Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Post by Teleporting Speed Hippos »

In post 1819, Glork wrote:
Still not really understanding hte massive amount of Ludihate. Can someone please bullet-point the reasons he is scum?

AV's made quite a few posts about it.
Spoiler: Ludi scum
In post 1445, Teleporting Speed Hippos wrote:
In post 1440, Magister Ludi wrote:On the off chance you are town, I know your slot could be a powerful force for the town.

Why do you think it's an off-chance? I've seen hardly anything in a ctrl+F of your ISO to suggest you really have a strong scum read on MoI. Your only real expression of their scumminess is that they voted for you, and your biased to think they must be scum. That doesn't seem like the sort of conviction to make someone say it's at best an "off-chance" that they're town. Especially combined with the claim you make in the very same post above that you're joining it mainly to stir discussion and get town out of the weird place they're in.

So a couple of catch-me-up buttercup questions.

What's this "bad mojo" that will happen if day goes on too long?
Can someone post a concise case against MoI? I asked Pere and he says he can't find one.
Why did the Toasty wagon crumble?

I'm going to put all of these concerns together in a simple action:
Unvote; Vote: MagisterLudi

I already think ML is scum from before my holiday when he used the word "odd" after calling someone out for using the word "odd". That's been solidified by his claim that Pere only put ML in the FoS list because he's been "pressuring us," when if anything he's only on us because I called him out earlier in the game. Then there's his latest post which YUCK.
Alchemist tells us that there is support for this lynch amongst enough players to make this a real possibility for the near future. That takes care of bad mojo.
The lack of a convincing case against MoI makes me wonder why the wagon is so large, and if a lot of those votes are apathetic/day-ending, they would do just as well on ML which is a far superior lynch given what Pere has said to me.
The ToastyWagon (which Pere is on) isn't likely to go anywhere any time soon, so I think our slot's vote can be better used.

[I just searched for a Hippopotamousse image to finish this post, but sadly, I can't find any. This short note to symbolise the hippo-shaped hole that has been left in my heart will have to suffice.]
~AV

In post 1448, Teleporting Speed Hippos wrote:
In post 453, Magister Ludi wrote:Gamma's 447 is also a pretty good find. I don't think singersinger really knows what she is saying here. She puts down a vote on Tammy, and then a few hours (~15) later seemingly forgets where it is, calls tammy super town, and decides to call SpyreX, who was also on the Tammy wagon, scum, and Magua, scum, (who knows why) but doesn't shift her vote to either of them.

You don't see MoI scum.

In post 1116, Magister Ludi wrote:And MaguaoI is harder for me to give a solid because they voted me, I'm biased in thinking anyone voting me is scum pushing for a mislynch. Of any wagons with multiple votes, this is the one I would join.

The only reason it seems you find him scummy is because he voted you. As a result, you say yourself here that your read isn't solid.

In post 1167, Magister Ludi wrote:You talked about getting short and to the point in one of your posts, could you do that in explaining what about MoI-scum I, and a few others, are misinterpreting

You don't see MoI scum.

In post 1440, Magister Ludi wrote:Combined, it isn't easy to get big liquid wagons going. The MoI wagon has taken a long time coming, and it's only at L-3 or so, and it actually doesn't look like it's going to be a lynch. I'm not as sold on their scumminess as I am on others, but I was willing to vote the wagon on the basis of getting something going and getting some meaningful reactions, and lynching someone who isn't in my null section or above.

It's been a long time coming but this is the first real place you've stated a solid suspicion, and even then you're "not as sold" on it. Doesn't sound like there's only an "off chance" on him being scum, does it?

---

In post 355, Teleporting Speed Hippos wrote:Pere's still not checked in...

In post 318, Magister Ludi wrote:
Teleporting wrote:Okay UN, you had your chance to explain the vote on Tammy"Town"
Unvote; Vote: UberNinja

I'm holding off on other comments until I've spoken to Pere (#firsthydra)
~AV

Reading through, it first struck me as odd that TSH would withhold comments on most things abritrarily, and then post a sentence pointing out the fact that he is withholding comment.
In post 117, Magister Ludi wrote:What['s] odd [about it], and [is it] bad? If so, why?

If you think it comes from scum, please say so. Using a word like odd feels.... weasely. It allows you to say something without really making a stance.

FoS: Magister Ludi

...Oops, did you not think I could actually back up what I had to say?

