Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 4.7

"Bomb disposal is a face off with your own mortality. Don't let the fear get to you. When you give in to the fear, the darkness comes." -Peter Stillman, Metal Gear Solid 2

PeregrineV - 4 (Cheery Dog, AngryPidgeon, zabriel, Kise)
zabriel - 3 (Acosmist, MagnaofIllusion, jasonT1981)
AngryPidgeon - 2 (Kublai Khan, mastin2)
mykonian - 1 (pidgey)
MagnaofIllusion - 1 (mykonian)
jasonT1981 - 1 (Yates)
Cheery Dog - 1 (Nero Cain)

Not voting - PeregrineV

Nero Cain, mastin2, PeregrineV, and zabriel are V/LA.
MagnaofIllusion is V/LA until Thursday.

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 4 is 2 AM EST on December 15, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3156, Kise wrote:
myk, Cheery, PV, and zab if I was just being stupid for thinking he was something else. Do 7 of you agree to lynch any number of these men at the time?

I'm confused for what this question is actually referring to, as such, who were you being stupid for thinking about?
It's also the names at the start of it and the one before which makes me feel I should be answering it, but then there's not 7 people listed and it just makes it more confusing.

Can you explain how that was a town tell for me? I see it as very null.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:15 am

Post by mykonian »

He buddied you quite hard. Easy to towntell, I guess.

AP, you are a beautiful human, on the inside, but certainly on the outside as well.

Anyway, PV wagon is fun and all. It's not like he has done anything this game, but having Kise and Zabriel on it makes me nervous esspecially the way he got on. He hasn't mentioned PV otherwise then calling him a lurker or in a neutral fashion. And suddenly he's v/la till he's lynched? That's the easy way out Kise, keep talking. We hear way too little from you anyway. And it's unbelievable anyway. The wagon stinks.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3175, pappums rat wrote:PeregrineV - 4 (Cheery Dog, AngryPidgeon, zabriel, Kise)

HOLY CRAP!!!!

That PV wagon is so horribly scummy. Unless there's a bunch of CHERRY HATE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS i'LL BE JOINING THE ap WAGON.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:45 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3177, mykonian wrote:He buddied you quite hard. Easy to towntell, I guess.

AP, you are a beautiful human, on the inside, but certainly on the outside as well.

Mykonian.

In my post I said PV was scummy for sheeping/buddying Mastin whilst lurking and drinking his koolaid.

Do you really think scum Zab swoops in and responds to my post in which I call PV scummy for that by doing the exact same thing to me? Especially given that I'm more volatile than most players?

For him to be scum he has to be dumb and attempting the worlds most ill-advised buddying attempt. I don't think thats the case.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:48 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3176, Cheery Dog wrote:Can you explain how that was a town tell for me? I see it as very null.

Would scum-Zab really blatantly do what I literally just accused PV of being scummy for IN RESPONSE TO MY POST CALLING PV SCUMMY FOR IT.

Unless hes really really dumb or some sort of scum mastermind that predicted me noting this, hes not scum. And I dont think either of those is the case.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3058, MagnaofIllusion wrote:But could you see the Mod posting

Some player, Role and Alignment, killed by FOXDIE Night X?

If so shut the hell up about it. If not let’s discuss exactly why you don’t think that’s viable.

Deff. Which is why I keep asking him to confirm what his flavor is. Wait a second....didn't you accuse me earlier of not asking the mod to clarify things is a scum tell? But when ACO doesn't clarify with the mod its not a scum tell? Hello selective scumhunting.

In post 3059, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Read Post 3012 in full and then look at the excerpt above. Note that in 3012 (or frankly in any of his recent posts) Nero does not address Kise directly at all. No quoting him or anything. In fact 3012 ostensibly is listing even more play from me Nero is trying to pass off as scummy. So Nero is saying “Well, Kise is more scummy than MoI” yet he’s not actually posting anything about Kise and is posting lots of things about me. This is scum wanting to disengage from their read since they are losing the battle badly on their play.

lol. This is lots of words but not saying anything. I commented on Kise. Stop being dumb. Are you upset that you had to share a line with him?

