NY 160: Terrible Melodrama Mafia (Game Over)

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 1.11

N (4)- Demon Core, Toon Fighter, RedCoyote, DoomYoshi
Nero Cain (4)- Plan B, adorkable, PiggyGal15, Senjai
PiggyGal15 (3)- Cletus+Brandine, Untrod Tripod, Nero Cain
Cletus+Brandine (2)- JacobSavage, 4nxi3ty
JacobSavage (1)- theamatuer
Toon Fighter (1)- N

Not voting: No one!

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Replacing

theamatuer

Deadline

14th November, 6am AEDT
adorkable
adorkable
Goon
adorkable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Post by adorkable »

In post 310, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 303, adorkable wrote:page 8 #180, his response to the Plan B case is shitty and reeks of NC/anxiety buddies

in what way?

Re-quoting:
In post 180, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 154, Plan B wrote:
In post 120, Nero Cain wrote:
@Everyone on the JS wagon.
Why is JS scummy for calling somebody "nervos town" but 4xn skates by for doing something similar?

1. Welp, guess the whole case on JacobSavage is made of nothing but straw. Glad you pointed that out for us and destroyed it. /sarcasm

2. What do you see similar from 4nxi3ty?

3. Even if I agreed that 4nxi3ty's play is similar (which I don't), why does that make JacobSavage's play any less scummy?

This reads like a major attempt at distraction from JacobSavage. Do you have a strong Town read on JacobSavage? If you've already expressed it, I don't remember it. So, please either point me to it, or explain it.

1. This was a serious question and I don’t get why you needed to use sarcasm.

2. Is a huge misrep. I never said they were playing similarly, just that one of the points that has been made against JS is something that 4NX has done. This is selective scumhunting.

No. I don’t have strong town read on JS.

Actually, after re-reading it kinda looks more like JS-NC buddies. My mistake. He still needs to answer the third question though.

In post 312, Toon Fighter wrote:Didn't like Piggy's and Senjai's combo bandwagoning, especially after DC's post

likewise

In post 314, DoomYoshi wrote:Am I the only one waiting on these catch ups?

we/I made a ketchup post and no one called us/me out on it :<

In post 319, RedCoyote wrote:I don't know if I can earnestly defend NC from a lynch today.

Why would you have to/want to defend him?

In post 320, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 303, adorkable wrote:
In post 195, N wrote:Nero doesn't have a wagon - but there's lots of (actually explained) suspicion of him floating around.

this doesn't help NC's case

actually I think it makes him more likely to be scum. huh.

This makes no sense at all. You think I'm more likely to be scum 'cause
OTHERS
find me scummy. Way to blend in..

No, that's not true. Whole bean coffee will go stale within about two weeks. It really depends on the specific coffee and how it was roasted though. Some might do well for up to a month? And some roasters will give advice as specific as a coffee being at its peak "from days 9 to 12". Generally if you're brewing coffee (as opposed to making espresso) you'll have a wider window. But however long it is, it's a few weeks max. Fortunately, you can freeze whole bean coffee, and it should last for months (in a deep, chest style freezer, it might be a year or more). I split up the 12 or 16 oz bags I get in half (6 or 8oz), double bag them in freezer bags, and pull one or two out a week, as I use them up. You can do the same thing with mason jars, or something similar. Just make sure to let the beans come up to room temp before opening them up (otherwise they'll get condensation all over them, which is no good). And I haven't had good luck re-freezing beans, once they're out of the freezer, just try to use them up.

In post 320, Nero Cain wrote:Am I the only one that read his post as a big fence sit on piggy?

-snip-

Vote:piggy

If it’s a scum slot then there’s no reason to trust here results so if she flips scum then I bet she has some buddies in the group saying “let her live.”

a) I have no reason to vote for piggy at the moment. Is she scummy? Yeah. Can I see her actions come from town power? Yeah. If she's scum does it hurt to let her live one night and get results that, if she does flip town, can possibly help us? Nope. Not to mention if she's town scum have to try killing her because otherwise she can get results and if we're eventually lynching her anyway, well...

b) "IF SHE'S SCUM THEN HER RESULTS ARE FAKE". Wow, we have the new Paragon here, guys.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:02 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 320, Nero Cain wrote:Vote:piggy

If it’s a scum slot then there’s no reason to trust here results so if she flips scum then I bet she has some buddies in the group saying “let her live.”
actually at this point her scumbuddies are likely to bus considering she is not likely to get lynched.

I don't think N is scum.

vote: Nero Cain
DoomYoshi
DoomYoshi
Goon
DoomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:59 am

Post by DoomYoshi »

adorkable wrote:
In post 320, Nero Cain wrote:Am I the only one that read his post as a big fence sit on piggy?