In post 1532, Teleporting Speed Hippos wrote:Responding to the most derp points you've made before I leave:

In post 1515, Magister Ludi wrote:4. I wanted you to quote what you're talking about here, but alas you didnt. I join wagons to lynch people I think are scum, primarily. All else is secondary. Never stated differently.

"I was willing to vote the wagon on the basis of getting something going and getting some meaningful reactions, and lynching someone who isn't in my null section or above. "

"Getting something going" was the first (primary) thing you mentioned.
Coming after "At this point in the game, we've entered a weird sort of zone that is making it hard to get things done.", yeah, you did say your vote was mainly to push us out of a rut.

In post 1515, Magister Ludi wrote:6. Biggest lie in the game. Your slot posted #257, and then I expressed suspicion of you in post 318, well before you CAN BACK IN and fos'sed me in 355. Please use facts.

Says the guy who thinks we only included him in the Suspect list because he's been "pressuring" us when it's clear that I FoS'd you way before any real pressure on your part - and fuck off, you can't say "odd" expresses suspicion when "It allows you to say something without really making a stance." This is EXACTLY the hypocrisy I was talking about earlier. So kindly eat hemp.

The rest if necessary I will speak about later.

~~~

If this was a "nightly" scum kill I'd expect the day to change.
Spy's suggestion of a country claim is interesting. There should DEFINITELY not be a name claim - hasn't someone already suggested this?

~P
-AV and PeregrineV-
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

man this vote is legitimately garbage
vote: nexus

i think one of ddd, dana, or tsh is scum from votecounts

i need to read over more stuff when i actually have time to do it, hopefully tomorrow afternoon

but yeah my vote above is really lazy and he has an okay or better chance of being scum but quicklynching him has the potential to let us "catch up" in cycles I think and his play is not something I want in this game at all. so yeah I fully support a nexus lynch now but if theres no lynch for a day or so I will go over stuff and give a vote that isn't lazy garbage.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Um apparently I got prodded on V/LA...

Yeah on V/LA til whenever SoL ends since I forgot my laptop charger.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

to be honest i'm also seriously considering voting magister ludi just for the tone of his posts even though i think the content of it is at least decent.

while i have a little time ludi do you have any reads that you think the majority of the game would disagree with? also actually i think this is better can i get your strongest town read that everyone would say "well that's obvious". multiple town reads that fit that criteria would also be useful, i just don't want to see a big list I want to see what you'd be willing to stand up for and be like "FUCK YOU GUYS <etc> IS TOWN AND <optional reasons and/or the word REASONS>
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

also i'm right across from sir useless cupcake himself

SUP
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Post by UberNinja »

and I'm sitting next to both of you fuckers

SUP
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I'll answer Duplicity and TSH in the morning (though I will say I've already shown that all of TSH points were pretty much rubbish yesterday)

Since this will take less time,

Gamma wrote:to be honest i'm also seriously considering voting magister ludi just for the tone of his posts even though i think the content of it is at least decent.

What's wrong with my tone here?

while i have a little time ludi do you have any reads that you think the majority of the game would disagree with?

Erm, Teleporting Speed Hippos scum (seriously, no one joined me on this yesterday) Alchemist scum, SpyreX town, Toasty town: I've had this read since he was getting wagoned yesterday, and now it seems to be help by more people.

also actually i think this is better can i get your strongest town read that everyone would say "well that's obvious". multiple town reads that fit that criteria would also be useful, i just don't want to see a big list I want to see what you'd be willing to stand up for and be like "FUCK YOU GUYS <etc> IS TOWN AND <optional reasons and/or the word REASONS>

Glork, Tierce, Toasty, SpyreX. I already mentioned these four people. Hindu is looking pretty town too, wouldn't want to lynch him.

Those questions were really off beat, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. If someone I think is town is in danger, I almost always defend them. Do you want others to answer these questions as well?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Also, in regards to nailing one of nexus or oman, I'd prefer oman. Nexus at least has his suspicions in the right place re: Alchemist and TSH. Though both have done not much of anything this entire game.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:23 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

further also uberninja
is
was to my left
so also also also also also also
sup

okay done spamming the thread now.

previous questions are legitimately important and ludi should answer them in a manner that won't make my eyes glaze over the thread

and my other vote is secretly less bad than I said it was but I don't think as good as this

Unvote, Vote: Avenging Angel

