Open 465 - Wot's... Uh the Deal? (Game Over! Town Win!)

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:06 am

Post by pirate mollie »

mantis have you looked at any pairings. this is something that I really didn't have much experience with cos most of the games we play are larger but in the couple of completed games on here it was interesting to go back and see the relationship between the 2 scum. it was really interesting in the newb game.

not sure cos I am still trying to figure out if bussing is a huge thing on this site cos of the style of how people are lynched. would someone bus their teammate in order to gain town cred on d1 and then play the game like an indie? I dunno. I could see them fosing them even voting for them but not pushing their lynch but then in my newb game I let scum slide cos of this very same thinking. well that and cos majiffy was retarded enough to give them a town read when I was questioning them right before he died.

Vote Count

Adam-12 (L-3): Shrimp85, Guile
Prohawk (L-3): Malakittens, Pirate Mollie
Guile (L-2): Adam-12, ProHawk, Leviathan

Not Voting: Code

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is Monday, December 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM EST
Last edited by Majiffy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:25 am

Post by pirate mollie »

something adam said that did stick out. it was the post where he said he thought that I would be calm and collected as scum. mantis that is why I got paranoid about you (and I still might again) cos that is the difference between my town game and scum game so I was trying to figure how he would know that. I have not melted down on this site at all really, the only time melted down as scum was when I retardedly bussed my scummate and d2 mu other scummates pushed for my lynch only to wind up dead by like d3 or 4. the self vote was for realz cos I knew I had no chance against a wall of spehuls, 2 indie blockers and encyclopedia gandalf who knew every aspect of the flavour of the game. how did he know that.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:32 am

Post by leviathan93 »

UNVOTE: I am going to update my scumlist/townie list. This is just my gut reads. something simple.

Mala: innocent
adam: innocent
shrimp: innocent
me: innocent
hawk:innocentish
guille:not innocent
codex:nothing, but since everyone else seems innocent. scum
mollie:innocent
mantis:innocentish

VOTE: codex
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:47 am

Post by Malakittens »

Going to nitpick a bit here. Which is amazingly uncanny for me.

I think you have wayyyy to many innocent reads or gut feels to be exact.

The only two scum reads that you have are because they either posted once or not at all. >.>

ProHawk isn't acting totally innocent to me, but he's acting scummy. He wanted to get Guille a hammer on him without allowing Guille to explain or even having CodeX post his reads or views on any material. To me finding connections based off one post is hard depending on whether or not Codex or Guille were to flip scum.

Plus to label someone "scum" only because you have too many innocent reads isn't that good. It comes off as a "forced" feeling.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:55 am

Post by guille2015 »

I'll be responding soon. Please stand by.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 am

Post by leviathan93 »

then fine. The two least town of the town reads I have would be prohawk and mantis. as my possible seeing as scum.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:16 am

Post by guille2015 »

I'm running out of time at the office, and I have to leave soon. I'll post the most relevant things in this post and first thing tomorrow morning I'll give a full read on My scum suspects.

In post 173, Adam-12 wrote:Guille -- One post. He has obviously misunderstood my method of scum hunting; blanket labeling questions as "scum loaded" is too easy. Has a scum read on Mollie?? I think its clear he has simply skimmed this thread. We definitely need to see more content from him than this.
First off, you seem to be labeling anyone who posts infrequently as scummy. Do consider that some of us do not have the ability to check and post 24/7. As a matter of fact I have posted every day since the game started. You are not the only one who thinks this way though. Mala has pointed this out several times.

About your question thing. Obviously, the problem is not that you are asking questions. The problem is that the questions are Loaded Questions. I will elaborate more on this tomorrow. My scum read on Mollie is gut really. However, reading on the following pages makes me think that a Adam/Mollie scum team is unlikely.

On # leviathan is concerned with the inactive players. calling them lurkers. I remind everyone that being inactive and being scum are not correlated. It is a fair point to start from because scum want the games to be slow paced and with little attention as possible. So, considering the inactive players and prodding for activity is a good way to access scum. However, I think that you have better reads in this list than going for the "lurker". Curious though, since I find that your list is lack luster and only contains assumptions that everyone but the people who haven't posted are town.

Mantis vote on me in # is bad. She points out misinformation in #, and even after mentioning me as scum several times, she doesn't vote until #, with a vote on Mollie in between.

In post 217, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 213, Mantisdreamz wrote:molly, what are your thoughts on guille?

guille is moving with the herd and it depends on who you think is scummy.

look at who will be feeding this shit right now.
I don't think that actually answers Mantis Questions.

And finally for today, so that I can leave and do some other stuff. The last two posts by Leviathan are just bad. But Mala pretty much covers it.

Mala is town.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Ahh wonderful. So which one of you had the scummiest response to...
In post 242, ProHawk wrote:
So on that note....
Guille
any last words before the blacksmith hammers your head in?

Mala... just kinda pissed off at the speed of things.
Molly, now #244 combined with #247 are great.
Shrimp... just trying to sort things through as usual - ObvTown

In other words, who decided to take that line and twist it to make a case against a townie while attempting to gain town-cred all at the same time? You know who I think it is, buut I will let you decide.

For the record the blacksmith
equal
ProHawk. And I had no intent to hammer.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pirate Molly

The winner Molly it is. PS - the only reason Shrimp and I make a cute couple is cause we are both ObvTown!

Guille, can't wait to see who your vote lands on tonight.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 243, Malakittens wrote:Are you guys fucking serious?

He posted once and you are all ready to hammer him? Either he's seriously town and everyone's about to quicklynch him or he's scum with his partner seriously bussing his ass. I'm not convinced of the latter.

Hold your damn horses and wait for codeX to post reads.

I don't like this post.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 250, pirate mollie wrote:mantis have you looked at any pairings. this is something that I really didn't have much experience with cos most of the games we play are larger but in the couple of completed games on here it was interesting to go back and see the relationship between the 2 scum. it was really interesting in the newb game.

not sure cos I am still trying to figure out if bussing is a huge thing on this site cos of the style of how people are lynched. would someone bus their teammate in order to gain town cred on d1 and then play the game like an indie? I dunno. I could see them fosing them even voting for them but not pushing their lynch but then in my newb game I let scum slide cos of this very same thinking. well that and cos majiffy was retarded enough to give them a town read when I was questioning them right before he died.

Working publicly on pairings before there are any flips is anti-town just as an FYI. Generally it devolves into setting up chain lynches.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Lol.

Adam? Why don't you like that post? Was it the cursing?

No duh ProHawk you couldn't hammer him because you were voting for him.

Guille love, I didn't suspect people because thy are inactive. I clearly state that they are null because no read can be made on them. -_-
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 256, guille2015 wrote:

In post 173, Adam-12 wrote:Guille -- One post. He has obviously misunderstood my method of scum hunting; blanket labeling questions as "scum loaded" is too easy. Has a scum read on Mollie?? I think its clear he has simply skimmed this thread. We definitely need to see more content from him than this.
First off, you seem to be labeling anyone who posts infrequently as scummy. Do consider that some of us do not have the ability to check and post 24/7. As a matter of fact I have posted every day since the game started. You are not the only one who thinks this way though. Mala has pointed this out several times.

Well I notice that you skated by RVS and posted elsewhere but not here. Is that because of "limited access" too?

About your question thing. Obviously, the problem is not that you are asking questions. The problem is that the questions are Loaded Questions. I will elaborate more on this tomorrow.

That's fine. I stand by every single question I asked.

On # leviathan is concerned with the inactive players. calling them lurkers. I remind everyone that being inactive and being scum are not correlated. It is a fair point to start from because scum want the games to be slow paced and with little attention as possible. So, considering the inactive players and prodding for activity is a good way to access scum. However, I think that you have better reads in this list than going for the "lurker". Curious though, since I find that your list is lack luster and only contains assumptions that everyone but the people who haven't posted are town.

You didn't just lurk, you also did a drive-by post after a full 10 pages of activity, which becomes active-lurking which is entirely different and scummy.

Mantis vote on me in # is bad. She points out misinformation in #, and even after mentioning me as scum several times, she doesn't vote until #, with a vote on Mollie in between.

I think she was warranted on calling you scummy. What you have done so far IS scummy. Personally, I didn't find what she did regarding the error as scummy; just pursuing a valid scum suspect.

In post 217, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 213, Mantisdreamz wrote:molly, what are your thoughts on guille?

guille is moving with the herd and it depends on who you think is scummy.

look at who will be feeding this shit right now.
I don't think that actually answers Mantis Questions.

Here I must agree. That statement of Mollie's made me scratch my head too. I'd like to know what she meant.

And finally for today, so that I can leave and do some other stuff.

Hope to see you soon because you have some more posting to do.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 260, Malakittens wrote:Lol.

Adam? Why don't you like that post? Was it the cursing?

No duh ProHawk you couldn't hammer him because you were voting for him.

Guille love, I didn't suspect people because thy are inactive. I clearly state that they are null because no read can be made on them. -_-

I don't like interfering with pressure being applied to an active lurker, which is helpful to the game state.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 232, Adam-12 wrote:@Mantis: What is your take on Mollie at this point?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 176, Adam-12 wrote:Well I definitely disagree with the Mollie and Hawk reads from you Mala.

What do you think of Mollie's explanation regarding role PM case pushing?

Also, what do you think of how and why Hawk holds Shrimp as clearly town?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Dude, this is how Guille rolls. He's not scummy. I like to lurk as town as well, but just haven't been in a lurky mood.

She pushed it because she was asking about the flavor, which is another reason I didn't like prohawk's either.

If you think talking outloud about PM's in general something is wrong, seriously wrong.

Few things I hate and will think you are scummy for is:
1. Role fishing
2. Softclaims
3. Early claiming for no reason

All of these points above help scum figure out PRs.

I don't really like how he changed it so fast. .>.>
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 250, pirate mollie wrote:mantis have you looked at any pairings. this is something that I really didn't have much experience with cos most of the games we play are larger but in the couple of completed games on here it was interesting to go back and see the relationship between the 2 scum. it was really interesting in the newb game.

I get the feeling that busing is fairly common.

So you asking me about pairing prompted me to go back and do a re read. (by the way) - i saw that you said that I will probably go all weird on you, since you've tricked me as scum, probably the last 3 times you were scum. you saying that and recognizing that, actually makes me feel better about you. But, there's still a niggle.

Anyway, your question about pairings prompted me to go back for a full read.

if i were to say right now. I think Malakitten and Prohawk look like they could be a scum pair.

I've got a whole bunch of posts waiting in my browser that i want to comment on... so i'll post those very soon. warning, it will probably be a WOT.

I'll also say, i think Adam and Shrimp look very town to me. And i feel pretty certain about that. (hope i'm not wrong)

Mollie, i'm also, just got right now, going on the basis that you are town. Even if you are not, i'm still just going to blind myself right now... because, i know that i probably could very well get trolley tracked on you, even if it's not correct.

Also - yes, i know that i said Mala looked like town earlier because of the way she went about her case on Levi at the beginning. but .. who says scum can't do that?

actually, this post here.. your response to her. is similar to how i feel, after doing the full read: ( i bolded the part of yours that i agreed with
In post 172, Malakittens wrote:
In post 167, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 166, Malakittens wrote:#146I already asked them to stop the conversation regarding role PM's.

where did you do this?

thinking you are pretty disengaged despite my liking you intro into the game.

Why am I disengaged?

also, prohawk seems to be skirting along the edges too. posting short blurbs each time.

Adam and Shrimp, on the other hand,have been posting long ass posts. that seem like reactionary town to me.

This post of Adam's:
In post 135, Adam-12 wrote:Ok, based on all this posting from Shrimp I think his mindset is clear when he voted for Mollie and I think he really believed it. I can even support his vote, after a fashion.

When I ISO'ed what I thought was his sitewide posting history earlier I thought I found a condemning quote from him but upon going back to try and find it again, I can't find it. I had several pages open at the time and was also working. I'm not sure who the quote was actually from but its not from him.

This means my case on him has evaporated.

I'm sure someone will say something like, "Oh, look he votes you and you cave" or "The wagon dissipates and you hop off" but I really don't care. The most important thing is the integrity of my play.

I need to digest the recent flurry of posts and re-read the day to find a new direction.

Unvote

Seems very town to me.

I may as well add one more post here.

Molly, one of the reasons i was concerned about you, was because of this post:
In post 66, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 65, ProHawk wrote:Hey Mollie, did you forget that you are scum?

haha, not scum but good try so wtf do you make of the blacksmith bizness that malacat and levianthan were banging on about I am town it is not in my role pm nor does the term blacksmith indicate the flavour what are they talking about do you know?

Because .. we have the role pm's all listed there in the OP (or 3rd post or so of Majiffy's). nowhere does it mention blacksmith. So it seemed like you could have been trying to throw some extra suspicion around on Levi.. ***

*** i'll address this in my next post, that i'm not entirely certain Levi is town now, as much as i was before.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

@Mala: Ok those are interesting points about Blacksmith Gate but my query about Role PM case pushing was about the way the Hawk was voting for her which gave her an early town read on Hawk.

The speed of his switch I don't think is the issue which is why I asked "How and Why" he made the switch. Have you examined that?

I tend to agree with you on rolefishing btw. I have caught scum doing that.

You like to lurk?? That is anti-town at best. At this point Guille is active lurking and needs to continue to post content to rectify that. So far he has gotten a free pass for skipping RVS while posting elsewhere and scum-skimming a single post with 10 pages of content.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 263, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 232, Adam-12 wrote:@Mantis: What is your take on Mollie at this point?

i'm going to leave her alone right now, because i don't want my extra paranoia-suspicion, of her in her last few games (where she was scum), taint my read on her now.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

Adam off the top of your head, what is your opinion of Malakitten and Prohawk?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

Well first off, I don't think it is constructive to talk about pairings without flips and I think were better off not going down this road until at least D2.

But:

I have noticed some shifting regarding Mala's posting. I am still processing it all and am not sure what to think at this point.

I have not seen a single thing that Hawk as done that leads me to think he is scum as long as he keeps posting.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 270, Adam-12 wrote:Well first off, I don't think it is constructive to talk about pairings without flips and I think were better off not going down this road until at least D2.

But:

I have noticed some shifting regarding Mala's posting. I am still processing it all and am not sure what to think at this point.

I have not seen a single thing that Hawk as done that leads me to think he is scum as long as he keeps posting.

no, i felt that way with Pro Hawk too. but compared to everyone else (not including guille or code-x), he seems to be laying back and taking it easy. (not really getting overly riled)
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

also, why exactly is it no good to talk about potential pairings?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

Adam wrote:

guille wrote:Mantis vote on me in # is bad. She points out misinformation in #, and even after mentioning me as scum several times, she doesn't vote until #, with a vote on Mollie in between.

I think she was warranted on calling you scummy. What you have done so far IS scummy. Personally, I didn't find what she did regarding the error as scummy; just pursuing a valid scum suspect.

I did actually misread guille's post. in post 202.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 272, Mantisdreamz wrote:also, why exactly is it no good to talk about potential pairings?

It is really tinfoil hat without some flips (specifically scum flips). It creates a false sense of certainty and moves the scum hunting analysis into the realm of "pairings" which is deceitful. Its wine you don't wanna drink until you have something solid to go off of (scum flips).

Return to “Completed Open Games”