Guild Wars II GAME RELEASE happened a while ago

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:10 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 182, redFF wrote:What I'm actually saying is pay to get gear faster and easier than other players equals pay 2 win.

that's not what it means at all. It means paying to get something that people playing the game without paying cannot get. It's pay for convenience, not pay to win.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:29 am

Post by SocioPath »

In post 190, SocioPath wrote:
In post 190, SocioPath wrote:
In post 187, redFF wrote:
In post 183, SocioPath wrote:
In post 182, redFF wrote:What I'm actually saying is pay to get gear faster and easier than other players equals pay 2 win.
Which is a staple for every MMO ever.
I'm still not following, point out where this is in WoW, or any mmo with a $15 a month sub.
Gold farming exists for a reason.
so you're saying this is a replacement for gold farming/selling? And you're fine with that being part of a game you played for?
Are you purposely trying to mimic the stereotypical six year old that asks "Why?" to every single question that is answered?
You aren't even following the same train of thought, you ask one thing then immediately jump to things completely unrelated, completely disregarding any answers that you may have received.
Just read what is quoted in that pyramid to see that nothing you say makes sense.

Don't ask questions if you are not looking for answers.

redFF wrote:Two players in GW2 with equal characters, the person who has paid money has acquired all their gear quicker and easier than the person who didn't pay anything.
Two players in GW2 with equal characters, the person who has played more has acquired all their gear quicker and easier than the person who didn't play as much.

And considering the person that plays more can get more currency which then can be used to buy the cash shop currency which can then be used to buy the boosters that can make his playing more worth even more...and...
...and Shut Up.

redFF wrote:And if you think these karmaboosts are going to be it, come back and quote me in a years time. First they said it would be cosmetic and nothing giving anyone an advantage, now they have things to help you get gear quicker. Slippery slope.
redFF wrote:Slippery slope.
You really just throw words out at random, don't you.
You have zero independent spoken thoughts, it is all just regurgitation that you have leeched off of others.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Post by Brandi »

:cryin:
ITS OVER :<

Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Post by Brandi »

also I accidentally got this girl in my screenshot but it's pretty funny:
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:29 am

Post by GreyICE »

Cool, so we should start coordinating so we have a decent mix of roles and stuff.

I'm planning to go Mesmer, but I could go Guardian if we just don't have any.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:37 am

Post by Staeg »

It doesn't really matter all too much as long as we have a guardian and probably a necro. I'll play a necro and/or a warrior.
sa vrede?
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:38 am

Post by Nuwen »

Will be playing any/all of thief, mesmer, necro.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 am

Post by Fate »

I don't think mix is all that important outside Guardian, that's what I love about this game.

We did Dungeons of Ascalon BWE2 with two Thieves, Two Engineers and me a Mesmer.

What we should sort out is crafts

Probably rolliing a Ranger, Warrior, or Mesmer.

Main professions:
Huntsman
Weaponsmith
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:02 am

Post by Staeg »

What do those people call professions, anyway, if classes are professions? (checked: disciplines)

Oh and mine will be armorsmith and one of jeweler/weaponsmith if warrior and artificer+jewelcrafter if necro.
sa vrede?
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:34 am

Post by Nuwen »

Cooking is incredibly fun, but I don't know if I'll level it on my first toon. It's a HUGE gold sink with few returns. Might be better off leveling something with a better economic splash while the server is young.

Anyone have ideas for cash cows? On release/new MMO servers I always dominate the market with a few essential things: bag/inventory space, crafting materials w/ low drop:use ratios, minipets (http://dulfy.net/2012/06/17/gw2-minisminipets/!), or gaming the trading post by buying out certain types of semi-common materials and artificially inflating their cost (this is immoral and trickles into the rest of the economy, but whatevs).
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:38 am

Post by Staeg »

The latter, I think, is called monopoly.

I haven't done any research on this subject whatsoever. Will need to look at things once game comes out.
sa vrede?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:58 am

Post by Fate »

I think your joy at discovering french toast and cinnamor swirls constitutes a huge return ;D
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:18 am

Post by GreyICE »

I'll basically take whatever professions people want me to, so just tell me what we're short of. I once dumped tailoring and had 450 Jewelcrafting in 2 days, it's like... professions, whatever. No attachment to them.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:12 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Since the game is designed that you can have any combination of classes and still complete stuff, it shouldn't be a huge deal what we roll. I'm planning on a Necro as my main, personally.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 am

Post by Katsuki »

How much time is required for GW2 anyways?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:50 am

Post by Staeg »

It depends on what you want to do. I'd expect PvP to require very little time, since you don't even need to grind to get the best gear.
sa vrede?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 am

Post by SocioPath »

The easiest way to make money on the market is to sell the things in highest demand, but to buy them from other parts of the market that are lesser in demand.

