Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh shariza slot is probstown.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 523, Tammy wrote:What do you think of his vote on you.

Its literally the only thing making me think he may not be town. It was pretty awkward. Its not enough to make me think he isn't though.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 526, AngryPidgeon wrote:It was pretty awkward.

But that is easily explainable if hes reaction testing me. The below quote kind of reads that way.

In post 510, Yates wrote:I *am* voting you. Now.

While everything you said in 497 is true, none of that is the guarantee I am Town you are pretending it to be.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 519, AngryPidgeon wrote:And I'm selectively scum hunting? How? I have at least 5 people on my FoS list the last time I checked.

1.You should read
2. Do you even understand the term selective scum hunting?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

@Kise, Ben
-Is this really scum or is his derpyness just inexperience?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

They haven't played with me before, stop buddying them and commit to an opinion of me.

Explain 1.

Re pidgey: I have a slight pidgey grudge because IMO he lost 1347 for town after I put thor at l - 1 pre-lylo. Bad sportsmanship on my end, I actually enjoy playing with pidgey though. On phone.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no. you fucking go back and read it.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Oh, well I told you I hadnt read the wall. Be more clear. Im about to drive home from work. Post in a bit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you hadn't read the wall but you found where I accused you of selective scumhunting but it was to hard to read the sentence after that explained it....schools have really gone down hill these days.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by Benmage »

I haven't read much, mainly because I'm too lazy to sit down and read this last few pages.

From what I've skimmed... AP looks like inexperienced town.

Melmond lynch is where its at!
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 1.14

"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair... and a hand-me-down robe. You must be a Weasley." -Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone

AngryPidgeon - 6 (ThAdmiral, Kise, Acosmist, Nero Cain, rapidcanyon, Yates)
zabriel - 5 (jasonT1981, Kublai Khan, Zoroaster, Cybertronix, BloodCovenant)
Melmond - 4 (Tammy, Benmage, zabriel, AngryPidgeon)
BloodCovenant - 2 (snifit, Melmond)
snifit - 1 (PeregrineV)

Not voting - Shahrizai, Amrun

Searching for a replacement for Shahrizai

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST on October 29, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by Amrun »

Fuuuuuuuuuuck I'm only on like page 5. When I get to 10, I'll post about it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 516, Nero Cain wrote:Not all scum will give a pusher a town read but some do in an attempt to get the pusher off their backs. Some scum will OMGUS (as you have) some scum will flat out ignore accusations. Tells are nice and all but intent is probably a better indication of alignment.

Yes and some scum are very calm under pressure (more than town). So we have literally just named off every possible scum reaction to being attacked. What is scummy and what isn't? The fact of the matter is that none of these are reliable tells.

In post 516, Nero Cain wrote:This is all rhetorical since I don't trust you to give me a fair answer but lets say you had called a slot scum, slot comes under immense pressure, slot replaces out, new occupant of the slot calls the pusher of the old occupant scum. Would you not find that suspicious? Would you not think OMGUS? I'm betting you would.

I don't care about OMGUS at all. Its not a scumtell. I've seen town OMGUS harder than scum actually. I'd quote a game, but ongoing and stuff. (AP is SO inexperienced.). And how on earth can OMGUS happen across replacements. that doesn't make sense. Its an emotional knee jerk calling someone scum when they do it to you. Fucking buzzwords man, wow.

In post 516, Nero Cain wrote:But I don't even get why you are bringing this up. I was responding to "Why would you [IaI] join a game to be v/la for the first two weeks... Mind blowing" All I said was that I don't think this was Ben trying to caim IAI was town for that as you seemed to imply.

Oh, no I wasn't saying IaI was town for that. I was just taking my frustration out on IaI.

In post 516, Nero Cain wrote:Context is everything. Zab has been ignoring ALOT of questions. Ben had asked what he meant. I asked him if he ever answered that. But this does bring up a important question. Why are you selectively scumhunting? I'm a scumread for asking if Zab ever answered this but Ben is a town read for asking this? lol wut?

Benmage is town for other reasons. I don't see why you purposely interjected into Ben/Zab's discussion. But I see your point anyways. I was at work, I was skimming really fast earlier.

In post 534, Benmage wrote:From what I've skimmed... AP looks like
inexperienced
town.

Officially ignoring any post that calls me inexperienced, etc from now on.

Add Tammy to leaning town reads.

Happy Scumday Snifit.

More Melmond votes.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 500, pappums rat wrote:zabriel - 5 (
jasonT1981
Kublai Khan,
Zoroaster
Cybertronix,
BloodCovenant
)

Really doubting that everyone on the Zab wagon is town. Kind of nullish on jason, I think BC and Zoro are town. I would not at all mind a Cybertronix wagon.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 455, Acosmist wrote:
In post 415, ThAdmiral wrote:If you are being serious you might want to check your iso.

Answering people's specific questions about my claim != me not being able to stop talking about it

Good to know you're going to bat for him, though. Makes me feel good about catching ALL the scums!

In post 456, Acosmist wrote:Seriously, the more I think about this the more I'm wondering how much we can forgive people for being village idiots. What exactly is a person supposed to do when pressed about the claim he made post 1? Ignore those posts completely? Because if someone ANSWERING DIRECT QUESTIONS INSTEAD OF IGNORING THEM somehow evinces an obsession of mine, then [arbitrary conclusion because seriously premise is false in all possible worlds]. I can guarantee that if I hadn't answered those questions, I would be getting heat for that from the same quarters.

