Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:11 am

Post by Kise »

In post 2044, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kise wrote: Oh great, Mag is here. Now I gotta scratch mason off the fakeclaim list.

Explain.

:oops:
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:27 am

Post by snifit »

Checking in. Still bored.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2049, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 2048, Elscouta wrote:
Like the normal lynch is more likely to hit town than scum. Assuming the daykill is directed by majority vote, anything that makes lynching good (as opposed to no lynch) also makes having an extra kill good.

No, it's a terrible idea. Town's advantage is having as many days as possible to analyze Vote Counts, interactions, and posts. Leashing a non-Town killer helps shorten this time frame significantly.

No, it doesn't. That's the point. It doubles the amount of days lynches that town has and halves the number of night-kills that scum has. It turns this game into a Double Day setup.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:37 am

Post by Benmage »

@Moi
yes of course this isn't fake yeesh. Logically/ tactically you should've been able to put this together, your stall is noted.
-You can add WMII to the gambit list, where as a JOAT I faked a track on Fate and got him lynched (as scum)

-I also consider Gorrads game a success. After hammering Nero I revealed it was fake. I was a factional cop. In a confirmed multiball game where the other sides cop faction had flipped. Nero was still having me as a #1-2 suspect, after my claim. Quite the endgame liability. Therefore, because Nero is a subpar player, I thought that a success.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:43 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 2052, Kublai Khan wrote:No, it doesn't. That's the point. It doubles the amount of days lynches that town has and halves the number of night-kills that scum has. It turns this game into a Double Day setup.

So what? That doesn't mean it is the best move for Town ... it's not. Again - we clearly disagree on this on a Mafia Discussion level. Quoting a Wiki Page isn't going to change that ... :?

In post 2053, Benmage wrote:
@Moi
yes of course this isn't fake yeesh.

How difficult was that and why couldn't you have done it in the first place? Yes, this is rhetorical ...

Benmage wrote:-I also consider Gorrads game a success. After hammering Nero I revealed it was fake. I was a factional cop. In a confirmed multiball game where the other sides cop faction had flipped. Nero was still having me as a #1-2 suspect, after my claim. Quite the endgame liability. Therefore, because Nero is a subpar player, I thought that a success.

No, it wasn't a success but I am used to you not being objective about mis-steps you make ... like Governing Scum Zdenek in Faraday's game.

VOTE: Tammy
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 am

Post by mykonian »

I don't mind that this day hasn't ended yet, but I'm not coping very well with reading about 3 pages each time I come back here.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Mykonian, are you scum?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:52 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2054, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So what? That doesn't mean it is the best move for Town ... it's not. Again - we clearly disagree on this on a Mafia Discussion level. Quoting a Wiki Page isn't going to change that ...

Oh, you'd best believe this is going to be a MD discussion when this game is done.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:13 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2049, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Return to Liten is just a personal example - ThAd was a claimed killing role that we thought might have been a SK. We didn't even think of killing him til well down the line (when only 1 or 2 scum was left) and happily let the scum with Town Cred help direct his kills to off scummy looking Townies.

So I'm looking at this game.

ThAd was a Town vig. Obviously, ThAd helped to off scum.

Day 1 voted to kill a scum Doctor Didn't get ... 5112]Day 4 voted to kill a scum RB.

But you are right, he shot Town both nights he used his power.

My question to you is; how different would that game have gone if ThAd was a DAY Vig? Knowing who "voted" for Tripod and seeing him flip Town, for example, would have given Town something to look at [akin to wagon analysis] so they could adjust their votes accordingly Day 3 - possibly lynching you or Hacker a day sooner. My opinion is that this acts like giving us a second Day phase without the scum kill at night. Yes, that effectively cuts our Day periods in half but is that to the Town's detriment? I think not.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:13 am

Post by Yates »

Also, thank you for that. That was a pretty cool read.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:15 am

Post by Yates »

Sorry - Fixed URL's.

In post 2049, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Return to Liten is just a personal example - ThAd was a claimed killing role that we thought might have been a SK. We didn't even think of killing him til well down the line (when only 1 or 2 scum was left) and happily let the scum with Town Cred help direct his kills to off scummy looking Townies.

So I'm looking at this game.

ThAd was a Town vig. Obviously, ThAd helped to off scum.

Day 1 voted to kill a scum Doctor
Didn't get a chance to vote Day 2
Did not vote to lynch Town Day 3
Day 4 voted to kill a scum RB.

But you are right, he shot Town both nights he used his power.

My question to you is; how different would that game have gone if ThAd was a DAY Vig? Knowing who "voted" for Tripod and seeing him flip Town, for example, would have given Town something to look at [akin to wagon analysis] so they could adjust their votes accordingly Day 3 - possibly lynching you or Hacker a day sooner. My opinion is that this acts like giving us a second Day phase without the scum kill at night. Yes, that effectively cuts our Day periods in half but is that to the Town's detriment? I think not.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Yates »

Right. This is effectively what we would have:
In post 2052, Kublai Khan wrote:It turns this game into a Double Day setup.
Please pm me to pre-in
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:18 am

In post 2060, Yates wrote:My question to you is; how different would that game have gone if ThAd was a DAY Vig? Knowing who "voted" for Tripod and seeing him flip Town, for example, would have given Town something to look at [akin to wagon analysis] so they could adjust their votes accordingly Day 3 - possibly lynching you or Hacker a day sooner. My opinion is that this acts like giving us a second Day phase without the scum kill at night. Yes, that effectively cuts our Day periods in half but is that to the Town's detriment? I think not.

Also him shooting Town during the Day could have also easily led to him being lynched as a Serial Killer. So if you want to play the "What if" game it cuts both ways.

Again - your thoughts on the issue really aren't going to sway my opinion and I don't know why you saying "Yates thinks it is so" is meaningful on that issue.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Someone should tell MagnaofIllusion that he's capable of being wrong. But break it to him gently. His worldview will be shattered.

I don't think "you'll never be able to convince otherwise" has ever been a pro-town attitude.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:26 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

So you think MoI is town?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2062, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Also him shooting Town during the Day could have also easily led to him being lynched as a Serial Killer. So if you want to play the "What if" game it cuts both ways.

That's true. Perhaps he would have been the lynch over Town-Twomz, though, thus making that an additional net loss of zero.

In post 2062, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I don't know why you saying "Yates thinks it is so" is meaningful on that issue.

That is a statement to make my opinion clear and has nothing to do with how "meaningful" my argument is.

The point is; your argument is that Town benefits from extra days and vote analysis. My argument is that a Day vig affords us that opportunity with HALF the certain Town targets at night. Yes, scum will have *some* influence over the day kill. By comparison, scum has 100% autonomy over the night kill. Therefore, your reason for wanting to kill the Day Vig does not hold up under scrutiny.
Please pm me to pre-in
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:32 am

In post 2065, Yates wrote:The point is; your argument is that Town benefits from extra days and vote analysis. My argument is that a Day vig affords us that opportunity with HALF the certain Town targets at night. Yes, scum will have *some* influence over the day kill.
By comparison, scum has 100% autonomy over the night kill. Therefore, your reason for wanting to kill the Day Vig does not hold up under scrutiny.

The bolded might be applicable if this were a Vanilla Set-up. It clearly is not so suggesting that only scum benefit from additional Nights (and Town clearly don't get investigations / protects) isn't really an Apples to Apples (and thus valid) comparison.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:33 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2064, AngryPidgeon wrote:So you think MoI is town?

He's disagreeing with me, so obviously not. :roll:

In seriousness, I don't know. I was just ISOing Zoroaster since he never stuck out. The ISO confirms that he was just sorta there... Could have been actively lurking, could be just overwhelmed. I'm not sure. Didn't like his early jasonT1981 vote, though. I'm wary of the slot. Got a bad feeling, but can't quantify it. MagnaofIllusion is a more active player, so it'll be more readable as the game goes.

