ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:24 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

modargo wrote:The votes on EnPaceRequiescat seem to have been missed in the vote count. Not that it matters.

Anyway, it seems to me that it's about time for korais666 to claim. Yay for bandwagons and all.
Its 10 to lynch hes only got 6 give it a nother vote or 2

also Yay for bandwagons? seems you are a little lynch happy. FOS YOU
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:52 pm

Post by korais666 »

I'm not saying "hey everyone go vote no lynch now." We should definately discuss more before going to night. I only meant to put forward that I don't have any ideas. I didn't mean to start a ruckus.

Plus, anyone who's played a game with me where I've been mafia can say that I'm not a complete idiot. A) I wouldn't be the first to vote no lynch if I were mafia. B) My fellow mafia members would probably also vote no lynch immediately, so as not to get me lynched. If 3 (or 4 or 5, however many aliens there are) all voted no lynch at the same time, people would be more likely to follow that bandwagon. It's basic mafia 101.

Zoneace: as much as I wish you were right, you know the 1 or 2 people you're talking about are just giong to vote for me within the next 24 hours. Why wait? That's another thing I learned in mafia 101. Once you are halfway to being lynched, the bandwagoners will not stop for any defense other than a roleclaim. That's why the "townie and mafia only" generic games are so much fun. People really have to think.

Anywho, I'm a calvin clone. The "information" in the role that has been argued so much (though I'm not sure why...) is right in the role description. Nothing special, just "The teachers are aliens!! Come help find the aliens!!" Of course, that was paraphrased, but I think it's close enough that the rest of the calvin clones know what I'm talking about.

unvote: no lynch, vote: coolbot
. Why were you suspicious of me before, exactly?
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:53 pm

Post by korais666 »

CoolBot wrote:I was suspicous of Korias before, and his advocation of a no lynch on day one just firms them up.
vote: korais666
The quote, from last page
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:07 pm

Post by Tigris »

Uhm, if a bunch of people suddenly voted no-lynch at the same time, I would be highly suspicious of them, especially since there are a fair number of players on this sight that wouldn't advocate a no-lynch unless it was along the lines of 4 left and 1 mafia amongst them. I'm not going to vote for koraiss because I believe his claim to be honest, so I would fos modargo for his joy about the bandwagon (I usually like more discussion, less bandwagon), but since I haven't been around that much in this game it would be hypocritical.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:07 pm

Post by modargo »

Note that the part of my post about "yay bandwagon" was sarcastic. I debated adding a :roll:, but foolishly ended up deciding against it. People need to turn on their text-to-tone-of-voice converters.

If you could not tell, that last sentence was also sarcastic.

I'd also point out that I find it very humorous that I've been FoSed for essentially saying "yay bandwagon", whereas the people who have actual started and continued the bandwagon have not been. It's suspicious to say "yay bandwagon", but not suspicious to actively make a bandwagon? In Zoneace's words, by saying yay for bandwagons I am "lynch happy", and worthy of a FoS.

So, Zoneace, what do you think about CoolBot, Scalebane, EnPaceRequiescat, Werebear, mathcam, and Spoon? They seem quite "lynch happy" to me, so we'd better watch out! I mean, just look at them. Half of them voted with two or less lines of other text in their post! Run for your life, it's a bandwagon!
FoS: All people who vote for someone who already has a vote, ever
. You lynch-happy bandwagoners you!

Parts of the previous paragraphs were sarcastic too. I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out which. I again advise use of the text-to-tone-of-voice converters. If you do not have one on hand, I advise assuming that this entire post is sarcastic.

Also note that my post merely stated the obvious in case anybody could not see it. Korais explained it fine in his post, but I'll say it here too. Once a bandwagon reaches a certain point, you need something big to have any chance at stopping it. This generally means a roleclaim, though others thing can do it too. I see little point in posturing for another few days while the bandwagon victim tries to see if he can get the bandwagon stopped by other means, and wanted to inform korais666 of that in case he felt differently.

In the realm of things that actually are of importance to the game, korais666 has claimed Calvin Clone, which seems to be a generic townie. This makes me both more and less suspicious of him. We know that there are Calvin Clones in the game, as the night one death indicates, so his roleclaim is believable. What makes me a bit more suspicious is the same thing: that the role was already revealed to be in the game, and he could be mafia going for a safe roleclaim.

