Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 623, Yosarian2 wrote:Ah, I see Voidedmafia did, in fact, hurt PeregrineV yesterday afternoon. That makes his continued chainsaw defense of him even more baffling.

Chainsaw defense? I find some of your actions suspect. Why does that mean I'm automatically chainsaw defending?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 625, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 623, Yosarian2 wrote:Ah, I see Voidedmafia did, in fact, hurt PeregrineV yesterday afternoon. That makes his continued chainsaw defense of him even more baffling.

Chainsaw defense? I find some of your actions suspect. Why does that mean I'm automatically chainsaw defending?

(shrug) It appears that you are attacking me for hurting PeregirneV. You have not really been able to explain why you have a problem with me doing that, at least not in any way that makes sense, and I find that especally odd since you were voting for him at the time.

So, yeah, if you can offer some other explanation for your actions, that would be good. At the moment, if PeregirneV flips scum, you are going to be high on my suspect list, because it looks to me like you were both distancing from him and trying to deter people from killing him at the same time.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 626, Yosarian2 wrote:

(shrug) It appears that you are attacking me for hurting PeregirneV.

Well...if you recall, I got on you because I thought you were hurting him without the prerequisite 5 votes. I won't deny that "hurting PV" hasn't been part of my angle, but that phrase isn't the entire thing.

You have not really been able to explain why you have a problem with me doing that, at least not in any way that makes sense, and I find that especally odd since you were voting for him at the time.

Answered above. Also, I'll probably have to refresh myself on what exactly I disliked, but I feel like the other parts weren't directly related to you hurting PV.

because it looks to me like you were both distancing from him and trying to deter people from killing him at the same time.

I'm voting and hurting him, but at the same time I'm trying to stop people from hurting him? Do you not see how convoluted that sounds if I'm scum trying to bus/distance PV? Also, even if that's the case, so far I've only objected to you hurting PV and not anyone else; if your explanation here is in any way true, why just attack you and not everyone else?

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 627, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 626, Yosarian2 wrote:

(shrug) It appears that you are attacking me for hurting PeregirneV.

Well...if you recall, I got on you because I thought you were hurting him without the prerequisite 5 votes. I won't deny that "hurting PV" hasn't been part of my angle, but that phrase isn't the entire thing.

You have not really been able to explain why you have a problem with me doing that, at least not in any way that makes sense, and I find that especally odd since you were voting for him at the time.

Answered above. Also, I'll probably have to refresh myself on what exactly I disliked, but I feel like the other parts weren't directly related to you hurting PV.

because it looks to me like you were both distancing from him and trying to deter people from killing him at the same time.

I'm voting and hurting him, but at the same time I'm trying to stop people from hurting him? Do you not see how convoluted that sounds if I'm scum trying to bus/distance PV? Also, even if that's the case, so far I've only objected to you hurting PV and not anyone else; if your explanation here is in any way true, why just attack you and not everyone else?

From my PoV, this was what happened:

1.I put PV at 5 votes, and hurt him

2. You attacked me for hurting him, claiming he wasn't at 5 votes.

3. I pointed out you were wrong.

4. You gave this oddly reluctant agreement ("Eh...I guess..."). For some reason you seemed unwilling to commit to more then that. And the tone seems odd, if you were, in fact, in support of the PV wagon/

5. You eventually gave in and hurt PV, several hours later.

6. However, you continued to attack me, giving no new reasons since #2

If you had some other reason for suspecting me, or some other justification for your behavior, I'd be interested to hear it. As it is now, your behavior looks suspicious to me, especially so if PV flips scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Why are you still attacking Yos? The 5 votes issue you keep bringing up makes no sense at all.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

I'm...not?

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Well, to be more correct, I need to refresh myself as to why Yos felt bad to me. I said that already. If you want to label it as a "wait-and-see" kind of thing, that's fine (cuz it kinda is), but I'm not attacking him right now.

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by Tierce »

Pseudo Votecount 1.9

(5)
PeregrineV
- Tierce, quadz08, Kinetic, Voidedmafia, Yosarian2
(2)
MattP
- Xalxe, Albert B. Rampage
(1)
Yosarian2
- PeregrineV

(5)
Not voting
- kanyeknowsbest, scooby, MattP, Lady Lambdadelta, Zdenek

Let me know if there are any mistakes.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

PeregrineV snarls and spits defiance, reeling with the blows but throwing back spite and venom in equal amounts to any of you. The problem is, he is outnumbered, knows it, and is impotent against his hate of the fact. His swipe at Kinetic breezes past without effect. When Tierce's next blow lands, he stumbles and utters "¢ҩ¢ʎᴤʉ¢ʎξԓ!" with a low and clear voice, then collapses to the ground in a bubbling, oily heap which bursts briefly into Stygian fire. The flames gutter low, and when the ooze burns away, only his sigil remains.