So nope.

I think the point is: what else have you done besides answering questions.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 512, Yates wrote:@Acosmist - Serious question; why aren't you contributing to this game? You are supposed to be our conf-Town and leading the charge here. I am not kidding when I say that you did a better job of scum hunting AS SCUM in Metroid than you are doing right now. I am sorely disappointed in your play.

^^
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Hi Admiral. Is your vote one me purely a layover from IaI?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Just going to do some wagon analysis. Have no idea what will turn up, but I am at a bit of loose ends right now as I'm not 100% happy with my ap vote and I've cooled on bc being scum.

In post 327, pappums rat wrote:
Votecount 1.8

zabriel - 6 (jasonT1981, Melmond, Nero Cain, Kublai Khan, I Am Innocent, Zoroaster)

In post 535, pappums rat wrote:
Votecount 1.14

AngryPidgeon - 6 (ThAdmiral, Kise, Acosmist, Nero Cain, rapidcanyon, Yates)

These are the two biggest wagons so far today at their peak (as far as I can recall). Now one would expect in a large game like this for there to be at least 1, possibly 2, scum on a wagon this size regardless of the alignment of the wagonee (due to bussing/distancing, or rival scumteams etc.).
Any analysis should be taken with a grain of salt, however, as this is not always the case, and without any other flips the analysis will tend to be pretty weak at this stage. In any case it might be something interesting to look back on in later days.

Notes:
- nero is on both, but I have him as a town read (due to "catching" av).
- on the zab wagon jason, nero and kk are all townreads leaving melmond, iai/ap and zoroaster.
- other than myself on the ap/IaI wagon yates, nero and aco are all townreads. I also lean town on rapidcanyon which means kise is my pick for scum on the wagon if there is one.
- other people that have voted zab throughout the day are tammy, cybertronix, bloodcovenent (are there any more? I haven't done a full check but these are people that have shown up on other vote counts). I have a town read on tammy, and am currently leaning town on bc.

Conclusions:
Need to have a closer look at the following:
- melmond
- zoroaster
- kise
- cybertronix
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 541, AngryPidgeon wrote:Hi Admiral. Is your vote one me purely a layover from IaI?

More or less. Am looking at other options now.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Well the fact that you didn't unvote is probably a towntell >.>
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

These are all relatively short. Nice.

- melmond
Melmond looks good to me. Mainly because he comes to a lot of the same conclusions I have (which indicates he is coming from a town perspective), and has explained himself and his thought processes fairly well from the get go. I also like how he isn't afraid of saying that his opinions changed (mainly in regards to zabriel) - I've often found that scum will find a target and then not budge off them unless they have a good reason to do so.

- zoroaster
Zoroaster's vote against jason doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't think "quick decisiveness" is a scumtell. I also don't like his zabe vote. I also don't like how he asked me questions such as why I didnt' think zab was scummy, but then when I gave an answer he never followed up on it. Seems like he is trying to keep justifying his spot on the zabriel wagon rather than fairly looking at whether it is a good wagon or not.

- kise
Hard to get a good read on, but what I do like is that he is coming at things from interesting angles: being suspicious of kk for "pulling strings", snift for his half-assed vote on shah. He's looking at players that other people aren't, and while that's not necessarily indicative of alignment it is something that I would like to keep in this game.

- cybertronix
Not a great iso. He talks about pr speculation for his first few post and then jumps on an easy zab wagon by parroting some other points.

Zoroaster and cyber now scumreads.

vote: zoroaster
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

@ThAd, I've got a heavier scum read on cyber, and no real read on Zoroaster, wanna start a Cyber wagon with me?

Unvote:
Vote: Cyber
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 215, Zoroaster wrote:
Benmage wrote:Anywhose, glad to see noone was like zomg Snake must be town, as that is baloney.
Do you want to roleclaim?

In post 81, Yates wrote:That isn't a role fish and you know it. I never asked him for his role OR his character name. It's a simple exercise. If you are going to speculate that roles
may not
match flavor, wouldn't you check yourself before posting?
Yeah, it is.

This bolded really stood out to me while ISO'ing zoro. Doesn't sit well at all.

In post 310, Zoroaster wrote:
Kise wrote:that would be MGS theme exclusive.
I forgot there for a moment that Acosmith claimed Snake. Don't know how.

BenMage wrote:@Zoroaster, I'm assuming you're up to date with the thread now? What's your opinion on IAI?
Actually do not remember reading one post by him, so you're going to have to give me time on that.

That being said, if he's not a replacement, he's leaning scum off the bat.

Ah. I see why you ask now Benmage. That does throw my read off a bit. There's time though--so I'll stick with gut for the time being.

Unvote, Vote: Zabriel

scummy post. calls an inactive player scum. It's kind of like calling the kettle black. hmmm... that would definitely be interesting if he votes AP in the future based off that reasoning.

Actually, Cyber and Zoro have some interesting interactions between each other, almost as if there is some coaching coming from Zoro to Cyber, but i could just be misinterpreting that. If either of them get lynched that would yield some juicy shit.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 546, BloodCovenent wrote:@ThAd, I've got a heavier scum read on cyber, and no real read on Zoroaster, wanna start a Cyber wagon with me?

Unvote:
Vote: Cyber

Why not.

vote: cyber

Check out zoro though.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades