Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:53 am

Post by Glork »

In post 239, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
Glork
– why would you bother to care who Dramonic wants you sheep?

Because dramonic is the name I arbitrarily ("randomly" to most) picked out before I started reading the thread.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:00 am

Post by Glork »

Also,
In post 239, MaguaofIllusion wrote:VOTE: Tierce

Tierce's complete and utter confusion over flavor / win conditions is very likely genuine, as I'd expect her to tighten up the flavor screws before the game started if she were scum. Please move your vote somewhere more useful. Hell, I'd rather it be on
me
than Tierce at this point.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:02 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 250, Glork wrote:
Glork

Because dramonic is the name I arbitrarily ("randomly" to most) picked out before I started reading the thread.

Do you usually do that? And then on top of that, do you usually listen to the aforementioned person?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

Spyrex – given the scum wincon why should Post 139 not be met with immediate rope?

Ok its time for far more words about this subject than they deserve.

Lets assume that its a unified scumgroup AND that is their wincon. Hell we will make it easier and assume there is no third parties or even vigs. 1 kill a round.

How many scum would you expect? 6-7?

If thats the case there is absolutely no way that list is less than 11 at
minimum
. Further, that list is going to contain some seeerious business thats gonna HAVE to be taken out via kill and not pray for a mislynch.

Third parties? Vigs? That number is going to go
up

If its AT something like 11? Well then I would bank on the town having enough power to balance for missing multiple theoretical days.

THAT SAID:

Even if it WERE the case I flat out deny the floating background theory that this is a scum move tryin to make it easy - especially by both of them. D1 in a setup like this its tantamount to death in a myriad of ways tryin to throw out the seeker claim.

I think they are both town but I will unequivocally say that there is no chance in hell both of them are scum that possess that wincon. No way.

My statement still stands and it will stand forever: saying they are looking for someone doesn't bother me. I wish that if that was the route they were going for (in all scenarios in which they're assuming who they are looking for isn't ALSO looking for them) they'd have either kept quiet OR just rolled the hard eight and said who it was. The middle ground doesn't help near as well.

On a related note to that its a little personal reflection time: I am not good at scum. That little icon I have? Its because I could sit and just fuel the fires of paranoia very, very similar to this wincon business we're seeing already. I'm absolutely waiting with baited breath for the inevitable "But blahblah claimed DEATHMACHINE ENDER OF WORLDS I BET SCUM BE LOOKIN FER HIM"
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:12 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 208, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Tammy (L-7) ~ SpyreX, Magister Ludi, UberNinja, Debonair Danny DiPietro, dramonic, Oman, Glork, [Hippos]

No way this wagon doesn't have... let's arbitrarily say 2 scum on it.

I'm gonna go reread everyone's joining the wagon, and see where my vote needs to go.

Wagon analysis without a flip is useless.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:17 am

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 251, Glork wrote:Also,

Tierce's complete and utter confusion over flavor / win conditions is very likely genuine, as I'd expect her to tighten up the flavor screws before the game started if she were scum. Please move your vote somewhere more useful. Hell, I'd rather it be on
me

At what point before you unvoted did you figure this out? The uptake was pretty late.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:17 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 209, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm fine with accepting the Oversoul vote as a RVS vote, but the timing and manor of you explaining it in your third post is a little off. Why do you feel the need to defend your RVS vote?

I didn't defend it. I only mentioned it because an outlandish number of people commented on it.

In post 209, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Then, your Tammy vote. I'm pretty sure this is a blatant misrepresentation. Sure, maybe Tammy didn't word her post particularly well, but I was able to parse it into something that makes a hell of a lot more sense than what you described it as.

But... but... I am
pretty clearly
trying to get in on an easy lynch early, and then ride it out for most of Day 1 while not scumhunting elsewhere. Free ride, baby. That's how I roll.

In post 209, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:It seems a lot to me like you were reaching for the conclusion you drew in your second post. Would you mind outlining how exactly you came to this conclusion?

