Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Pooky, can I have some cookies and huggles, plz? We wouldn't want anyone to think you're a scumbag, now would we? ^_^

I'll be out of town for the next 6 days or so, btw.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #98 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:33 pm

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:scum always bring up wifom.
I agree with this point. I've learned that wifom has become a crutch that scum use to get themselves out of arguments. In many cases, townies that bring up wifom are merely being annoying and useless, not smart.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #100 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:41 pm

omg Mr. Johnson!

:hate:
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #139 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:51 am

unvote, vote: scalebane
his actions don't seem like jester/kamikaze to me. He's just given up.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #168 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:23 am

With 10 alive and 5 to lynch, that's 3 votes already, without much practical reasoning put forth to discuss.

vote: Romanus

Of the three votes, I think yours has the least basis, since you essentially claim to be voting him because we don't have any good info from yesterday, so you'll bandwagon him because he already had 2 votes.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:39 am

erm, i meant 6, whatever.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #173 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:21 am

Note: I'll be out of town from tomorrow until Monday evening
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #179 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:40 pm

labor day weekend, m8
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:48 am

and there are more posts now, are there not? :P
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #202 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:16 am

petroleumjelly wrote:*huggles all around*

Down to bid-ness.

Okay, just gave the game a read through. I'll point out a few things which I don't think were brought up sufficiently. This should be a good kick in the pants.

When PWS mentions that his vote was "admittedly not random", Bacde posts this:
Bacde wrote:Not random votes are the best to follow.

Vote: Help I'm a Bug
After Pooky chided PWS for acting as if his vote weren't random, we have this exchange:
Bacde wrote:You actually thought he was a cop coming out?
Pooks wrote:i thought he had some sort of information
Bacde wrote::/ Pooky. I don't know what to think of you.
Which makes no sense from Bacde's point of view. If Bacde believed that PWS's vote was "not random", then he must
also
have thought there was information behind it. Since the game did not technically start with a night-time phase, but only a Cop headstart, practically the only kind of information PWS could possibly have had was a Cop investigation (unless he had a Mason partner or something, thereby making his vote "not
as
random").

I honestly do not understand how he could act so incredulous that Pooky came to the most obvious conclusion that a not random vote strongly implies an informed vote, and that the only possible information would be a Cop investigation at that point in time. Further, Pooky never said anything about a Cop coming out... Bacde was the person suggesting it (which also implies that it must have crossed his mind). I get all sorts of bad vibes from Bacde's play, and I have in fact even considered the fact that he might be a
jester
simply because his play is pretty much just
asking
to be lynched.
I disagree with this strongly. It was my impression that Bacde did not think that PWS could've been a cop, and that he meant nothing in particular by saying that not random votes were the best to follow. I believe that he was merely using the terminology of not random because that's what PWS used. I don't believe that he truly thought PWS was making an informed vote, and I for one am incredulous that anyone could possibly think that Bacde would've thought that. The fact that pooky professed to believe this means nothing on a Day 1 early vote, because that's just how Pooky plays.

I felt it was fairly obvious that PWS was merely saying that his vote was NOT random, not that he had game-related information, but he just wasn't making a completely random vote. I am also VERY suspicious of anyone who thinks that Bacde could be scum
because
of this little exchange. In fact, I've picked up enough bad vibes from this little "attack" on Bacde that I'm going to
unvote, vote: PJ
. It was a clever way to build up momentum on his wagon while seeming to support a wagon elsewhere, but it's not gonna fly with me, buddy.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #204 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:29 am

I agree that this doesn't completely make sense, although I've found Bacde to be a rather confusing player at times. I certainly don't agree with the logic in those posts. I for one have been having a very protown feeling about Pooky so far this game. I just don't think that those two points without the third one are enough evidence to be voting Bacde/Ibby at this time.

