Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:05 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1492, snifit wrote:Christ, Jason. Tammy IS the guilty result.

I think it's clear she's the SK. Leaving her alive is a huge mistake. Town is in a great position, and leaving the SK alive will only erode that. She shot scum--that's gravy. Let's lynch her, a
nd use our huge number of lynches to our advantage.

This
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1485, Acosmist wrote:My problem with the cunning plan is not the obvious one.

It's the fact that we can definitely lynch scum now or maybe lynch scum now.

Let's just do the certain scum today.

Yeah the logic is pretty simple.

God AP, am I going to have to fashion another dunce cap for you?
You're already getting a Special Purple Ribbon.

But Yates and Mastin have ensured they'll be receiving dunce caps.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:21 am

Post by mastin2 »

Benmage wrote:You won't get majority on anyone else,
I can certainly try. The scum want Tammy dead, and then you want Tammy dead, but there are plenty of people who are town and willing to listen to alternatives. The key is to coordinate which Tammy counterwagon to focus on. I'm advocating Kise, right now. Pidgey, myk, and BC are the alternative wagons right now. Myk, pidgey, and Tammy (the respective voters on said wagons) are almost certainly open to other options. (Especially Tammy.) And we're discussing them and coordinating them right now.

-antitown dead, helps reveal setup info check check
But not scum dead, and not revealing anything about the setup that we don't already know. It's impossible for Tammy to be groupscum. She'll flip day-SK, and that's it. No setup info at all. Nothing we don't already know.

-and eliminate future miskills check
Except she's not killing anyone we wouldn't mislynch anyway.

-day isn't dragged out check
What pro-town motive is there to end the day prematurely? We're discussing who the scum are. We know what Tammy will flip: non-mafia. So we're discussing who WILL flip mafia. There's nothing in that which we don't want to drag on; everything being talked about is things we should talk about.

-ensures no foul play, and cop remains alive check
Again, this plain and simple an Appeal to Fear, with no basis in facts. The facts are shown by the trends in-thread. She could have shot you today, Benmage. She didn't. She could shoot you tomorrow. She won't. Her play speaks for itself; she's in a town mindset, even if she isn't town.

-requires us to kill her at a later (maybe less fortunate position) This can be a minus or a check... we can't predict the future
I can. Tammy is lynched, flips exactly what we know she will, and we have a dead townie. We're no closer to finding scum than we are today.

- killing town minus
Again, anyone she'd kill is someone we'd have mislynched.

- killing town PRS minus minus
So don't have her kill without the target claiming. Instantly prevents this.

We don't need it, bottomline. No reason to risk her living.
There's plenty of reason to keep her living. You're right, we technically don't need it, but we also don't need her lynched; it works both ways.

As scum won't NK her, probably can't.
Again, THIS IS AN APPEAL TO FEAR. A Day-SK is already incredibly powerful. She can stop lynches dead by killing, and she can't be tracked, she can't be watched, and her kills can't be stopped. That's strongman, ninja, and semi-governor all in one packaged deal.
And on top of that, you think she's bulletproof?!?

Not a chance in hell.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:28 am

Post by snifit »

mastin, there's no such thing as a pet SK. She fired off an awful shot today (on someone who just spent a lot of time convincing himself she was scum...HMM) and she's going to continue to fire off awful shots. She does not win with us. You're giving her exactly what she wants.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 1502, mastin2 wrote:
Benmage wrote:You won't get majority on anyone else,
I can certainly try. The scum want Tammy dead, and then you want Tammy dead, but there are plenty of people who are town and willing to listen to alternatives. The key is to coordinate which Tammy counterwagon to focus on. I'm advocating Kise, right now. Pidgey, myk, and BC are the alternative wagons right now. Myk, pidgey, and Tammy (the respective voters on said wagons) are almost certainly open to other options. (Especially Tammy.) And we're discussing them and coordinating them right now.

