Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cybertronix
Spoiler:
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

So both Zoroaster and AV were coaching me? Interesting that I never picked up on any of that.

Not going to bother reading through this right now as things are heating up in my other game.

I don't like how confident you're sounding in this, AP. That picture should be /picardfacepalm.jpg
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 551, Cybertronix wrote:So both Zoroaster and AV were coaching me? Interesting that I never picked up on any of that.

Not going to bother reading through this right now as things are heating up in my other game.

I don't like how confident you're sounding in this, AP. That picture should be /picardfacepalm.jpg

convenient that you showed up at 3.17am (est) to respond to this wagon. shows that you're paying attention, and yet not scum hunting.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

Mildly paying attention and felt the need to chime in yes.

Like I said, I'm playing another game that's in mylo right now and is seeing a lot of action right now so I'm devoting time to that.

Go ahead and build your case on me though. This should be fun.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 538, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 500, pappums rat wrote:zabriel - 5 (
jasonT1981
Kublai Khan,
Zoroaster
Cybertronix,
BloodCovenant
)

Really doubting that everyone on the Zab wagon is town. Kind of nullish on jason, I think BC and Zoro are town. I would not at all mind a Cybertronix wagon.

KK is also orange but you rather wagon a softer/weaker target in cyber?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:30 am

Post by Yates »

In post 537, AngryPidgeon wrote:I don't care about OMGUS at all. Its not a scumtell. I've seen town OMGUS harder than scum actually.

This is actually true. I was guilty of it Day 1 of this game (The Mystery at Lake Village) and The Director did it for the next two days in a row.

In post 552, BloodCovenent wrote:convenient that you showed up at 3.17am (est) to respond to this wagon. shows that you're paying attention, and yet not scum hunting.

In another game I'm in someone called the the "Beetlejuice tell."

It *can* be indicative of scum but this is really similar to post 336:
Spoiler:
In post 336, Yates wrote:
In post 332, Kublai Khan wrote:And he's been posting much more since he's come under suspicion.

Guys, this is a null tell. I seem to see this "logic" in every game and it needs to stop. The fact of the matter is some people don't contribute - especially early game - unless there is something worth commenting on. Seeing people voting for you is worth commenting on regardless of alignment.

Just finished a flawless victory here where the last scum
lurked
under pressure - which is the
opposite
of what was just called scummy.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:32 am

Post by Zoroaster »

Quick posting here:

I did think Cyber was a newbie at first because he said something about theme games and first time playing. I'm sure you could find it in his ISO.

Covenant wrote:This bolded really stood out to me while ISO'ing zoro. Doesn't sit well at all.
Benmage was acting funky at that time.

Covenant wrote:scummy post. calls an inactive player scum.
Considering I didn't remember one post from him and it was nearing or at the 20 page mark when I finished, I think there's something definitely wrong there. It's either with me or him. I'll take my chances on the short-term and blame them on him.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:24 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 540, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 512, Yates wrote:@Acosmist - Serious question; why aren't you contributing to this game? You are supposed to be our conf-Town and leading the charge here. I am not kidding when I say that you did a better job of scum hunting AS SCUM in Metroid than you are doing right now. I am sorely disappointed in your play.

^^

rtft, already answered

You're going to be sad you can't get rid of me this game.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:02 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Had a busy few days, sorry. Will be back after tonights football
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:03 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Analysis of Melmond

- Can't really be null on jasonT1981. Either you think he's town or scum.
- Very passive sentencing. (i.e. "seems", "think", "I don't know")
- Votes for zabriel and BloodCovenant. Neither with any noticeable oomph behind them.
- The BloodCovernant case is very weird. He quotes posts 22 & 42 as being the main core. If that's so, why'd he wait so long and why vote zabriel first?

Summary: There are definite signs of opportunism and trying to move wagons along. I'd like the case better if there was a longer history of it.

In post 508, AngryPidgeon wrote::/ I guess. I see the similarities in the two cases. I can see it if someone else doesn't I guess.. But really, would Zabriel flat out pretend to not know what a safeclaim is (or that it exists) if he were scum?

