Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:23 am

Post by Glork »

Guys, we should really kill Dead Rikimaru. Seriously, he's the right lynch today.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:45 am

Post by Glork »

Sotty7 wrote:
Glork wrote:Guys, we should really kill Dead Rikimaru. Seriously, he's the right lynch today.
How come?
Three reasons, really.
1) I feel like stirring the pot early on.
2) Obligatory first-to-comment-on-the-night's-deaths scumtell.
3) One very small, but very important word I found in Rikimaru's first post. The word "A."

Dead Rikimaru wrote:One of the nightkills was
a
mafia leader!
A
mafia leader? As in, there are more than one? How else would a player know this unless they were a member of a/the mafia?

It could have been an honest grammatical mistake but, given the fact that we had two nightkills (which fits in so perfectly with having two mafias... imagine that!), I want to explore it a little more.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:18 pm

Post by Glork »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
2) Obligatory first-to-comment-on-the-night's-deaths scumtell.
When I entered the forum I noticed day 1 was up, so I posted.
Do you usually wait for other people to post first to avoid looking scummy?
No, it's not the fact that you posted. It's the content of the post. For some unknown reason, the first person to comment on the Night One kill(s) tends to be a scumbag. It's not a major tell, but it contributes nonetheless.
Rikimaru wrote:
A mafia leader? As in, there are more than one? How else would a player know this unless they were a member of a/the mafia?

It could have been an honest grammatical mistake but
I am not a native English speaker, but I don't think there is a grammatical mistake there.
You purposedly misunderstood the meaning of my words just to look smart. Or to lynch an innocent.
I didn't purposefully misunderstand anything. The artcicle "the" implies that there is exactly one of something. The President, for example. On the other hand, "a" usually implies that you are talking about one of many. A politician. A mafiate. So the way you wrote that first post ("A mafia leader") indicated to me that there is more than one mafia leader, and that you knew this.
Dead Rikimaru wrote:It is possible there are two Mafias, but due to the number of players in this game I don't believe it.
We have either Mafia and a SK (most probable) or a Mafia and a lucky Vigilante (less probable).
If we have two Mafias they may have only two members, because two groups of three wouldn't give the town a chance in a 12 player game.
Also, being based on RE4 there is a high chance of having a cult in this game.
Anything's possible at this point. I'm not going to speculate on the setup of the game right now, but I will point out that mini agmes have had multiple mafias. (I can't think of one off the top of my head right now, but if you want me to go find one, I can.)
Dead Rikimaru wrote:
Guys, we should
really
kill Dead Rikimaru.
Seriously
, he's the
right
lynch today.
You look very confident of my guilt in this post.
It's much more than just stirring the pot, and you don't show any sign of thinking that "It could have been an honest grammatical mistake".
Actually it looks (to me, at least) very much like you wanted everyone to think you had some role-related information and you knew without a doubt that I was scum.
At this point, I'm not going to say if I have any role-related information on you. I will, however, make a point about my language.
I tend to make bold, sometimes irrational, oftentimes joking/biding/sarcastic comments. That was one of them. In recent games, I've also made similar comments about other players. It's not actually a statement of fact or certainty. It's a pseudo-joke that says, "I suspect this guy right now, and I think that we should take a closer look at him." It's used to gague the reactions of the person I'm pressuring as well as those of the other townspeople. And in this case, I'm thinking I may have struck something.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:59 am

Post by Glork »

Of course my argument is weak, Vyolence. We're on Page Two of the game. :P
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:27 pm

Post by Glork »

Vyolynce wrote:
Glork wrote:Of course my argument is weak, Vyolence. We're on Page Two of the game. :P
Glork wrote:Guys, we should really kill Dead Rikimaru. Seriously, he's the right lynch today.
Make up your mind. Is your argument weak or is he the right lynch today?
I thought my stance was perfectly clear, though if you want me to state it again, I can.

I felt I saw two early scumtells in Dead Rikimaru's post. I wanted to explore the notion a bit more. My second post was (in retrospect) an ill-advised bit of sarcasm to evoke a response from the town (especially DR). I'm not one bit satisfied with DR's response, but I'm not fully convinced that he's scum.

To further clarify: I'm perfectly willing to concede that my initial evidence was rather weak. In fact, I've already done so. It's awfully hard to find something truly legitimate from a player's first post in the game. But if you'll examine DR's response, you'll find further scumtells. (I'm not going to bother pointing these out, beacuse BMQ has already done so.) My argument is weak. However, DR's flagrant counterattack and his over-defensive nature on a small bit of Page-One "evidence" now indicates that I might in fact have been onto something.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Post by Glork »

Well, before I get bandwagoned to death, I suppose I should claim. I'm Jill Valentine, another Cop. Yes, I investigated Dead Rikimaru. Yes, he's scum. I was trying to find an alternate way to get him lynched, but apparently that plan backfired pretty badly.

Now please unvote me and lynch Rikimaru.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:06 pm

Post by Glork »

Trust me, Centoaph, I'm more irritated over this bandwagon than you are. Despite my result, I'm not happy to be claiming on Day One.

Nevertheless, what's done is done. I can't unclaim, and I can't change the fact that I had four votes on me over this. I know for a fact I'll be investigating someone who was on my bandwagon. I just haven't yet decided who that will be.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #81 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:36 am

Post by Glork »

BMQ wrote:I'd also like to add that it'd be crazy for scum to pretend to be a cop this early in the game. Glork
is
crazy, but not like that. ;)
I AM CRAZY LIKE THAT!!!

Actually, what I did makes more sense if one knows all the facts. I haven't yet decided if I want to just go quietly now and let the town have fun with things, or make a proposal to live a little longer and help out the town. Either way, I have absolutely no hope in eventually winning the game, so I'm somewhat apathetic right now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #84 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:53 am

Post by Glork »

Okay, okay, time for teh real claim.

I'm Jack Krauser, the Mercenary, non/self-aligned. Basically I get to choose what I do and who I support. To start the game, I wanted to be mafia.... just for the hell of it, so I started out in a mafia group with just Kelly. From what I can tell, there are in fact two mafia groups(though I had no idea there was a cult). That's why I was so sure of Rikimaru's scumminess that I was willing to fake a cop claim to get him lynched. Go figure that an innocent semantic typo would fit in *perfectly* with game information that I had. :roll:

Basically I just have to survive until endgame. It's not something I really expect to happen, because sooner or later, I feel that most of the town will decide that I'm full of crap and deserve to die. And though I'm not full of crap, I probably do deserve to dye. Lynch All Liars and whatnot. I do get to make a nightkill (I'm the one who knifed Redfield on Night One.), so I could effectively become a vigilante if the town so desires.

Like I said, I don't really expect to win, because I don't think the town will decide I'm worth keeping alive the whole game. But there's my claim in all its... er... glory.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:23 am

Post by Glork »

I might as well put in my two cents before I go to work... since I very well may be dead by the time I get home.

Take a long, hard look at Lloyd. He hopped on my wagon for literally no reasoning whatsoever. And, while it forced an erroneous claim, hopped right onto the other wagon. Now that we know Rikimaru wasn't scum, it seems like the perfect opportunity to get a pro-town player lynched, then get the other player (mafia, protown, other, whatever) lynched because of the incorrect investigation result.

Keep the focus away from your mafia, and possibly out/kill off another threat to you? Sounds like a plan if I'm part of the unknown mafia group!!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #88 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:54 am

Post by Glork »

Let me make things simple for you.

Night one, I killed CDT at Kelly's request. Someone from the other mafia killed Kelly. Once she died, I decided it'd be productive to get on the town's side. Rikimaru's post tole me that the easiest way would be to have the town think I was cop. Poor planning on my part.

Night two, other mafia killed BMQ. I targeted Der Hammer (if my goal is to survive to endgame, I was naturally going to try to kill the person who I figured would try to vig me), but Der Hammer obviously did not die. Roleblocking or Doc protection ftw.

The "become a vig, basically" offer still stands, as you can pretty much auto-lynch me anytime you want.

PS. Vyolynce is in the shotgunning mafia with Lloyd. Image
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #91 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:09 am

Post by Glork »

AniX wrote:But I'm sure if the mafia start rolling, you'll leap to their side and just "pretend" vig. for us.
I'm already on thin enough ice as it is. Why the hell would I do anything that could possibly give me a remote chance of being lynched/offed?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #92 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:11 am

Post by Glork »

Vyolynce wrote:So what you're asking us to believe is that, in a 12-person mini, there were two mafias -- one of which had only a leader (leading whom, one would well ask) --
and
a cult.
That's exactly what I'm saying. I have no reason to lie to you about scumgroups that aren't related to me. There are likely two more mafiates in this game. I suspect that those two mafiates are you and Lloyd.

(Philosophical aside: Is a one-person mafia still "a mafia"? Aren't they just an SK at that point?)
Yes, if anything, I'm closest to being an SK. But Mercenary != SK. Like I said, I basically do what I will, so long as it'll help me survive.

Apparently, though, I suck at living. :(
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #267 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:35 pm

Post by Glork »

Lloyd wrote:Kelly Chen and Glork,

I'm curious about your thoughts on this game. I think a 2-person Mafia in a 12 person game can be difficult, considering the number of power roles you were up against.
I feel like I was a big letdown in this game. I completely misread my role PM -- it said "(Mafia #2)" next to my rolename -- and thought that there were two mafias in the game. (It made sense, number-wise, since there were only two of us, and neither Slazar nor Sadler were in our group.

The presence of a second kill N1 practically confirmed this in my eyes, which is the only reason I attacked Rikimaru on his word choice. It's also why I was willing to claim cop -- I was banking on Rikimaru having been a member of this "second mafia" that I thought existed.

Big misunderstanding, and I really paid the price. :/

Oh well, it was a good game. Thanks a bunch, MBF. :D
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”