Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 291, Agent_Ireland wrote:ok, I'm caught up, but there is a lot that has happened, so I'm not going to post a bunch of responses that happened on things from 5 pages ago. Any questions, feel free to ask me.

As for my vote on Lurker, I'm going to keep it here for now.

Does anyone object to asking what this electric company card does? Claiming VT doesn't save you from a lynch, but saying you have a power can save you, this could just be a bluff.

I believe he said it made him a 1-shot watcher, right?

In post 308, Mehdi2277 wrote:He's not dying since now he can guarantee one person's live to the next day (if that person dies he'll have a guilty to claim). Preferably who scum would want dead most, but the action is definitely being directed.

What do you mean here?

In post 363, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 289, Xisiqomelir wrote:@Baby Spice:

In post 101, Baby Spice wrote: wrote:Firstly, 72% of the first wagon to get to four votes in a game has scum on it. (Using the vote count posts to determine when that four votes occurred)

Is this meant to be a serious statistic? If yes (which can be inferred from #148), is it based only on minis, or is your sample size very large?

Yes. Yes only mini's. They are standard enough here that this sort of crude analysis will work, and the sample size was way to small to be statistically significant (been too long for me to remember how to work out how many samples would be needed but suspect it would be in the hundreds.) But the overall trend was holding very well.
(If you're interested in a 3/10 game which is kind of standard for mini's, any random group of four players has about a 71% chance of containing at least one scum. That's why I trust my little four wagon stat despite the small sample size)

The real use will come later hopefully.

I tend to find that people who use statistics in mafia games are 79% more like to be full of bullshit. Mafia is not an exact science, and use of statistics and percentages are just ways for opportunistic scum to play off mislynches.

In post 385, StrangerCoug wrote:Xisiqomelir and Lord Mhork are both town reads with the latter being a good deal more solid.

Why am I getting more solid? I haven't actually done anything so far except get on the lurker wagon.

Also can someone explain to me why a Vanilla claim about having one property before a subsequent 'oh yeah I also have another card and it gives me a one shot watcher' is worth a mass unvote? I think I missed some memo here.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Since it sounds similar to the role pm I got and would just recommend you look at yours and compare it to how he claimed.

And I mean his power can be required to target one person by having a town consensus saying he needs to target player x and then that player won't die unless scum want to sacrifice one of their own.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 400, Lord Mhork wrote:Why am I getting more solid? I haven't actually done anything so far except get on the lurker wagon.

You're the bigger standout to me when it comes to scumhunting, though Xisiqomelir has done little to harm his position.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 401, Mehdi2277 wrote:And I mean his power can be required to target one person by having a town consensus saying he needs to target player x and then that player won't die unless scum want to sacrifice one of their own.

Did you really just type this? :facepalm:
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 401, Mehdi2277 wrote:Since it sounds similar to the role pm I got and would just recommend you look at yours and compare it to how he claimed.

And I mean his power can be required to target one person by having a town consensus saying he needs to target player x and then that player won't die unless scum want to sacrifice one of their own.

Well it might just be me, but I usually read my
entire
PM before I even post in the thread...

Also, that's a ridiculous idea. Woohoo. We get to argue over who's the towniest player, lurker gets shot, then the following night the obvious guy who we agree will never get lynched gets shot. We do the hard work of the mafia trying the make the NK decision for them. And that's just assuming that lurker is town. Remember this?

In post 1488, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:
NOW IN SIGN-UPS IN A MINI-THEME THREAD NEAR YOU!!!!!

Monopoly Mafia - Where the Power is in the Property

This is going to be a 13-player game, so grab a spot as soon as you can
All 28 deeds will be randomized amongst all the players (Yes, that does mean some will have more than others)
Alignment is determined before deed randomization
Deeds determine your role
Due to the nature of this game, this game can be very swingy and some elements may be considered bastard to some

I will accept up to 6 pre-in slots. 3 are currently filled.

PM me to join in the fun

I have the following pre-ins

1. Agent_Ireland
2. Mehdi2277
3. numberQ
4. Jal
5. Nobody Special
6. Xisiqomelir
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Prod received.

unvote

I have many pages to read; will (hopefully) post real stuff before bed tonight.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

@Mehdi2277, You vote gives me pause. As somebody I was considering very independent and scum hunting, you change your style to following, Why?
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

@Mod
: New VC please.

@StrangerCoug
:
In post 374, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 372, Xisiqomelir wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 8, Agent_Ireland wrote:VOTE: Lurker for lurking... wait

In post 66, Jal wrote:
@Lurker
In post 44, Lurker wrote:Ok... So there was a joke with my username...

Ok then. It look like we are still in RVS, So I'll leave my vote for now.

I'm glad you read four posts after your last one and decided you didn't need to play the game anymore.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Lurker

In post 119, Lord Mhork wrote:I like

VOTE: Lurker

for thinking that he could just drop his vote and not help move the game from RVS.

In post 68, Mogadishu Jones wrote:Holy crap somehow I missed posts 43-46.

I'm down for this
unvote: vote lurker

@lurker: regarding post #44, why did you feel the need to announce you weren't moving your vote?

In post 257, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 227, Lord Mhork wrote:Pal, did you even read my last post? I amended my reaction fishing statement after it was clear I had made a mistake.

UNVOTE: Lord Mhork

In post 227, Lord Mhork wrote:
In post 168, Lurker wrote:Ok, My first in a (hopefully) series of reads. First off I will read Lord Mhork.

His first vote, Post #119, He votes me for the same reason as Jal did, or as they call it, sheeping. He goes on to say that Jal is town.

One of these would be a bit of a slip, but permissible. Two however, seems like buddying.

In post 126 He says that Medhi was reaction fishing. He also said that early wagons were bad.

Medhi did indeed support reaction fishing as said in post #24. "It's the ideal time to reaction fish". However, she did not do so.

In post #130 he stills disagrees with the wagon point when It has been pointed out there is some sheeping on the wagon.

He also FOS's Robert, with no explanation other that "Get an avatar".

I have a scum read on this guy. I also think I may have convinced myself for pushing for his lynch.

Vote: Lord Mhork

First, why is sheeping bad? Why is it inherently scummy and voteworthy? What if I flat out admit that I liked the point Jal made so much that it seemed like the best vote?

Second, where did I say that early wagons were bad? Oh you must mean that
sarcastic
remark that I said was
sarcasm
and was obviously
sarcasm
because I was helping to build an early wagon.

Third, what are you even talking about with the sheep and me disagreeing with the wagon point? How do those two correlate in the slightest?

Fourth, you are an idiot. If you actually, you know, read my posts, it would miraculously become clear that the FoS was not due to the lack of avatar, but rather the reaction fishing! Egasp! Brilliant!

Fifth, your vote on me is bad and you should feel bad with your poorly done IIoA.

Sold.

L-1 VOTE: Lurker

One of these things is not like the others.

VOTE: StrangerCoug

This is flawed. I don't have to agree with everybody else on why Lurker is scummy; if I see something else instead, that's just as good.

But you said you were 'sold'. How is that not agreement?

In post 374, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 372, Xisiqomelir wrote:
@StrangerCoug
: What were you sold on in the quoted #227 by Mhork?

This:

In post 270, StrangerCoug wrote:I don't like Lurker's accusing Lord Mhork of voting Robert2424 for not having an avatar. First of all, that's not his vote reason. Second of all, voting someone for having no avatar is patently ridiculous. Lord Mhork had also already told me that the early wagon thing was sarcasm.

Does not answer my question about what it was in Mhork's #227 which sold you on voting Lurker. There is a connection to his points #4 and #2, but those are defences of himself, not part of a case he made to vote Lurker.

@Robert2424
:
You say you "became" a D1 DV. Did you land on the Community Chest between your #352 and #353?

@Baby Spice
:
In post 398, Baby Spice wrote:*****Really didn't like Xis' entrance or early votes. Easy target and bandwagoning. Add in way under posting.

I assume the bandwagonning vote is my Lurker vote. Who specifically is the "easy target" vote cited here? Is it Mhork or StrangerCoug? Why was he easy?

@Various
:
In post 387, numberQ wrote:I have one question: Why did Lurker's claim make so many people back off? So, what, he says he's a watcher and suddenly you believe him? What about his post-claim actions changed your mind?

In post 400, Lord Mhork wrote:Also can someone explain to me why a Vanilla claim about having one property before a subsequent 'oh yeah I also have another card and it gives me a one shot watcher' is worth a mass unvote? I think I missed some memo here.

Unless a player is egregiously scummy, I prefer not to lynch a PR claim D1.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:21 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 407, Xisiqomelir wrote:But you said you were 'sold'. How is that not agreement?

Of the four people besides Lord Mhork to post cases that were quoted in your post, Agent_Ireland's vote is clearly random while the other three discuss post #44. Lord Mhork's post discusses Lurker's later actions, and your "odd one out" suggests that going with him was a bad thing. Is something wrong with Mhork's post?

In post 407, Xisiqomelir wrote:This:

In post 270, StrangerCoug wrote:I don't like Lurker's accusing Lord Mhork of voting Robert2424 for not having an avatar. First of all, that's not his vote reason. Second of all, voting someone for having no avatar is patently ridiculous. Lord Mhork had also already told me that the early wagon thing was sarcasm.

Does not answer my question about what it was in Mhork's #227 which sold you on voting Lurker. There is a connection to his points #4 and #2, but those are defences of himself, not part of a case he made to vote Lurker.

I saw his post as a counterattack demonstrating that Lurker's vote was weak, especially #4 since he insults Lurker in the first sentence.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 am

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 407, Xisiqomelir wrote:I assume the bandwagonning vote is my Lurker vote. Who specifically is the "easy target" vote cited here? Is it Mhork or StrangerCoug? Why was he easy?

Didn't I already say earlier that Lord Mhork would be one of those easy targets?

Switching over to questioning SC is making yourself, and Jake, look better in my eyes.

Mhork is one of those that always seems a little scummy right from the get go.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:08 am

Post by Robert2424 »

@Xis. That is what it said in the PM i got. Idk how it works.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:19 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 406, Robert2424 wrote:@Mehdi2277, You vote gives me pause. As somebody I was considering very independent and scum hunting, you change your style to following, Why?

Since at the moment I'm voted half of the wagon on lurker and not really found the 3 I voted to react badly. If I swapped back it'd be Xis, but I'd rather vote someone else on the wagon and Mog + Jal I think are town. So I'm willing to follow reasoning I like.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 am

Post by Lurker »

I'll be looking over the StrangerCoug issue now.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

I don't like the way he back claimed watched after claiming VT. And I don't understand why electric company would give him watcher powers anyway. His claim looks fishy.

Also, have we played together before, Baby Spice? Your defenses of me are really, really weird.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

I've played under a couple of names here, and yes Mhork, it under one of those.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

@ Mhork. I don't find it scummy. I think your reaching a bit.
Agent_Ireland
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:48 am

Post by Agent_Ireland »

Been busy the past few days. I'll catch up after work.
NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z!
"I'm gonna be king of the pirates!" - Naruto Uzumaki (Bleach)
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:01 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Current Vote Count 1.07

StrangerCoug - 4 (Jake From State Farm, Jal, Xisiqomelir, Mehdi2277) (L-3)

Jal - 3 (Baby Spice, Robert24, Robert24) (L-4)
Lurker - 2 (Lord Mhork, StrangerCoug) (L-5)
numberQ - 1 (Mehdi2277) (L-6)
Lord Mhrok - 1 (Lurker) (L-6)

Not Voting: Agent_Ireland, Mogadishu Jones, Robert2424, numberQ, Nobody Special

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-01-05 14:10:00)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:21 am

@ baby - why is stranger cough your only genuine town read? Why would mentioning receiving a community chest card a towntell?

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:41 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Baby Spice, are you Shadoweh? I miss her...

Robert, does watcher even definitely mean town? Isn't scum watcher possible?
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Mogadishu Jones
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Mogadishu Jones »

Need to reread and catch up, but i dont think ill vote strangercoug
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 am

why not?

Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:13 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 419, Lord Mhork wrote:Baby Spice, are you Shadoweh? I miss her...

Quoted from "http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Watcher"

"Mafia Watchers have been known to exist and have much less stigma attached to them. They can be used to find protective roles (by targetting likely Doctor targets), or to give foreknowledge of possible investigations (by watching a Mafia partner). In a setup with multiple killers, a Mafia Watcher may be able to identify opposing killers. They are fairly solid power roles in scum hands."
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 am

Post by Jal »

I'll get to this later tonight. Sorry guys, been a bit busy.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 422, Lurker wrote:
In post 419, Lord Mhork wrote:Baby Spice, are you Shadoweh? I miss her...

Quoted from "http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Watcher"

"Mafia Watchers have been known to exist and have much less stigma attached to them. They can be used to find protective roles (by targetting likely Doctor targets), or to give foreknowledge of possible investigations (by watching a Mafia partner). In a setup with multiple killers, a Mafia Watcher may be able to identify opposing killers. They are fairly solid power roles in scum hands."

So then why are people so certain that lurker isn't scum?
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”