In post 3059, MagnaofIllusion wrote:They are not and either you are Town and now permanently wear the VI tag (like predecssors Furculow, Drmyshottyissik, and other terrible, terrible players) or are scum.

I'm so hurt MOI. I'm constantly fucking right (though not all the time) as where you powerlynch town like crazy. But then again you’re scum and just trying to ruffle my feathers so meh.

In post 3059, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Well this is quite hilarious. You are a Confirmed Neighborizor. Congrats. I never suggested you weren't a Neighborizor. I suggested you were a Scum Neighborizor. Regardless, your role says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about your alignment which is the only thing that is important to the game. So why were you yelling so much about being confirmed when you can EASILY BE A SCUM ROLE? Hmmm? You were trying to say that you being a Neighborizor meant your play couldn’t be suspected which is clearly incorrect.

no. Your first post was clearly stating that you thought I was lying. How was I supposed to know that were claiming that I was lying about my alignment when I looked like you were accusing me of lying about being a nieghborizer altogether? Did you suspect my play? No. You suspected my role. You know what this looks like? Scum backtracking to put a case on me after you found out I was confirmed. You know that I’m not that hard to mislynch but I’m experienced enough to not be “low hanging fruit” I have no chance of getting you lynched unless we 1 vs. 1 (which I’m sure you’ll back out of.) So let me congratulate you, AP and Kise on winning.

In post 3059, MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. Not Neighbozing the Cop (addressed, again, above)
2. Repeatedly flip-flopping on his stance on the Messenger (first he is only scummy if a scummy player claims the role, then he became confirmed Scum to Nero here. Now he’s going back and forth between saying the Messenger should target Acosmist and saying if he’s scum he’d just lie about it. He's like a fish out of water on the floor ... hopping from position to position desperately trying to get a breath of relief yet still suffocating under his own scummy play.
3. When I brought up Nero’s play in Star Wars Mafia he attacked me for Lying about his partner. When I corrected who his partner on the list was and demonstrated how his behavior to that partner was just as I had claimed he’s never addressed that.
4. The last is a bit of relational information that isn’t scummy directly since none of them have flipped but here’s a bit that I’d like to remind everyone about –

lol
1. And? That doesn't mean I'm scum and if you are town and think that's some sort of tell then you are fucked up. But since I think you're somewhat intelligent, you probably have a scum role.
2. There's not any reason to suspect the messenger since I don't know who it is but its incredibly odd that you, Kise and AP seem to be trying to protect the messenger.
3. Ok. So why write Obba?

In post 3063, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Note that despite requests neither Nero or Mastin have shared the posts Thor made in the QT.

Only that Mastin did. Hi liar scum.

In post 3065, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And I'm saying that is meaningless. You aren't willing to test a hypoTown role that is weak (Neighborizor) on a hypoTown role that is deadly to scum if confirmed (PGO).

And how is my role any weaker than a messenger? Its not.
In post 3067, MagnaofIllusion wrote:He sheeps Nero (who, as we recall,
stopped avoiding the thread convienently within minutes
of Thor asking who to vote) and then askes Nero why I am scum. Not a push at all.

Keep the pot shots coming. You know I'm on v/la. Hell you've said that you'll be waiting awhile for my responses to your bullsnork. But its sooooooo scummy that I happened to be on the day that Thor replaced in.

In post 3086, mykonian wrote:You'd almost think scum would want free kills.

They do. Hence why they want to "test" his claim.

In post 3107, AngryPidgeon wrote:(since Im posting less lists than usual)

Why are you posting less lists than usual?

In post 3127, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3102, mastin2 wrote:Your reads--similar to AP--seem rather focused, on specific players. Why is that?