-antitown dead, helps reveal setup info check check
But not scum dead, and not revealing anything about the setup that we don't already know. It's impossible for Tammy to be groupscum. She'll flip day-SK, and that's it. No setup info at all. Nothing we don't already know.

-and eliminate future miskills check
Except she's not killing anyone we wouldn't mislynch anyway.

-day isn't dragged out check
What pro-town motive is there to end the day prematurely? We're discussing who the scum are. We know what Tammy will flip: non-mafia. So we're discussing who WILL flip mafia. There's nothing in that which we don't want to drag on; everything being talked about is things we should talk about.

-ensures no foul play, and cop remains alive check
Again, this plain and simple an Appeal to Fear, with no basis in facts. The facts are shown by the trends in-thread. She could have shot you today, Benmage. She didn't. She could shoot you tomorrow. She won't. Her play speaks for itself; she's in a town mindset, even if she isn't town.

-requires us to kill her at a later (maybe less fortunate position) This can be a minus or a check... we can't predict the future
I can. Tammy is lynched, flips exactly what we know she will, and we have a dead townie. We're no closer to finding scum than we are today.

- killing town minus
Again, anyone she'd kill is someone we'd have mislynched.

- killing town PRS minus minus
So don't have her kill without the target claiming. Instantly prevents this.

We don't need it, bottomline. No reason to risk her living.
There's plenty of reason to keep her living. You're right, we technically don't need it, but we also don't need her lynched; it works both ways.

As scum won't NK her, probably can't.
Again, THIS IS AN APPEAL TO FEAR. A Day-SK is already incredibly powerful. She can stop lynches dead by killing, and she can't be tracked, she can't be watched, and her kills can't be stopped. That's strongman, ninja, and semi-governor all in one packaged deal.
And on top of that, you think she's bulletproof?!?

Not a chance in hell.

Can you please not make such posts?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:42 am

Post by Elscouta »

I haven't read much yet, but if the SK is willing to collaborate with us, I don't see why we shouldn't let her live a few more days. An extra town-directed kill is great, and we might even save the burden of lynching her later if the mafia gets sick of us getting double lynches and hits the NK button.

She should die as soon as she does a non-town directed kill OR we get into LyLo-2.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 1497, mastin2 wrote:Aco, bluntly, I think you're town, but if you continue pushing this lynch, I'm policy-lynching you tomorrow for killing the one person who can safely target you using this logic.

Good luck with that. Getting bored with isolated people thinking they can lynch anyone for anything. Let me know when one vote is a majority and I'll be sure to be appropriately scared of you.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:46 am

Post by Acosmist »

Ben, is Yates town? Are you sure? Because I thought he had a cunning plan, but now I'm thinking he wants me gone and hopes the SK didn't read carefully.

Same with mastin.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:55 am

Post by mastin2 »

myk wrote:Can you please not make such posts?
Why? So I can let us do the scum's work for them, waste our lynch, and let us get nowhere? Heck no.

snifit wrote:She fired off an awful shot today (on someone who just spent a lot of time convincing himself she was scum...HMM) and she's going to continue to fire off awful shots.
The fact that ThAd flipped town does not mean it was a bad shot. Again, how was ThAd a bad shot, when half the town was suspicious of him? And a lot more had him as null? And he was doing something questionable? Again, he was a good shot. I woulda made a similar shot as a day-vig.

You're giving her exactly what she wants.
And YOU are giving THE SCUM exactly what THEY want.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:02 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1506, Acosmist wrote:
In post 1497, mastin2 wrote:Aco, bluntly, I think you're town, but if you continue pushing this lynch, I'm policy-lynching you tomorrow for killing the one person who can safely target you using this logic.

Good luck with that. Getting bored with isolated people thinking they can lynch anyone for anything. Let me know when one vote is a majority and I'll be sure to be appropriately scared of you.

Mastin is a fucking retard if he thinks an SK will suicide.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:02 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 1474, Yates wrote:Your powers are weak, old man. They are only active at night.

So yeah I'm not playing along anymore.