Since there is no one to answer for Bacde, I hope you won't mind if I take a stab at trying to reason out his actions here. Even though Ibby replaced him, she doesn't know what he was thinking any more than the rest of us do, so I would like to share my own insight here. I feel that it's true that Bacde was backpedaling, but I think that's because he was making "idle talk", that is, there wasn't much going on in the thread, so he took what was going on and tried to come to SOME conclusion, if nothing else but to have a place to start and to generate some reactions. What he didn't expect was to have a wagon start against him as a result, so he backed off the position, claiming a position that required much less conviction.

On hindsight, it IS interesting that his theory seemed to be such a hotspot. Touching on that little tidbit seemed to really spark a lot of negative responses from certain town members. It may or may not indicate scum, but it's certainly something I'll have to file away in the back of my mind for evaluation.

Post 75 seems to be a defensive reaction of sorts. It's possible that he was so incredulous that Pooky could actually believe he was scum based off his actions so far that he believed Pooky would've had to have been scum in order to proclaim such a belief. I know that I've had instances like that happen to me in the past, so it's not unheard of.

hopefully that will shed some light on the possibilities of the matter for you, glork.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #214 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:04 am

oh. my. god. so many things wrong with this post. I can't believe PJ is still flailing around, trying to push his agenda against Bacde.
petroleumjelly (comments in bold) wrote:And I disagree with MoS. It will probably do even better to quote the entire relevant conversation.
PWS wrote:Seems obv to me.

Admittedly-Not-Random Vote: Help I'm a Bug
clearly has nothing to do with being a cop whatsoever. It's called making up a justification for a random vote, making it "not so random".

Bacde wrote:Not random votes are the best to follow.

Vote: Help I'm a Bug
a) it's his policy
b) what do you expect him to do, just place another random vote at the beginning of the game? At least this vote gets reactions and it was indeed interesting to see who followed them

Bacde wrote:PlaysWithSquirrels, you have to tell us the reasoning behind your vote. RAWR
the fact that this has RAWR at the end pretty much convinces me that he wasn't expecting to get a cop result. He's just saying that if you DID make up reasoning for a random vote, making it not random, and announce this as such, you should share your reasoning.

PWS wrote:EBWOP:
@Bacde: Bug = computer glitch. We are building a robot that is still faulty somehow. Therefore, we lynch the bug. That was my reasoning. It was supposed to be a joke...
And here comes the not-random reasoning, as requested, exactly as expected

Bacde wrote:I always follow votes when people say they are not random. I sorta expected the reasoning to be something nonsensical, and was sorta surprised by the results. Hmm.

I'm considering the possibilities on how this wagon could have grown to 5. Interesting stuff.
And here comes the public explanation of what was obvious all along...

Pooks wrote:unvote

nice job with the not so random vote there chief. :roll:
you actually thought he was a cop coming out?

Bacde wrote:You actually thought he was a cop coming out?
wait, I wasn't the only one thinking this? Imagine that.

What Bacde
said
about the random vote is something I do not believe. When I first read the game, and saw the not-so-random vote, my first reaction was "ah, PWS could be a Cop with a guilty investigation, since this game had a Cop headstart".
Because a cop with a single guilty investigation would be so obvious as to announce himself to the world on day 1 in one of his first posts for no good reason, right?
Bacde says that non-random votes are the "best to follow", but he also wanted PWS to "explain" his not-random vote.
Already addressed this
Considering HIAB had
not posted in the game yet
, there was
absolutely no way
PWS could have been voting based on something HIAB had said, and therefore, there could not have been a real "reason",
unless
PWS had information, or was just joking around (which would in fact make his vote just as random as anybody else's).
Like I said, clearly there was a metagame reason for his vote that had no real relevance to the game

And if Bacde didn't think there was an
actual
reason for PWS's vote, then why did he hop on immediately? If there was no actual reason, then the vote was random: and if the vote was random, there was no reason to follow it.
Again, what else was there to do? Randomly vote someone else? It doesn't make much difference either way, but it DOES get reactions by doing it this way.

