petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1071, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Alright fuckers. It's like your afraid of voting me. Come on and vote me out of here. This I don't have energy bullshit is weak. If you want me voted out let's go right now. Let's go 1v1 then Chrono. And the rest of you monkeys who want me gone because I've done nothing but sheep. Vote me in your next post or shut the fuck up about my iso.
VOTE: Chrono

oh well if you insist

UNVOTE:

VOTE: elmo
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by petapan »

vaguely sensing towntells but you need to stop OMGUSing if you don't want to die
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by petapan »

sorry for the triplepost but i keep thinking of more to say

look, elmo, if youre going to play like crap, admit youre playing like crap, and get pissed when people call you on it then don't play the game at all!!!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Prod-dodge
Permanent V/LA.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by Chevre »

I guess I can understand not wanting to read, but can someone provide a legit reason for
placing a vote
without having any sense of an understanding of what's going on? NUMEROUS times I have seen someone say, "oh totally not caught up, but lolvote this guy," and I fail to see the logic in that.

I agree with TeChNoWC's case on SpyreX in 1018, except for the part about OMGUSing Milk. Milk has been quite obviously suspicious all game, and except for when mimes were knowledgeably in play, there really hasn't been a bad time to vote Milk.

Page 42 is a treasure trove of fun, by the way:

In post 1027, theamatuer wrote:However, TBone is activate trying to be on every major lynchewagon he was here for

I don't think someone would actively try to do this, seeing how eager the players in this game are to analyze vote counts.

In post 1037, Fritzler wrote:
Vote: SpyreX

FOS: Everyone not voting SpyreX

In post 1039, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:VOTE: SpyreX

These are two posts apart, and I feel it is the shadiest thing ever.

In post 1040, MattP wrote:VOTE: T-bone

On the other extreme, I feel this is a very town thing to do.

In post 1030, redFF wrote:In a game this large, most/all of the big wagons will have scum pushing them.

Look at some of the smaller wagons e.g Milk/uberninja. If you're town you should jump on a slower forming wagon because all the fast forming wagons will inevitably be scum led.

As a proponent of both of these wagons, QFT. Like I said earlier, UN has been a suspect all day yet his wagon has been relatively small and the one peak it did have was small and easily deterred by a few "content-filled" posts form UN.

In post 1062, MattP wrote:I think a lot of people are mistaking "I hate that there are 50 people in this game and I can't keep track of anything and until I can idgaf" with "I'm careless scum"

I've been a major proponent of "please reread what you've missed," but I don't think I've ever said this. And I shouldn't; I agree with you wholeheartedly. Of course players, both scum and town alike, are going to be deterred by the bulk of reading, but the most pro-town thing to do is read it all. In this sort of game, we need all the information we can get.

Suspect thoughts:
- I have in no way changed my opinion on UberNinja due to his spurt of content. However, I feel there are more likely suspects.
Unvote
- Milk is still very suspicious.
- Muffin Wednesday, SpyreX, and YYR are shady, but to a much lesser extent.
- However, Elmo has captured my attention. Something about his activity seems scummy. He began with inconsequential posts that I failed to remember in reading, then right after Fritzler says everyone not voting SpyreX is scum, he votes SpyreX. Finally, his "come at me bro" post just reeks of a scummy ploy.
Vote: Elmo TeH AzN

- I think the Captain Corporal random is still lolrandom, but I'm a bit intrigued by the fact that he did nothing but point out those who had even less posts than him when he actually noted the wagon.
- I still see little reasoning behind a T-bone lynch, and when I look at the wagon I am not surprised because I am suspicious or unsure of those voting him.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

I don't know how to read Elmo's 'come at me bro' post, but obviously it screams of sus. Plus his random voting. However, I am getting more of a 'disinterested in this game because it is so big' vibe from him more than scummy - but I would not hesitate in lynching him at this point.

My accusation that Spyrex was OMGUSing Milk was not because Milk doesn't seem scummy (which he does), but because
a) Milk had not long ago voted for him, and accused one of his votes as stupid
b) He provided no reasoning as to why he was voting Milk; to me it appears to just be classic OMGUS. I could be wrong; Spyrex may have ISOd him after the vote drew his attention to him, but tbh, even ISOing people in secret that vote you and throwing votes back at them still seems driven by OMGUS and scummy in my opinion.

