Open 465 - Wot's... Uh the Deal? (Game Over! Town Win!)

Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

Its a disease that is also commonly associated with tunneling.

Vote Count

Adam-12 (L-3): Shrimp85, Guile
Prohawk (L-3): Malakittens, Pirate Mollie
Guile (L-2): Adam-12
Code-X (L-4): Leviathan93
Pirate Mollie (L-4): ProHawk

Not Voting: Code-X, Mantisdreamz

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is Monday, December 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM EST
Last edited by Majiffy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

few things i have wanted to comment on...

Levi

In post 31, leviathan93 wrote:
mafia talk time? they can do that?
I thought you could only do that during a night thing.
and go where mollie? hasn't the game just started?
as for being on the sight, I'm always on the sight or at least I always have the sight on tab on my computer even if i'm sleeping. that way its easy access to follow my games and see who post what and I can be updated faster and respond quicker.

and i think that Shrimp kind of had the right point here, when he said:
In post 142, Shrimp85 wrote:
Leviathan93 wrote:mafia talk time? they can do that? I thought you could only do that during a night thing. and go where mollie?

I understand that this can be seen as a response from a true townie, but this can just as easily be scum pretending not to know. (or even actually not knowing, he is new.)
The whole "go where mollie?" Is also pretty ridiculous... It's obvious Pirate Mollie did not mean to go to a certain location or anything.
To me it seems more like a noob claim.

^I was looking at the first post and thinking that it might be noob scum going overboard with appearing noob and asking just a whole bunch of questions (i bolded them)

In post 37, leviathan93 wrote:@adam, I appreciate that. =)

and I agree with adam, I did not feel like Mala was being sarcastic towards me in voting me for not confirming when I should of. she felt like it was something scum would do possibly from her experience in playing the game.
though, I will say it was an innocent misunderstanding on her part
, because I know my reason for acting the way I did and stated it for y'all to see.

^my bold. leviathan... why do you assume that it is an innocent misunderstanding on Mala's part? You don't think she could be scum trying to paint you under a bad light? Are you scum, and know that she is town?

In post 55, leviathan93 wrote:how are we out of the RVS stage? I have no idea who I want to lynch yet. but I will state what I believe from what we have.

Mala seems an adamant experienced scumhunter.
Adam seems to be innocent
Prohawk intimidates me but I have nothing
Shrimp just seems to be plain wrong about stuff

mollie seems to just jump on someone elses decision.
leviathan I state I am plain white townie.

This is my analysis.
[/quote]
^bolded. At this point, Shrimp had voted pirate mollie. Did you know that she was innocent, hence why you say he's wrong? or i guess he was also wrong about reading Mala's post as sarcastic as opposed to serious. But coule you expand on all of this?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 274, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 272, Mantisdreamz wrote:also, why exactly is it no good to talk about potential pairings?

It is really tinfoil hat without some flips (specifically scum flips). It creates a false sense of certainty and moves the scum hunting analysis into the realm of "pairings" which is deceitful. Its wine you don't wanna drink until you have something solid to go off of (scum flips).

we all know that it is wine in front of us. But i don't think it hurts to speculate right now.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 270, Adam-12 wrote:

I have noticed some shifting regarding Mala's posting. I am still processing it all and am not sure what to think at this point.

could you try to explain?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Nice try Mantis

Long Posts
equal
Town.
Shots Posts
equal
Scum.

You will most likely not see walls come from me unless we make it to lylo and it is necessary to fish out the last scumbag. Regarding being riled, lead a wagon on me to L-1 and you will see me riled at the rest of my town buddies' foolish blindness.

@Mala - No Intent, Nor Desire oh astute one. You along with Mollie fell into my trap - try not to be too befuddled.

@Rest -

Does anyone
not
see the fishiness in Molly?

She won't put any heat back on me for catching her scumminess early on (in fact she tries to buddy up), until she gets something that she has backup on (Mala) and that appears scummy at first glance?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 277, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 272, Mantisdreamz wrote:also, why exactly is it no good to talk about potential pairings?

It is really tinfoil hat without some flips (specifically scum flips). It creates a false sense of certainty and moves the scum hunting analysis into the realm of "pairings" which is deceitful. Its wine you don't wanna drink until you have something solid to go off of (scum flips).

we all know that it is wine in front of us. But i don't think it hurts to speculate right now.

Speculating in private is fine if you want to but posting about it will affect public mindset and thus potentially votes and that's anti-town.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 278, Mantisdreamz wrote:

I have noticed some shifting regarding Mala's posting. I am still processing it all and am not sure what to think at this point.

Well there some issues on the table but I am working through it as we speak. I think Mollie noticed the change too. I'm 4 pages back atm. I will update when I'm done. ;)
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 279, ProHawk wrote:Nice try Mantis

Long Posts
equal
Town.
Shots Posts
equal
Scum.

You will most likely not see walls come from me unless we make it to lylo and it is necessary to fish out the last scumbag. Regarding being riled, lead a wagon on me to L-1 and you will see me riled at the rest of my town buddies' foolish blindness.

@Mala - No Intent, Nor Desire oh astute one. You along with Mollie fell into my trap - try not to be too befuddled.

@Rest -

Does anyone
not
see the fishiness in Molly?