I want to know how much and what portions of the thread he had read before asking his opening questions on the Tammy/Banmage situation.

@MagnaofIllusion - what's your read on Acosmist?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

On page 76-catching up today
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:18 am

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 2.17

"I'm no hero... never was. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work." -Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 4

Tammy - 9 (snifit, Acosmist, Kise, Benmage, AngryPidgeon, pidgey, mykonian, WrathChild, MagnaofIllusion)
Acosmist - 3 (Kublai Khan, Yates, mastin2)
pidgey - 2 (Elscouta, zabriel)
WrathChild - 1 (Tammy)
Kise - 1 (jasonT1981)

Not voting - PeregrineV, Nero Cain

WrathChild has recieved his first prod.

mastin2 is V/LA until Monday

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is 3 PM EST on November 15, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 am

In post 2059, Yates wrote:Also, thank you for that. That was a pretty cool read.

You are welcome. SaintK is a great Mod.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 2044, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Tammy wrote: 2. I didn't claim my role name right away because I was annoyed.

And if I wasn’t so steadfast interested in getting Benmage to confirm his claim I would be voting you right now as this is a Newb reason and you are not a Newb.

Nope, I'm not a newb but I'm temperamental and stubborn.

Tammy wrote: I never said the message would get the person night killed. I said that the person who sent the message thought his message would get him night killed and so he sent it to me. His thought rang as true paranoia, and town. I'm just not telling the message. The mod did not identify the sender.

So you can give the information in the message without compromising the sender’s identity (since you don’t know it), think they are Town (from your other posts), and still refuse to provide information about a player’s perspective that should theoretically help Town out ?[/quote]

It won't help town out. I've given all the information that would help town. Why aren't you more interested in what was said in the neighborhood?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:38 am

Post by Tammy »

Also, someone check the math for me. Myk is concerned about being put at evens. Actually lynching me today keeps you at evens.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 am

KK wrote: I want to know how much and what portions of the thread he had read before asking his opening questions on the Tammy/Banmage situation.

@MagnaofIllusion - what's your read on Acosmist?

I quick-read basically the 5 pages before I replaced in, scanned Tammy’s ISO to look for her claim, and scanned Benmage’s ISO to see if how he claimed. So … I haven’t read much. I've very casually followed along since the game began. Enough to know that AV got exploded Day 1 for example.

On Acosmist – I scanned his ISO. He claimed PGO post 1 which is proper play. The name-claim is Null (Solid Snake is not guaranteed to not be a fake-claim). He will not make it to far in the game if he is faking scum as the claim will eventually be tested by some role.

The rest of his ISO would have me say “Town” if you put a gun to my head based my Town and Scum Acosmist experience.

@KK
– So where is your case on Acos for me to review?

--

Nero wrote: MOI replaces a scum slot?!?

Mod wrote: Votecount 2.17

Not voting - PeregrineV,
Nero Cain

So if I’m scum and you are against all the current wagons why are you not voting me again?

--

Tammy wrote: Why aren't you more interested in what was said in the neighborhood?

No clue you were in a Neighborhood. How does this work into your claim again?

Tammy wrote: Also, someone check the math for me. Myk is concerned about being put at evens. Actually lynching me today keeps you at evens.

Oh dear … that’s a very compelling reason to not lynch someone with a Guilty result on them.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:31 am

Post by Tammy »

There's no need to be unnecessarily snarky.

Myk has mentioned more than once his oncern for being put at evens, saying if we didn't lynch me today, we shouldn't return to the discussion until the day after tomorrow because of evens. I realized he's off on what day would be evens.

The best reasons nor to take me out is to force mafia to deal with me through a night kill and allow me to continue to use my VIG shot to help town.

The neighborhood has nothing to do with my claim. You were wondering why I wasn't outing the message as if that would help town when it wouldn't, but you didn't ask what was said in the neighborhood, which I think would be something you would be more interested in.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”