Elmo, Spyrex and Milk all seem pretty scummy, but at the moment Spyrex seems more so, and I am hoping the wagon on him provokes him to respond in more detail, because I anticipate he is more likely to respond intelligently to pressure than Elmo, who I think at this stage is unreadable other than as a somewhat scummy loltroll.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

The wagon on T-Bone has little basis other than a few somewhat scummy reads that his voters have scraped from the bottom of the barrel, coupled with OMGUSers and just plain random votes with no explanation in the hurry for a quicklynch. That, and people just don't want to read the thread, which is making it hard to distinguish between scummy lurkers, and people that just couldn't be bothered reading through 40+ pages of text.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by imaginality »

Chevre's case on Elmo is good, the bit about the SpryreX vote particularly.
But, after Captain Corporal's latest post, I like that wagon too.
Either would be okay with me. I'll go for CC since I think Elmo is the more likely to give us more opportunity to refine our reads of him whereas I have no confidence in CC contributing more than the minimum.

Unvote

VOTE: Captain Corporal
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 1076, petapan wrote:vaguely sensing towntells but you need to stop OMGUSing if you don't want to die

Why are you voting him again then if his last post is giving you towntells?

Sure, OMGUSing could get him killed, but if your reading town from it, I'm not sure why you are voting him.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 1082, imaginality wrote:Chevre's case on Elmo is good, the bit about the SpryreX vote particularly.
Either would be okay with me. I'll go for CC since I think Elmo is the more likely to give us more opportunity to refine our reads of him whereas I have no confidence in CC contributing more than the minimum.

Unvote

And... The possibility that he is town, or even a PR?

And you want to lynch him based on his lack of input?

I understand that you would rather keep someone in this game you can get reads on vs someone you can't who both seem scummy, but lynching people MOSTLY off their non-contribution I think, is a bad move.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by Staeg »

In post 1080, TeChNoWC wrote:I don't know how to read Elmo's 'come at me bro' post, but obviously it screams of sus. Plus his random voting. However, I am getting more of a 'disinterested in this game because it is so big' vibe from him more than scummy - but I would not hesitate in lynching him at this point.

My accusation that Spyrex was OMGUSing Milk was not because Milk doesn't seem scummy (which he does), but because
b) He provided no reasoning as to why he was voting Milk; to me it appears to just be classic OMGUS. I could be wrong; Spyrex may have ISOd him after the vote drew his attention to him, but tbh, even ISOing people in secret that vote you and throwing votes back at them still seems driven by OMGUS and scummy in my opinion.

Elmo, Spyrex and Milk all seem pretty scummy, but at the moment Spyrex seems more so, and I am hoping the wagon on him provokes him to respond in more detail, because I anticipate he is more likely to respond intelligently to pressure than Elmo, who I think at this stage is unreadable other than as a somewhat scummy loltroll.

Okay, no
unvote
Vote: tehnowc
sa vrede?
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 1085, Staeg wrote:
In post 1080, TeChNoWC wrote:I don't know how to read Elmo's 'come at me bro' post, but obviously it screams of sus. Plus his random voting. However, I am getting more of a 'disinterested in this game because it is so big' vibe from him more than scummy - but I would not hesitate in lynching him at this point.

Okay, no
unvote

Normally I wouldn't feel the need to defend myself, but you mentioned me as potentially scummy earlier, and now you are voting for me with no explanation.

I'm willing to think it's just a vibe thing gone wrong, but I am going to request reasoning behind your vote. Because the other tell I am getting is you are scum trying to establish an alleby for voting me off later in the game, should you need to.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 7:11 pm

In post 1007, zoraster wrote:um. apparently this game started. yeah... 41 pages in. Not going to read all of that. will be following now.

I hear you bro. Mod sent the role pms and then started the game without even bothering to tell us he was starting it. Pretty lamesauce...
Permanent V/LA.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 1009, Captain Corporal wrote:That moment where I'm called lurking scum and 3 people have less posts than me. Not sure where those people on my wagon got their BS logic from.

V for VICTORY
FLASH OF GREEN
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 1079, Chevre wrote:- However, Elmo has captured my attention. Something about his activity seems scummy. He began with inconsequential posts that I failed to remember in reading, then right after Fritzler says everyone not voting SpyreX is scum, he votes SpyreX. Finally, his "come at me bro" post just reeks of a scummy ploy. Vote: Elmo TeH AzN

No fucking shit. It was meant to get your attention.
*Throws hands in air*
This isn't rocket science. Hell it's not that I'm not interested in this game it's we had 50 fucking people and were down to 42. YOU EXPECT TO HAVE GOOD SCUM READS THIS FAR IN?! I'll fucking vote myself if town nails scum out of 42 people. Look at the first 2 lynches. What were they?
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Post by Staeg »

In post 1086, TeChNoWC wrote:

Okay, no
unvote

Normally I wouldn't feel the need to defend myself, but you mentioned me as potentially scummy earlier, and now you are voting for me with no explanation.

I'm willing to think it's just a vibe thing gone wrong, but I am going to request reasoning behind your vote. Because the other tell I am getting is you are scum trying to establish an alleby for voting me off later in the game, should you need to.

That post was all kinds of wrong. From a weak gut-feeling about the tone to the assumption that OMGUS = scum to the assumption that elmo, spyrex and milk can be on a scumteam.
Oh, and spyspy definitely had some reason for the vote, sometimes you just don't feel like explaining it (and, no, I don't know where this vote was or what circumstances were there).

I would also feel happy with voting chevre.
sa vrede?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 7:36 pm

In post 1088, Ellibereth wrote:
In post 1009, Captain Corporal wrote:That moment where I'm called lurking scum and 3 people have less posts than me. Not sure where those people on my wagon got their BS logic from.

V for VICTORY

I vaguely remember someone saying something about how voting based on activity would be chasing shadows in this game...apparently some people here didn't get the memo, lol...
Permanent V/LA.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 748, funkybike1 wrote:Waiting for a claim... that's pretty much all we need now..

Absolute fluff
In post 1068, funkybike1 wrote:
Petapan looks pretty townish, if I have to say so myself.
Some other people, though...
VOTE: Milk
This reads as an incredibly opportunistic vote with no actual reasoning.

funkybike1 is scum

VOTE: funkybike1
SlappyKrust
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 1090, Staeg wrote:
In post 1086, TeChNoWC wrote:

Okay, no
unvote

That post was all kinds of wrong. From a weak gut-feeling about the tone to the assumption that OMGUS = scum to the assumption that elmo, spyrex and milk can be on a scumteam.
Oh, and spyspy definitely had some reason for the vote, sometimes you just don't feel like explaining it (and, no, I don't know where this vote was or what circumstances were there).

I would also feel happy with voting chevre.

Maybe you should look into it then before you start throwing votes around.

I never said OMGUS = scum, I said OMGUS = scummy. Big difference.

And I never said anything about a scumteam between elmo, spyrex and milk. Something you know there that happened to slip out?

Often SCUM don't feel like explaining their votes, SOMETIMES town, neither helps town at all.

Nowhere did I accuse Spyrex for not having a good reason, I accused him of not stating one, of voting shortly after Milk voted for him, and a plethora of other reasons.

I suggest you do more reading, because your scumreads seem way off, as does your factchecking.

Care to explain your case on Chevre? That read came out of left centre
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 1006, Staeg wrote:Okay, erm, I got neither a link to this thread nor a "D1 has started come post" PM, and I'd say that it's really unlikely that I'll be reading 40 pages that are (probably) mostly composed of nothing
I see spyrex has a vote down
vote: Milk

Wow, this explains a lot.

Again, I am going to assume the positive and assume you buddied with Spyrex because you are friends from other games.

However, assuming that Spyrex is town because you like him, and bringing that onto the table when choosing who you think is scum, IS VERY DESTRUCTIVE TO TOWN.

This and your little comment about a 'scumteam' involving Spyrex, that came out of know where, is pretty concerning.

All I am going to ask you to do at this stage is, put the fact that you are friends with Spyrex aside, and go and ISO him, while trying to be as unbias as possible. Then come and tell me what you think.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1025, Luffy wrote:Can anyone please see how opportunistic T-bone's votes have been all game, and how when you really get down to them, they are all crap and just sheeping or opportunistic?

In post 130, T-Bone wrote:
Vote: Mini Librarian

Posts #38 and #39 say it all for me.

In post 443, T-Bone wrote:Okay. Needs to die by lynch...
UberNinja
Izak
Petapan

Vote: UberNinja

Needs to die by other means
IceGuy

Town voting block
Me
Spyrex
Rhinox
Amrun
Chevre
errr...I need to go back and check all that. I should make notes.

In post 482, T-Bone wrote:
Thank you Call, Izak needs to go.
unvote, Vote: Izak

UberNinja or Petapan next please.

In post 669, T-Bone wrote:Here's the players with one post in the game, omitting Amrun because her one post has more content then everyone in the One-Line gallery, and I read her as town. I wish she'd post more...

Captain Corporal, Robotnick2, funkybike1, Ellibereth, sykedoc - all have 1 post.

If that's what you wanted there you go. CC just came in to vote Chesskid. Funkybike just confirmed his role. Elli just said "WTF". Robotnick just quoted Izak about hammering lynches. Sykedoc just confirmed.

Dramonic has two posts, one for a policy vote, one to ask how mimes lose.

From there it's about picking and choosing which players tried to add content, and which players continue to spam without content. So someone like Imaginality has 3 posts, but I think they are pretty good, as opposed to Sleepykrew's 3, which offer nothing, Moneybags at 8, which are crap, or Matt at 66 which are 98% crap.

Moneybags is as good of a vote as any.
Unvote, Vote: Moneybags

While that wagon is building slowly, we have one more lynch today. Perhaps we use this last lynch to take out someone who is scummy and posting a lot as opposed to another lurker. Who knows, maybe the night phase will allow some of those low posters to catch up and give some actual content Day 2.

In post 784, T-Bone wrote:I can get behind a Uberninja lynch Hoopla. His last couple of posts were just him claiming he's not going to do anything but troll. We don't need that, trolling is anti-town. I wanted to try and push Matt or Petapan here, but we can't have admitted trolls wandering around unfortunately.

Vote: Uberninja

agreed! good point

unvote; vote: t-bone

Spoiler:
you could say the same about me to an extent, hell even this very vote, but i'll be damned if it doesn't apply to t-bone even more.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
With 42 alive it is 10 to lynch.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1084, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 1082, imaginality wrote:Chevre's case on Elmo is good, the bit about the SpryreX vote particularly.

Unvote

I understand that you would rather keep someone in this game you can get reads on vs someone you can't who both seem scummy, but lynching people MOSTLY off their non-contribution I think, is a bad move.

You misunderstand. Why I voted CC isn't that he's not contributing because of playstyle. As I commented, it's because of his latest post, which seemed scummy to me:

(a) it shows he's paying a modicum of attention to the game (he noticed a comment about him from the previous page, 10 or so posts back)
(b) he had time to check how many posts other players had made
(c) he defended himself (briefly and sarcastically)
(d) he didn't do anything else

It's the fact he took the time to do (b) and (c) instead of scumhunting which seems suspect to me. Playing purely self-defensively is scummy.

The other comment was related to the fact that he recognised he was being criticised for lurking, but still chose to make just a one-line post. That suggests to me that we won't get much out of him just by pressuring him to contribute more, compared to some posters who do post more when they know they're under focus.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 1097, imaginality wrote:
In post 1084, TeChNoWC wrote:

Unvote

You misunderstand. Why I voted CC isn't that he's not contributing because of playstyle. As I commented, it's because of his latest post, which seemed scummy to me:

(a) it shows he's paying a modicum of attention to the game (he noticed a comment about him from the previous page, 10 or so posts back)
(b) he had time to check how many posts other players had made
(c) he defended himself (briefly and sarcastically)
(d) he didn't do anything else

It's the fact he took the time to do (b) and (c) instead of scumhunting which seems suspect to me. Playing purely self-defensively is scummy.

The other comment was related to the fact that he recognised he was being criticised for lurking, but still chose to make just a one-line post. That suggests to me that we won't get much out of him just by pressuring him to contribute more, compared to some posters who do post more when they know they're under focus.

That's actually an interesting point, and something I didn't consider.

I'm still not sure I would want to lynch CC at this point, in the vague hope that he does post more, but I wouldn't feel so hesitant about one now.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 12:04 am

Post by mykonian »

Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”