Since Pooky
never
said that he thought PWS was claiming to have information, and yet Bacde asked Pooky point-blank if Pooks thought PWS was the Cop, it shows that
Bacde had considered that PWS could have been a Cop claiming a guilty investigation
. And if that had crossed his mind, I am positive (despite what he claimed after PWS's explanation) that one
reason
he follows "not-random votes" is because they have the best chance of having actual information behind them.
Actually, pooky's post where he unvoted rather strongly implied that he had considered PWS' statement as a cop claim. I had not even thought that that could be a possibility (because that would be incredibly stupid on PWS' part) until Pooky made that comment, so i could easily see how Bacde could arrive at the same conclusion I did.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #217 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:04 am

1) Then you people suffered a short lapse into the realm of stupidity, if you really thought that he was claiming cop.

2) Or because that's Bacde's "random vote" strategy: To follow the first person that claims a "not-random" vote. It's the same sort of principle as my random voting strategy. I use the dice function to create a completely random vote that is verifiable in the thread, which sets my vote apart from other people and gives me direction for my first vote as opposed to having to decide on a "random" vote. Bacde's strategy accomplishes the same thing, giving him a way to "justify" his first vote based on something completely out of his control, so that people CAN'T go back and claim that his first vote meant something, since it was entirely through someone else's choice that his vote was placed.

3) Your the only person that said more likely than not. Bacde never said that. My argument is not that he felt it was more likely than not that PWS did not have a Cop investigation, but that he didn't expect this to be the case at all.

4) All it shows is that he expected it to be silly, but he admitted that there could be a possibility of non-sillyness, not that he specifically expected a cop result if it wasn't silly. You're putting words in his mouth in order to create a vision of him that supports your attack. You don't know what else Bacde had considered as a possibility, if anything at all. You are basing your attack off assumptions that you couldn't possibly justify, especially since Bacde isn't even in the game anymore.

5) What? I never admitted that Bacde considered PWs could be a cop except AFTER Pooky's post. NOW you're putting words in MY mouth. Great job there, scum.

6) Unless there are extenuating circumstances based on a non-standard cop role or special mechanics of the game, I will NEVER, EVER assume that someone will claim cop that early unless they SAY they are the cop. If PWS' intention was to make it clear he was the cop Day 1, then he would've said "I AM THE COP." or something to that effect. He didn't, therefore HE IS NOT THE COP. FFS, it's not that hard to comprehend.

7) And you're saying that Hypocrit must = scum, which is an entirely new bullshit argument in and of itself.

8) Since Bacde didn't imply that he thought there was information pretty much ever (even after Pooky's post he never indicated that he believed there could've been information), his play is perfectly consistent on that matter.

Yes, you've repeated your bullshit argument enough times that if you're lucky, some unwitting townie will follow you for repeating idiocy over and over again. Unfortunately, since your original argument was BS and you haven't introduced anything new that could make it any less BS, but instead just restated the same BS, it's still BS and hopefully the rest of the town will realize this and lynch you accordingly.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #234 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:23 am

petroleumjelly wrote: 3.) I didn't put words in your mouth: your exact interpretation of Bacde's post was this:
MoS wrote:
Bacde wrote: You actually thought he was a cop coming out?
wait,
I wasn't the only one thinking this?
Imagine that.
How else am I supposed to read this? It certainly sounds to me like you are saying Bacde was saying: "
I wasn't the only person to think that PWS could be a Cop coming out?
"

Which is equivalent to what I said:
PJ wrote:5.) What? Now you just admitted that Bacde considered PWS could be a Cop.
I was not "putting words in your mouth". If you meant something else, say so, otherwise I see no other interpretation of your statement.
I wasn't interpreting for Bacde there. That was me talking, not him. I was saying,
"wow, I wasn't the only one who was surprised that he thought PWS was a cop coming out?"
, which is essentially what Bacde was saying as well. The only difference was that he voiced it before I could.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #239 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:01 pm

boom!
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #242 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:27 pm

