Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

This game is hard to follow for me.
Every time I've had a scumread on someone they've replaced out - iai became ap who I now think is town, cyber became mastin who I'm unsure about.
I've got town reads on a bunch of people but other than that I've got no real leads on who I think could be scum. There are people like snift who I wouldn't mind lynching, and zora (who's not posting), and maybe kise at a stretch (he's giving my gut scum feels).

Pere is an interesting one to me though. His recent post about thinking melmond and I were masons is interesting as it indicates he was looking for that sort of thing (i.e. town roles). He doesn't assume I was a scum partner protecting a buddy, or even a scum trying to gain town cred buddying town. I think I would expect more paranoia-infused suspicion from a normal townsperson. I had a look at his play yesterday and he gives a halfhearted attempt to get people off the wagon saying "Melmond not a good lynch. Please to vote rapidcanyon right now" (844), but never really pushes the alternative. And then just before the hammer he states "Melmond is town. I'll not vote him, and suspect everyone on his wagon", which is really far too little far too late as melmond was then hammered within three posts of that.
Considering that he had melmond as a likely scumread earlier in the day it really looks to me like scum trying to get points for defending town, without actually trying to derail the lynch in any real way.

vote: pere
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 1024, Kublai Khan wrote:Vote: Kise

Why did you lie in post Post 311?

I got all hard and stuff but then...

In post 1092, Kublai Khan wrote:
I was one of the townies that lost to him years ago, the sting of his miller fakeclaim has never gone away.

The bolded part is the lie. We've played in three games together since Mafia 96 (miller claim). You've never, ever mentioned "the sting" before.[/quote]
...whu? Really? That's what you have for me? That's a misrep at BEST - not a lie.

Vote: Kublai Khan

Explain in your next post why you overstated your case on Kise because this is anti-Town bullshit and I'm in no mood for any more bullshit today.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 1100, ThAdmiral wrote:And then just before the hammer he [PereV] states "Melmond is town. I'll not vote him, and suspect everyone on his wagon", which is really far too little far too late as melmond was then hammered within three posts of that.
Considering that he had melmond as a likely scumread earlier in the day it really looks to me like scum trying to get points for defending town, without actually trying to derail the lynch in any real way

This is a good point too. This is the ThAd I've been waiting for.

What's up with this, Pere?
Please pm me to pre-in
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 1081, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1008, mykonian wrote:No. I'm just someone who has learned not to shout reads when you don't have them. And snifit falls in the category of players I've been wrong about more then I've been right.

Well get one. I mean I’m terrible at reading noobs but atleast I’m taking a stance. And if I’m wrong then I’m wrong. Avoiding taking a stance is terrible.

that's your opinion. I rather admit I have no clue then making up something I can't justify. I mean, I can make a case why he would be scum. I might even be able to make a case why he's town this game. And I'd have no clue which of both was the correct one.

I think someone asked who my suspects are. I forgot who did it. Currently they are among people as pidgey/mastin/zabriel/zoroaster/kise/nero/acosmist

uhm, this was mostly a proddodge, I'll try to actually read tomorrow.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 1103, mykonian wrote:I think someone asked who my suspects are. I forgot who did it. Currently they are among people as pidgey/mastin/zabriel/zoroaster/kise/nero/acosmist

Congratulations, you've narrowed it down to OVER ONE THIRD of the living player list. :igmeou:

What do you think about KK's BS play on Kise?

What do you think of ThAd's solid point about PereV?

I'm sure we can get you suspicious of 50% of the players given enough time.
Please pm me to pre-in
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 2.5

"Spread your wings and fly. God be with you!" -Major Zero, Metal Gear Solid 3

snifit - 3 (Nero Cain, Kise, zabriel)
Kise - 3 (Kublai Khan, mastin2, AngryPidgeon)
rapidcanyon - 1 (snifit)
AngryPidgeon - 1 (jasonT1981)
mastin2 - 1 (mykonian)
Benmage - 1 (Acosmist)
Tammy - 1 (Benmage)
PeregrineV - 1 (ThAdmiral)
Kublai Khan - 1 (Yates)

Not voting - BloodCovenant, PeregrineV, pidgey, Zoroaster, Tammy, rapidcanyon

Searching for replacements for rapidcanyon and BloodCovenant
Zoroaster has failed to meet activity requirements so I am now searching for a replacement
mastin2 is V/LA until Monday
Yates is V/LA until Sunday
jasonT1981 is V/LA until Sunday

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is 3 PM EST on November 15, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Post by Kise »

Y'all thought I was bullshitting when I said Kub was up to something.