-snip-

a) I have no reason to vote for piggy at the moment. Is she scummy? Yeah. Can I see her actions come from town power? Yeah. If she's scum does it hurt to let her live one night and get results that, if she does flip town, can possibly help us? Nope. Not to mention if she's town scum have to try killing her because otherwise she can get results and if we're eventually lynching her anyway, well...

b) "IF SHE'S SCUM THEN HER RESULTS ARE FAKE". Wow, we have the new Paragon here, guys.

I don't necessarily agree with this. She could be a scum watcher, and still give real results. Or scum willing to bus.
adorkable
adorkable
Goon
adorkable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:05 am

Post by adorkable »

Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 am

Post by Demon Core »

Is it bad that I want to kill about half the players in this game right now?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Prodding N.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Post by N »

In post 291, Toon Fighter wrote:Wow, so much going on in this game and you go for a vote like that. Ok. I was just checking Piggy's claim, and it hurt nothing getting her to paraphrase the PM. If she had failed to do so, it could mean a scum slip. But, I fail to see why asking her to paraphrase the PM would be scummy or deserve a vote in any way.

Actually, your vote was so shitty, it deserves a vote itself.

unvote, vote: N

In post 195, N wrote:Nero doesn't have a wagon - but there's lots of (actually explained) suspicion of him floating around.

It wasn't intended to "help" Nero; I was explaining why I thought Cletus's reads were bad (that there was nothing new about them).

In post 320, Nero Cain wrote:I’m really thinkin’ that Plan B is scum with Piggy. He’s really fence sitting on her. Joins the Jacob wagon then calls me scummy for not finding Jacob scummy then when the Jacob wagon starts to loose steam he jumps off for finding Jacob not scummy. (HELLO CONJETIVE DISSONANCE!!!) And he didn’t answer my last question which really annoys me.

This is stupid reasoning. She's claimed a PR; why do you want to lynch her
today
? If she continues to be scummy in future days, we can lynch her and at least we'll have some results if he does actually flip town. If she does flip scum, we'll have relationship tells to use.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:01 am

Post by JacobSavage »

PROD DODGE YAY!!

That and I really dont know what to make of the past few days.
For starters piggy's claim, yes i think we should belive it for now and move on.
I would lkie to know what is the reasoning behind the NC lynch firstly and the N lynch.
That is all for now. Will update more later.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:46 am

Post by DeasVail »

Prodding Untrod Tripod and Cletus+Brandine.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:29 am

Post by DeasVail »

Empking replaces theamatuer.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:39 am

Post by Empking »

/in reading
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:53 am

Post by Empking »

Very Town

JacobSavage

Town

adorkable
Demon Core
Nero Cain
Plan B
Cletus+Brandine
Toon Fighter

Null

RedCoyote Number Six
N
4nxi3ty

Scum

Senjai
PiggyGal15 (not with Doom)
DoomYoshi (not with Piggy)
Untrod Tripod
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:55 am

Post by Empking »

I'db rather not vote Piggy and none of my other scumtargets have a wagon.

Unvote: JS
- Seriously, Thea?

Vote: Senjai
- Just read the first two pages, the game is solved right there.
DoomYoshi
DoomYoshi
Goon
DoomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:09 am

Post by DoomYoshi »

Not sure I understand.

How is it that you differentiate Senjai as town or as scum? I am pretty sure he is town. Also, how is it even possible to get a read of any kind on UT? He hasn't said anything...

@adorkable: parsimony is so twentieth century. That shit has ruined science for long enough. I don't intend to let it ruin my mafia games now too.
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:14 am

Post by Demon Core »

^scum
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Empking »

In post 339, DoomYoshi wrote:Not sure I understand.

How is it that you differentiate Senjai as town or as scum? I am pretty sure he is town.

The great rise of the counterwagon, but mostly his posting in the RVS stunk too much at "look at me, but I'm not doing anything".

Also, how is it even possible to get a read of any kind on UT? He hasn't said anything...

UT has said enough. I can't remember exactly what it was page three-ish.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:48 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

@N: you quoted my post but I saw no response. Y U No ANSWER?
~Toon fighter~
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

RE Plan B's 303: You know what this post lacks? A response to my accusation of that you are fence sitting on Piggy. Don’t worry about saying that you “forgot” to do so and claim that you weren’t ‘cause I just won’t believe you and anyone else that’s town shouldn’t either.

Spoiler:
In post 323, Plan B wrote:I never called you scummy for not finding JacobSavage scummy. I called you scummy for attempting to derail his wagon when you didn't have a strong Town read on him, or any Town read for that matter. You claimed that was not your intent. I don't believe you.
Ok. So you think we should just lynch willy nilly on a null reads? That’s not how the game works; we lynch scum reads not null reads. To me it sounds more like you were
upset
that I was throwing a cog in what was looking like an EZ lynch on JS.

I also find it odd that now that you have a town read him that you aren’t questioning your stance on me. I mean, you think Jacob is town. I did not want to lynch town….but you still find me scummy for not wanting to lynch town? Pretty scummy stance you got there partnah.