For example, say copper ore is worth 23 copper.
And people, leveling their crafting skills, make 100s of something worthless, like a low level chainmail helmet, which they then sell for 10 copper.
Buying such and then salvaging it will yield you 1-3 copper.
And doing this by using a cheap salvage kit that costs 88 copper for 25 uses, because at this point, you don't care about the higher returns you'd get from the rarer materials you'd get from more expensive salvage kits.
Which after you salvage these dozens upon dozens of cheap helms, you'll have hundreds of worthwhile copper.
Which, because copper is always in such high demand because of low level crafting that everyone in the game will get thru, will sell instantly, making you a massive profit.

There are too many ways to count that this exact type of scenario applies to the market, and I still discover new ones.

Another method is take 4 of the same crappy low level weapon with the modifier that you want. (i.e. mighty)
Take these to the mystic forge, throw all 4 in.
You now have a worthwhile higher level weapon, perhaps also of higher quality, to sell back on the market.

The buying out to artificially inflate prices in the market will work once you have a good chunk of money to do this with.
This is best done with cheaper priced goods because each copper increase in price is more exponentially gainful to your profits.
Changing a price from 45 copper each to 50 copper each isn't as big of a deal as changing something from 4 copper to 5 copper.

This is especially handy if you -know- the market WILL inflate itself rapidly before too long.
The main example for this that I have found is iron ore.
Immediately, its worth more compared to copper ore, as it should be.
But the market gets super saturated with them because the rate as which people level up crafting to hit the iron level is less than the rate at which people flood the market with the iron.
So iron gets down to sub-8 copper levels.
But waiting until the point of demand, and buying out all the low priced iron, when everyone hits the iron level and starts demanding it, if you've "artificially" inflated it by buying it out, while also never selling any until that point happens, the amount of profit will be absurd.

When playing the market in general, its good to have high demand low priced things that you'll make an instant profit from, and lower demand pricey things which will sell eventually for larger chunks.
That way you can continue to buy more things to sell with the instant money you make, and slowly put more into the costlier selling of such for after you are done and come back later. (e.g. sleeping at night)
Long term investments verses the day trading you are doing will make you more money in the long term, so its good not to neglect it.

Somewhat related, it will also be good to learn market fluctuation based on time zones.
People generally sleep at night, so they aren't stocking the market with a constant supply of goods.
With the people that are awake, it only takes a single person to grind out some crafting to inflate prices higher than normal.
So in the early morning hours, things that were priced higher than the market average, will be much more likely to sell.
So for example, you were day trading copper and selling it for 23 copper each, but also took a chunk and sold that for 30 copper each, that chunk would likely sell at night.

Another branch entirely for the market, is buy orders.
These essentially far in the category of long term investments because they'll take longer and slowly trickle to you.
But they are essential to everything you do for helping maximize profits because you'll be generally paying much lower than the market price, even if you just immediately sell it back at the standard pricing.

ONE method I was using for this that no longer exists, yet is still worth covering anyways, was buying things for cheaper than NPC pricing.
The first 2 BWE you could set any price you wanted for buy orders, or selling.
So I would make buy orders for things like, blueberry muffins or whatever, any cheap crafting result that no one wants but would be generally worthless otherwise.
Then I would directly sell them to NPCs for the profit because they had a higher NPC price of something like 15 copper.
BUT THIS WAS CHANGED, AND I AM SAD.
But this is good news for those that don't have to time to check every NPC price of -everything- they'll be dealing with in the market, so few stupid decisions will be made.

Each BWE I've been making tons of -gold- from spending a little time learning and understanding how the market functions.
Even after the reset for BWE3, I still made several gold.

And all this is profit AFTER I geared myself out fully.
Which is important for wvw, because of the way the multipliers work to your base stats, and is a whole nother subject entirely.

After we get the guild bank up and running, people should feel free to load it up with everything they find "useless" and everything else that is useful, as I'll most likely find a way to turn it into a way to make profits.

But for yourself, the quickest way to learn the market is to stick with and learn a tab (from the search options) and find ways to make money off the things provided.
Each tab is a gold mine, and I haven't even touched the dye or mini market yet.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:16 am

Post by Fate »

Nominate Sociopath for Quartermaster, Bank Manager, Troll Killer, and all around Mastermind Behind the Scenes
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:04 am

Post by Staeg »

2nd
sa vrede?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:19 am

Post by Brandi »

A short video I made. Couldn't do much with the ending but, Socio made that jump for me lol.
I was looking through everything I recorded and decided to do this with it :3
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Post by Bitmap »

I just got retail. My new alias is Baka.3170.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Brandi »

STAG YOU ARE ONLY 15 YEARS OLD WHAT THE FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I THOUGHT YOU WERE IN YOUR 20's
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:05 am

Post by Staeg »

Uh what? Why?
sa vrede?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:11 am

Post by Brandi »

:I
Because you don't talk or type like a retard.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:16 am

Post by Staeg »

:I indeed
sa vrede?

Return to “The Arcade”