I voted Romanus for placing the third vote on a wagon, especially when it only takes 3 to lynch, and for apparently no reason. I don't buy his excuse about wanting to generate discussion. I think it's just a copout because he got called on a scummy play. Then you came along and rang every alarm in the place, so I had someone better to vote. What more do you want to know?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #251 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:22 pm

Romanus wrote:
MOS wrote:I voted Romanus for placing the third vote on a wagon, especially when it only takes 3 to lynch, and for apparently no reason. I don't buy his excuse about wanting to generate discussion. I think it's just a copout because he got called on a scummy play.
I want everyone to note that my "copout" actually happened before anyone called my play scummy. I never changed my tune on why I was voting for Ibby. Go back and acutally look at the sequence of events. I said that I thought my vote on Ibby would generate more discussion. I classified it as a bandwagon with no reason BEFORE anyone saw fit to call me scummy for doing it.

There have been a couple of early day things that were really jokes, or not that serious that have been held onto by certain people. Unwillingness to see another point of view or actually feigning ignorance and stupidity are somewhat scummy to me.

Also, in my defense, I helped to get the Scalebane lynch. I called him out for a logical fallacy, and not long after he cracked. I am NOT saying I did it all by my lonesome, and he did crack rather easily. I also know that that doesn't clear me, but should get me some creedence.

Now what exactly am I supposed to be responding to about Day 1? My FOS on Pooky. My helping to get Scalebane lynched? My dismissal of the early Day one issue? Not sure.
Soooo many things wrong with this post. Where to begin...

First off, let's show a little sequence of events:
Romanus in post 167 wrote:Yesterday was extremely productive, but did little if nothing to help today. I'm all for getting this wagon moving and seeing what happens

Vote: Ibby
The initial vote.
Mastermind of Sin in post 168 wrote:With 10 alive and 5 to lynch, that's 3 votes already, without much practical reasoning put forth to discuss.

vote: Romanus

Of the three votes, I think yours has the least basis, since you essentially claim to be voting him because we don't have any good info from yesterday, so you'll bandwagon him because he already had 2 votes.
The next consecutive post, calling you out for having little to no basis behind your vote.
Romanus in post 178 wrote:Dude, where is everyone. I thought my unexplained wagon on Ibby would generate more than this.
10 posts later, the copout.
Romanus wrote:I want everyone to note that my "copout" actually happened before anyone called my play scummy. I never changed my tune on why I was voting for Ibby. Go back and acutally look at the
sequence of events
. I said that I thought my vote on Ibby would generate more discussion.
I classified it as a bandwagon with no reason BEFORE anyone saw fit to call me scummy for doing it.
(italics and bold mine)

Oops. Did we just look at the sequence of events? Did we just see someone classify the wagon as having no basis and call you scummy for it RIGHT after you placed the vote? Oops.

I think that just about shows how full of bullshit
THAT
statement is.

Now to move on to part two.
Romanus wrote:Also, in my defense, I helped to get the Scalebane lynch. I called him out for a logical fallacy, and not long after he cracked. I am NOT saying I did it all by my lonesome, and he did crack rather easily. I also know that that doesn't clear me, but should get me some creedence.
And this precludes you from being mafia
how?
All you need to know is that Scalebane isn't one of your scumbuddies. In fact, him being an SK was
incentive
for you to get him lynched, so if you really thought he was scum I would expect you to go after him even more as scum than as town. This argument is completely incompetant and invalid.

Unvote, Vote: Romanus, FoS: PJ
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #254 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:27 am

Oops, I did it again...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #257 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:45 am

Romanus wrote:
Romanus wrote:I'm all for getting this wagon moving and seeing what happens
This is my reason given for voting for Ibby. Then MOS made his statement and voted me. Then I said this:
Romanus wrote:Dude, where is everyone. I thought my unexplained wagon on Ibby would generate
more
than this.
underline and bold mine. Notice I say MORE discussion.