Linking me with pidgey. Doesn't matter what pidgey's alignment is why the hell are you trying to connect us out of nowhere?

And that question is pointed as hell.
Tunnel vision is not a scumtell.[/
quote]
It can be, yes.

In post 3148, Acosmist wrote:Did Nero straight-up lie?

no. MOI's correct that I only claimed X-shot. Did I "lie" on purpose? no.

+

I find it funny that he finds this scummy but he's allowed to fill my mouth with things I never said.

”Kise” wrote: The reason I think he's a mafia neighborizer is due to apparently being unblockable.

He’s dead. He’s dead. The mafia roleblocker was dead. Therefore he couldn’t have blocked me even if he wanted to. Stop pretending like he could have.

Oh look, Cherry doesn’t have any scumreads….

In post 3158, Kublai Khan wrote:Why didn't you come up with a plan to target Acosmist/someone else on Night 1? Surely you recognize that your ability is basically useless unless you can use it to confirm someone nigh-unnightkillable with your death, right? Why waste it on random people? Why use up two last night?

I targeted Tammy night 1....

I'm town. I know it, the mod knows it and
3 of MOI, Cherry, AP, Kise
scum knows it. This whole "well if they were town they'd suicide themselves" is pretty stupid logic.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:41 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3181, Nero Cain wrote:AP seem to be trying to protect the messenger.

...??? I suggested the messenger target Acosmist immediately after you claimed no more shots. And then you retorted back with "Oh well testing Acosmist isnt really worth it anyways"

And the messenger is probably either Mykonian or PV. Its not like mastin didn't soft claim the ever loving shit out of that in-thread.

In post 3181, Nero Cain wrote:Why are you posting less lists than usual?

Dunno, not used to large games. But were down to 14 anyhow.

Townreads: Kise, MoI, Acosmist, Yates, Cheery, Zab, pidgey (Mastin, did you actually explain this read?)
Scumreads: Nero/Mastin, PV, Mykonian
The rest: Kublai Khan, jasont1981

Strongly doubt Nero and Mastin are on a team. Its probably one of that, PV, Mykonian. If that isn't all of them, add in KK or jason.

Cheery Im less sure of than the others. But he absolutely should not be lynched before PV/mykonian.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:46 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2634, Cheery Dog wrote:
But you don't know what a scumCheery
does, how does that actually make me town?

In post 2634, Cheery Dog wrote:Yes I'm aware I've gone only through the first 4 pages and skimming during that, and it
may also be that I dislike rapidcanyon
after a game we played together, but that was the scummiest post I found

2963 looks town too on 2nd thought.

NM, Cheery's town. Anyone voting him should feel ashamed.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Traveling for the weekend, and off Monday. May get something in but more will have to come Tuesday.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3180, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3176, Cheery Dog wrote:Can you explain how that was a town tell for me? I see it as very null.

Would scum-Zab really blatantly do what I literally just accused PV of being scummy for IN RESPONSE TO MY POST CALLING PV SCUMMY FOR IT.

Unless hes really really dumb or some sort of scum mastermind that predicted me noting this, hes not scum. And I dont think either of those is the case.

I missed that bit of context, and that does make sense, I still have him at null in any case. I did see that it was a huge bundle of posturing though, and found it weird that Zab (who you had been attacking) was somehow now town for it.

In post 3182, AngryPidgeon wrote:
And the messenger is probably either Mykonian or PV.

In post 3182, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Scumreads: Nero/Mastin, PV, Mykonian

So you believe both the neighbouriser and messenger as possible scum now?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

What town tell exactly?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:49 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 3179, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3177, mykonian wrote:He buddied you quite hard. Easy to towntell, I guess.

Mykonian.

In my post I said PV was scummy for sheeping/buddying Mastin whilst lurking and drinking his koolaid.

Do you really think scum Zab swoops in and responds to my post in which I call PV scummy for that by doing the exact same thing to me? Especially given that I'm more volatile than most players?

For him to be scum he has to be dumb and attempting the worlds most ill-advised buddying attempt. I don't think thats the case.

Yes, I fail to see the point.

Cheery wagon? Cheery wagon!

vote cheery
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:56 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3187, mykonian wrote:Cheery wagon? Cheery wagon!

Would it trouble you (or even Nero for that matter since he started it) to give an explanation for why?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:40 am

Post by mykonian »

I don't mind sheeping nero. And I haven't noticed you so far.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@mastin2 - Did Tammy know that Nero Cain had a limited number of neighborizing shots (per discussion in QT)?

Also, I want a good reason why the messenger's name should stay secret.

@Nero Cain - Read this post carefully because I don't want a half-assed answer that doesn't have to do with what I'm saying.

This is what we know about your role:
  1. You can target someone and talk to them via a quicktopic at night (neighborizing ability).
    • This happens instantaneously.
  2. You have three shots.
  3. You can target more than one person in one night (according to mastin2 here).

At the end of Day 1, you knew that there was a claimed PGO(ish?) role in this game.

Now your role only lets you talk to people at night. You can't investigate or protect or roleblock or do anything useful. So you know your role is perfect for testing a claim like Acosmists. Since it's of limited use (3-shot?), and it's instantaneous, AND you can target multiple people a night... Why didn't you come up with the following plan:

1. Target two (2) townreads on Night 1 and neighborize them.
2. Target Acosmist on Night 2 with your neighbors knowing of your plan.

Instead you targetted one person on Night 1, none during Night 2 and three during Night 3 and you're out. What was the logic behind your play strategy?

Why did you decide today that Acosmist's kill flavor needed to be known and tested?

In post 2769, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2765, Kise wrote:Why shouldn't the mafia's roleblocker have been able to block you?

'cause the mafia roleblocker was dead you tool.

This was a poor answer. Let's say that the Mafia Roleblocker did not die on Day 1. Why would town have an ability to neighborize that is instantaneous and therefore Mafia cannot block it?

In post 3028, Nero Cain wrote:No. I'm out of shots. MOI
knew
I was out of shots so that’s why he said this

In post 2982, MagnaofIllusion wrote:inb4 Nero claims to be out of uses / refuses to do so.
He was setting me up.

How did MagnaofIllusion
know
that you were out of shots? How could MagnaofIllusion know? I don't see anywhere where you said so in thread.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:01 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3190, Kublai Khan wrote:Also, I want a good reason why the messenger's name should stay secret.

Really isn't one. I thought it was a reasonable idea if Nero were going to test Acosmist. But he isn't so the messenger should. Mastin (and Im guessing also Nero?) know who it is then.

In post 3185, Cheery Dog wrote:So you believe both the neighbouriser and messenger as possible scum now?

Setup spec would be a little silly if that were the case, but maybe. The way Nero is accusing me of defending the messenger when I absolutely never did other than to say that setup spec makes me think messenger/Nero aren't a team is lol (if Nero is town then why does he care?). And he falsely said that I backed my plan down about targeting Acosmist when he said he was out of shots. I never did, I recommended the messenger do it. Nero did call the plan useless at that point though.

And I could be wrong about the messenger being one of those 2 and Mastin is throwing fake hints around for w/e reason. Point being, my opinion that neighborizer/messenger probably not being a team doesnt affect my vote right now.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:10 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3187, mykonian wrote:Yes, I fail to see the point.

Your Zab mislynch was going swimmingly I know. And now you are on Cheery's wagon, thats a riot.

Its really simple. I made a post calling PV scummy for lurking, sheeping Mastin w/o providing original content, and buddying him. Zab comes in and responds to this post by essentially doing exactly those 3 things to me. If he is scum, then how the hell would he think that is a good idea. Unless he really thinks I'll be flowery to him for sheeping me on PV which is a pretty bad assumption to make. I can't see scum-Zab doing what I accused PV of being scummy for in RESPONSE to the post I called PV scummy.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:17 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

For those that aren't on board and/or maybe just don't understand why AngryPidgeon is scum, it's because of his Day 2 behavior and arguments.

