Open 465 - Wot's... Uh the Deal? (Game Over! Town Win!)

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:13 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

That makes this a null tell then -- if he missed having N0 talk once, why couldn't he have missed it twice, especially if you never mentioned it to him post-game or anything (I'm guessing you didn't)?

I still think he's town.

Vote Count

Pirate Mollie (L-3): Shrimp85, Guile
Mantisdreamz(L-4): borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin (L-4): Adam-12
Leviathan (L-4): Pirate Mollie
Malakittens (L-4): ProHawk

Not Voting: leviathan93, Mantisdreamz, Malakittens

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is Monday, December 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM EST
Last edited by Majiffy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
beefycheese
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:53 am

Post by Adam-12 »

I have failed to catch up and am about 5 pages back. Will start again when I wake up.

I hope the questions I asked get answered because I don't want to have to post them again (sorry for all the multiple posts). :(
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:25 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 742, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 597, Adam-12 wrote:
ALL of his posts (few I might add) are like this. What is the deal with these fence sitters this game? Guille, you are taking your sweet time which just may be how you play, but its lookin bad to me. I would much rather see you take time to compile a complete post, instead of leaving us with bits and pieces and have to wait a whole day to get part B.

@Guille: Why did you say earlier that because you "have to go home" you cannot devote more time to Mafia; shouldn't it be the opposite?

I DO need an answer to this question.

Unfortunately, i have family duties when I get home. My wife get's pissed when I spend too much time in Mafia. I take time during work to get into mafia. I can mostly juggle work and mafia, but lately work has been a bit more taxing. So, going home is like not being able to play mafia much. I tend to read when I am home to keep myself up to date, but replying to post is much harder, so I don't do it.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:26 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 739, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 576, pirate mollie wrote:

ProHawk wrote:
Pray-tell
what negative attention did you intentionally garner?

wrt my bold: you are spinning this. I drew negative attention at my entrance into the thread which you voted on didn't you?

Spinning is just Mollie's way of saying I don't like what you posted but can't logically refute your point.

Spoiler: Mollie's Grandiose Entrance
In post 20, pirate mollie wrote:are you thinking levithan thing was trying to extend the mafia talk time malacat?

In post 24, pirate mollie wrote:okay I want to see where this goes

VOTE: levianthan93

also mantis you need to get in here so I can get a read on you!!!

You tell me how I am spinning it, cause i'm not. Her posts themselves did not garner any negative attention until specific scrutiny was brought to them.

RE: Scum looking up another game for an argument. It is more than possible.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 am

Post by guille2015 »

Mala's lack of content is acceptable per her reasonable excuse. I anxiously await for he read. It seems like she is trying to ISO Adam. Poor thing, might as well just read everything.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:57 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 747, Malakittens wrote:Can I put a post restriction on you? I won't be assed to read your ISO and go through 218 posts.

unvote

Your play from your newbie is quite different. There were some similarities such as word choices, but there's a more of a town oriented how you are going about it this game.

Hey Mollie. Since you are from another site. Mind linking me there to a recent town/scum game?

In this order I want to review: ProHawk, Mantis & Mollie.

I still have that town read on Levi. It's mainly due to me modding his recent scum game and his play is different. He was over caring about making enemies which caused him to try to appease those who suspected him, but he didn't do that here.

Which regarding enemies I have an awesome song in my head
"There's no destiny
When everyone's your enemy"

I sure can how strong is your stomach. :P

seriously though, some of the sites I play on are pretty rough like super rough.

but my question to you is, why not look at the games I have played on here where I have been both town (titanium, a newbie game) and scum (audio).
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 740, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 588, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 567, ProHawk wrote:Reading other games is looking for meta.

Pray-tell

In post 462, guille2015 wrote:@Pirate Mollie:
The only other game that you used the word Grooming was the Newbie 1286 game.
I don't want to read through it, can you give me a summary of where that got you, considering you were town in that game.

Conclusion: Adam has the best case on Mollie, and I agree with him.
She is inconsistent.
She overreacts to certain accusations and her OMGUS is off the charts.

See bold. It sure looks like he is trying to use it to support his conclusion of you being inconsistent to me.