Duke Berith, Great Demon of Hell, has been slain.

First Damage Tally of Epoch II:

• Kinetic
    has taken 1 damage.
  • kanyeknowsbest
    MattP
    quadz08
    Tierce
    Zdenek
    Yosarian2
    Xalxe
    Voidedmafia
    Lady Lambdadelta
    scooby
    and
    Albert B. Rampage
    are all at their default HP after giving and receiving 1 Heal apiece.
Kinetic and Yosarian's actions are unspent.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

So...no heal on Kinetic, Albert?

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Post by quadz08 »

In post 617, Zdenek wrote:
large post about Kinetic

In post 619, Kinetic wrote:HURT: PV

Yeah uhhh

that doesn't look real good Kinetic. Wanna splain why you didn't respond to this even a little tiny bit?

Also, Yos/voided stuff. I'm of the opinion that yos is overreacting slightly to voided's tone (as opposed to reading his intent), but the fact that voided still hasn't really backed off from Yos does make me question that opinions. :thumbsup:
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

im just about caught up. ill finish and summarize my thoughts on the game 2morrow afternoon yall. apologies again :x
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In post 635, quadz08 wrote:
In post 617, Zdenek wrote:
large post about Kinetic

In post 619, Kinetic wrote:HURT: PV

Yeah uhhh

that doesn't look real good Kinetic. Wanna splain why you didn't respond to this even a little tiny bit?

Also, Yos/voided stuff. I'm of the opinion that yos is overreacting slightly to voided's tone (as opposed to reading his intent), but the fact that voided still hasn't really backed off from Yos does make me question that opinions. :thumbsup:

Because I didn't read it, sent that post from my bed while still asleep, and I'm basically studying all day and night for a huge final exam on thursday and a paper due.... tomorrow.

Apologies, my attention is not 100% here right now. Also, Zd is scum. When I get some time I'll respond and make a big post, I've been thinking about something and that PV flip is making me rethink some things...
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Fair enough.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Exams coming up, a little behind. I'll post more asap.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:08 am

Post by Zdenek »

Yosarian's pattern of votes and his reasons for them is really bothering me now.

His first stated suspicion was on me of OMGUS after Kinetic, Quadz and kdowns had stated their suspicions of me.

His second was on MattP, also for OMGUS, after Tierce, LLD and kdowns had stated their suspicions of him.

Next he votes ABR for not posting.

Next voted PeregrineV, for shooting back at Kinetic because shooting back is a pretty solid scum tell, this was after several people had suggested their suspicions of Peregrine.

Most recently he's been going after Voided for chainsaw defending Peregrine.

His votes on Me, MattP and Peregrine were votes on popular wagons.

His reasons for his votes on me and Matt and for his suspicion on Voided are all weak/boilerplate scum tells.

I also read Voided's concern about Yosarian showing up, putting the fifth vote on Peregrine and then hurting him as quite natural in the context of his earlier comments about wanting to raise the number of votes required to start hurting.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:07 am

Post by MattP »

I am going to make a statement right now that I have the most important midterm of this semester on Friday and therefore I am INCREDIBLY limited access until then. Thank you for your understanding.
SlappyKrust
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 641, MattP wrote:
I am going to make a statement right now that I have the most important midterm of this semester on Friday and therefore I am INCREDIBLY limited access until then. Thank you for your understanding.

Good luck!

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Kinetic »

In post 633, Mr. Flay wrote:
PeregrineV snarls and spits defiance, reeling with the blows but throwing back spite and venom in equal amounts to any of you. The problem is, he is outnumbered, knows it, and is impotent against his hate of the fact. His swipe at Kinetic breezes past without effect. When Tierce's next blow lands, he stumbles and utters "¢ҩ¢ʎᴤʉ¢ʎξԓ!" with a low and clear voice, then collapses to the ground in a bubbling, oily heap which bursts briefly into Stygian fire. The flames gutter low, and when the ooze burns away, only his sigil remains.

Duke Berith, Great Demon of Hell, has been slain.

First Damage Tally of Epoch II:

• Kinetic
    has taken 1 damage.
  • kanyeknowsbest
    MattP
    quadz08
    Tierce
    Zdenek
    Yosarian2
    Xalxe
    Voidedmafia
    Lady Lambdadelta
    scooby
    and
    Albert B. Rampage
    are all at their default HP after giving and receiving 1 Heal apiece.
Kinetic and Yosarian's actions are unspent.

Wait... wtf. Why did Peregrine's second attack not him me? Interesting...

Large post incoming. I'm going to assume the reason I wasn't hurt was because of someone intervening, thank you. And if that's the case, I think I found scum. If there is another reason, well, I still think I found scum. Stay tuned.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 am

Post by quadz08 »

Somebody who is lurky/scummy needs to heal Kinetic. Matt/LLD/scooby/ABR are all valid choices as of now, but I do want to re-read based on PV's flip and see if I can find anything.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 am

Post by Kinetic »

People who hurt PV:
Tierce (3 points)
Kinetic (2 points)
quadz (2 points)
voided (2 points)
Yos (1 point)
Xalxe (1 point)

Both Kinetic and Yos attempted to hurt PV again, but he was already dead before those hurts resolved.