I read the post, and that was my thought process. Not sure how that's unclear.
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:22 am

Post by Teleporting Speed Hippos »

Okay UN, you had your chance to explain the vote on Tammy"Town"
Unvote; Vote: UberNinja

I'm holding off on other comments until I've spoken to Pere (#firsthydra)
~AV
-AV and PeregrineV-
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:24 am

Post by UberNinja »

Unvote

Forgot my vote was on Tammy when I said that. *shrug* what can I say I'm not following this game real closely.

p-edit: inb4 scum wagon on me because I'm being inconsis--- WAIT A SECOND
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Alchemist »

My statement still stands and it will stand forever: saying they are looking for someone doesn't bother me. I wish that if that was the route they were going for (in all scenarios in which they're assuming who they are looking for isn't ALSO looking for them) they'd have either kept quiet OR just rolled the hard eight and said who it was. The middle ground doesn't help near as well.

Thats not what you said

Ehh this claiming doesn't bother me in the intrinsic sense. Although if they're gonna go for it I'd almost rather them go whole hog.

In post 142, SpyreX wrote:Waiiit now I'm having a lapse.

Roles and not PLAYERS?

Implies you didnt have a firm grasp on the situation.

The above post by Spyre just feels like a whole lot of chatter and wise-guy backpeddaling, which he is so good at
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:44 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

In post 251, Glork wrote:Tierce's complete and utter confusion over flavor / win conditions is very likely genuine, as I'd expect her to tighten up the flavor screws before the game started if she were scum. Please move your vote somewhere more useful. Hell, I'd rather it be on me than Tierce at this point.

Well I read all 10 pages over an hour period while taking notes. With that in mind ... can you link me to the post where Tierce shows ignorance of the Wincon? I have little time to dredge her ISO at the current time. Thanks!
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 am

Post by SpyreX »

Whaat

Waiiit now I'm having a lapse.

Roles and not PLAYERS?

That makes it pretty clear all along I assumed it was normal world and they were looking for players. Tierce kept using the word role like a crazy person which made me take a doubletake.

Then, after that was resolved, it was clear I was right in what I was originally thinking and I'm still holding to that so how in what universe is that backpedaling?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:48 am

Post by Alchemist »

Ok its time for far more words about this subject than they deserve.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yea?

I didn't think I really needed to spell out this undercurrent of SCUM HAVE TARGETS TO KILL would require more explanation than... none. Because it shouldn't.

Or, to put this a different way: if that wincon wasn't listed do you think 1.) there'd have been any issues or 2.) the game would be unbalanced by us not knowing?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

EBWOP: issues in regards to Glork/Tierce saying they're looking for people.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:51 am

Post by Alchemist »

I smell your fear
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:58 am

Post by SpyreX »

<3
Show

Proud member of BaM
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 am

Post by dramonic »

We're gonna have to lynch Alchemist soon.
Also fuck you Glork, you chose me because I'm a special snowflake.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Alchemist »

Why's that dram
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yeeeaaa Alchemist is town that aint happenin
Show

Proud member of BaM
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:46 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 59, Magister Ludi wrote:Thats an incredibly weak and inept reason to seriously vote someone, Uberninja. Do you honestly think that mispelling a word and blaming it on your phone is a scumtell?

I really think that Ludi is just trying to waste time. First the questions to Alchy and now this.

In post 106, Quilford wrote:
In post 43, Zdenek wrote:Quilford, explain your reads on mathgirl in this game and Lewacher in Animal Rescue.

okay so

mathgirl was nullscum because of the phrasing "not very town" (yes, most of the reads in that post were based off very small gut feelings)

and lewarcher in animal rescue (i have no idea why you're asking, i want an explanation) was town in my early reads post in that game because of his comment about llamas (:P) then vi raised good pointsTM against him and i went along with that, then his claim made me agonise and i ended up not being on his lynch.

~~

i think tammy is pretty okay for now tbh

Both of them made a bit of a jokey post and you had one down as town and one as scum. I wanted to see why.
In post 111, dramonic wrote:Zdenek: Bitter much?

No. Why do you think I'd be bitter?

To people with Meta knowledge:
Do you think it would be possible to list the people who scum likely have to kill. This information might be usefiul at some point.

In post 165, Hinduragi wrote:Oh man, another game of a bunch of backwards words thrown around. The joy of this. Tierce wagon: lol. Tammy wagon: . Saw bitchy and smarmy a lot while skimming. It's the better of the wagons we have for a d1 lynch but I think a golden opportunity will show up in time.

So as a matter of interest, why is your vote still on me?
In post 176, Tammy wrote:Going back on principles and helping you all out because fuck it...vote: Tammy

Jesus Christ.

LLD's entrance into the game leave a lot to be desired. She defends Tammy and her attack on UberNinja is weak.

In post 221, dramonic wrote:LLD, of all the things to attack in UN's play, I'm surprised you're not mentionning the fact he JUST screamed "TAMMY IS TOWN GAIS" while having a vote sitting on her <_<

UN, you have to either bus or buddy tammy, you can't do both at once that's way too obvious man!

This is a great point, but it's UberNinja, who seems to be a bit of a free spirit.

I think that Ludi's case against Alchemist is hogwash.

Unvote
Vote: Hinduragi

He's mostly just sniping at people and his votes have sucked.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:49 am

Post by Glork »

In post 260, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
In post 251, Glork wrote:Tierce's complete and utter confusion over flavor / win conditions is very likely genuine, as I'd expect her to tighten up the flavor screws before the game started if she were scum. Please move your vote somewhere more useful. Hell, I'd rather it be on me than Tierce at this point.

Well I read all 10 pages over an hour period while taking notes. With that in mind ... can you link me to the post where Tierce shows ignorance of the Wincon? I have little time to dredge her ISO at the current time. Thanks!

is some genuine blissful ignorance.

In post 255, Hinduragi wrote:
In post 251, Glork wrote:Also,

me

At what point before you unvoted did you figure this out? The uptake was pretty late.

There was a lot of ninjaposting, but only 16 minutes elapsed between Tierce's and my unvote in . 16 posts chock full of content in 16 minutes? Yeah, I'm not sure how you can say the uptake was late there. As soon as I had a chance to process it, I decided that Tierce wasn't scum.

PEdit: I like Zdenek's Hinduvote here.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:54 am

Post by Glork »

In post 252, singersigner wrote:
In post 250, Glork wrote:
Glork

Do you usually do that? And then on top of that, do you usually listen to the aforementioned person?

If I'm going to sheep in RVS, usually I just pick someone and ask them who I should vote for. This time, I picked someone and asked them who I should sheep. Functionally, it's basically the same thing.

If somebody wants to explain why we're spending this much time on Glork's RVS behavior, I'm all ears. I feel like a lot of people could be putting their time to much better use, and that's not just because
I'm
the one being questioned here.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Apologies for being late to the party. also, its been a while all.

The three people that strike me the most are: Tammy, UN, Tierce.

Tammy for the whole "OMG I'm bitchy" thing. Every post of hers is coming off as artificial--like she's trying to maintain some nonexistent identity. Also, her answers are very unbalanced in terms of reactions. Meaning, whenever someone mentions something about her, she just explodes (especially after being called out for NOT being bitchy/sassy).

However, I shift to UN for that whole "TAMMY"S" town BS. Too much. People who voted UN for his first posts have poor reasoning, but the tammy-un thing is vote worthy.
vote:UberNinja
The "herpderp imma ride a day 1 lynch" thing is bad despite the obvsarcasm.

For Tierce, I'm disliking the whole "You can play better than this." thing that keeps coming up with tammy. Her "UN is useless" thing is important to note. She acts as if UN is deserving of a policy lynch, but doesn't vote him in post 83. She also states that she will not "waste her time and energy" on UN. Firstly, at that particular point in the game the UN aggression seems unnecessary/out of nowhere.

Then this
Tierce wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about it, and it's not the fact that it's uN that's being wagoned--it's the fact that Glork has had enough experience with UN to know better. I've seen Glorktown act like this, but... he should know already. His softclaim looked townish, but this is rather odd. FOS: Glork

So now, UN is useless and bad at the game and therefore
shouldn't
be voted. Thats rather odd too.

So, we have this three person chain.

Tierce adresses Tammy as someone who can "play better," and harps over why UN is someone who will never play well. Doesn't vote either of them.
Tammy has this "bitchy identity" that she needs to get over.
UN cals tammy town despite voting her. UN's reason for voting Tammy (the comment to spyreX about how his persuasion could convince her to even vote herself--which sounds like a combination between flattery and a "don't trust spyrex's silver tongue!") ignores other parts of her game thus far. His later unvote just sounds like an "oops" post. And I don't think its a town "oops."

there is some sort of connection here, and its definitely worrisome.

Quote tag fixed. ~Vi
Last edited by Vi on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:06 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@Vi: any chance you can fix the Tierce quotes? Apparently I forgot how to do them.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”