She won't put any heat back on me for catching her scumminess early on (in fact she tries to buddy up), until she gets something that she has backup on (Mala) and that appears scummy at first glance?

hmmm
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 280, Adam-12 wrote:

Speculating in private is fine if you want to but posting about it will affect public mindset and thus potentially votes and that's anti-town.

but you've said that it will create a false sense of security. But just because you say that, i don;'t see how it will create that. how is it much different from stating your scum reads and who you think could be certain scum?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 281, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 278, Mantisdreamz wrote:

Well there some issues on the table but I am working through it as we speak. I think Mollie noticed the change too. I'm 4 pages back atm. I will update when I'm done. ;)

sounds good. :nerd:
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Looking forward to it. Then I can discuss it.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 283, Mantisdreamz wrote:

but you've said that it will create a false sense of security. But just because you say that, i don;'t see how it will create that. how is it much different from stating your scum reads and who you think could be certain scum?

The problem is we don't have flips and are uncertain of alignments. Using "pairing" to scum hunt without scum flips is a false scum hunting technique; its illusory. Scum hunting is based on scum tells by individuals, when the individual actually flips scum then its safe to hunt by pairings.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

Hunting by pairings is like eating donuts, you get a quick high but ultimately no nutrition and a sugar/carb crash. Individual scum tells are the meat and potatoes of scum hunting. ;)
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 286, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 283, Mantisdreamz wrote:

The problem is we don't have flips and are uncertain of alignments. Using "pairing" to scum hunt without scum flips is a false scum hunting technique; its illusory. Scum hunting is based on scum tells by individuals, when the individual actually flips scum then its safe to hunt by pairings.

yes but it also gives you the chance to step back and see who has interacted with who. for example, i would say that you and shrimp are not scum together. someone may also say that mollie and i aren't scum together.

i'm not going to argue it though, i think i can see somewhat what you mean.. in that, it's best to just focus on one person at a time... and being that that can even be difficult in itself (to find one scum).. that it's even more wifom to look for 2 at once.

but still it's still good to look at who has kept a distance from one another.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 287, Adam-12 wrote:Hunting by pairings is like eating donuts, you get a quick high but ultimately no nutrition and a sugar/carb crash. Individual scum tells are the meat and potatoes of scum hunting. ;)

that doesn't even make sense! you just thought it sounded good to say it. :mrgreen:
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 237, Malakittens wrote:Why?

Null means you have no read on them. If they don't post how can you actually have an accurate read on them?

We do have a read on Guille. He actively lurked through RVS (while posting elsewhere) and skimmed 10 pages of content with a single post. I don't think that's null at all.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 289, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 287, Adam-12 wrote:Hunting by pairings is like eating donuts, you get a quick high but ultimately no nutrition and a sugar/carb crash. Individual scum tells are the meat and potatoes of scum hunting. ;)

that doesn't even make sense! you just thought it sounded good to say it. :mrgreen:

Actually I am a big fan of metaphors. But eat donuts if you like. :)
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Post by Malakittens »

*we*?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

Yes every player has ostensibly view these actions with their own eyes, therefore "we".
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Also you are quite wrong about Guille.

He was not present during RVS time. He posted in our game first followed by another game. Then he did a mod update and went away. I don't see that as actively lurking.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 253, Malakittens wrote:Going to nitpick a bit here. Which is amazingly uncanny for me.

I think you have wayyyy to many innocent reads or gut feels to be exact.

The only two scum reads that you have are because they either posted once or not at all. >.>

ProHawk isn't acting totally innocent to me, but he's acting scummy. He wanted to get Guille a hammer on him without allowing Guille to explain or even having CodeX post his reads or views on any material. To me finding connections based off one post is hard depending on whether or not Codex or Guille were to flip scum.

Plus to label someone "scum" only because you have too many innocent reads isn't that good. It comes off as a "forced" feeling.

^Adam, you are trying to go head-to-head with a professional site tracker here...
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

He did not participate in RVS at all and definitely posted elsewhere but not in this thread; I even made a comment about it at the time I noticed it.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by ProHawk »

EBWOP: That quote should not have been in there.... please disregard.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 295, ProHawk wrote:
In post 253, Malakittens wrote:Going to nitpick a bit here. Which is amazingly uncanny for me.

I think you have wayyyy to many innocent reads or gut feels to be exact.

The only two scum reads that you have are because they either posted once or not at all. >.>

ProHawk isn't acting totally innocent to me, but he's acting scummy. He wanted to get Guille a hammer on him without allowing Guille to explain or even having CodeX post his reads or views on any material. To me finding connections based off one post is hard depending on whether or not Codex or Guille were to flip scum.

Plus to label someone "scum" only because you have too many innocent reads isn't that good. It comes off as a "forced" feeling.

^Adam, you are trying to go head-to-head with a professional site tracker here...

Well that's good and fine but Guille needs to step it up just the same.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by Malakittens »

We started RVS at 1:15 PM est Monday 26th.

He did not post until Tuesday, 27th at 8:30am, which was his first post then followed by another post on this game 2 minutes after.
He then posted less than 30 minutes on another game which was then followed by a prod on a player in a game where he's modding.

His first three posts today was his modding duties again on the game. Followed by his two posts here.

You are litterally grasping at straws here to call him active lurking man.

Return to “Completed Open Games”