went back over haze's iso and I really don't like the majority of his posts, it looked like a lot of empty questions and a bit of information instead of analysis.

if nexus can get lynched QUICKLY i will absolutely revote him but I think avenging angel is a very good vote right now based on haze's play.

@ludi- haven't read your big post but LOLGUT says alche is town. i'll actually read the other post in a sec.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

okay read it

don't really care about other people answering the questions, although I think they are generally helpful questions so if they want to for shits and giggles I certainly won't complain

glork tierce and toasty are all people who people would say "duhhhhhhhhh he's town" to come on I want more interesting reads than that

spyrex is an okay strong town read for that question, kind of assuming why is in your iso somewhere so i'll just read that later, if it''s not reasons are awesome.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Yeah, a lot of people think alchemist is town, but his slot is still bothering me. I can't shake it. Maybe it will be my downfall, I don't know.

SpyreX town is not in my iso, so I'll give you that in the morning. I'm also going to say I'm not in the business of just making stuff up on the spot, I have my strong town reads, but not many else I would slot up into that group really. I don't think it is a mistake a lot of people have town reads on them, they've been doing good stuff so far.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

also @ludi-

tone is stuff like voting oman and tsh because you think they need more attention
actually i guess that's not reaaaaally tone so if you want to be superspecific pretend i just said it was lolgut.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Post by Tammy »

Okay, this has been a fun catch-up. I'm tired, it's late, I've had vodka, blah blah blah.

Noce to see Spyrex is still confirmation bias wrong wrong wrong and can't see straight to do anything else.

Still get a sense of Ludi talking out of both sides of his mouth. blech. He even admits it in . You have to speak Spyrex's language, ie say one thing to Spyrex while saying another thing to me. blech. Could vote, but even thought he makes my scumdar hit red levels, something tells me he's just scummy town. But, seriously, hai, you have a scum read on Alchemist? I mean I could see being irritated with him, but irritation doesn't equal scum. Actually could easily vote today. He's just too compliant and concerned with getting people to tell him just what he's done and what's wrong with his tone, and he's leaving far too much open to swing with the wind. Don't. like. at. all.

Don't know why UN thinks that town care less than scum do. Also, don't know why some people are losing their town read of her. She still reads town to me. I just don't see some of the things she's said coming from scum.

Really don't understand Tierce's FOS on MoI (although I'm still suspicious of them too and am nowhere willing to just say they're town), but the whole nation thing is weird. My nation is clearly stated in my role pm and my name is the color of my nation. Why would it be weird for someone who's role pm has that information clearly stated to not know that some poeple's doesn't? Yes, I know that the sample pm doesn't have it, but people pay a lot more attention to their own role pm than to the one at the front.

So, now we have three people who have warned us about changing their meta. Must resist smarm response...blech...okay can't :smarm: Actually, I like Angel's meta's double-edged sword thing. It totally is. I know some people love it and rely on it, but meh it can sometimes lead you seriously astray. I think the thing I like the least is that he made a point of pointing out that he made the decision not to reveal before receiving his role pm. It struck me as off...not sure why though. Ask me when my mind isn't clouded...maybe...but right now...vodka and tired. But, what is kind of funny is that in the same exact post that he calls meta a double edged sword, he dumpster dives through Spyrex's games to see if he pulls off gambits as scum. Odd.

@Glork
Do you have a town read on MoI now from the claim?

Still really really willing to vote Nexus. Actually
vote: Nexus

Reading Dana as town cuz I read Z as town...so yeah...keeping that town read.

And Gamma voices the problem I'm having with Ludi. Content is fine, tone feels off. Like that he thinks Spyrex town read isn't a general thing as well as a Toasty town read. I thought most of the game had town reads on both of them...or am I just living in my own head and think everyone thinks like me?
I'm a town force, they should

Also, can someone tell me how to vote in which you get that little white highlight around the vote? kthnxgoodnight :)
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1829, Gammagooey wrote:also i'm right across from sir useless cupcake himself

SUP

SUP

At least I almost brought a game home for us until Socio decided to crosskill his strongest townread.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

we'll always have GooeyCupcake, the best scumhydra of all time.

uh i should put content here so this isn't a completely fluff post

oh i'll check the votecount tomorrow after i wake up to see if i should revote nexus

bam look at dat content so good.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1837, Tammy wrote:Don't know why UN thinks that town care less than scum do. Also, don't know why some people are losing their town read of her. She still reads town to me. I just don't see some of the things she's said coming from scum.

FYI, i think you are a little confused. just so it's 100% clear
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count (13):
Rolf and Mist
:right: Magister Ludi (L-7) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro, Duplicity, Alchemist, Teleporting Speed Hippos, MaguaofIllusion, Shmugen
Teleporting Speed Hippos (L-10) ~ Hinduragi, Glork, Magister Ludi
SpyreX (L-12) ~ GreyICE
UberNinja (L-12) ~ Lady Lambdadelta
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-12) ~ danakillsu
Avenging Angel (L-12) ~ Gammagooey
Nexus (L-12) ~
Gammagooey,
Tammy
Alchemist (L-13) ~
UberNinja

Not Voting:
dramonic,
Gammagooey,
Avenging Angel, Katsuki,
Shmugen,
Nexus, Nikanor, Oman, singersigner, SpyreX,
Tammy,
ToastyToast, Tierce, UberNinja

--With 25 alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:52 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

And predicitably (as in just like with Implosion) the MagisterLudi wagon stalls when it gets some momentum, and several different options suddenly present themselves (TSH, 'let's lynch a lurker').

Seems quite like a replay of yesterday where scum Implosion was pulled off the block by a 'lurker Quilford' lynch to me ..
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:15 am

Post by Alchemist »

I have this theory that its basically impossible to lynch any semi-famous semi-active+ person in the first few days in a game this big.

Yep yep. A shame really.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:09 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1840, UberNinja wrote:
In post 1837, Tammy wrote:Don't know why UN thinks that town care less than scum do. Also, don't know why some people are losing their town read of her. She still reads town to me. I just don't see some of the things she's said coming from scum.

FYI, i think you are a little confused. just so it's 100% clear

I am 0% clear on what you are trying to tell me I'm confused about.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:16 am

Post by danakillsu »

In post 1821, Hinduragi wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.0php?p=4130646#p4130646]post 1820[/url], danakillsu wrote:
You somehow managed to both "miss" the next two sentences in the original post you quoted, but also miss the meaning of "out-of-context". You cut out the part of my post that made it seem like I was relying on other people to do the work, and quoted that instead of the whole post.

Let me outline this for you. I'll list off your three scum suspects and what you said.

Magister Ludi - "he reads as town for details I won't disclose"
DDD - places a "temporary vote"(????????????????????????????????????????????????) and doesn't unvote(????????????????????????????????????????) and you have bad "feelings" about a conversation he had with Spyrex(????????????????????????????????)
Fascinating case.
Singer - "I'll investigate her later"

Please inform me how this is a case. Also, nothing you said about any of them explains why they're scummy. DDD placed a vote down, not a temporary one. He kept it down because he thinks Ludi is scum. You aren't presenting evidence. You're misinterpreting and then misrepresenting something very obvious. I would say that you pretty much relied on other people to do your work because the only thing that could even give you a proper read on someone was what you said of Ludi. And you read him as town, not scum.

In other words, a full backtrack from the last thing you said about my post and a ton of question marks. Not worth responding to. After your predictable response of "how is it a backtrack?" I will point you to the fact that you are now admitting I did post things about DDD that you edited out of the quote and pretended weren't there.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4131825#p4131825]post 1842[/url], MaguaofIllusion wrote:And predicitably (as in just like with Implosion) the MagisterLudi wagon stalls when it gets some momentum, and several different options suddenly present themselves (TSH, 'let's lynch a lurker').

Seems quite like a replay of yesterday where scum Implosion was pulled off the block by a 'lurker Quilford' lynch to me ..

I'm a little confused about your frustration. How fast do you want Ludi to get lynched exactly? The number of votes he has received over a short period of time is actually quite high in my book.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

1837 is about three thousand more words than necessary for a throwaway Nexus vote.

I will never, ever understand how that slot got so many saviors.

Ludi still just seems like trying to hard versus actual scum
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:59 am

Post by Tammy »

So, in this game Spyrex is going to be the one running around interpreting everything I do as scummy as if he has a clue. :roll: Kay.

It's always fun to have one of those :igmeou:

And, as if that post was in anyway, shape, or form, a post for a vote on Nexus. Considering that Nexus was on my preferred lynch list yesterday it's not a throwaway vote at all.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:09 am

Post by SpyreX »

And predicitably (as in just like with Implosion) the MagisterLudi wagon stalls when it gets some momentum, and several different options suddenly present themselves (TSH, 'let's lynch a lurker').

This is also a fair and valid view of the wagons and how things went down yesterday.

Absolutely 100%.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum