Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Gamma wrote:his post on toasty is decent though. there's probably someone better to vote right now but that isn't happening til tomorrow.

I think I can think of somebody who needs more votes.
Hint1: His name starts with an A and rhymes with "talcum mist".
Hint2: It isn't Tammy, so don't vote her.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Suspects, aside from UN and Tammy?

Ehhh.

UN probably not scum even if unbelievably frustrating.
Toasty seems like he's testing the waters but I can't put a bite on it.
LLD is the other eye raiser.

I feel like there's just swaths of the game missing. I've got some GOOD town reads but Tammy is the standout scum.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 351, SpyreX wrote:I feel like there's just swaths of the game missing.

I feel the same way, but somewhere within the whirlwind of excitement and etc. I'm having here I forget the game only started yesterday
and
several people have one or zero posts
and
we have 13 pages going.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Nikanor, I can pretty much guarantee Alchemist is town because I know I can read him solidly. But I suck at this game and read Nuwen wrong anyways so I'm not the best source of information anymore. Regardless, he's not going to be the D1 lynch.

I really don't like some people in this game but I want to see more posts from them because there isn't enough to lynch them on yet.

Spy, I can see where you're coming from. But I also don't think now is a good time to push for Tammy. The scum argument has longer stretches than the town one and if we wait it out, the pieces can either fall together or not match at all.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 311, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: UberNinja

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Tammy

I'm confused. What exactly is the point of this?
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Post by Teleporting Speed Hippos »

Pere's still not checked in...

In post 318, Magister Ludi wrote:
Teleporting wrote:Okay UN, you had your chance to explain the vote on Tammy"Town"
Unvote; Vote: UberNinja

I'm holding off on other comments until I've spoken to Pere (#firsthydra)
~AV

Reading through, it first struck me as odd that TSH would withhold comments on most things abritrarily, and then post a sentence pointing out the fact that he is withholding comment.
In post 117, Magister Ludi wrote:What['s] odd [about it], and [is it] bad? If so, why?

If you think it comes from scum, please say so. Using a word like odd feels.... weasely. It allows you to say something without really making a stance.

FoS: Magister Ludi

---

Tammy, explain to me why you went from "IDC" to "FFFFFFFUUUUUU-", and from "lolI'dselfvote" to "UGH FINE IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT /SELFVOTE"?
I think your RAEG is feigned. Why should I believe it's genuine?

---

In post 325, Nikanor wrote:I was going to hold off on switching my votes for a bit to avoid the whole "he's switching his vote because he's getting flak for it!" bullshit that's inevitably going to erupt from
somebody
's mouth before I realised that I don't give a fuck.
Mentioning this means that nobody's going to use it against me right right?

Overly concerned with the appearance not being concerned with appearances.

FoS: Nikanor

---

@UN, at what point after placing your vote did you think Tammy was town? At what point did you start thinking Tierce was scum? Who did you think your vote was on at that time - Tierce?

~AV
-AV and PeregrineV-
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 am

Post by Oman »

People who are now against Tammy-lynch for #317 are easily swayed and gullible.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:46 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 317, Tammy wrote:And Tierce enters in and confirms herself as scum. Hey Tierce dear, I want you in 50 words or less, to explain to me how anything I've done has expressed scum intent or mindset. I'm sure you can come up with
something
that sounds good. Noted the subtle way that you directed Spyrex to get on my wagon as well. Sneaky sneaky. Come on! Round up those votes...you've got a mislynch to push.

There was nothing "subtle" or "sneaky" about it. My intent was to get SpyreX to vote you. It's something that happens when you want to push your scumreads--you try and convince others to vote the wagon you prefer. But nah, this is completely a scum move by me, you're totes right.

I've already explained how your behavior is against what I'd expect from you as town and how I can't follow your train of thought; your behavior does not match what I have seen from townTammy.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:56 am

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count:
A white heron in FE10 style
:right: Tammy (L-9) ~
Magister Ludi,
dramonic, Oman, Tierce, SpyreX, singersigner, Debonair Danny DiPietro
Tierce (L-11) ~ Quilford, Tammy, MaguaofIllusion, UberNinja
UberNinja (L-12) ~ Lady Lambdadelta,
Glork, Nikanor,
Teleporting Speed Hippos, ToastyToast
Alchemist (L-12) ~ MathGirl277, Nikanor, Magister Ludi
Hinduragi (L-13) ~
Haze,
Zdenek, Glork
Wyrd (L-14) ~ Wyrd
Haze (L-14) ~ Gammagooey
Magister Ludi (L-14) ~ Alchemist
Nikanor (L-14) ~ Hinduragi
implosion (L-14) ~ Duplicity
ToastyToast (L-14) ~ Haze

Not Voting:
implosion, Katsuki, Nexus, Oversoul, GreyICE

--With 29 alive, it takes 15 to lynch.

Last edited by Vi on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Wyrd
Wyrd
Goon
Wyrd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:40 am

Post by Wyrd »

We think UberNinja has a reasonable townread on Tammy, he's yes an Uberderp but not scum here. Tierce is not scum here because of pre-game talks of how she was going to approach this game and Glork paranoia. Tammy is town because she's a girl (also applies to Tierce but less so).

Not Voting: implosion, Katsuki, Nexus, Oversoul, GreyICE

Definitely scum among here given the main wagons are all town.

Going to avoid Alchemist because Timeeater is an arrogant pile of shit and I'll wait and see on his attempts at "change."

That said Magister Ludi isn't being his usual ball of town and I'm not takin "OH BUT I WAS ON A BREAK" for an excuse
In post 19, Magister Ludi wrote:So excited this game finally started!

Vote: Oversoul

Yeah I can just feel the geniune joy radiating from this post KILL IT
In post 26, Magister Ludi wrote:@ Tierce, what triggered this self proclaimed meta-shift, and who exactly do you expect "poor play from" and consider a "lynch pony"?

Knowing whose play Tierce respects and who she doesn't is a herpaderp distraction and not actually relevant to any GAME state or alignment. More of just a noise sideshow in a 30 player game, aka the "WHO DO YOU LIKE AS A PERON TEHEE?" scumtell.

There's more but Nuwen would hate me if I multi-quoted.

NuReasons

She actually respects Timeeater (lol) and agrees with what he picked up on. ML's initial reaction to just FoS Alcheater is pretty scummy and unnecessary. Its pretty forced for so relatively early in a large game to use FoS, but it makes sense as a scum who needs to set-up multiple lynches down the line and is quite happy with is current vote on a juicy mislynch-Tammy (you're wrong SpyreX and Glork and you should feel bad.)

Unvote:
Vote: Magister Ludi
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:30 am

Post by dramonic »

Pondering if I should vote Fate-Wyrd for lack of caps.
It's creepy.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:54 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 351, SpyreX wrote:I feel like there's just swaths of the game missing. I've got some GOOD town reads but Tammy is the standout scum.

You really still think that Tammy is scum? She's pretty obviously town.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:02 am

Post by Gammagooey »

did a moderate amount of isos

alch and dram are both reasonably strong town reads

lld looks more likely to be scum to me than most of the playerlist so far but it's pretty much entirely insubstantiated gut

and i want to vote katsuki now? like i know its dumb and he hasn't even posted yet but i'm kind of expecting to be infuriated by a general lack of posting in his direction by day 3 or so and it's fairly doubtful I'll ever NOT want to lynch him at all.

so yeah
Vote: Katsuki

now, I'll vote even more better in the relatively near future, probably when someone bugs me about wasting my vote and there are for serious wagons going on.

no tammy and un don't count as for serious wagons yet to me because they don't feel like wagons that will result in the lynch of that player in the next few days.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:04 am

Post by Gammagooey »

uh singer you're still voting tammy too

whoz scum #1 to you currently?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:07 am

Post by singersigner »

Aaayeup:
In post 298, singersigner wrote:Also, there are at least four people I wouldn't hesitate bandwagoning/hammering today and/or tomorrow if given the opportunity. Regardless of what I actually think their alignment is. Cheers.

I like tomatoes.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:09 am

Post by Gammagooey »

okay fine you want tammy dead anyway thats fine
but who do you think is actually slightly-likely-scum or however you want to describe scum reads at this point
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:10 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 357, Tierce wrote:
In post 317, Tammy wrote:And Tierce enters in and confirms herself as scum. Hey Tierce dear, I want you in 50 words or less, to explain to me how anything I've done has expressed scum intent or mindset. I'm sure you can come up with
something
that sounds good. Noted the subtle way that you directed Spyrex to get on my wagon as well. Sneaky sneaky. Come on! Round up those votes...you've got a mislynch to push.

There was nothing "subtle" or "sneaky" about it. My intent was to get SpyreX to vote you. It's something that happens when you want to push your scumreads--you try and convince others to vote the wagon you prefer. But nah, this is completely a scum move by me, you're totes right.

I've already explained how your behavior is against what I'd expect from you as town and how I can't follow your train of thought; your behavior does not match what I have seen from townTammy.

This is bullshit and does not answer the question. I want you to tell me how anything that I did or said is indicative of a scum mindset or intention. Do not dodge the question with crap like this. Answer the one being asked.

I'll elucidate why it's bullshit.

1. Please explain to me how not being able to follow my train of thought is indicative of scum. All this tells me is you didn't understand what I was saying. Which is fine and expected. It's been pointed out to me in games that when I feel under attack my statements and arguments become less rational. So, scattered mindset. Point out to me how that's indicative of scum.

2. Considering the fact that this is TownTammy, this behavior matches exactly with TownTammy. I'd like for you to explain to me how you've come to be able to determine what you expect from TownTammy with such a degree of certainty that you're willing to push my mislynch over it. (Hint: You can't because it's bullshit.) Here's a little clue: If you knew anything about my behavior as town, you'd know how likely it is that I am in fact town right now.

Do not think you get to absolve yourself from my pushing mislynch by making this lame ass excuse. When I flip town, you do not get to shrug and go, "Oh, well she didn't act the same as I've seen her before."

I'll even explain to you why you don't know. As Hinduragi has already pointed out when he searched through my meta, there is only one completed game here on MS. Did you read that game? If so, your sample size is ONE. I was a late replacement in that game in a slot that was going to get lynched the day I replaced in, so the circumstances aren't exactly comparable to here now are they. As Hinduragi also pointed out, there is another game that I displayed a similar attitude in. That game is nearing endgame, so the sample size of my meta on MS will reach TWO probably within a week.

Yes, I'm playing in other games right now, and no you probably won't find me acting the same way I did the other night, but my play style is not static. I'm temperamental as hell and play my mood, which means occasionally I exhibit erratic behavior. Besides how I play when I'm not being attacked is a hell of a lot different than I do when I am. Regardless, the sample size of my games at MS is not large enough for you to make a determination of what is and is not TownTammy behavior, especially early day one and think it's enough to lynch me over.

*looks at player list* For your information, there is only one person on this player list who has a larger sample size of my behavior than what is here at MS and even he doesn't have enough to make a for certain determination over what TownTammy definitely wouldn't do.

Now come up with a real reason for why I'm scum than your incorrect and incomplete meta crap.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:12 am

Post by singersigner »

Also, NUMERO UNO SCUMZORZ is Magua with a close second being SpyreX.

Just "woke up" half an hour ago, so adding commentary on my previous spoilered post within a few hours when I actually
wake up

Preview Edit:
omggggggggggganothertammypost ;_;

I like tomatoes.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:15 am

Post by Gammagooey »

eeeh kay i can wait for commentary i guess

and you could do what i've been doing and ignore them until it's brought up in someone else's post or when you're isoing her. like it saves a bit of time and irritation.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:23 am

Post by Alchemist »

I havent been getting any REM sleep recently, its really horrible ;_______;

@ludi

1. nikanor only posts when mentioned (which hints at tactical lurking) and comes out of the blue with weak RVS shit nobody cares about. throw in the predatory omgus/semi-buddying on ludi and you have a decent chance of scum
2. buzzword is a buzzword. stop it you hypocrit
3. spyre is the type of player that can explain anything away given enough time. the fact that he felt the need to elaborately explain his actions given the specific set of circumstances that led up to that post, and his subsequent reactions (he really had to think about that <3 post, he was spam posting like a mo'fucka before it) lead me to believe he's probably scum given how it does not fit in with his general off-the-cuff style he demonstrated at the beginning of the thread and continues to demonstrate.

other shit:

1. considering tammy's last post my read might be wrong, some things about it are not sitting right with me at all
2. fate's gonna fate (omfg we sync in our ludi read, you're so dead ludi)
3. niknanor getting more scummy compare http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p4091007 and http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p4091024 from a tonal perspective
4. haze has peaked my interest i'm going to read (not skim) his posts later

@dramonic

Considering Kurth is on Micaiah's side, that seems unlikely <<

would you consider posting a list of who's side who is on fluff-wise a pro-town thing to do?

pedit; FUKN NINJAS IM POSTING THIS ANYWAY
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:24 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 319, Glork wrote:

In post 317, Tammy wrote:
Glork
What do you like about Zdenek's vote on Hinduragi? Do you always tend to sheep in RVS? Other than the sheeping in RVS, you seem similar to another game of yours so you're town right now.

It seems decently well thought-out, appropriate, and might lead somewhere. A good vote.

So, you voted Hinduragi in this post. What do you think about his in which he went and searched through my games to see if my attitude was indicative of my town behavior? I think that more likely comes from town than scum.

In post 320, Quilford wrote:
In post 317, Tammy wrote:
Quillford
In You are answering a question about Ludi and his questions. Why did you link to a game that didn't have Ludi in it as a comparison of Ludi's behavior in this game?

It wasn't a comparison, it was an example.

Oops...I meant to say contrast. Still why?

In post 323, Magister Ludi wrote:
In post 317, Tammy wrote:Ludi In the middle of the argument last night, you asked me if I thought Spyrex was scum. Why?

I wanted to know what you thought of the alignment of someone who wanted you lynched. Plus it was a way to get a read out of you at a time you seemed more interested in a 'woe-is-me' path.

Okay. What did you learn from my answer?

In post 340, SpyreX wrote:
I'm not sure about Tammy, think she's leaning town and certainly don't disagree that all the meta discussion was cloggin up the thread.

Noooooo

Once again, it wsn't that. Tammy fairly explicitly said it was them saying ~meta changes~ was a pre-emptive defense because they were scum.

Then voted rollerblades

Three suspects, one vote. Besides I said in I admit that maybe they had good reasons for it, but it felt off. And later state that Alchemist's felt genuine.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:31 am

Post by Alchemist »

Tammy is kinda sexy tbh
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:17 am

Post by Tammy »

AV wrote:
Tammy, explain to me why you went from "IDC" to "FFFFFFFUUUUUU-", and from "lolI'dselfvote" to "UGH FINE IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT /SELFVOTE"?
I think your RAEG is feigned. Why should I believe it's genuine?

~AV

I don't know what to tell you, and you're going to think what you want. At some point along the way I got annoyed; I'd rather not have gotten annoyed, but I did. I have a tendency to be impulsive and irrational when I get annoyed.

In post 356, Oman wrote:People who are now against Tammy-lynch for #317 are easily swayed and gullible.

And the people who are voting for me are ____________________?

In post 367, singersigner wrote:Also, NUMERO UNO SCUMZORZ is Magua with a close second being SpyreX.

Why Spyrex?

In post 359, Wyrd wrote: Tammy is town because she's a girl

Best reason for someone being town ever. Never voting for this guy.

In post 369, Alchemist wrote:
1. considering tammy's last post my read might be wrong, some things about it are not sitting right with me at all

It's frustrating to get told that you're not acting as someone would expect for you to act when they barely know you. And you guys depend far far too much on meta around here.

In post 371, Alchemist wrote:Tammy is kinda sexy tbh

Yet another reason to never vote this guy ever.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:39 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

@ TSH
I think you are smart enough to know there is a difference here, and no try and twist my words. I take issue when someone says, "x statement is odd", and leaves it at that. For you, I clearly illuminated what I thought was odd with you statement, the fact that you were actively posting nothing for reasons undisclosed, but then also making a point to show everyone... that you weren't posting for reason's undisclosed. It struck me as off, and if you would like to debate that, please do. I would have gone with a slight TSH is scum, but given you only had two posts and I couldn't decide one way or another, I made a point to point it out so I could come back to it later.

+++ You criticize nikanor for 'being overly concerned with appearance', well that's exactly what you're , "we're not posting" thing looked like as well

Wyrd wrote:ML's initial reaction to just FoS Alcheater is pretty scummy and unnecessary. Its pretty forced for so relatively early in a large game to use FoS, but it makes sense as a scum who needs to set-up multiple lynches down the line and is quite happy with is current vote on a juicy mislynch-Tammy (you're wrong SpyreX and Glork and you should feel bad.)

Actually, I use FOs's a lot. At the time of my FOS, I was using my vote on Tammy, and I can't vote two people at the same time. Using a FOS, for one, let other people know I suspect someone else and perhaps makes them examine the person, and lets the person In question know I'm serious.

I don't think it was unnecessary at all. At that time, I had already fos' DDD, and that post on alchemist came on page 10, hardly what I would call 'early'. I took the time to read what he was saying, and decided it was more likely to come from scum than town, and pointed this out.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:43 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 370, Tammy wrote:Okay. What did you learn from my answer?

Well Initially I thought your answer more likely to come from town than scum. Calling someone town when they're attacking you is pretty dangerous because that means you basically have to roll with their attacks on you without trying to slime their character. That's a much easier way to defend an attack, by forcing the status of the attacking player down, then defending against their attacks while stile building their character up.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”