In post 187, zabriel wrote:Also, Solid Snake is a main character, and one that we'd generally assume is in the game. I feel like it would be too ballsy to fakeclaim when somebody could very easily nameclaim and send him to the gallows quick.

KK, roll with me on this.
If Zabriel is scum, he has a fake claim, right?
Therefore he knows about fake claims and that his previous statement is a load of BS and is making it just to look town. Is Zabriel really capable of that play? Jason, maybe. Zabriel, uhhhhh:
Spoiler:
Did you really have to open this spoiler, or were you just curious to see what could be in it?

Answer to bolded: Not necessarily. There's lots of characters in both the MGS and HP worlds, nevermind both together.

When I said that jasonT1981 town-telled, it's because I made the following assumptions:

1) In a setup that combines both Harry Potter and Metal Gear, it is very likely that the scum team has a combination of both Harry Potter and Metal Gear characters.
2) If jasonT1981 had a scum PM, it would name his scumpartners and the character names of his scumpartners.

Since I had to confirm my role via PM, I know that jasonT1981 had to read his role PM, so if he's scum he'd have to know that there is a mixture of setups. Note: this is why I said at the beginning of the post that people can't be null on jasonT1981. Or if you want to be null, you have to present a good arguing as to why my assumptions are incorrect. (Further note: third party is possible, but falls under the umbrella of scum atm). Either he's on the level (town) or he's faking (scum).

Now, your assumption for zabriel is the following:

1) Scum will always have fakeclaims.

Shorter, less numbers, but I have a tougher time with it. Maybe it's just because I've played more games here and remember when fakeclaims were the exception rather than the rule.

But a bigger part of me is bothered by the fact that it's a much later tell. jasonT1981 made his in his first few posts. zabriel made his pages later and after arguments had been made along of the lines of "people who make incorrect naive assumptions are given towncred".

Quid pro quo. Why are you arguing that jasonT1981 is capable of playing dumb but zabriel isn't?

In post 509, Benmage wrote:
In post 506, Kublai Khan wrote:
I never said his play was bizarre. Where'd you get that?

Here:
In post 332, Kublai Khan wrote:
* His position on Acosmist's claim was a bizarre dance.

Oh. Well, point remains anyways. His actions were bizarre, not his playstyle.

In post 524, Tammy wrote:@ KK - regarding your question in post . It is a noob-tell, but it's more likely to be a noob-town-tell than a noob scum tell without a safe claim. How often have you seen a large theme like this without provided safe claims? I looked and don't see any pappums games here in large, but faraday was one of the reviewers so I'd expect something given. Besides the way he approached it doesn't seem devious, so I don't see it being an intentional fake claim. Also, I'm not interested in playing out guess the mod on this one. I think that along with all the other things I've mentioned make me think hes more likely to be town.

> argues using mod meta (worse, a reviewer's meta)
> states no interest in playing out-guess the mod

arrgh. Fine. I gave it my best case and couldn't drive up interest so maybe I am wrong. Plus ThAdmiral is doing Day 1 wagon analysis which is pretty much the kiss of death.

Unvote

Vote: Cybertronix

I like the case. He is parrotting quite a bit.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 555, Yates wrote:
In post 537, AngryPidgeon wrote:I don't care about OMGUS at all. Its not a scumtell. I've seen town OMGUS harder than scum actually.

This is actually true. I was guilty of it Day 1 of this game (The Mystery at Lake Village) and The Director did it for the next two days in a row.
I agree with this in a sense since scum need to be more careful than town but that doesn't mean that scum don't OMGUS.

IDK, I kinda think AV scum would be less likely tell his buddy to sheep him but idk.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 560, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 555, Yates wrote:

I agree with this in a sense since scum need to be more careful than town but that doesn't mean that scum don't OMGUS.

IDK, I kinda think AV scum would be less likely tell his buddy to sheep him but idk.

FIFY, Nero!!!

Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 457, Kise wrote:What do you think about Kublai?

Pretty null right now, I thought he was slightly scummy before, but he doesn't seem bad now.

In post 534, Benmage wrote:Melmond lynch is where its at!

You still haven't explained this... Why do you think I'm scum anyway?
Also
@tammy
explaination plox.