My reason for the Ibby vote has never changed. I did it to generate discussion, and it has. If it causes my downfall then I really have no one to blame other than myself.

As for the Scalebane thing. The reason I brought it up was because it was the most substantial post I made on the first day. In my post I say that lynching the SK does not clear me:
Romanus wrote:I also know that that doesn't clear me, but should get me some creedence.
MOS quotes this and immediately yells about how lynching the SK is a nuetral act and does not clear me. NO SHIT HUH, wonder where you got that from, maybe from my own post.

In all of this I have only been called scummy or whatever for things that I claimed myself.

I wanted people to attack me for wagoning Ibby, and said so when I voted for her.
I said lynching the SK did not clear me.
You referred specifically to your "copout", which had already been defined as post 178, NOT post 167. In this instance, your statement that your copout came before anyone called you on it was a lie. Stop trying to get around that.

As for the SK thing, you also expected to get some creedence because you helped get him lynched, and I was telling you that you get
nothing
, because there is just as much incentive, if not more, for scum to find the SK as opposed to town looking for him.

So no, I'm not attacking you for things you claimed. I'm attacking the things you claimed falsely. You keep trying to misdirect by acting like your original statement
means
something. I've already explained why I don't buy it, so please stop trying to use that as evidence. You're only repeating the same BS over and over, try to bring something new to the discussion.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #259 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:57 am

Well I wasn't even arguing that point. You're the one who referred specifically to your "copout", not me. If you wanna argue the other point, I'm of the firm belief that you put that little phrase on the end of your bandwagon post just so that you could point back to it if someone called you out.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #273 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:53 am

I don't see why I have to yell at you about that. I had no real problem with you yesterday. Your actions today are far more suspect, although the recent points against PWS have been highly enlightening as well.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #275 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:27 am

probably.
Unvote, Vote: PWS

>_>
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #280 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:43 pm

Who said I was moving on? Wtf are you talking about?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #283 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:23 am

unvote, vote: Romanus

Your turn.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #289 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:14 pm

Glork, you would almost have a good case, except for the fact that clearly weren't reading the thread very closely. I thought it was rather obvious that my vote on PWS was a direct reply to this post by Romanus:
Romanus wrote:So if I were to say something stupid, or throw my vote around just to get people talking again, that would be scummy, right?
I randomly switched my vote as a joke because of what Romanus said, even throwing in the "<_<" to make it fairly obvious what it was. I had no intention of staying with the vote. The only reason I didn't vote him in my next post was that I was giving you a chance to actually read the thread and realize your mistake first, but you obviously didn't pick up on it.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #298 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:03 pm

Yes, please
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #304 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:33 am

Indeed we are.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #308 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:18 am

PlaysWithSquirrels wrote:
Romanus wrote:And why the hell would I claim right now. I only see 3 votes on me, that is a long way from a lynch. I don't even see the need to further defend myself, much less claim.

Are you being serious. If it weren't so outrageous I would accuse you of fishing.

Oh, and I might have claimed if you had said pretty please with a cherry on top.
You are at 3 votes. It takes 5 to lynch. I am voicing my intention to put you at 4 votes, but I don't want you quicklynched. Please (with a cherry on top) claim.
Romanus wrote:I call your bluff
Looks like Romanus was right.

