Open 465 - Wot's... Uh the Deal? (Game Over! Town Win!)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1097, Adam-12 wrote:Well we agree on Mantis being town but she wasn't disagreeing with me about not giving you time to talk.

Ah, right, it was ProHawk who wanted me hammered before I could talk.
My bad, he's so pro-town in how he's handled reacting to me I was shocked to think of that as him.

Vote Count
Thor665 (L-2): Shrimp85, Adam-12, ProHawk
Mantisdreamz (L-4): borkjerfkin
Leviathan (L-4): Malakittens
ProHawk (L-4): Thor665
Malakittens (L-4): Mantisdreamz

Not Voting: leviathan93, Guile

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is Monday, December 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM EST
Last edited by Majiffy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1099, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 1095, borkjerfkin wrote:
Adam wrote: As it is, he just expects us to trust him but he hasn't done anything to earn that trust.

this is a towntell if anything.

LOL. You and Thor are one of a kind.

Players who have valid calls on tells dismissed because someone disagrees with them and then having it suggested that their opinions are the weaker ones...'because'?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 am

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 942, Thor665 wrote:
In post 935, Adam-12 wrote:I think his points were valid

Though, actually, this is kinda derp.
They didn't exist, thus were not valid.

This is spin. You are completely dismissing the reasoning behind why her replace out is clearly seen as scummy. Look, I can understand you simply pointing out that she could of done it with a town perspective but instead you go over the top and say his points are INVALID. That is ott spin.

But wait, there is much more ThorSpin left to come and hopefully I can just get it all in a wall post.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

I provided specific examples to show that scum don't repalce out that way and town do replace out that way.

So, yeah, other than pointing out how hi spush was scummy, how he didn't have evidence to support his push, and providing evidence to support my position on how I read the replace out - you're right, I just dismissed that point.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

And dear lord, if I'd said 'your points are valid yet wrong' I would have been town?

Hint: his points *were* invalid, and I showed that to be the case, so...
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:24 am

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 946, Adam-12 wrote:This was no contradiction, I never read it as such either. This was Mollie
manufacturing
a contradiction and trying to make it fly. Hawk even explained it but it was blatantly obvious regardless.

It's not a contradiction, but it is a question about his scumhunting beliefs and a valid question to ask.

A question?? You clearly have not read the thread! This wasn't a question, this was a repeated ACCUSATION that she made to try and float a case on crappy logic that was clearly not true. Mantis noticed it too and called her out on it even. Why do you call it simply a "question"??

1) Overeager to dismiss all accusations against your slot
2) Too arrogant and/or lazy to even read the thread

In post 948, Adam-12 wrote:I don't see what is wrong with saying this lands on more likely scum than town since she was saying practically all game (no lie) that she should be lynched for her team and her post here is clearly cog-dis.

So Thor is clearly spinning this or at least not taking the time to understand the reality of her behavior; what a surprise since he refuses to read the thread... :roll:

I don't see what is right with saying that either. Please list for me all the roles (besides Jester) that will help their team by being lynched?
I can think of one, and it is a town role. If I squint I can manage two, and both are town roles.
In a general theoretical, no team, mafia or town, really benefits their side by being lynched.
That makes Mollie derp for saying this - she could be derp town or derp scum in normal ratios.

Here you misrepresent the point again. Its not about her being scum because she kept saying she wanted to be lynched for her team its that she totally repudiated it by replacing out with a statement that contradicted what she had been saying all game long.

In post 949, Adam-12 wrote:
because it's obvious she
did
care about getting lynched or she wouldn't have replaced out.

His quotes do not show that she cared about being lynched.

Again ott dismissal. Everyone can see how saying: "My game is smurfed" and replacing out while at L-1 DOES show concern for being lynched. What she replaced out because she had to go get her hair done? Furthermore, it once again, contradicts everything she had been saying all game long, again indicating a scummy replace.

In post 952, Adam-12 wrote:I can only +1 this post and all the logic within it was solidly established before Thor even got here. I don't accept his refusal to read the thread as an excuse for spinning this logic as derp.

Oh, you're saying scum request replacement more than town?
I'd actually be happy to put money on a bet saying you're wrong.
I'll actually even try to find the numbers and do the research if we put enough money on it.
Interested?
Maybe just even explain where you got your info that scum replace out more than town?