@Adam, my statement was in no way linking two scum together, but rather just the opposite - read my equation if you are confused.

wrt my bold: you are spinning this. I drew negative attention at my entrance into the thread which you voted on didn't you?

So, you're saying you purposefully questioned Mala to look bad?

You are saying 2 things at once: 1) You drew bad attention from the beginning of the game, 2) You purposefully drew bad attention once you started getting votes on you

I don't understand this.

I don't believe I have read an answer to this post. I would
really
like to read one.

what I am saying is that I attracted negative attention initially and the reasons were IMO pretty dumb and baseless so I decided to troll and try to knock players off balance in order to get a read and info for my team. does this answer your question.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:04 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 753, ProHawk wrote:
In post 739, Adam-12 wrote:

ProHawk wrote:
Pray-tell

Spinning is just Mollie's way of saying I don't like what you posted but can't logically refute your point

Spoiler: Mollie's Grandiose Entrance
In post 20, pirate mollie wrote:are you thinking levithan thing was trying to extend the mafia talk time malacat?

In post 24, pirate mollie wrote:okay I want to see where this goes

VOTE: levianthan93

also mantis you need to get in here so I can get a read on you!!!

You tell me how I am spinning it, cause i'm not. Her posts themselves did not garner any negative attention until specific scrutiny was brought to them.

RE: Scum looking up another game for an argument. It is more than possible.

wrt the bold: erm no, spinning is trying to misinterpret a motivation and paint it as scummy when it isn't. <---- it looks scummy IMO.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 am

Post by ProHawk »

If I am spinning it, why can't you point out exactly what/where the spin is?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:20 am

Post by pirate mollie »

I did.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:58 am

Post by ProHawk »

Re-post please cause I musta missed it.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:37 am

Post by leviathan93 »

yeah, it is true that a game that I played as scum just recently ended. mala was the mod. however, i did not know that i could talk in the confirmation stage then either and learned that I could once night 1 happened. I was already in this game when that happened since I joined multiple games.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Mollie. I checked Tit and that's your only completed game. The newbie is not finished therefore I can't meta you.
I can handle reading harsh things as long as they aren't directed towards me. So possible link offsite games.

And I don't really want to do the audio >.>

It's only like 3-4 hours of listening.
Last edited by Majiffy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 629, ProHawk wrote:
Re: 625 - Who cares if you "claimed" town? You are by no means confirmed and have provided us with little to base reads on. If scum is smart you will live a long and fruitful life until we lynch you, you improve your play, or we win. I am not even going to go down the road of explaining why keeping you around to LYLO with your current play is certain death for us.

Levi, are you afraid to call people scum, point out scum tells & vote for them?

Did you or your scum buddy get lynched in your scum game?

The goal is to discover the "scum thinking" in people's posts. It won't be as obvious as saying "I am scum" but things that indirectly say the same thing. Your reads post #628 is no improvement at all because you have everyone listed as town or null. Granted this game is more difficult than your standard newbie game as most players are experienced in this thread but you need to upgrade your honesty, aggression & confidence levels to the point where you can effectively scum hunt.

Posting a full game of town reads means you are doing it wrong.

What games do you enjoy playing besides Mafia?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

1) Mollie somewhat disagrees with ProHawk

1. disagreeing has nothing to do with the read anyone could have possibly disagreed but i give her points for an honest challenge of you from her side
2) Mollie gets into a post game discussion with Majiffy over meta.

2. a pointless addition to this thing. it is just her bringing her outside information for her argument.
3) Mollie uses meta cases on players she knows well.

3. I would say this helps her point to you and is a good thing to bring up. meta can be used on experienced players, not newbs like me who don't have a meta yet and are "prone to mistakes" as you experienced players often put it. I think thats town points.
4) Sometimes Mollie's only tool is meta due to players consistently playing scummy

4. This again is information that i feel gives her town points for me. she is trying to say the consistency of scumminess causes her to look at meta in players. a scumhunting tactic i'd say.
5) Mollie says people who are new or suck at meta should not use it.

5. again, I personally agree with this. I am a noob and i don't use other players meta because i highly don't i would use it correctly and make too many mistakes. though completely logical and almost obvious. id say another town thing.
6) Mollie agrees with Prohawk that meta cases alone are pretty weak.

