implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by implosion »

I don't like a ML lynch.

Weak play, has done essentially nothing all game. Also a couple of small meta-related things that I'm just noticing now after going over implosion's iso. I can elaborate if such is desired by someone who isn't Alchemist.

I'd like elaboration on the meta-aspects.

Also, do you really think that you've done significantly more than me in this game?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Post by Nikanor »

By 'weak play,' I mean 'weak wording.' Saying, "Toasty is scummy," instead of, "Toasty is scum," is a good example.

And yes, I believe I've done significantly more.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Post by implosion »

I'd like elaboration on the meta-aspects.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Post by implosion »

nik is probably town, though.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Glad to see most of the votes have started coming of MoI and onto Implosion. We should be aiming to have a lynch by this weekend at latest.

Magua, you should join me on Implosion and we can deal look into Ludi in a little more detail tomorrow, there's a few smallish things that are making me somewhat uncertain on him right now and I don't think the 'meta-attack' on him holds that much weight since I've seen him play scum quite strongly in Walrus Mafia and this isn't looking anything like that game either. The thing that's bothering me about him the most right now is his 'point out everything I've done that is scummy, back up your accusations!' attitude he's having towards everyone that suspects him, I want to talk with Shift about it but I think I'm playing myself into a 'too scummy to be scum' sort of line about him. Also I find Omans aggression towards LLD as entirely un-alignment related.

Alchemist, while I don't like Nikanors vote-jump on MoI in his 'target me tonight', 'people that can scumhunt can read me' and earlier play all come across as very town. Also him claiming to have 'small meta-reasons' for Implosion being scum read as a town-tell too, albiet weaker.

Almost everything about Shmugens rubs me the wrong way and kills any town-read I was getting on that slot.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Also Quilford, you promised to post 3-4 days ago.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Unvote, Vote:GreyICE

will vote pretty much anyone in the game if their wagon is big enough. don't think implosion is very likely to be scum but i have too many town reads and people needed to start dying approximately last week.
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Post by Teleporting Speed Hippos »

Responding to the most derp points you've made before I leave:

In post 1515, Magister Ludi wrote:4. I wanted you to quote what you're talking about here, but alas you didnt. I join wagons to lynch people I think are scum, primarily. All else is secondary. Never stated differently.

"I was willing to vote the wagon on the basis of getting something going and getting some meaningful reactions, and lynching someone who isn't in my null section or above. "

"Getting something going" was the first (primary) thing you mentioned.
Coming after "At this point in the game, we've entered a weird sort of zone that is making it hard to get things done.", yeah, you did say your vote was mainly to push us out of a rut.

In post 1515, Magister Ludi wrote:6. Biggest lie in the game. Your slot posted #257, and then I expressed suspicion of you in post 318, well before you CAN BACK IN and fos'sed me in 355. Please use facts.

Says the guy who thinks we only included him in the Suspect list because he's been "pressuring" us when it's clear that I FoS'd you way before any real pressure on your part - and fuck off, you can't say "odd" expresses suspicion when "It allows you to say something without really making a stance." This is EXACTLY the hypocrisy I was talking about earlier. So kindly eat hemp.