What was the point of this lie?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 1509, Benmage wrote:

Yates seemed to think he would. She. Whatever the SK is.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1507, Acosmist wrote:Ben, is Yates town? Are you sure? Because I thought he had a cunning plan, but now I'm thinking he wants me gone and hopes the SK didn't read carefully.

Same with mastin.

I think they're both town.. but the magnitude of derpness coming from the to is so great that they just might be scum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:04 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1511, Acosmist wrote:
In post 1509, Benmage wrote:

Yates seemed to think he would. She. Whatever the SK is.

I.E. auto-losing themselves the game.... IE NOT PLAYING TO WIN

People arguing against lynching Tammy are dumb... Period.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:04 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 1512, Benmage wrote:
In post 1507, Acosmist wrote:Ben, is Yates town? Are you sure? Because I thought he had a cunning plan, but now I'm thinking he wants me gone and hopes the SK didn't read carefully.

Same with mastin.

I think they're both town.. but the magnitude of derpness coming from the to is so great that they just might be scum.

He did lie about my ability. Seemed to want to keep the SK alive so she could die killing me tomorrow.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:05 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1508, mastin2 wrote:
You're giving her exactly what she wants.
And YOU are giving THE SCUM exactly what THEY want.

Fuck her, fuck the scum.

ITS WHAT THE TOWN WANTS.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1514, Acosmist wrote:
In post 1512, Benmage wrote:

Same with mastin.

He did lie about my ability. Seemed to want to keep the SK alive so she could die killing me tomorrow.

She'll never do that see previous post. I.E. he's being really derpy to even suggest otherwise.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Benmage »

^Moreover keep backing her into the corner..

SHOOT THE PGO!
Shoot the PGO or BE lynCHED!
SHOOT SHOTO SHOOT!!!

*Ah fuckit, shoots BenmageCop*

GG...

Wtf are you expecting is going to happen.. yeeesh.

DERPS
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:25 am

Post by Tammy »

I have to catch up on every thing since Monday, but just caught Benmages last post.

Why would I shoot you benmage? If I wanted to shoot you, I'd have done it already. What are you going to do? Investigate me again? You know what you should, maybe you'll get the correct result this time.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:25 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1518, Tammy wrote:I have to catch up on every thing since Monday, but just caught Benmages last post.

Why would I shoot you benmage? If I wanted to shoot you, I'd have done it already. What are you going to do? Investigate me again? You know what you should, maybe you'll get the correct result this time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tammy an SK in your shoes has to say what you just said.

So forgive me while I continue to laugh at you.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:26 am

Post by Benmage »

^Moreover if you thought I was lying you would have shot me... so getf'd.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:27 am

Post by Benmage »

@Mastin
since Tammy has to play under the charade that she's innocent town vig. She has an easy excuse to shoot me for "fake-claiming".

Again why risk this.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:37 am

Post by Tammy »

I never said you were fake claiming. When suggested that I shoot you the other night, I said I'm not interested in shooting town and that I believed you to be town. Something interfered with your results, but I still think you're the town cop. Keeping you alive to do your job is why I said its best to keep me alive. Leaving me alive will help insure you stay alive, simple.

Whether or not you believe me that I'm the dayvig, you have to see that I'm interested in going after mafia not town. My first shot was on a scum read. My second one too. Maybe you don't agree, and I did have him as a town read, but after reading him in one other game I thought he was a bit more thorough and didn't think he'd make a case on someone based on petty things in which he mostly just made fun of me for being sick and blatantly misrepresented things said and done. I just couldn't imagine that case came from town. And then when he didn't come to the thread after I made it clear I was thinking about him, I thought it was certain. I was wrong.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 am

Post by Benmage »

So Tammy is majority asks you to shoot Acosmist, you will agree to this?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:44 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 1518, Tammy wrote:I have to catch up on every thing since Monday, but just caught Benmages last post.

no, no, no.

A couple of posts ago you told "you were town motivated". Not alligned. You basically claimed SK. Don't lie about it now.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”