Again spinning. It has NOTHING to do with replacing alone as you portray here. It has everything to do with her behavior and statements all game long and how she fully contradicted that in the way she replaced. You see, you weren't in this thread for 40 long pages of hearing her spew this crap and so you literally have no idea because you refuse to read the thread.

In post 957, Adam-12 wrote:Her votes HAVE been very weak. Show me where they have been strong because I don't think anyone in this thread can, even though they have read the whole thing and most certainly you cannot.

Explain to me why being unsure of a vote makes her more likely to be scum.
Honestly it seems like a town trait.
I've played one other game with her, she was scum, she was quite certain of her opinions.

Ok, your meta argument is noted and is valid. When I say weak however, I mean crappy and opportunistic cases. Two of them pop to mind: 1) Voting Hawk because he was pushing Guille for info, 2) Voting Levi because he said "those of us that are scum". These are scummy votes and that's what I mean when I say weak.

In post 957, Adam-12 wrote: In this particular case I was referring to Guille's vote where he merely said he had a vague scum gut read and she started criticizing it before he even brought a case; he left the thread and said he would be back tomorrow. Does that sound townie to you? It shouldn't.

1. Asking for clarification of an unexplained scum read strikes me as VERY normal.
2. Guile hiding from the thread is not Mollie's fault, and frankly makes him look more scummy than Mollie in my opinion.
What am I missing?

My GOSH! Do you ever stop spinning!? She didn't ask for clarification and Guille didn't hide from the thread. What are you missing?? Try 40 pages of content you refuse to read.

In post 957, Adam-12 wrote:Yes. Mantis has yet to weigh in on it but she spun Mantis pretty hard over her query into easy lynches. It was a simple yes or no question and she flipped it all around into a defensive post about how she had recently called Guille town. Doesn't sound townie to me at all.

Being accused of hunting easy lynches (Guile and Leviathan) and responding by pointing out that she'd just called Guile town actually seems like a very good response to me.
If she was hunting their easy lynches, why call one of them town? :shrug:

TOTAL SPIN. She left out Levi! Levi is an easy lynch and Mantis' question was point blank: "Do you agree with me on this? (Levi & Guille are easy lynches)" and she spun it into a defensive buddy post about Guille and didn't even mention Levi -- clearly scummy deflection and misdirection. Its a scummy way to answer a point-blank question.

In post 957, Adam-12 wrote:So far you have been mailing-in your replace. If you don't improve, I don't think it will be possible that you will live.

Maybe everyone else should improve? I've actually been doing quite well. The problem is not many of you seem to understand what scum and town tells are and are reacting in odd ways to the info you have.

I have the info but it is you that is acting odd. But then you don't even read the thread so why should I expect quality from you?

You still haven't addressed my point on ProHawk in a functional way - considering your case on Mollie you should be hyper excited by my case on ProHawk - as it's even better.

Your case on Hawk was a nice probe but its obvious now that it is just opportunistic. He clearly explained his motivations and I agree with them. Your accusations that Mollie's replace lacked any scummy elements & your terrible VCA push on him stink.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 1103, Thor665 wrote:I provided specific examples to show that scum don't repalce out that way and town do replace out that way.

So, yeah, other than pointing out how hi spush was scummy, how he didn't have evidence to support his push, and providing evidence to support my position on how I read the replace out - you're right, I just dismissed that point.

Dewd, you used it as a reason to push a case on him and went ott on how there is no way it could be true. That is scummy case pushing.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:37 am

Post by Malakittens »

Okay yeah.

It looks like a Levi lynch won't happen. I'm moving my vote.

vote: ProHawk

Adam, I think you are so wrong. Stop for a moment and rethink why Mollie would replace out.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1105, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 946, Adam-12 wrote:This was no contradiction, I never read it as such either. This was Mollie
manufacturing
a contradiction and trying to make it fly. Hawk even explained it but it was blatantly obvious regardless.

It's not a contradiction, but it is a question about his scumhunting beliefs and a valid question to ask.

A question?? You clearly have not read the thread! This wasn't a question, this was a repeated ACCUSATION that she made to try and float a case on crappy logic that was clearly not true. Mantis noticed it too and called her out on it even. Why do you call it simply a "question"??