People who didn't hurt PV:
Albert B. Rampage
kanyeknowsbest
Lady Lambdadelta
MattP
scooby
Zdenek

FOS
Zd, LLD, MattP

All three expressed clear willingness to push the Peregrine V kill, but then backed off when the hurting began. Neither of them hurt PV, despite bring around when the hurting began.
In post 297, Zdenek wrote:
In post 273, Kinetic wrote:How does claiming simply when you use rage out power roles?

So you've expressed suspicion of me over our disagreement over strategy, and it turns out that you've been ignoring my posts on the matter. Colour me surprised.
In post 64, Zdenek wrote:When making the decision about claiming rage, we should keep in mind the possibility of power roles like the ophans of last game, which may noit accumulate rage at the same rate as others, or stronger roles that accumulate it faster. If there are these roles in the game, they could be outed quickly if we start mass-claiming rage.

Ophans additionally could be outed because of, for instance, a reluctance to use rage.

The case on Matt, while it had reasonable beginnings, has become somewhat unbelievable. For purely wifom reasons, I think he's probably town, so I guess I don't care if you want to kill him, but I'm looking elsewhere.

I don't understand the town reads on Kinetic at all, but there's more scum in the game.

Vote: PeregrineV

There's a reason . . . .

In post 445, Zdenek wrote:
unvote: PV

I have to read, and don't want him dead before then.

Three days later, AFTER the hurting begins, suddenly your "reason" has evaporated and you distance yourself from the wagon. What was your reason for voting him, pray tell?

In post 347, MattP wrote:Actually, promise me you will seriously consider my case. And I want Xalxe to die next. And then LLD and then PV. I know you won't agree on LLD but I want those three dead before final 7 no fucking question

In post 394, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Also, I'm down with this. Wanted PV dead from the minute he was posting those votecount shenanigans.

Vote: PV

With PV's town flip, these fence sitters now look quite a bit like scum trying to express "support" for killing PV, while at the same time distancing themselves from any actual involvement. This is a bad thing in this game for the single point that once PV started shooting he became a threat to everyone because of his recklessness. These three directly facilitated PV's ability to continue hurting. If they had helped kill him, PV would never have gotten a second shot off. It is irrelevant that the second shot for some reason failed, because they couldn't have known that was going to happen. Their actions are scummy.

Major FOS
: Xalxe

I separated Xalxe off because he may have been the scummiest of all the "wagon sitters". Xalxe first mentioned his preference for the kill very early:

In post 440, Xalxe wrote:
In post 438, Kinetic wrote:At first, yes. But as we've had time to see it, and PV has responded, I feel much more comfortable in it. The 5 came quickly, but they've been building up for a while. And in a way, LLD is 6, so we have 6 players who are ok with hurting our dear scum.

Make it 6.5; the speed makes me balk but as I said, Matt and PV are scum 1 and scum 2.

(this is me not hurting yet until my #3 is addressed)

This was 6 posts and 3 minutes after the first hurt. Perhaps his not hurting PV at this point can be forgiven, for now...

But in the time between the first hurt (Nov. 30: 2:49 PM) until his first hurt (December 2: 12:07 PM) is just under 2 days. PeregrineV made his second hurt was at December 2 at 4:58 AM. Had Xalxe hurt PV before that time, and either one other person, or if he had hurt PV before the end of the day on Nov. 30 and again on December 1st, he could have prevented the second hurt from PV. The fact that for some reason PV didn't hurt me is irrelevant. Xalxe waited for as long as possible to hurt to allow PV as much time to attack me, and then when PV's death was assured at the last minute he jumped in with the second to last hurt.

If scum DO get rage for being on a town kill, Xalxe's play and timing of his hurt is pretty much completely damning.

Unvote; Vote Xalxe
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:42 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh yeah Kinetic? Well take this!

HEAL: Kinetic

I think that brings you back up.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:43 am

I don't mind healing Kinetic but should I wait until I accumulate back my health to 1 above the Max? Anyone? Yes? No?

Also, I would have hurt PV but someone asked for no one else to hurt PV incase scum get stuff for being on a wagon or something? I was skimming because exams but I seem to recall reading that and I didn't have a problem with it.

P-Edit: God Dammit Xalxe, do you even read :(

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 am

Post by Xalxe »

Yes I read? Sorry for healing him?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:46 am

In post 648, Xalxe wrote:Yes I read? Sorry for healing him?

It accomplishes nothing because now you drop to where he would have been due to the healing rules as I understand them (you only regain 1 within the time frame even if you heal multiple times)?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”