Reading PV's mason belief... I actually don't think it's scummy. I am at least impressed that he has such a complex reason for switching his read of Mel, and it shows he's looking deep into things. I was expecting something weak and implausible... I also don't think ThAd is wrong for his line of thinking. I'm kinda in the same boat in that I'm suspicious of IAI, and not AP for anything he's posted.

*removes tongue from asses*
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:00 am

Post by Kise »

pappums rat wrote:Searching for replacements for rapidcanyon and BloodCovenant
Zoroaster has failed to meet activity requirements so I am now searching for a replacement

:neutral:

Yet…
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:55 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1106, Kise wrote:Y'all thought I was bullshitting when I said Kub was up to something.

Why are you not voting him, then?
Please pm me to pre-in
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:02 am

Post by Kise »

snifit wagon more votes.

Yet…
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:05 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1061, pidgey wrote:Benmage lol cool man why am i prob scum how did you get that awesome read?

The awesome read came from you awesome play, or lack thereof.

Compounded by your "cutesy" entry/play thus far. I've seen scum plenty of times not know how to correctly implant themselves into a game... and the "cutesy" style emerges.

@Kise
your read on Tammy please?

@Tammy
your read on Acos, and would it be different if he never claimed PGO?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:07 am

Post by Benmage »

Still using a phone, albeit tethered atm. zzzzzzzzz
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:07 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 1073, mastin2 wrote:And I'm not getting lynched. Nightkilled, sure, lynched, never.

But even if a lynch on me were possible, that'd still just be one of his suspects--in a game of this size, there's going to be 4-5 scum, so he should have 3-4 suspects other than myself.

I've seen it happen when you are scum. And you were the one asking then.

In post 1086, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 1066, Yates wrote:I would entertain a ThAd case if it weren't for the fact he is Lurky McLurkerson and has so little content. That is *my* entire case on ThAd.

I'll have you know,
sir
, that I am the 8th most active player in this game.

The problem is that you seem to be doing very little. Show off a little bit more, please. Be a bold bloke.

In post 1091, Tammy wrote:Also, Mastin's probably town. I had a town read on Cyber anyway and the Mastin read is just stronger. I don't have a whole lot of experience with Mastin, but when we played in GvE together and he thought I was a member of the opposing scum team, he didn't come after me like this. The most of what he said was that I was terribad, but wouldn't really elaborate. The way he went after snifit so strongly reminds me nothing of how he behaved as mafia. And no, meta's not everything, but his tone is completely different. I'm not sure about when he jumped off his suspicions, my minds a bit hazy right now, so I'll need to look at that again...hopefully tomorrow.

I also need to look at snifit closer, his most recent post read really genuine, and some of what I had assumed about him was based on Melmond flipping guilty, which he didn't, so re-evaluations are in order. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and can make sense of some things then.

I do think meta works on mastin, so so far you are ok. While he changed his play through time (mastin was known for drowning out games on his own before and he gradually stopped doing that), the way he plays means he's changing less then the average. He's trying to innovate but the core is the same. The problem is that you compare him having a scumread as scum with faking a scumread as scum. Mastin, again, is the man of great schemes and plans, whether they come into play or not. While mastin is playing confidently, he's at the same time planning how to go on in the next days. In a game where he thinks he has a scumread on a second team, he might think it's a better idea to call them town for some advantage later. There's a difference between him looking town and him trying to make a plan how to win as scum.

I mean, you know he's confident as scum. Just look at his play here, and compare.

Benmage is quite quickly moving to be the most townie player in this game.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:08 am

Post by Benmage »

Yates
what do you think of myko's alignment/his slots exit post.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:17 am

Post by Tammy »

I still have stuff to go through in this game. I'm only feeling a little better and have real life work to catch up with before mafia so that will probably be tomorrow.

But real quick - Ill read and think about your mastin stuff later. My head is so foggy I had to read it three times to understand what you were saying.