In post 323, Plan B wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 279, Nero Cain wrote:So.....if a player says "this guy is scummy for X but this guy isn't" that doesn't make you question your read on the player that said it and by extension the player thats getting wagoned? I couldn't remembe exactly who said it so I asked the whole wagon.

This question?

I read that as a rhetorical question posed as part of your answer to me on why you asked a question to the whole JacobSavage wagon.

So, sure, if someone said that, I'd question their alignment. I don't recall anyone doing that.

O really now.

So you attacked JS for this same point but not 4nx…you then call it scummy.

In post 50, Plan B wrote:
In post 49, JacobSavage wrote:i would say mre piggy is probably nervous town than scrum but so far there really has not been enough to say either way with any sort of uncertainty

Setting aside the remarkable fencesitting nature of this post, where do you get "nervous"?

Spoiler:
In post 324, PiggyGal15 wrote:NC, mind explaining to me, why if you find two people scummy, you go for the claimed PR, and not the one you just made a case on? o.O
So…what your saying is that I should put my vote on a wagon that likely won’t go through today? Would you be willing to lynch Plan B?

In post 326, adorkable wrote:
In post 312, Toon Fighter wrote:Didn't like Piggy's and Senjai's combo bandwagoning, especially after DC's post

Likewise

So something is suspicious but you dare not question your read on me?

What is your Senji read?

Spoiler:
In post 320, Nero Cain wrote:

This makes no sense at all. You think I'm more likely to be scum 'cause
OTHERS
find me scummy. Way to blend in..

No, that's not true. Whole bean coffee will go stale within about two weeks. It really depends on the specific coffee and how it was roasted though. Some might do well for up to a month? And some roasters will give advice as specific as a coffee being at its peak "from days 9 to 12". Generally if you're brewing coffee (as opposed to making espresso) you'll have a wider window. But however long it is, it's a few weeks max. Fortunately, you can freeze whole bean coffee, and it should last for months (in a deep, chest style freezer, it might be a year or more). I split up the 12 or 16 oz bags I get in half (6 or 8oz), double bag them in freezer bags, and pull one or two out a week, as I use them up. You can do the same thing with mason jars, or something similar. Just make sure to let the beans come up to room temp before opening them up (otherwise they'll get condensation all over them, which is no good). And I haven't had good luck re-freezing beans, once they're out of the freezer, just try to use them up.[/quote]
Was this a “blend” joke ‘cause I really don’t see this as a legitimate response to what you were being accused of.

Adork wrote:

Ok so if we let her live today when do we lynch her?

Spoiler:
In post 332, N wrote:
In post 320, Nero Cain wrote:I’m really thinkin’ that Plan B is scum with Piggy. He’s really fence sitting on her. Joins the Jacob wagon then calls me scummy for not finding Jacob scummy then when the Jacob wagon starts to loose steam he jumps off for finding Jacob not scummy. (HELLO CONJETIVE DISSONANCE!!!) And he didn’t answer my last question which really annoys me.

This is stupid reasoning. She's claimed a PR; why do you want to lynch her
today
? If she continues to be scummy in future days, we can lynch her and at least we'll have some results if he does actually flip town. If she does flip scum, we'll have relationship tells to use.
But its a scum slot. Her "WE AREN'T LYNCHING CLAIMED PRS WITHOUT A CC!!!" Sounds a ton like scum with a safeclaim. And unless you want to help me lynch Plan B or Senj then I don't really know what to say.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Mod: Still v/la due to no comp at home.

Plan B, PiggyGal15, adorkable are scum. Was thinkin' DC but scum Piggy and Plan B's town read on the slot make him likely not a buddy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

I'm not sure what just happened, but Nero's post got messed up bad... is it just me? Or did he do something wacky with that last post?

If I didn't think you were scum, I think I would be okay with a Plan B lynch.
And yes, you should put your vote on a wagon that you find the best lynch for scum. The fact that you'd even say otherwise makes me very suspicious and it sounds like you're just taking the easy way out.

You think scum would have a powerrole safeclaim? o.O
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 345, PiggyGal15 wrote:I'm not sure what just happened, but Nero's post got messed up bad... is it just me? Or did he do something wacky with that last post?

I see it too.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Yeah my post is wierd but I didn't do anything. I think both you and Plan B are gonna flip scum. Your play is terrible. I don't know if plan B's fence sitting on you is more likely buddy play or scum that knows you aren't on his team. Nor do I like Adorks "well she's claimed, lets let someone else claim while leaving her to be lynched later." Though I will admit that Plan B and Adorks play towords you
screams
scum to me but there's little or no intrest in lynching either slot, and I know that I'm town and I don't have a scum read on N. So unless there's a shitload of Plan B/Adork/Senji intrest in the next few days then getting rid of bad pork is better then a no lynch.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Prodding Senjai.

In post 344, Nero Cain wrote:Mod: Still v/la due to no comp at home.

Noted.
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Demon Core »

I actually think adorkable's scum too.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”