now". Diverting Jal from SC to me is the only reason that comes to mind. The SC wagon was gathering strength.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

You not liking the answer =/= it not being the answer. I already answered it. I noticed it then wanted to ask to help explain part of the fos reasoning more before continuing with pushing you. It being a "poor attempt" is a nice way to make me want to attack you more.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 626, Mehdi2277 wrote:You not liking the answer =/= it not being the answer. I already answered it. I noticed it then wanted to ask to help explain part of the fos reasoning more before continuing with pushing you. It being a "poor attempt" is a nice way to make me want to attack you more.

No, you have never answered the question: "Why now?"
I've asked four times now.

Btw, since you like the term.

Vote =/= FOS. Never has, never will.

So your answer to "why", the question I didn't ask, is also completely misleading.

FOS Medhi
Finger of suspicion. I think you are scummy but am not ready to vote you yet.

Vote Medhi
I think you are scummy and am placing a vote on you. (For those not following I am already voting Medhi and am doing it now for illustrative purposes)

FOSing seems to have gone out of fashion.

You're actions, and timing, means that SC must be scum too. Otherwise there is no reason for you to try and divert Jal, who is the biggest pusher on SC, onto myself at a time when the SC wagon is gaining momentum.
FOS SC
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I answered it again just then. That is the reason. It isn't some other complex reason you seem to desire, but that is it.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

No you didn't. Please bold the answer as to why now.

Nice big letters too.

Then for giggles, how anout you explain why doing so now is not an attempt to divert Jal onto myself as opposed to the normal town actions of trying to show why I am scummy. (I'm not of course, but that is what you should be doing). Evidence and quotes and actual logic and reasoning would be good.

I can, and will if needed, show clearly and concisely that diverting Jal is what you were trying to do.

Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 579, Mehdi2277 wrote:Now since it's part of why you're being fosed, I noticed it was never asked, and the question was loaded since I can't see a good answer.

And diverting and showing scummy are pretty much the same thing just worded differently with different connotations. Even if they were separate the motive is the same. I want you lynched.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 630, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 579, Mehdi2277 wrote:Now since it's part of why you're being fosed, I noticed it was never asked, and the question was loaded since I can't see a good answer.

And
diverting and showing scummy are pretty much the same thing
just worded differently with different connotations. Even if they were separate the motive is the same. I want you lynched.

Just wanted to make sure no one missed that.

Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Yes I believe that. Your point?
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:45 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 625, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 570, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 564, Baby Spice wrote:
Scum medhi means conf town Jal, since no scum would stir up an argument like that involving a buddy.

I find these kinds of statements are incredibly dangerous. (and made often by Scum, to boot)

...it also confirms Jal as town. .

Really?

In post 627, Baby Spice wrote:
Your [Medhi's] actions, and timing, means that SC must be scum too.

I'll tell you why any statement like these is bad:

1) It's arrogant as all hell. You, right now, are cocksure you've gotten 2/3 Scum (and an innocent!) pegged on D1, while the entire rest of the game isn't even sure about one. Do you truly think you are
that
much better at this game than all of us? The reason none of us are that sure is because...

2) ...the game is just not that simple. Even if Medhi IS Scum and doing exactly what you say he is, which is a stretch in the first place, he could have many other reasons to do it besides saving ScumSC. He could be simply trying to take an easy lynch on you today, thinking an SC lynch wouldn't be hard to pull off tomorrow, he could be buddying TownSC, he could be framing TownSC so that when he dies he implicates SC, etc.

3) There are no such things as absolutes. Short of mod confirmations, un-CCed/dead Seers in Open games, and other such things, you can never be absolutely sure. Jal definitely could be Medhi's scumbuddy. (although I doubt it) I've seen and done crazy busses, the reason they work is because people say "Oh, that's impossible. X must be Town.", while I laugh my ass off in wolfchat.

4) Planning lynches past today does nothing but help Scum. Again, assume absolute best case scenario; Medhi's scum, you convince everyone, and we lynch him. The scum gets not only all of the Night phase, but also all of today (
do Scum have daytalk?
) to prepare for tomorrow. If SC's actually Scum, they know without a doubt you're going to go for him hard, and right out of the gate. If he's Town, they know they can sit back and lol while you attempt to lynch a townie.

In post 631, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 630, Mehdi2277 wrote:

And
diverting and showing scummy are pretty much the same thing
just worded differently with different connotations. Even if they were separate the motive is the same. I want you lynched.

Just wanted to make sure no one missed that.

He's right, though. :shifty: They're the exact same thing with different intent. Show me where the intent is to get votes off SC.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:49 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Oops, missed a quote.

In post 629, Baby Spice wrote:

I can, and will if needed, show clearly and concisely that diverting Jal is what you were trying to do.

Then why haven't you? What you
can do
doesn't help anyone, what you're
doing
does. Don't sit on your hands.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I'm actually not against chaining lynches as long as the idea is based on one scum flip being true (if you're going to say if he flips town the other will flip scum that's just an easy way to get two mislynches, but if requires a scum flip either you're bussing or know it won't work so it's not as scummy). Anyways another problem with it is why vote me when SC is easier to lynch if she truly believes that.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 635, Mehdi2277 wrote:I'm actually not against chaining lynches as long as the idea is based on one scum flip being true (if you're going to say if he flips town the other will flip scum that's just an easy way to get two mislynches, but if requires a scum flip either you're bussing or know it won't work so it's not as scummy). Anyways another problem with it is why vote me when SC is easier to lynch if she truly believes that.

It's not that thinking "If X is scum lynch Y." is bad, it's that posting it to the thread for everyone to see is. Scum can use that information the second you post it, but Town can't use it until the next phase. Mind-to-Mouth (Mind-to-Fingers?) filters should be in place for townies too.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:29 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

i.e.
D1: "We should lynch Medhi, and then SC if he flips Scum!" = bad

D1: "We should lynch Medhi."
*dies, flips Scum*
D2: "Since Mehdi was Scum, we should lynch SC." = not bad
Agent_Ireland
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:18 am

Post by Agent_Ireland »

In post 635, Mehdi2277 wrote:I'm actually not against chaining lynches as long as the idea is based on one scum flip being true (if you're going to say if he flips town the other will flip scum that's just an easy way to get two mislynches, but if requires a scum flip either you're bussing or know it won't work so it's not as scummy). Anyways another problem with it is why vote me when SC is easier to lynch if she truly believes that.

UNVOTE:

Mehdi gets called on trying to shift the SC wagon to baby.
Mehdi now trying to keep the wagon on SC and off of himself.

It looks like Mehdi flipped what he was trying to do right after he got called on it.

VOTE: Mehdi
NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z!
"I'm gonna be king of the pirates!" - Naruto Uzumaki (Bleach)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:47 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

why can't we just keep the wagon on SC? there is nothing wrong with the SC wagon. I don't oppose a mehdi lynch either cause something about his posts rub me the wrong way, but my gut says SC is scum and my gut is usually right
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

See y'all next year!
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:22 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 639, Jake from State Farm wrote:why can't we just keep the wagon on SC? there is nothing wrong with the SC wagon. I don't oppose a mehdi lynch either cause something about his posts rub me the wrong way, but my gut says SC is scum and my gut is usually right

Can someone restate the case for me? I never really 'got' it.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 am

Post by Lurker »

Ok, I'm back.

To answer TehBrawlGuy's question in post #570, Question #3 from the top,

From the 2 options, I would have to say that this part is the answer

"or do you have more of a problem with saying "X feels Town to me" unprompted?"
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:50 am

Idk if I made a case on SC, but I pointed out things that made me suspicious of him. Hence why it's gut.

Him replacing out is null so it doesn't change it at all
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:52 am

Brawl, didn't you say you have been reading? You didn't look into reasons why people were voting for people? Seems you would do that IMO.
Show
Things I've learned.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:09 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 638, Agent_Ireland wrote:

UNVOTE:

Mehdi gets called on trying to shift the SC wagon to baby.
Mehdi now trying to keep the wagon on SC and off of himself.

It looks like Mehdi flipped what he was trying to do right after he got called on it.

VOTE: Mehdi

I think you need to read and think a bit more. No where in that post am I trying to change my vote to SC. I'm saying if baby thinks SC must be scum why not vote him when he's had more people suspect him. If me and him are both scum then it'd make sense to vote the person with more suspicion to help.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:10 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

And anyways the SC case is essentially lack of thought and being opportunistic with votes.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Jal »

Brawl is just being a jack ass. He knows the case.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 am

In post 646, Mehdi2277 wrote:And anyways the SC case is essentially lack of thought and being opportunistic with votes.

Lynch all jackasses IMO ;)
Show
Things I've learned.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 am

Post by Jal »

Baby, maybe I missed it somewhere, but if you think SC is scummy, why not vote SC?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”