NY 160: Terrible Melodrama Mafia (Game Over)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:25 am

Post by Empking »

In post 449, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:PEdit: Empking, the same thing could be attributed to N / Toon / RC / Adorkable.

Undoubtedly at least one, and probably two, scum are in those five names. As I said, I've paid less attention to it than it deserves.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:30 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 449, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:UT, you're going to have to cope with me constantly being annoyed that you're probably town here because it just reminds me of your shit from Sedilla all over again.
it should be pretty clear by now that I'm playing a different game this time
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

and my point still stands that being annoyed at a strong associative read is a scummy response
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:50 am

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

In post 450, Empking wrote:Undoubtedly at least one, and probably two, scum are in those five names. As I said, I've paid less attention to it than it deserves.

Thought you were being sarcastic. You should take a look into Toon again (Plus look at our read on him in and ).

In post 451, Untrod Tripod wrote:it should be pretty clear by now that I'm playing a different game this time

I see little difference, you posted little to no content D1 and now are sitting on Empking for interactions with Doom that actually make him more likely town than scum. Plus the fact that the rest of his play is fairly damn townie. Also I don't care if you find my hatred of you scummy, it's unlikely to lessen.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 am

Post by Empking »

In post 453, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Thought you were being sarcastic. You should take a look into Toon again (Plus look at our read on him in Post 399 and Post 429).

I will. Also, how has your read on N changed with Piggy's flip?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:05 am

Piggy flipping town pretty much meant the whole trio of Toon / Piggy / N not working thing became irrelevant but Empire found something in Ns ISO that pointed against him being a Doom-partner. I think it was (?) but not certain if he was talking about Ns reaction towards Doom or Dooms question towards N or the overall interaction, I find the whole thing fairly weak but want to talk with him more about it and he can probably explain his thoughts better than I can - he's heading into a college lecture so he should be able to post in the next few hours. We really rushed over a bunch of people because he had to go.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:23 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 453, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:I see little difference, you posted little to no content D1 and now are sitting on Empking for interactions with Doom that actually make him more likely town than scum.
going after my scumreads is useless? I said yesterday that I thought Empking and DY were scum together. shouldn't be a shock to you that I'd go after my stated pick for his likely budd
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:49 am

Post by Empking »

In post 455, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Piggy flipping town pretty much meant the whole trio of Toon / Piggy / N not working thing became irrelevant but Empire found something in Ns ISO that pointed against him being a Doom-partner. I think it was (?) but not certain if he was talking about Ns reaction towards Doom or Dooms question towards N or the overall interaction, I find the whole thing fairly weak but want to talk with him more about it and he can probably explain his thoughts better than I can - he's heading into a college lecture so he should be able to post in the next few hours. We really rushed over a bunch of people because he had to go.

Following the link; I agree with Empire.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:30 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

vote: toon fighter

want to see how nero cain plays today, but I believe I am open to that lynch as well.
Plan B
Plan B
Goon
Plan B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 am

Post by Plan B »

VOTE: Nero Cain

In post 308, DoomYoshi wrote:Nero's play does seem off (compared to our last game together). This is why getting invested in a game is a bad thing. I can't tell what Nero actually thinks about much.... Except that he doesn't like senjai on a personal level. Is that the same as waffling? This is the better of the two wagons.

N is a total noob, so I am not surprised he looks scummy.

In post 316, DoomYoshi wrote:So I reread N and Nero Cain again. I know I just said NC was the better wagon, but I've changed my mind. N hasn't really said much of anything, except for the awkward call out of Cletus. I am still watching NC though, I want to see how he reacts now that he has time to calm down.

The only thing that occured between these two posts was 4nxi3ty questioned adorkable's scum read on Nero Cain, and Toon Fighter called the growing Nero Cain wagon into question for the successive votes by PiggyGal15 and Senjai.

Reads like scum keeping a partner at arm's length, but alleviated of having to vote them because the wagon wasn't gaining traction.

I could probably support a Toon Fighter lynch, too, based on the fact that his ISO mirrors the general opinions being expressed very closely.

Tentative Town reads on Empking, Untrod Tripod, and Gentlemen Bastards and think the three-way bickering should cease.

I agree that DoomYoshi and N don't make a likely partnership, but this doesn't undermine N as a possible SK, or other scum faction.
In post 444, N wrote:Why? Would you be more likely to believe her if she'd claimed 2-shot? I personally would be less inclined to believe a day 1 claim that included how many shots. Claiming the full role makes you more likely to take the nightkill (although I see this might not be so useful d1). Scum fakeclaiming x-shot is more likely, because then they can be lazier

Who cares, at this point, what would've happened had PiggyGal15 full claimed? This is distracting, and doesn't have any impact on Gentlemen Bastards' alignment. Continued pattern of not really scumhunting. However, should Toon Fighter flip scum, N sniping at Gentlemen Bastards needs to be recalled.