6. and agreement was found. you both agree on something that i feel makes perfect sense. town. for the most part. could be playing along, but i still disagree. she is being consistent here.
7) Mollie says you need a reputation in order for people to listen to you.

7. a valid point she states. I'm playing with a character named thor in another game and he is IC and i'd say VERY experienced. I listen to him, but and I feel no one listens to me in most games because i'm a noob. town points
8) Mollie feels that night kill analysis is a meta thing.

8. It can be. scum may want to go for the most skillful player who could possibly find out who they are. there are other factors too of course. town points.
9) Mollie's town read on Mantis is 100% meta.

9. that is her own personal opinion or feeling. how can you disagree with this? are you saying shes lying? shes trying to be helpful and not necessarily accuse him since she points out that meta alone is not really all that valid. town points
10) Mollie doesn't fully understand Mantis' hardcore wk (work?) of Adam.

10. and should she? if she doesn't understand maybe she should ask. but she still states she doesn't. is that scummy or town. i see null but i'm still leaning more town.
11) Mollie feels that Mantis often sees things she doesn't.

11. this could be an observation and is she right? maybe. again. its a statement i feel. nothing naturally scummy about it. is it town. at least she is putting information out there. which I always see as a town thing.
12) Mollie believes that Mantis' posts feel genuine.

12. that is her read so far. if only based on meta or what. neither scum nor town.
13) Mollie understands why her meta case on Mantis looks suspicious to others.

13. she stated that meta wasn't enough so she understands her own fall. could be a smart play or an honesty play. both. but i lean town.
14) Mollie wins more games as town by finding town rather than just finding scum.

14. that is a strategy and if it has helped her win then good for her. apparently it works. just a thought that could possibly help town in this game. town points.
15) Prohawk causes nervous feelings in Mollie because she doesn't know what he is capable of as scum.

15. more opinion. I see it as honest opinion. she wants to get it out there what she feels so other innocent people can take a look into it and possibly back her up. town points.
16) Mollie feels with a barometer of ProHawk's scum game he would be easier to read.

16. if she knows your meta as scum it may help her decide what you are in this game. that is helpful information for all the time. town points.
17) Mollie refuses to read ProHawk's scum game.

17. could be laziness. or scumminess. more scumminess then town though. no town points
18) Mollie reaction tests in a different way.

18. who cares if someone reaction tests in a different way. if they are trying to help town its trying to help town. points for trying at least.
19) Mollie shifts ProHawk to her town list but for reasons ProHawk might not understand.

19. don't really know what "reasons he might not understand" means. don't know what to think of this one.
20) Mollie self claims a lateral thinker.

20. she feels what she feels. anyone want to argue with that? no points added.

This post was
impossible
to properly analyze without falling into vertigo. Re-posting so I can freaking at least read and understand it. Suffice it to say that much wishy-washy non-conclusive thoughts are to be found from Levi here...
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 649, guille2015 wrote:
In post 449, ProHawk wrote:Anyone else notice how he managed to make it all the way to L-1, with my voicings of impending doom causing the not so innocent to lash out in anger and he fails to even mention anything about it?

I did not think it was necessary at the time. My post at the time concentrated on Adam and Mantis who were voting me. Everyone else, I had no suspicion at the moment, (Hawk and Levi). I had the sense that it was a town driven wagon and found I had nothing else to add that wasn't already said.

In post 650, guille2015 wrote:
I had that saved. Wanted to post it after everyone said something and then forgot.

@Guille: Could you please post how the bolded makes sense in relation to the post immediately before it (sequentially previous by post count)? I am not able to make sense out of the bolded.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

@Levi: Is English your first language?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by Malakittens »

What is the bloody point of asking him what other games he likes?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 763, Adam-12 wrote:What games do you enjoy playing besides Mafia?

I like Monopoly, Risk, Hearts, Mah Jong, Solitaire, and long walks on the beach.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Lul.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Mala, why I am I getting the feeling that school is
not
in your way at the moment?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Because I just finished for the night and I'm going to update here and then go watch Breaking Dawn #1.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 771, Malakittens wrote:and then go watch Breaking Dawn #1.

Searching for a replacement for Malakittens.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by Malakittens »

>_>
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Majiffy »

:P

||

Return to “Completed Open Games”