Ben - my aco read is weird. I can't read players that play like him as he seems like he's half trolling half real playing. I think the pro claim makes him lean town, but the static ness of his reads leans scum. Like his read on you is weird as I think you're pretty strongly town, just infuriating, and his "until someone tells me youre bad at mafia, I'm keeping you as scum" reads really weird. As it is, he's the type of player I'd not be able to find a reason not to vote for if not for the pgo thing.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:28 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

It appears my AngryPidgeon is wasted at this time, it is not a viable wagon so I am going to switch back to someone I have had on my scumlist since Day 1.

vote:Kise

I need to look over the Snifit case, which I shall today (or tomorrow) when I get a chance to read through properly.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1113, Benmage wrote:
Yates
what do you think of myko's alignment/his slots exit post.
I'll answer your second question first since it leads in to my answer on your first.

First, I have to admit I had to ISO Shah because I forgot Myko replaced her and a LOT has happened since then. I think Shah had some valid points against you and BC, tbh. I didn't/don't understand what she was getting at with the IaI/AP slot. I don't like that slot [AP] either but I'm softening on it a bit. I just feel like everyone had her marked as scum for lurking. I never went down that path because I agreed with her early on about BC [literally her first post]. In retrospect, since she did replace out site wide [her last post on site was her request for replacement] I think that points to it not being a scum gambit so anyone holding on to notions of Shah being scum for LURKING can reconsider. That's the only "case" I remember for Shah-scum.

So, Myko was replacing in to a prob-Town slot for me. I liked that he replaced in with reads on everyone. Agree or disagree with his reads, he's making that info public and that is pro-Town. This was followed by a bunch of catch up posts. Then he did the quick hammer. The hammer was way fast in terms of game time. If it was a quick hammer on scum I think it wouldn't have stood out as much. His reason for quick hammering is because he "didn't want a claim" out of Mel? I don't know. This still bugs me but I guess isn't a huge knock considering ultimately he's right - Melmond was going to be the lynch yesterday. I'm less bullish on Myko-Town than I was Shah-Town but he isn't on my scum radar.

Did you ever respond to her 440? If you did, I can't find it.
Please pm me to pre-in
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:59 am

Post by Tammy »

Oh actually Ben there was one post that struck me as really genuine and had me leaning town by aco. I'll find it later.

KK- I'm going to take what you said as a joke. And I should have never had super town cred from that one observation anyway.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:24 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Apologize in advance. I got a flu or something, so my posts will be less frequent for a week or so. Hi Tammy, :(

Admiral's PV case is interesting but I still think PV is town. Him looking for a town-town connection over a scum-scum connection is odd, but I don't think he would necessarily be more likely to do that as scum.

Jason's vote hop is over-justified. Not sure how I feel about it exactly.

Still not feeling either way about Pidgey or Tammy. Would love some more pidgey activity.

I still think we should save Pappum the trouble, and purge the RC slot from the game. KK wagon is ok.
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:39 am

Post by snifit »

Going through some of Day 1. I wasn't happy with the way the Melmond wagon developed. Looking back, it was two unexplained votes from Tammy and Benmage then a me-too post from zabriel (which looks scummy in retrospect--will have to read zabriel again). KK's hop onto the wagon is gross as well. He absolves himself of all responsibility and says he's just going to sheep Tammy--who voted Melmond without saying why. And it looks like Nero voted him for the jester spec? This wagon was fuelled by naked votes--AP flitted on and off as well without much comment, not to leave him out. The way this wagon stuck around so long and outlasted competed wagons makes me think scum got on early.

I don't think it's Tammy or Benmage. Still think AP is town, and it's not Nero. I'll review zabriel and KK but for now
Vote: Kublai Khan
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:45 am

Post by Benmage »

I don't think KK would interact that way with scumTammy. So KK should be probtown.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:24 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

And its posts like that that make me doubt my Benmage townread.

I get that you are pseudo-V/La, but really why is Tammy scum? She is apparently your biggest read, and you keep basing other reads off of that one, but are doing nothing to convince anyone to vote for her. So, really, why is Tammy scum?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:33 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 1118, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Jason's vote hop is over-justified. Not sure how I feel about it exactly.

How so?

I do agree with you on PV being town, I have had that feeling too.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:37 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

You managed to make 3 excuses for the vote switch in 1 sentence
1. AP vote wasted
2. Wagon not viable
3. Kise being a scumread since D1