It would be interesting to know if there were any other Calvin Clones out there who were just plain townies. Since we have two, I assume there are more. However, as it is impractical and stupid to ask them to come out, the best thing to do is ask for the opposite. If you are a vanilla Calvin Clone and are
not
a simple townie, you should probably come out. I'd bet that all Calvin Clones are the same, so if someone claims to be a Calvin Clone and not a townie, either they or korais666 are likely lying.
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:16 pm

Post by God »

unvote
vote modargo

modargo wrote:you are a vanilla Calvin Clone and are not a simple townie, you should probably come out.
I agree with most of the logic in your post, I just really don't like that sentence.
"Still looking for one, heh" Dragon Phoenix, inside the 2nd DP9 Modprod.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:40 pm

Post by modargo »

Do you have a
reason
, or do you just "not like it"? It would help if you actually said
why
you "don't like" it. It doesn't help anything to cast doubt on what seems to me to be a valid idea without explaining your reasoning. Can you imagine how stupid this game would be if, instead of saying why they thought something was bad, people just said that they "didn't like it"?

As for that sentence, I see it as a simple idea. If we assume that all people with the role "Calvin Clone" are the same (they are clones, after all), it would show that korais666 is probably lying if somebody else revealed that they were a "Calvin Clone" and had an ability.

Please either explain what you think is wrong with that idea or do not criticize it.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:12 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

fos modargo
pretty much just for being an ass.

having said that i really dont have a vote right now. It seems like everyone is just, well not helping at all.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:21 am

Post by CoolBot »

korias, bottom of page 8,
CoolBot wrote:Right now, I'm suspicous of Gnome most and Korias next. Korias posting has been extremly sporadic. His most recent posts seem only to try to put the kibosh the plan we've worked out. What do you object more to, Korias: testing the Gnome's claim, or protecting the vig?
fos: korias555
Interesting you ignored this question...

Your OMGUS vote fails to sway me; your claim sways me even less. You gave us no new information; we knew clones existed and Zone already told us the teachers were aliens. Further, I seem to remember the clones as a maleviolent group in the comics, or at least, they worked against Calvin.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:52 am

Post by PolarBoy »

modargo's sarcasm notwithstanding I do find it somewhat vexing that players would jump on the Korais bandwagon with little or no spoken reason. It's just hard to guess whether it really is blending strategy or if there's something else going on. Maybe they all have information from their roles implicating Korais.

With 18 alive a massive revelation of Calvin clones has the potential to be disastrous. In Texas Mafia we did something like this - revealing who had weapons to help the gunsmith locate mafia - and the whole thing went miserably. The mafia and everybody else(except the pacifist) told the truth about their weapons status. This gave the 1 in 2 odds of nabbing the Doctor that night, as only one player claimed to be without weapons and only one other would not say. It also made the gunsmith role useless and didn't give us any way of locating mafia. Revealing Calvin clones could easily have the same effect. Assuming that they are all the same(They are clones after all) we've just revealed everyone who doesn't have an ability to the mafia. That means we've also revealed who does have an ability and therefore who the mafia should target. If the group is big enough the mafia can hide either by claiming to be clones or claiming not be clones and we don't have any more effective way to search. This is all assuming that there's anything even remotely predictable about the nature of the Calvin clone role. If I remember correctly from the comic there were several variations on his clones, for instance one that only represented his good side. That could mean some strange stuff. Especially when one considers that clones may also be a device for allowing Calvins various inventions(The transmogrifier, the time machine, the brain enhancer, etc.) to be distributed evenly throughout the town. This means that we just end up revealing a bunch of people with useful roles to the mafia and still know nothing about Korais' role.

Something I noticed though:
modargo wrote:The votes on EnPaceRequiescat seem to have been missed in the vote count. Not that it matters.

Anyway, it seems to me that it's about time for korais666 to claim. Yay for bandwagons and all.
This bothers me. He seems to be trying to minimize the votes on EPR while pushing Korais666 for information while trying to maintain his distance from the bandwagon.
Vote: Modargo, FoS: EnPaceRequiescat
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:31 am

Post by mathcam »

korais666 wrote:*doesn't welcome Polarboy, just be be mean* :P

I'm just as stumped as the rest of us. I guess I'll
vote: no lynch
for now, although I doubt it'll actually happen.
PB: Well, for one, CoolBot has stated reasons. For myself, I just found korais' above post suspisious. It wasn't the advocation of the no lynch, it was the feigning of indecision. I feel like the "Well, I really don't know what to do...let me struggle with it a bit out loud and then offhandedly suggest no lynch" was a pretty good scum indication.

I agree that Clone revelation would probably either be best case unhelpful and worst case, disastrous.

Cam
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:49 am

Post by Breakdown »

PB, I think me and mordargo are the only ones with votes on EPR, and I'm pretty sure why he said it didn't matter was because pretty much all other guns were pointed at korais at the the time. If you think the reasoning behind his statement is different, please elaborate.

I too am opposed to a mass clone roleclaim, but I know in the comic there were six of them, seven if you count the one that was just Calvin's good side. With 20 players, 6 clones isn't an unbelieveable amount if they don't have some kind of ability, so maybe 1 should come forward if they are just vanilla. If you guys have special abilities, then yeah, you should all keep quiet, at least for now.
Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:59 am

Post by mathcam »

We already have one that's just vanilla, right? The dead one.

Cam
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:02 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

Oh shoot, one of the votes mentioned is Modargo's...oops. That slightly changes the way I read the other post I was quoting. I still feel the same way about the rest of it though, so my vote remains.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:03 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

Hard to tell about that cam. No information was given about Spaceman Spiff either, so I wonder if the mod would even tell us about role abilities.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:13 pm

Post by mathcam »

Mmm. Good point. Okay, then.

I am a vanilla calvin clone. I have no night abilities.

Cam
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:21 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

mathcam wrote:
korais666 wrote:*doesn't welcome Polarboy, just be be mean* :P

I'm just as stumped as the rest of us. I guess I'll
vote: no lynch
for now, although I doubt it'll actually happen.
PB: Well, for one, CoolBot has stated reasons. For myself, I just found korais' above post suspisious. It wasn't the advocation of the no lynch, it was the feigning of indecision. I feel like the "Well, I really don't know what to do...let me struggle with it a bit out loud and then offhandedly suggest no lynch" was a pretty good scum indication.

I agree that Clone revelation would probably either be best case unhelpful and worst case, disastrous.

Cam
what do you refer to by the calvin clone revelation? because:
Mmm. Good point. Okay, then.

I am a vanilla calvin clone. I have no night abilities.

Cam
you changed your mind really fast after reading polar boy's post, at least the way I'm reading it. so I'd like some clarification, cause that would change my train of thought.
freak with short term memory
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:22 pm

Post by mathcam »

No, I think a
mass
revelation would be a bad idea. But I think it's important that the town knows what the calvin clones do...so I am verifying the claim that they are vanilla townies.

Cam
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:36 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

I understand now.
freak with short term memory
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:40 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Mathcam, in your role PM, did you get any sort of indication that the teacher's were aliens?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:42 am

Post by mathcam »

Hmm, looking back on it, yes, it does say this. But I didn't notice this until just now...at first, I thought it was just flavor text.

Cam
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:46 am

Post by CoolBot »

korias666 wrote:Anywho, I'm a calvin clone. The "information" in the role that has been argued so much (though I'm not sure why...) is right in the role description. Nothing special, just "The teachers are aliens!! Come help find the aliens!!" Of course, that was paraphrased, but I think it's close enough that the rest of the calvin clones know what I'm talking about.
Korias seems to know the alien information was in the Clone PM. Since mathcam confims this info was in the PM, I believe Korias.
unvote: korias666
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:32 am

Post by PolarBoy »

I suppose the fact that nobody has come out with anything damning at this point means we can more or less trust mathcam and Korais.(or they can't be trusted at all, but that would be one heck of a gambit)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:03 am

Post by mathcam »

I vote "more."

Cam
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:29 am

Post by CoolBot »

Wow this day is getting long. Skimming over the day, Breakdown seems most likley to be scum. He tried to minimize the importance of looking at who has defended Gnome. Since Gnome is likely to be scum, it's not a bad idea to look at who's defending him.
Breakdown wrote:MGIA dopesn't really have anything damning against him at this point, and if the night goes down as outlined he'll be that much closer to confirmed in my mind. Thus, EnPace's desire to get modargo killed because he's an ally of Gnome's reeks of scumminess.
It's slim, but as I said, this day is getting long, so
vote: Breakdown

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”