Catching up right now, more in a few hours.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 557, Acosmist wrote:
In post 512, Yates wrote:@Acosmist - Serious question; why aren't you contributing to this game? You are supposed to be our conf-Town and leading the charge here. I am not kidding when I say that you did a better job of scum hunting AS SCUM in Metroid than you are doing right now. I am sorely disappointed in your play.

^^

rtft, already answered

Apparently "alot is going on IRL" but you make sure you find time to post your smartass comments like this one.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:51 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 553, Cybertronix wrote:Mildly paying attention and felt the need to chime in yes.

Like I said, I'm playing another game that's in mylo right now and is seeing a lot of action right now so I'm devoting time to that.

Go ahead and build your case on me though. This should be fun.

Case has been built. Feel free to respond to it.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:12 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 563, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 557, Acosmist wrote:

^^

rtft, already answered

Apparently "alot is going on IRL" but you make sure you find time to post your smartass comments like this one.

??? Are you paying any attention at all? That was one night,
after which I have been posting

So, are you going to call irl things into question? Because that's a different conversation, and not exactly one for a mafia game. That's a whole-forum, ThAd-isn't-really-welcome-here thing.

I trust we'll never hear any more about it, yes?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:12 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 550, AngryPidgeon wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cybertronix

you have spent a lot of time saying you wouldn't mind his wagon and you think he is scum, he is probably scum.

but you have done very very little to actually back up why you think this. Bandwagon hop I think trying to get onto a wagon un-noticed.

vote:AngryPidgeon
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 548, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 546, BloodCovenent wrote:@ThAd, I've got a heavier scum read on cyber, and no real read on Zoroaster, wanna start a Cyber wagon with me?

Unvote:
Vote: Cyber

Why not.

vote: cyber

Check out zoro though.

With the already heeavy thoughts on BC being possible scum, this interaction does not strike me as town.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:15 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 567, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 548, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 546, BloodCovenent wrote:@ThAd, I've got a heavier scum read on cyber, and no real read on Zoroaster, wanna start a Cyber wagon with me?

Unvote:
Vote: Cyber

Why not.

vote: cyber

Check out zoro though.

With the already heeavy thoughts on BC being possible scum, this interaction does not strike me as town.

Well duh. Question is which do we lynch first? Embarrassment of riches in this game.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:17 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 559, Kublai Khan wrote:Maybe it's just because I've played more games here and remember when fakeclaims were the exception rather than the rule.

Why not look up pappums' modded games? Yates and I could tell you about it. I think Pere is a player itg.

Also, fakeclaims are the rule now, due to not breaking games with stupidness.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:20 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 508, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 506, Kublai Khan wrote:Let me understand this.. You read the first 5 pages and the ISO of the guy you'd be replacing, then you got your PM. Then you re-read the game? Why?

I saw the spot in the Q. I read the ISO. I skimmed the first few pages (probably was less than 5 tbh) and then requested it.

@Kublai: What did my response to this tell you about me?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:29 am

Post by Acosmist »

AngryPidegeon sup
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:32 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Jason, what does the Zabriel flip tell you about Acosmist? You've spent an awful lot of time saying that, but you have done very little to clarify why.

Short bullet points against Cyber:
Not very much content.
One of his first points of interest is that setup spec may be anti-town. Really easy point to make, looks like posting for the sake of posting.
The jason/Yates townreads for their AV interactions are also really easy analysis. Posting for the sake of posting.
Says Zabriel is scummy for thinking that people AV interacted with aren't necessarily cleared. That is scummy how?
His whole Zabriel case is absurdly forced. Just read post 402 and tell me its genuine.
Accuses Zabriel of deflecting attention for posting a comment about something between Cyber/Acos. Once again, how is that scummy? Do you honestly expect town to just OMGUS and defend themselves under pressure and NOT give a shit about the rest of the players?

When asked about why Nero, Jason, Yates are town he says that AV's RVS on jason clears Jason. On a scale from 1 to nope: nope.

And that is pretty much all he has contributed. A trio of really easy and forced townreads and a very forced case on Zabriel right when he was getting popular.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:40 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Hi jason, answer the question. Don't think about it, just answer.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:56 am

Post by Acosmist »

ask me stuff too

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”