1) Overeager to dismiss all accusations against your slot
2) Too arrogant and/or lazy to even read the thread

You are too arrogant or lazy to go read my games and note that not reading the thread isn't a scumtell for me...but...

As to the question; making an accusation of someone and demanding a reply...is a question.
I know that Mollie thought it was a contradiction and admitted as much, I disagree with her, but I don't understand how that makes her scum or me scum for not thinking it's a scumtell.
It is valid though to have someone say 'Scum will do 'A' and Mollie is scum' and then to reply with 'Mollie is not doing 'A' how do you justify this?'

In post 1105, Adam-12 wrote:Here you misrepresent the point again. Its not about her being scum because she kept saying she wanted to be lynched for her team its that she totally repudiated it by replacing out with a statement that contradicted what she had been saying all game long.

She never said she wanted to be lynched - she said she was okay with being lynched.
You are then saying she replaced out for fear of being lynched - but there's no evidence to support that.
There is evidence to support that she replaced out because she thought town would benefit from not having her in the player slot though.

In post 1105, Adam-12 wrote:Again ott dismissal. Everyone can see how saying: "My game is smurfed" and replacing out while at L-1 DOES show concern for being lynched. What she replaced out because she had to go get her hair done? Furthermore, it once again, contradicts everything she had been saying all game long, again indicating a scummy replace.

Again, no actual contradiction here except contradiction based on what you think her logic was.
Even if we presume she's a player who HATES being lynched and will replace out immediately and go cry in a corner (information you should know is false because Mantis, who is aware of Mollie's meta, has specifically said this isn't true...but let's ignore that) so even if we think that...she still could be town or scum, and just fleeing the lynch.
:shrug:

In post 1105, Adam-12 wrote:Again spinning. It has NOTHING to do with replacing alone as you portray here. It has everything to do with her behavior and statements all game long and how she fully contradicted that in the way she replaced. You see, you weren't in this thread for 40 long pages of hearing her spew this crap and so you literally have no idea because you refuse to read the thread.

And, yet, I'm still responding to the point - with 40 pages all you have is this one point and are repeating it saying 'it *really* matters'.
Except it doesn't. You're ignoring Mantis saying that Mollie would (and has) replaced out as town and also that she would replace out as pressured town to try to help town.
At that point alone your entire issue here crumbles.
Add in that you're making assumptions about why she replaced out that have no backup and it becomes even weaker.

In post 1105, Adam-12 wrote:When I say weak however, I mean crappy and opportunistic cases. Two of them pop to mind: 1) Voting Hawk because he was pushing Guille for info, 2) Voting Levi because he said "those of us that are scum". These are scummy votes and that's what I mean when I say weak.

Pirate Mollie got on ProHawk at a time when Guille was a leading wagon and was being pushed hard. The only way that is scummy is if you think either Guille was her scumbuddy she was desperate to protect, or...I dunno, Guille was town and the other scum was voting Guille and she was scared to vote as well. Which of those are you going with?

The Leviathan vote actually looks unscummy to me - with herself as the big wagon she would not back any other player's push, but would instead chase a different and new wagon. Meh.

At the core, this "tell" is saying you disagree with the way Mollie got scumreads. Nothing more, nothing less. You actually aren't saying why it was logical for her as scum to make those sudden pushes on weak logic. You're just saying 'weak logic' and leaving it at that. Here's a wild thought: Town helps lynch town players all the time - clearly their logic was bad on those votes, yet that doesn't make them scum. Mollie needs a scum advantage for those votes to be scummy - one has provably none, and the other has none I can see unless you have strong opinions on Guille's alignment as well.

In post 1105, Adam-12 wrote:My GOSH! Do you ever stop spinning!? She didn't ask for clarification and Guille didn't hide from the thread. What are you missing?? Try 40 pages of content you refuse to read.

I went and looked and you're right.
She voted him because ProHawk asked for pressure on the slot. :shrug:

In post 1105, Adam-12 wrote:TOTAL SPIN. She left out Levi! Levi is an easy lynch and Mantis' question was point blank: "Do you agree with me on this? (Levi & Guille are easy lynches)" and she spun it into a defensive buddy post about Guille and didn't even mention Levi -- clearly scummy deflection and misdirection. Its a scummy way to answer a point-blank question.

She did address Guille though - and he was the focused issue.
I'll agree she dodged the Leviathan point, but I agreed with that already.