FoS: PWS

I don't like people who bluff about being willing to vote someone.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #316 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:21 am

...why wouldn't we put much weight into what you've said? I agree that the connection is there, but I don't think they're both scum. I think it's likely that one of them is scum with Romanus, but not both. The nature of the relationship doesn't seem to be one between scumpartners.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #323 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:18 am

<3 Glork. That's a pretty good analysis of the game, imo. I'm not really seeing Pooky as Romanus' scumbuddy, but that might just be me. It seems to me that Pooky
always
acts with the assumption that someone is scum, and never presents scenarios where the person in question isn't scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #339 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:45 am

Nonny isn't in this game...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #356 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:12 am

Please lynch Romanus so we can move on to the next day.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #358 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:21 pm

yay
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #365 (isolation #36) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:45 am

For the love of God, stop being unhelpful and put your vote where it matters, like on Romanus!
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #370 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:01 pm

Try to pistolwhip a soldier with a missile on his shoulder.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #381 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:09 am

petroleumjelly wrote:@Glork: Yargh, why didn't you unvote? I was rather hoping on being able to read the game over again when I could trick myself into becoming interested in this game.

@Ibby: Apologies for our spot today, maybe we can be more on the same page by tomorrow.

@Glork and Ibby: *huggles*
@PJ: :cry:
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #394 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:08 am

Agreed. There is no reason to go after PWS anymore, we should be trying to lynch more mafia members instead.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #395 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:16 am

I'd like to try something I haven't done before, but have liked to do. I want everyone to go through the list of players, and ask themselves, "If this person were mafia, who would their partner be?" We can assume at this point that we have a standard 3-person mafia, unless someone has evidence to the contrary. What I want is for everyone to go through and assume each person on the list, including themselves, are scum in turn, and list 1-2 people that they believe would be the likely partners to those scum. At this point we need to be looking ahead and capturing the connections as to who the possible pair could be, because even if we catch one of the scum today, we could still be at a loss as to the other scumpartner. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on this now as opposed to later, in case we mislynch today and lose the opinion of another protown player. Feel free to post an argument as to why you think they are the partners, though I suppose if you're lazy you don't have to. Personally, I doubt I will be able to get to this until next week, since i have a quiz tomorrow and a test friday, and I'll be gone all weekend. However, I will try my best to get a reread done.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #404 (isolation #41) » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:52 am

I see...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #417 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:59 am

Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #424 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:18 am

Why?

Note: Vacation until a week from monday
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #431 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:18 am

Nonny's in this game? o.O
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #444 (isolation #45) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:01 pm

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'd like to try something I haven't done before, but have liked to do. I want everyone to go through the list of players, and ask themselves, "If this person were mafia, who would their partner be?" We can assume at this point that we have a standard 3-person mafia, unless someone has evidence to the contrary. What I want is for everyone to go through and assume each person on the list, including themselves, are scum in turn, and list 1-2 people that they believe would be the likely partners to those scum. At this point we need to be looking ahead and capturing the connections as to who the possible pair could be, because even if we catch one of the scum today, we could still be at a loss as to the other scumpartner. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on this now as opposed to later, in case we mislynch today and lose the opinion of another protown player. Feel free to post an argument as to why you think they are the partners, though I suppose if you're lazy you don't have to. Personally, I doubt I will be able to get to this until next week, since i have a quiz tomorrow and a test friday, and I'll be gone all weekend. However, I will try my best to get a reread done.
BUMP
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #446 (isolation #46) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:36 am

I understand, I'm in the same boat as well. However, since everyone ignored this post in its entirety the first time, I wanted to bump it so that you all know I still want to see something like this from everyone before the day is over.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #451 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:28 am

i'm here

STD, PWS, POOKY
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #458 (isolation #48) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:07 pm

I don't think Pooky is the play today. I'll try to post something substantive this week.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #475 (isolation #49) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:20 am

I like Glork's summary, so I'm going to
FoS: STD
for now. My re-read will have to wait, though. Gone for the next couple of days for holidays. Don't expect much until about Wednesday.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #476 (isolation #50) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:23 am

Btw, I would especially like to see a review from STD and Maz when they get the chance. I'm not letting the rest of you off the hook, though.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #493 (isolation #51) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:57 am

Yes, I do hope that people will answer my request for me. That would be most beneficial to us winning the game right now.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #495 (isolation #52) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:40 pm

Am I correct that our only claimed person is PlaysWithSquirrels, who claimed Vig kill on Ibby?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #497 (isolation #53) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:58 pm

Right, I just read it and forgot about it already. Silly me.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #498 (isolation #54) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:27 pm

2 days without posts in unacceptable.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #503 (isolation #55) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:38 am

That's fine, I'll save you the trouble.

Possible Scum:

STD(lordy)
PlaysWithSquirrels
Thok(maz(enderX))
Mastermind of Sin
Glork
PookyTheMagicalBear

I'm a cop.

Results:
N0 - Pooky Innocent
N1 - Ibby Innocent
N2 - Glork Guilty
N3 - STD Innocent

PWS is innocent, since he claimed a second kill on a night with 2 kills, and the SK was already dead.

That leaves:

Thok(maz(enderX)) - Unknown
Glork - Guilty

Seeing as we have a dead godfather, we're most likely looking for 2 scum, aka Glork and Thok. Feel free to try to talk your way out of this one, even if you do manage to get me lynched, PWS can kill Glork and we lynch Thok the next day. The optimal strategy is to lynch Glork, vig Thok, I'll die, and then we lynch PWS the next day, since I can guarantee the innocence of Pooky and STD.

This is an open-and-shut case. My sanity is guaranteed, the godfather is dead, we have a confirmed scum already. Even from your perspective, if I'm scum, that means that Glork will come up innocent today and you can vig me tonight without any problems. We have one mistake left before we lose, but there's not need to make it. The game is already over.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #506 (isolation #56) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:52 pm

Oh yes,
vote: Glork
lol

No, I doubt we have 2 scum with abilities to foil investigations.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #517 (isolation #57) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:58 pm

Thok wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Oh yes,
vote: Glork
lol

No, I doubt we have 2 scum with abilities to foil investigations.
Well since I know I'm not scum, and I have a reasonable name claim, and an already proven power that fits the name claim, and we have yet to see a pure vanilla role in this game, allow to be skeptical about your assumption that scum don't have extra powers. Moreover, have you guys read the last three pages, with Maz asking how many scum there are in obvious preperation for ending night and Glork answering him? Or Glork's reaction to me claiming that power? A Glork/me scum group just doesn't make sense.

Name claim MOS?

Again, I'm also waiting for PWS to claim 1 shot or multishot vig before we do this.
Actually, you just made my argument for me. I don't see us as having just the one scum with extra abilities. That's why I find it completely reasonable that you are scum and have the ability to end the day once, especially since that nearly fucked me over. I was going to claim yesterday and had been working towards it as we went through the day, so I was hoping you didn't pick up on it and kill me.

I'm the lead programmer, I check the parts to make sure they aren't malfunctioning.

Glork's name claim sucks, and I'm amused that Thok tried to distance himself from Glork by pointing out that it should've been Chassis instead of Body. Y'all are self-destructing now, let's get this over with. Make sure you guys lynch Thok tomorrow, since he's going to kill me. Don't listen to any of his BS trying to weasel his way out of it, if he's not scum you can blame me. I am 100% sure he is scum right now, let's just finish this. The game has gone on too long already.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #520 (isolation #58) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:07 am

That's because I did agree with Glork's summary, but I was taking it with a grain of salt because i knew he was scum. The reason I asked for summaries yesterday was because i wanted to see how Glork talked about the other players in order to find his scumpartner. I thought it was STD, but now that I know he's innocent, I know it's you.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #522 (isolation #59) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:38 am