This is his initial reaction when he realizes that Tammy is a Serial Killer:
In post 1461, AngryPidgeon wrote:The issue is that she is a thread to both teams and it benefits each team to let the OTHER team waste the lynch/kill on her.

and:
In post 1433, AngryPidgeon wrote:Benmage, Tammy is an SK. Her only hope of playing to her wincon is to at least try and look town for the time being. So doing something other than letter her shot be directed means she loses. Shes basically a dayvig right now. I get that you had to claim to out her, but that is a sunk cost. I think she is an asset right now.

I don't care if her shots are good. I care that she not be the one picking the shot.

So keep in mind that AngryPidgeon
absolutely
understands the arguments of both sides and potential strategies for dealing with an outed Serial Killer.

AngryPidgeon first votes for Tammy, stating that he was following the cop.

Then he tries to push a Kise wagon as a counter to a pigdey counter-wagon, then he moves his vote back to Tammy, saying:
In post 1568, AngryPidgeon wrote:Fine. I'm sold on the logic that it IS a high-risk/reward scenario (proof: Mastin is right that she provides a 2nd lynch, Ben is right that she isn't exactly trustworthy) that we dont necessarily need given that we are in a good situation. And I do not see why scum would kill her because the same logic applies: "Why NK her when the town will lynch her? Why lynch her when the scum team will NK her? Why ..." And if she was shot at last night, then she IS BP.

Note that none of that makes any sense. Benmage was only arguing that the risk was high to himself because he feared he might get shot the next day (which is still a horrible argument considering that Tammy had plenty of time to kill him after he claimed). So the "high-risk" was to one person that already wasn't killed and the high-reward is still high-reward.

So he starts becoming the most vocal supporter of the Tammy wagon, next to Benmage. Now Benmage is dead and flipped town cop. Now we know that it's entire possible for town to have an unwavering view of what needs to be done. But check Benmage's ISO. He never wavered. He grasped at unlikely straw after unlikely straw and didn't give a shit about counter-arguments. Arguments that Tammy must be bulletproof, or a part of a day-killing scum team, or uncontrollable were bad, sometimes to the point of retarded. But I never doubted that Benmage sincerely believed them.

AngryPidgeon is different. Read the first quote again. He fully understands the logic that scum gains by directing the town to lynch it's enemy. But then he fully rejects that theory to the point where he argues that mastin and I are not only stupid, but scummy for suggesting it. He fully understands that Tammy is in the position she HAS TO kill the town's pick or get lynched herself and then rejects it. Then does everything he can to push the theory that Tammy is too dangerous to let live. So AngryPidgeon's "hardcore non-comprimising" views mirror Benmage's and are demonstratively not his own.

Though, and this is still very notable, he only echoes Benmage's positions when Acosmist is the counter-wagon. When it breaks up and different people are being pushed as substitutes, then AngryPidgeon is happy to move his vote to WrathChild (also flipped town) before going back to Tammy.

So why would someone who repeatedly stated that arguing against a Tammy lynch is a waste of time and pages and that town is being derpy, then jump off to vote WrathChild? (Note that at the time his switched his vote to WrathChild, he was also calling mykonian scum for jumping off the Tammy wagon - ).
Why would someone pretend to not understand counter-arguments to a scum-benefiting plan when they do?

AngryPidgeon is scum.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:32 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3193, Kublai Khan wrote:Note that none of that makes any sense. Benmage was only arguing that the risk was high to himself because he feared he might get shot the next day (which is still a horrible argument considering that Tammy had plenty of time to kill him after he claimed). So the "high-risk" was to one person that already wasn't killed and the high-reward is still high-reward.

Given that there was no Kill N1, I thought it was a safe assumption that we had a doctor.

In post 3193, Kublai Khan wrote:AngryPidgeon is different. Read the first quote again. He fully understands the logic that scum gains by directing the town to lynch it's enemy.

There are two entities. Both benefit from having Tammy gone, but each loses something by making the kill. Would scum have killed her? Probably not. The Tammy conversation was an enormous cirlcejerk that is evidently still rippling off aftershocks 4 days later.

Your old point that the Tammy debate would stop if she weren't lynched i bullshit and I don't know where you got to that conclusion from. Plus, we had a claimed cop and lack of NK N1. It looked like a reasonable situation to take a low risk approach and just lynch Tammy.

And in your quote, you are avoiding saying that she was also town's enemy. So what do you do if she doesn't get NK'd for a night? 2? "AP is talking in hypotheticals!" No, fuck you. All we had to work with at the time was hypotheticals and I tend to doubt the scumteam would have killed her. The Tammy debate itself was inherently anti-town. And I love how your argument against me being different than Ben hinges on Ben being dumb as justification for his support.

Re the other wagons: I derped. For some reason I though mastin was actually going to hardball a lynch successfully so I moved to one that I was prob-scum and not just retarded (Acosmist wagon). I never stopped supporting the Tammy lynch primarily and if you read my posts in context, Im sure that was evident.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 3194, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3193, Kublai Khan wrote:Note that none of that makes any sense. Benmage was only arguing that the risk was high to himself because he feared he might get shot the next day (which is still a horrible argument considering that Tammy had plenty of time to kill him after he claimed). So the "high-risk" was to one person that already wasn't killed and the high-reward is still high-reward.

Given that there was no Kill N1, I thought it was a safe assumption that we had a doctor.

Since you stated twice that you thought she might be a BP, I'll take this to mean that you didn't target Tammy on Night 1.

Spoiler: evidence
In post 1469, AngryPidgeon wrote:Just a thought, what if Tammy is BP? Isn't it common for SK's to typically be BP or investigation immune? It could explain the lack of kill.

In post 1568, AngryPidgeon wrote:VOTE: Tammy

Fine. I'm sold on the logic that it IS a high-risk/reward scenario (proof: Mastin is right that she provides a 2nd lynch, Ben is right that she isn't exactly trustworthy) that we dont necessarily need given that we are in a good situation. And I do not see why scum would kill her because the same logic applies: "Why NK her when the town will lynch her? Why lynch her when the scum team will NK her? Why ..." And if she was shot at last night, then she IS BP.

In post 3194, AngryPidgeon wrote:The Tammy conversation was an enormous cirlcejerk that is evidently still rippling off aftershocks 4 days later.

You are the only one trying to squelch any conversation related to the Tammy lynch. It's a game event. Actions/arguments made during game events are the basis for making cases to lynch scum.

In post 3194, AngryPidgeon wrote:Your old point that the Tammy debate would stop if she weren't lynched i bullshit and I don't know where you got to that conclusion from.

Why are you launching into this distracting side argument? What does it have to do with your inconsistency regarding arguments to lynch/not lynch Tammy?

In post 3194, AngryPidgeon wrote:And I love how your argument against me being different than Ben hinges on Ben being dumb as justification for his support.

Yes, I do believe Benmage is dumb for his position on a mafia theory. But Benmage was consistent and committed to his beliefs. You weighed all options, then proceeded as if you were as convinced of yourself as Benmage was of himself.

For comparison, I also think MagnaofIllusion is dumb for not agreeing with me on what to do with a outed SK. But he's been consistent to the point of meta-consistency. He honestly believes in his actions, so he's probably town. Misguided town, but town. You argued like you never had any doubt in your mind that lynching Tammy was the proper course of action. But you previously expressed doubt and you moved your vote around. You are scum because there isn't agreement between what you say and do. You are duplicitous.

In post 3194, AngryPidgeon wrote:Re the other wagons: I derped. For some reason I though mastin was actually going to hardball a lynch successfully so I moved to one that I was prob-scum and not just retarded (Acosmist wagon).

So retarded that you now want his claimed checked? Why is your town-read on Acosmist wavering?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:09 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3195, Kublai Khan wrote:You are the only one trying to squelch any conversation related to the Tammy lynch. It's a game event. Actions/arguments made during game events are the basis for making cases to lynch scum.

Yes, but this one is not / was not going anywhere. That is the point. Keeping tammy alive was going to keep getting the same bullshit posted over and over. Im not arguing that your case on me is invalid because it has to do with Tammy as you imply here...Im saying that lynching Tammy was the correct play.

In post 3195, Kublai Khan wrote:Why are you launching into this distracting side argument? What does it have to do with your inconsistency regarding arguments to lynch/not lynch Tammy?

I also answered that. Nice and neatly at the end.

In post 3195, Kublai Khan wrote:You argued like you never had any doubt in your mind that lynching Tammy was the proper course of action. But you previously expressed doubt and you moved your vote around. You are scum because there isn't agreement between what you say and do. You are duplicitous.

Excuse me? IIRC I posted several times saying that I saw both sides of the argument and that it was a high-risk/reward scenario to not lynch her. don't give me this bullshit that I never doubted it was the only play.

In post 3195, Kublai Khan wrote:So retarded that you now want his claimed checked? Why is your town-read on Acosmist wavering?

It isn't. And that is a strawman.

We lose nothing by testing Acosmist. If, and this was at the time a valid assumption, Nero could test the claim (assuming acosmist is town) Nero dies and Acosmist is confirmed. We are at evens and that seems unlikely to change all things considered, so losing Nero does not cost us a lynch. And my read on acosmist is 100% irrelevant if there is still a possibility of him getting lynched as town in the future. Having Nero test Acosmist prevents that town-lynch and does not cost us a lynch. And if Nero is somewhat likely to get lynched down the line anyways, so if he is town it prevents that as well. And if nero or Acosmist is scum, then doing this makes even more sense.

I laid out my case for doing it from a Acosmist = town perspective and worst case scenario, its STILL a good idea. Either you aren't reading the thread, or you are just actively trying to find some incredibly minor inconsistency in my thoughts.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:19 am

Post by Acosmist »

How much intersection is there between people who wanted the SK to kill me and people who don't want me confirmed? Because that's deranged.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:25 am

Post by pidgey »

My vote on Mykonian is apperantly a waste, since no one will help me with the lynch. Lately i've been thinking that i might be tunneling and that SOME FUCKING HOW myk might have really thought that we were just getting scum and thats why he told tammy to shoot the cop but i still think he is scum because of ~stuff~. I dunno, i really want to reread stuff. And yes myk, i asked about the flavor kill bun day 4 because i hadnt realized that all the nks had different flavors until i checked OP (im dumb)

Damn AP.
You are town right? I hope not and i still think you arent, but why did you openly suggested that tammy was probably a BP Serial Killer? I mean, it would explain the lack of kill N2 yes but you putting out there bluntly like KK just showed kinda makes me confused about your slot.
Though the people saying that you change reads and that that is a scum tell are wrong in that department cause i've already seen you doing that.

Nero Cain is town. I think.

Mastin is town or incredibly gutsy scum. Probably town.

MoI lynch isnt the worst lynch and i think that if he is scum he might be implicated with Acomist, considering how defensive he got when I asked acosmist about it. That said im still not sure.

Cheery dog is a good lynch. All his votes have felt so weak, he has gone with the popular opinion, and he hasnt done much original stuff. I dont mind this lynch at all and im willing to vote there for now
vote: Cheery Dog

Zabriel is a slot i dont like because he sheeped my incredibly derp wagon on d2 without any sort of reasoning and i dont mind to lynch him.

Jason I sometimes feel he could be scum or just incredibly uninteresed with the game.

Kise feels... town.
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:26 am

Post by pidgey »

Anyway ill be more active again. Finished with stuff