The rest if necessary I will speak about later.

~~~

If this was a "nightly" scum kill I'd expect the day to change.
Spy's suggestion of a country claim is interesting. There should DEFINITELY not be a name claim - hasn't someone already suggested this?
-AV and PeregrineV-
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:35 pm

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count (9):
Sephiran
:right: MaguaofIllusion (L-6) ~ Tammy, singersigner,
Tierce, Gammagooey,
SpyreX, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Katsuki, Oman, Wyrd, UberNinja,
Alchemist, Magister Ludi,
Shmugen,
Nikanor

implosion (L-9) ~ Duplicity, danakillsu,
MaguaofIllusion,
ToastyToast, Nikanor, GreyICE, Hinduragi
ToastyToast (L-12) ~ Haze, Quilford, implosion,
Shmugen

Magister Ludi (L-13) ~ Teleporting Speed Hippos, MaguaofIllusion
Oman (L-14) ~ Lady Lambdadelta
Nikanor (L-14) ~ Alchemist
Teleporting Speed Hippos (L-14) ~ Magister Ludi
GreyICE (L-14) ~ Gammagooey
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-15) ~
ToastyToast

Katsuki (L-15) ~
GreyICE, Nikanor

dramonic (L-15) ~
Hinduragi

Not Voting:
Nexus, dramonic, Glork,
Alchemist,
Tierce,
Magister Ludi

--With 28 alive, it takes 15 to lynch.

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 917, Oversoul wrote:I want to say something but I don't know if it will actually be helpful for the town to know :\

In post 920, Oversoul wrote:
In post 919, Gammagooey wrote:if you can say it without name-claiming I'd guess it's worth saying since you just claimed *haz vague informationz*

I am admittedly stupid tired right now though so maybe wait for other people's opinions too?

Well it is a suspicion and nothing concrete.

Probably not going to say it until later in the game provided I live long enough.

95% certain this is why oversoul died btw. greyice/nexus could have also wanted him dead but even if they are scum I think it would have been more of an additional reason than one of them killing oversoul solely because of his suspicions on them.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:16 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

UNVOTE: MagisterLudi

VOTE: Implosion

We both agree he is certainly on the acceptable list for lynches.

@Spyrex -
You're scum so I'm not sure exactly why you would expect us to try to Masonize us except to make sure it fails ...

@Gamma
- Don't bother. Grey isn't getting lynched today. You lost any sheeping goodwill you had with this head with your "This isn't Magua I know" crap reason for voting us.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:24 am

Post by Shmugen »

Unvote

I'll take a look at Implosion as soon as possible, probably at lunch.

I think a country claim would be beneficial. There are pros and cons to any plan, but the pros probably outweigh the cons on this one. If MoI has powers related to country, it's likely others do as well. Con wise, if the scum are going after country leaders as theorized, if a leader dies, the scum could ignore everyone else who claimed that country.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:32 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1534, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 917, Oversoul wrote:I want to say something but I don't know if it will actually be helpful for the town to know :\

In post 920, Oversoul wrote:
In post 919, Gammagooey wrote:if you can say it without name-claiming I'd guess it's worth saying since you just claimed *haz vague informationz*

I am admittedly stupid tired right now though so maybe wait for other people's opinions too?

Well it is a suspicion and nothing concrete.

Probably not going to say it until later in the game provided I live long enough.

95% certain this is why oversoul died btw. greyice/nexus could have also wanted him dead but even if they are scum I think it would have been more of an additional reason than one of them killing oversoul solely because of his suspicions on them.

Did you just admit to going on a fishing expedition on Oversoul's role, then shooting him when you thought you had a nibble?

Seriously, the 'this is totes why X happened' posts are not townie.

Btw, Oversoul is the guy who asked me to replace in. Even if I was scum, I'd never shoot the guy who asked me to replace in day 1 (cop investigate, sure, but not shoot). Give me a few points for class.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:40 am

In post 1443, SpyreX wrote:
Guess I was wrong.

Not about the lynch but the probably town.

For you meta enthusiasts look at that game and here and remember both heads were in ASOIAF and then go howww is this even related past "SpyreX voted MoI".

Yea this stinks so bad I am truly amazed.

Nope.jpg. I clearly indicated when I first called your obv-scummy play so very early on that you were scum. Your 'handwave bullshit I'm going to ignore this' attempt at defense was weak. As is your play as scum ... which you admitted to yourself.

In post 1475, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
We're a leader of one of the non-Daein regions. We had a belief pre-D1, and continue in this belief, that this puts us on the Mafia's hitlist, which is one of the reasons we had such an early townread on Gamma for his discouraging of roleclaim.

Our role is masonizer. If we target "eligible" (actual term used) people, we will be confirmed Town to them and them to us. We do not know what "eligible" means -- Vi won't elaborate -- but it is our suspicion that it is roles that originate in our own country.

In post 1516, SpyreX wrote:I'm not sure if "Non-Daein" is gonna help him confirm it enough since thats just "not scum".

I'm debating wehter or not saying what country would help him find someone to tickle me elmo because my smellin' sense says him and I have a fair to middlin chance of bein the same sillies which would be a hilarious turn of events.

Oh how cute ... Spyrex wants to play the "Well, we could mass-claim countries to narrow the scum targets into groups making their elimination job easier" game.

While posting in a manner that shows he buys the claim. And keeps his vote parked on us. While joking about how he totally could be a valid Masonizer target for us. In typical Scum-Spyrex 'let's throw lots of nonsensical jibberish around to make us look like calm Town' style.

DIAF.

Scum.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:46 am

In post 1226, Glork wrote:That means I should probably try to substantiate my MoI inklings at some point. Someone remind me to do it tomorrow.

Hey look ... we are now 5 days later and this never happened.

Why is that Glork?
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:52 am

Oh and Oman / Nik / Singer are all very acceptable rope / bullet targets for this head. I will hash it out with the other head over the next few days to see where we collectively stand on those three.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:15 am

Post by danakillsu »

For multiple reasons, it will probably be tomorrow before I make a useful post. Do we know when deadline is?
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:19 am

Post by Alchemist »

Its still cycle 17 fyi

Inb4 18 and I'm vindicated
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 am

Post by Gammagooey »

dana there aren't any deadlines but if we take too long to lynch people then scum get an extra kill, hence why oversoul is dead.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 am

Post by Alchemist »

Oversoul collapsed

He wasnt killed
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:08 am

Post by danakillsu »

Glad nobody's as confused as I am right now. -__-

Anyway, my first thought on this game is that I kinda like where my vote already is. I'll have to do some more reading, of course, but I've caught up to everything that's happened since the first death.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:32 am

Post by Glork »

In post 1539, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1226, Glork wrote:That means I should probably try to substantiate my MoI inklings at some point. Someone remind me to do it tomorrow.

Why is that Glork?

My enthusiasm for this game is approaching nil. Sorry.

FWIW, I'd almost rather just policy lynch a probable lurkerscum at this point.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:33 am

Post by Alchemist »

In post 1546, Glork wrote:
In post 1539, MaguaofIllusion wrote:

Why is that Glork?

My enthusiasm for this game is approaching nil. Sorry.

FWIW, I'd almost rather just policy lynch a probable lurkerscum at this point.

how about quilford

Vote: Quilford
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:38 am

Post by Glork »

By the way, I subscribe to the "every so often, the scums get a free daykill" theory to keep us moving along despite the lack of a true deadline.

Oversoul was:
A) Less likely than Tierce/me to be protected in some way;
B) More likely on the scums' list of targets due to Tierce's claim and my breadcrumbing

We need to find a lynch. We can't let this drag on.

GreyICE's reaction to the kill looks entirely faked. I once again have a fairly strong desire to lynch him.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 am

Post by Glork »

Quil sounds as good as anyone else.

Vote: Quilford