In post 1105, Adam-12 wrote:Your case on Hawk was a nice probe but its obvious now that it is just opportunistic. He clearly explained his motivations and I agree with them.

Could you address my 1079 then?
Shrimp85
Shrimp85
Goon
Shrimp85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:03 am

Post by Shrimp85 »

I am sorry, I have not posted in several days, this is because of an unexpected problem which led me to not be able to access the internet for several days.
So, yeah. Kinda sucky time, I will read what has been going on tonight and will post again what I think either tonight or tomorrow.

I see there is a new player in the game.. thor665, welcome.
Btw, my hammer is bigger.
Shrimp85
Shrimp85
Goon
Shrimp85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:06 am

Post by Shrimp85 »

by the way, who is Thor replacing? I can't find it anywhere in the game, or on page one.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:06 am

Post by Malakittens »

Mollie.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Adam-12 »

@Thor: Ok, at least you are now providing content from the game. I still disagree with some of your points but I'm eating lunch and don't have time to do another wall. I'll look up your post #1079 but I will say this:

I read her replace out as scummy and her statement while replacing out as evidence of having faked all game long that she wanted to be lynched rather than make it to lylo with confusion over her slot. Thats how I, Me, Myself read it. I don't agree that you can say there is no evidence for it since both Hawk & myself came to that conclusion independently. Saying its impossible that its a scummy replace is disingenuous; I admit she could of said it with a town motivation (even if it is screwed up as heck to be thinking like that) but I can't believe you dare to say its impossible she could of done it as scum, that is just ott BS.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:55 am

Post by Adam-12 »

Oh and btw this Hawk wagon is a load of FAIL along with your case.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:08 am

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 1079, Thor665 wrote:@Adam - fine, you're too tunneled right now to be of any use.

@Mantis - you did note how he came at me with his master case of the "contradiction" (which wasn't even a contradiction.
Then admitted that his "this is enough to lynch you right now" came from a place where he also asmitted that HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IF IT WAS OR WASN'T A VALID SCUMTELL.
He then challenged me to prove it wasn't valid (the opposite of how reality is supposed to work.
And that I then did so...and he NEVER SPOKE OF IT AGAIN.

Town?

As far as I am concerned his post addressed the issue -- I felt the same emotional frustration but apparently, looking back at my posts I appeared somewhat calm and I guess I handled it better than he did.

He didn't say he didn't know if it was a scum tell, he simply admitted as I did, that it could be a town replace even with her smurfed comment and it seems we both saw it the same way as if there was no other possible way to see it.

But its just as bad to say it on the town side which is what you are doing.

As far as his later interactions, he will have to speak for himself but I hold as justified all his initial behavior with the exception of the hammer call and on that I believe he is being genuine when he expressed his frustration and desire for a policy lynch. I was able to restrain myself and follow town protocol.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:31 am

Post by ProHawk »

Thor, the fact is I cannot out-argue you and so I won't. Your years of experience, combined with your tunnel-vision will keep you spinning until I pass out. How is this scummy that I won't go toe to toe with you like Adam? Which questions have I not answered from you?

Your case on me as I see it.

Spoiler: Evidence
In post 1004, Thor665 wrote:There isn't a case on me - and your frothing insistence that there is, that it is valid, and that I need lynching, while not actually wanting to engage in debates and constantly claiming me dismissing your cases somehow proves your cases are stronger (When, I would think, that would prove they are weaker) is why you are scum.

- Building a case on Thor while not wanting to engage in debates.

In post 1079, Thor665 wrote:@Mantis - you did note how he came at me with his master case of the "contradiction" (which wasn't even a contradiction.
Then admitted that his "this is enough to lynch you right now" came from a place where he also asmitted that HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IF IT WAS OR WASN'T A VALID SCUMTELL.
He then challenged me to prove it wasn't valid (the opposite of how reality is supposed to work.
And that I then did so...and he NEVER SPOKE OF IT AGAIN.

Town?

- Wanted to lynch Thor without being 100% sure of him being scum.
- Doesn't comment on every point Thor brings up.

In post 1093, Thor665 wrote:Him ignoring rebuttals he asked for and still sticking to the same case in light of new information is blatantly not pro-town.

- Doesn't comment on every point Thor brings up.
- Sticks to the same case in light of new information.

In post 1100, Thor665 wrote:Ah, right, it was ProHawk who wanted me hammered before I could talk.
My bad, he's so pro-town in how he's handled reacting to me I was shocked to think of that as him.

- Wanted Thor hammered before he could talk.

In post 941, Thor665 wrote:His calling for the hammer is immaterial to that case except insomuch as it shows his salivation desire for a lynch of me.
His lack of internal logic and bulldog intent are the actual cohesive scumtells.

If you want to sit close to your chest for a while I'll allow it - other people probably need some towncred via voting him anyway.

- Lack of internal logic and bulldog intent.

Did I miss anything?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 am

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 1095, borkjerfkin wrote:
Adam wrote: As it is, he just expects us to trust him but he hasn't done anything to earn that trust.

this is a towntell if anything.

i really don't necessarily think this is a towntell. i sense nothing. its just a true rational reason. Thor hasn't earned our trust. I think its cuz he hasn't read and I know he says he won't but i feel he should because his readings would be very helpful.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 am

Post by ProHawk »

I think the biggest issue with Thor is that most of his comments are dealing with absolutes in a game of probability. Scum-Tell in itself? Not really, but it
is
suspicious the way he is using it.

One of the issues that sticks out to me is his wagon analysis:

In post 970, Thor665 wrote:

The rest of the game lurks.
There isn't a counterwagon to Thor.
No one seems to understand what this means, even as they can't point at any scum bussing me.

Thor shakes his head in sadness.

So if there isn't a counterwagon to Thor then Thor must be town? Otherwise rephrased as - All Scum Wagons have Counter-Wagons? Does that interpretation sound mis-repped for the above quote? Thor clears it up for us later.

Post#1058 - He states more clearly "This is
not
the vote count of a wagon on scum."

In post 1061, Thor665 wrote:Well - if I am scum and my partner(s) think I'm useful - in which case there should be someone calling me not scum and pushing on another wagon. Where is the alternate wagon of any note? None? Who is calling me town? No one? Riiiight.

And, yet, it's still being hard to lynch me.

One scum is voting me already, and the other scum is hoping to stay off.
Adam is town.
Shrimp or you are scum - and you're the one frothing about the lynch.
Your buddies are currently hiding in the reeds hoping town helps push this through.
If you *and* Adam were town, and Shrimp was the scum, a scum would have been more content to get on as the 4th vote.
A scum would not be so happy to be 4th if you are scum as 3rd.
That's why you need lynching.

Scum-buddies that think their partner is useful will always defend their partner and push for another wagon? There aren't any other options?
Only scum would froth about a lynch?
No scum would ever vote back-to-back?

In post 1062, ProHawk wrote:Or your partner is someone who has been avoiding you in order to not get taken down for defending you and trying to start a counter wagon when you flip scum.

In post 1063, Thor665 wrote:1. Then that partner would be voting me

Scum will now either defend their partner and start a counter wagon, or bus if they aren't doing the first.

His response to my post is the final proof that he only views things in absolutes and not probabilities. My response to his theory was a possibility that he had not mentioned. His response was to strengthen his original theory while dismantling mine. There cannot be any other possibility with Thor.

In post 987, Thor665 wrote:That you are claiming there is only one way to take it is why you look scummy in making that argument.

I believe this is quite to the point. If indeed I am scummy for only taking it one way, then what does that make you who refuses to consider any other possible scum action besides a defense/counter wagon or bussing?

Second point. Thor came into the game with the goal to switch the wagon onto someone else. This could be argued that a townie would also want to get out of being lynched, but normally townies try to find scum to lynch. Thor has
yet
to make an attempt at finding scum.

1) Thor refuses to read anything that previously transpired in this game which would be useful in catching scum.
In post 878, Thor665 wrote:Since I'll refuse to read anything from before this page - you should probably post as normal.

2) Thor hops into the game wanting a policy lynch.
In post 876, Thor665 wrote:Hint: It's a Day 1 wagon and is probably incredibly silly - let's
lynch one of the newbs who will probably be less helpful later.
I'm in [ongoing] with Leviathan and suspect he'll meet the bill

3) I believe that Thor saw his ticket once he noticed all of the holes he could poke in my emotional "frothing" at wanting a lynch of his slot and took advantage. He has been focused on me ever-since with town reads on everyone else and a slight scum read on Mala but would make "fun of" everyone if he had to compromise lynch her.

Spoiler: Thor's Read Posts
In post 909, Thor665 wrote:You [Adam] are town though. Rather pedantic but...meh

In post 909, Thor665 wrote:Mantis is also probably town.
Apparently Levi is fairly obv. town. I'll slip him town side of nullish due to Adam and Mollie apparently agreeing with that.

Anyone have a read worth anything on Mala. He's rather ignoring my entrance to the game - what's he even doing over there?

In post 1004, Thor665 wrote:
In post 996, Mantisdreamz wrote:thor - what is your overall impression of malakittens?

Scummish - but no real strong read there.
I'd do it as a compromise if everyone was saying 'can't lynch Pro - he's hyper town'
But
I would make fun of you all as we did it.

In post 1056, Thor665 wrote:You mean like when I said you were town, Mantis was town, Leviathan was town, Pro Hawk was scum, and Mala was scum?
Reads like that?

I'd have reads on the rest of the lurksacks if they ever showed up and said anything, but the above is bascially every player in the game who has posted since I've shown up, so oddly those are the players I have reads on. I'm weird like that.

I find it interesting that I couldn't find any evidence or rationale as to why he maintains his town reads save because others have them. If I have missed any other scum-hunting posts, please point them out.

4) His attacks on me are filled with trying to make me look, derpy, silly, dodgy, unintelligent, and a fabricator among other things. While these attacks are not clearly ad-hom in that he isn't using them in a way to get out of him arguments, he is using them in a poisoning the well (a type of Ad-Hom) while trying to appeal to authority.

So after going over his ISO - I thought if Thor is scum, why is he pushing the lynch of a townie so hard? If he flips town in the lynch I would look bad, but the reverse is also true when I flip town. Then I remembered he already hedged that possibility in this post.

In post 909, Thor665 wrote:
You're probably scum, aren't you?

Unvote: Leviathan
Vote: ProHawk

Misreps, using logic he understands is scummy, and salivating for my lynch.

In post 901, Adam-12 wrote:Gosh, why does, "I'm not going to read this thread, go ahead and push for my lynch" just seem to fit perfectly with this analysis?

Seems like he is taking fresh start to the limits.

Have you looked at my town meta? You seem to like meta - try to find me saying I read the game when replacing in as town anytime in the past 1.5-2 years.
Oddly, i can still lynch town as good or better than most - so...

That point will come up again if I get lynched today and you see my flip. He already made his excuse for pushing a townie lynch in the exact same post that he started the wagon-run. That's what I see from Thor's ISO at the moment.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1112, Adam-12 wrote:I read her replace out as scummy and her statement while replacing out as evidence of having faked all game long that she wanted to be lynched rather than make it to lylo with confusion over her slot. Thats how I, Me, Myself read it. I don't agree that you can say there is no evidence for it since both Hawk & myself came to that conclusion independently.

Eh.
Add in ignoring Mantis' discussion of how Mollie has done this before *as town* and I think at least one of you is scum and the other is town with blinders on, yeah.

In post 1112, Adam-12 wrote:Saying its impossible that its a scummy replace is disingenuous; I admit she could of said it with a town motivation (even if it is screwed up as heck to be thinking like that) but I can't believe you dare to say its impossible she could of done it as scum, that is just ott BS.

I've said it was impossible?
I actually just disagreed that it was obvious scumtell - which is what ProHawk had been saying.

In post 1113, Adam-12 wrote:Oh and btw this Hawk wagon is a load of FAIL along with your case.

I'm glad you're addressing specifics unlike scummy Thor.
:neutral:

In post 1114, Adam-12 wrote:As far as I am concerned his post addressed the issue -- I felt the same emotional frustration but apparently, looking back at my posts I appeared somewhat calm and I guess I handled it better than he did.

If the case is coming from emotional frustration you're already admitting there are flaws in the case that need to be addressed.

In post 1114, Adam-12 wrote:He didn't say he didn't know if it was a scum tell, he simply admitted as I did, that it could be a town replace even with her smurfed comment and it seems we both saw it the same way as if there was no other possible way to see it.

No, he did say he didn't know if it was a scumtell.
In post 976, ProHawk wrote:I have only seen scum replace out because they are on the lynching table. I don't really a lot of evidence for this, considering my lack of experience, but I would love to see some examples -Thor- of town players replacing out due to the probability of them being lynched.

He has ONLY seen scum replace out on chopping block.
He DOESN'T have evidence.
He would like to see THOR provide evidence...and then will REFUSE TO COMMENT ON IT when Thor does.
Seriously, you see this as a town reaction of someone who is unsure and is looking for info? It isn't. He just thought I couldn't/wouldn't provide the examples. He then doesn't address them and doesn't change his mind - that means he's not looking for the truth, he's looking to get me lynched. That is scum mentality.

In post 1114, Adam-12 wrote:But its just as bad to say it on the town side which is what you are doing.

I have not called it a town tell - I've called it a null tell and in this specific situation said I could see it as town motivated - you're applying extremes to my positin and then saying my position is weak because it is extreme.
Stop that.

In post 1115, ProHawk wrote:Thor, the fact is I cannot out-argue you and so I won't. Your years of experience, combined with your tunnel-vision will keep you spinning until I pass out. How is this scummy that I won't go toe to toe with you like Adam? Which questions have I not answered from you?

1. Am I out-arguing you because I'm so experienced and deucedly clever...or is it just that your standpoints are weak?
2. I would say a prime question you haven't addressed would be 'why did you not take my examples (that you requested) of town replacing out under pressure and do...anything with it?

In post 1115, ProHawk wrote:Your case on me as I see it.
[snip]
Did I miss anything?

No, that looks rather complete to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1117, ProHawk wrote:I think the biggest issue with Thor is that most of his comments are dealing with absolutes in a game of probability.

In post 1117, ProHawk wrote: Otherwise rephrased as - All Scum Wagons have Counter-Wagons?

I would re-phrase it as - On Day 1, of a game with a likely three man team, and one of the slots now having the most experienced player in the game, there would be a scum counterwagon attempt of some level.

Yes.

In post 1117, ProHawk wrote:Thor has
yet
to make an attempt at finding scum.

You do understand that...I'm calling...*you* scum, right?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 am

Post by ProHawk »

Thor, I don't know what you want me to say regarding your evidence that Town does replace out when on the lynching block. I am not going to praise you because I don't think there is any more room for your ego to fit in the room. I looked at it, and you're right it happened. But your evidence also doesn't say that ONLY town will do it. Therefore it still is a possibility that Mollie was scum and was pulling a gambit that you replaced into. It obviously made me re-think my stance because I made a post about it.

The problem is you aren't even considering the possibility that I am not scum, hence the tunneling. You aren't finding scum, you are self-focused on who you are positive is scum.

RE: Three man team. This may just be my "poor reading comprehension" here, but from my understanding its an open setup with a two-man scum team and your replacing in wouldn't give you the luxury of coaching your scum partner.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 am

Post by ProHawk »

Mala, I would love to hear your case on me. Thx.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1120, ProHawk wrote:Thor, I don't know what you want me to say regarding your evidence that Town does replace out when on the lynching block. I am not going to praise you because I don't think there is any more room for your ego to fit in the room. I looked at it, and you're right it happened. But your evidence also doesn't say that ONLY town will do it. Therefore it still is a possibility that Mollie was scum and was pulling a gambit that you replaced into. It obviously made me re-think my stance because I made a post about it.

Why ask about it if - even when given evidence - it would not change your opinion in any way at all?

In post 1120, ProHawk wrote:The problem is you aren't even considering the possibility that I am not scum, hence the tunneling. You aren't finding scum, you are self-focused on who you are positive is scum.

WHo do you think I should be paying more attention to?

In post 1120, ProHawk wrote:RE: Three man team. This may just be my "poor reading comprehension" here, but from my understanding its an open setup with a two-man scum team and your replacing in wouldn't give you the luxury of coaching your scum partner.

True, mixed up which game I was posting in as regards game size.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 am

Post by ProHawk »

My opinion has changed. Before your post, I was certain that only scum would be motivated enough to do it, but you showed me otherwise. Was that my
only
reason for voting you/Mollie? No. Do I still think you have a good chance of being scum? Yes, hence my continued vote.

I need to do some more evaluation on Mala, but right now she has a lot to answer for. I need to see her case on me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

Return to “Completed Open Games”