First preference is Nero Cain, but I'll gladly join Toon Fighter or N wagons.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 2.01

Toon Fighter (2)- Gentlemen Bastards, 4nxi3ty
Empking (1)- Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod (1)- Empking
Nero Cain (1)- Plan B

Not voting: N, Nero Cain, JacobSavage, RedCoyote, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, adorkable, Toon Fighter

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

V/LA

Nero Cain

Deadline

29th November, 6pm AEDT
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

vote: N

Need more time to read, but I think my vote is in a good place for now
~Toon fighter~
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 am

Post by JacobSavage »

I still want to see a plane get lynched so;
VOTE: F-16
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Spoiler:
In post 320, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 303, adorkable wrote:
In post 195, N wrote:Nero doesn't have a wagon - but there's lots of (actually explained) suspicion of him floating around.

this doesn't help NC's case

actually I think it makes him more likely to be scum. huh.

This makes no sense at all. You think I'm more likely to be scum 'cause
OTHERS
find me scummy. Way to blend in..

”adork” wrote:
No, that's not true. Whole bean coffee will go stale within about two weeks. It really depends on the specific coffee and how it was roasted though. Some might do well for up to a month? And some roasters will give advice as specific as a coffee being at its peak "from days 9 to 12". Generally if you're brewing coffee (as opposed to making espresso) you'll have a wider window. But however long it is, it's a few weeks max. Fortunately, you can freeze whole bean coffee, and it should last for months (in a deep, chest style freezer, it might be a year or more). I split up the 12 or 16 oz bags I get in half (6 or 8oz), double bag them in freezer bags, and pull one or two out a week, as I use them up. You can do the same thing with mason jars, or something similar. Just make sure to let the beans come up to room temp before opening them up (otherwise they'll get condensation all over them, which is no good). And I haven't had good luck re-freezing beans, once they're out of the freezer, just try to use them up.

”Nero” wrote:
Was this a “blend” joke ‘cause I really don’t see this as a legitimate response to what you were being accused of.

”Adork” wrote:
My original point was that, when people are all like HEY THIS GUY IS SCUM but no one votes him, it reeks of scumbuddies throwing suspicion around but not committing with actual votes, as to have a point to backtrack to to validate a bus. Typically when this type of situation occurs, I jump on those players.

So why respond with a bunch of crap about coffee? It’s not the worlds best logic. I mean sure, scum sometimes will distance by calling their scumbuddies scum but they do that with town too and town even does that ‘cause you can have more than one scum read at a time but aren’t able to vote them all at once. So this black and white thinkin’ that scum and only scum will only call their buddies scum and not call them town and not call town scum is a mildly retarded stance. Scum do sometimes vote their buddies as well. What I find surprising is that you rather lynch whom you believe is being pushed by scum. So who were the scum that was “bussing” me?

I ditto GB here. I don not like Adorks “placeholder” vote on DM. Possible distancing here.

As scummy as I find Adork he does bring up a very good point.

In post 373, adorkable wrote:Plan B has been on 3/4 of the main wagons for the day. However, he's also been first or second vote on them as well. Anxiety's been mid-wagon on both PR-claim wagons. Anyone have thoughts on these two?

There’s prob scum between those two.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 459, Plan B wrote:Reads like scum keeping a partner at arm's length, but alleviated of having to vote them because the wagon wasn't gaining traction.

lol. How is what he did different then your fence sitiing on piggy? Oh don't worry about replying with anything like "well piggy flipped town so she can't be my scum buddy" 'cause that not what I'm accusing you of.

+ There’s a lot of “I’d be ok with this lynch to” Keep your options open more.

So I’d say scum is likely in adork, 4nx, plan b, TF with RC and F-16 as low end possibilities.

Also someone said something about how they think its unlikely for both me and piggy to be town prs. Whoever said that is very likely scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:23 pm

In post 462, JacobSavage wrote:I still want to see a plane get lynched

Me too.

Unvote, vote: F-16

Regfan and I talked for a little bit and we noted the fact that F-16 has posted pretty prolifically elsewhere in the site and not here. Hell, he's even gone so far as to /in for another game so he does have enough free time. Definitely a far cry from the eagerness to post and help out that I saw in Micro 53.

Empking, to clarify what Regfan brought up in our #455, it's primarily the way N reacts to Doom there.

Would love to hear from some other people who haven't posted yet.
adorkable
adorkable
Goon
adorkable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Post by adorkable »

@NC:
In post 370, adorkable wrote:Town RB
and
town Watcher make sense together balance-wise. My other head wants to note she thinks it's unlikely that we've outed two town PRs D1 and is initially inclined to think one of the two to be scum.

I said that earlier. Is that what you were thinking of?

We'll make a less-prod-dodgy post tomorrow addressing others' questions, we haven't had much time to read/discuss this game the last few days.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

DY's flip seemingly hurts both my N and JS scumreads.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

The one player that has consistently weird interactions with DY over the course of his iso looks to be 4nx.

Also, it was very cool to be a star in the flavor. :mrgreen:

Vote: 4nxi3ty
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Post by N »

In post 461, Toon Fighter wrote:
vote: N

Need more time to read, but I think my vote is in a good place for now

In post 459, Plan B wrote:I agree that DoomYoshi and N don't make a likely partnership, but this doesn't undermine N as a possible SK, or other scum faction.
In post 444, N wrote:Why? Would you be more likely to believe her if she'd claimed 2-shot? I personally would be less inclined to believe a day 1 claim that included how many shots. Claiming the full role makes you more likely to take the nightkill (although I see this might not be so useful d1). Scum fakeclaiming x-shot is more likely, because then they can be lazier

Who cares, at this point, what would've happened had PiggyGal15 full claimed? This is distracting, and doesn't have any impact on Gentlemen Bastards' alignment. Continued pattern of not really scumhunting. However, should Toon Fighter flip scum, N sniping at Gentlemen Bastards needs to be recalled.

If you think I'm an SK, then you must be assuming I shot Yoshi. Why would I do that?

Also, I disagree that asking GB for how they would have reacted differently is useless. (Obviously, or I wouldn't have asked it.) Just because I go about looking for motivation in a different way than you do doesn't make it less valid.

In post 464, Nero Cain wrote:Also someone said something about how they think its unlikely for both me and piggy to be town prs. Whoever said that is very likely scum.

I think several people said that, including you.
In post 320, Nero Cain wrote:I’m really thinkin’ that Plan B is scum with Piggy. He’s really fence sitting on her. Joins the Jacob wagon then calls me scummy for not finding Jacob scummy then when the Jacob wagon starts to loose steam he jumps off for finding Jacob not scummy. (HELLO CONJETIVE DISSONANCE!!!) And he didn’t answer my last question which really annoys me.

Vote:piggy

If it’s a scum slot then there’s no reason to trust here results so if she flips scum then I bet she has some buddies in the group saying “let her live.”

VOTE: Nero Cain
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:38 pm

RC, 4nx is town. Like blatantly. He wouldn't direct a comment like #264 at his partner.

Remember this game? F-16 replaced into it, was very active and engaged almost immediately. The fact that he hasn't posted at all since his short replace-in post despite posting elsewhere should be ringing alarm bells to you right now, RC.

Vote F-16 with us.

@N:
What are your reads right now? Regfan and I have been looking at your ISO and you haven't given us much stance-wise.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:36 am

Post by N »

In post 470, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
@N:
What are your reads right now? Regfan and I have been looking at your ISO and you haven't given us much stance-wise.

That's actually a pretty good question. I haven't really thought about it and it would be good for me to write this down.

My current suspicions are on Nero Cain and Toon Fighter. Are there likely to be three or four scum in a 15 player game? Three doesn't seem enough, but four seems too many.

I had suspicions of F16's slot earlier, when Cletus just mimicked popular opinion, but they (Cletus) did later explain themselves, so not so much. However, F16 has been pretty much non-existent, which goes against both his town and scum meta, so I don't know there (I would link to examples, but it's from a different account which I only know is him because he's alt-slipped in another game I read - he's also posted somewhere (alt thread in MD?) that he doesn't like his original account being known so I'm not going to out him against his will).

Plan B keeps pushing that he thinks I'm a serial killer when there's been nothing to hint towards an SK even existing is also a bit suspect.

From Yoshi's flip, I think Senjai is likely to be town, because of Yoshi's buddying up to him early game when he was the major wagon. His last post also had soft pushes on GB and UT, probably meaning they're town.

I don't remember much else right now. That leaves JacobSavage, RedCoyote and adorkable as null reads, I guess? I can't think of anything that Empking or 4nxi3ty have done. (I hope I mentioned everyone. Thanks for making me write this down; I needed that.)

N
4nxi3ty
Nero Cain
Empking
theamatuer

JacobSavage
Plan B
RedCoyote
Number Six

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Cletus+Brandine

Untrod Tripod
adorkable
Toon Fighter
Gentlemen Bastards
Senjai
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Plan B
Plan B
Goon
Plan B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:11 am

Post by Plan B »

I'm travelling today and tomorrow. Won't likely post until Sunday evening (New York time).

Responses to Nero Cain and N, then.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:39 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 316, DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, Plan B, but if JS flips scum, I'm going to fos you hardcore.

So I reread N and Nero Cain again. I know I just said NC was the better wagon, but I've changed my mind. N hasn't really said much of anything, except for the awkward call out of Cletus. I am still watching NC though, I want to see how he reacts now that he has time to calm down.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: N

ok, I just reread DY and NC in ISO, and yeah, I can get behind this NC lynch

unvote, vote Nero Cain
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:54 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Nero wrote:+ There’s a lot of “I’d be ok with this lynch to” Keep your options open more.

So I’d say scum is likely in adork, 4nx, plan b, TF with RC and F-16 as low end possibilities.

speaking of keeping your options open.. would like to see where you decide to place a vote.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”