Thok wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:That's because I did agree with Glork's summary, but I was taking it with a grain of salt because i knew he was scum. The reason I asked for summaries yesterday was because i wanted to see how Glork talked about the other players in order to find his scumpartner. I thought it was STD, but now that I know he's innocent, I know it's you.
The point is if you died last night somebody reading your posts might think that you have a protown investigation of Glork.
I wasn't planning on going to night without claiming my result on Glork. Then Maz-Scum ended the day on me.
Again, Glork used his analysis to push a bandwagon on STD. Why did you assume he was bussing his partner?
Because Glork bussed his Godfather, and I know he likes to bus scumpartners if it'll make him look better.
Also, why did Maz use a power to end night when the most likely lynch at that point was STD?
Why don't you ask Maz, eh? All I know is that ending the day put the town in a precarious position, and there was no protown reason to do it.
Your earlier comments worrying about being nightkilled last night ring false; you hadn't claimed, and a tracker and a vig had claimed.
That doesn't change the fact that I was worried about being killed. Since I was slowly leading up to a claim that day, I didn't want the scum to pick up on what I was doing and kill me when they had the chance. Plus, there was always a chance that they'd just kill someone randomly, and that could be me.
Why did you ask for role pair analysis today, given the results you already had and knowing the game was moving slowly?
Trying to cover all bases. Given the slowness of the game, that's why I actually decided to claim now.
How does a lead programmer analyze wires or a fuse to see if they are working properly?
Robotics isn't just wires and fuses. In addition, lead programmer is a misleading term. From what little I know of robotics teams (Coron does robotics competitions), lead programmer is just the title of the project leader. It does not imply that I know nothing of wires and fuses.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #526 (isolation #60) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 pm

o.o

I hate Coron.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #528 (isolation #61) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:48 pm

I investigated Thok innocent.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #530 (isolation #62) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:56 am

I suppose STD, Thok, and Pooky better make their cases for innocence/each other's scumminess. I'm going to reread when I get time.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #532 (isolation #63) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:24 pm

Sucks, don't it?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #534 (isolation #64) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:56 pm

vote: no lynch
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #536 (isolation #65) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:49 am

ROFL.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #539 (isolation #66) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:26 am

Just no lynch, then the scum either can't kill and I can reinvestigate everyone, or they'll kill me and you can just lynch someone.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #541 (isolation #67) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:29 am

Yup, I have. And considering that we pretty much can't go to night until they post (we need them to vote no lynch to have enough votes, basically), I expect them to claim in the same post that they vote, if not before.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #543 (isolation #68) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Stupid custom rules.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #546 (isolation #69) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:34 pm

Oh, right.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #548 (isolation #70) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:34 pm

yup. :)
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #550 (isolation #71) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:18 pm

PWS, what is your rolename?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #554 (isolation #72) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:36 pm

Pooky, what results do you have, so we have a record. Also, what is your rolename (flavor)?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #557 (isolation #73) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:38 pm

k, PWS nameclaim please?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #560 (isolation #74) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:30 pm

thanks.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #561 (isolation #75) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:40 pm

*bump*
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #563 (isolation #76) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:48 pm

yup.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #566 (isolation #77) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:47 am

Mod: Prod STD please
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #577 (isolation #78) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:35 am

had 2 midterms, still want to no lynch
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #585 (isolation #79) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:38 pm

no lynch already
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #590 (isolation #80) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:11 pm

I think Pooky should decide without telling us, so that the scum doesn't know whether or not to kill if they can kill. Those of us with abilities should use them in case we are targeted.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #597 (isolation #81) » Wed May 02, 2007 3:33 pm

Yea that's lame. Now I know why PJ hates cults so much. I put all that work into the game and pretty much raped the mafia, and lose because of a lameass cult.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #605 (isolation #82) » Thu May 03, 2007 6:46 pm

I think Cult recruiter should've had the same weakness as the recruits...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #607 (isolation #83) » Thu May 03, 2007 7:54 pm

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I hear there are no cults on my tummy.

Surely that's a safe spot? :P
Have you not heard of the PookyTumTum Cult?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #608 (isolation #84) » Thu May 03, 2007 7:54 pm

Every time your stomach rumbles, that's the cult having a "meeting".
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #610 (isolation #85) » Fri May 04, 2007 9:04 am

Indeed.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin