BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:12 am

Post by BabyJesus »

past few kills have been typically the person with the 2nd most money. And nightcow has had a huge lead for a while..... If vaughn really is doc, I cannot fathom why scum would not kill him, then nightcow the following night.

Seems to me like a play to get to an endgame with Vaughn, Nightcow, + 1 other, and Vaughn hoped the 3rd member would be lynched. Which is why he had to force a lynch today....going to night with 3 would have killed hs chances.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:56 pm

Post by Vaughn »

BJ's play has been pretty aggressive early on, and he spew forth lots of garbage.
BJ wrote:I'm 95% sure we have a backup doc
Who was our other doc? I'm the ONLY protection role in this entire game, go to the front page and look, no other docs/bodygaurds/RB's. There's no chance in hell that BJ's the doc, what does that leave us with? Common sense please.

Scum have been on me since Day 1. It started with CES.
CES wrote:I will always advocate lynching a claimed doc early in the game. It's generally worth the risk. I don't see an outed doc as a power role anymore. Lynching a real doc is only marginally worse than letting a scumbucket live.
CES wrote:Pooky wrote:

He also used all of his money to try to lynch this claimed doc.

We went over this Yesterday. It really doesn't mean anything.

As I see it, logicticus never really went after Stoofer/Vaughn, but distanced himself with such comments as he made, because he didn't want to be tied to his scum buddy. He certainly didn't go after Stoofer/Vaughn in such a way that it really says anything about his alignment, if anything I think it makes Vaughn look scummier.

And may I ask what the point is of letting people that claim doc survive if you don't even think it's strange that they survive the night TWICE? Yesterday you may have had some point, but Today, nope. It wouldn't be worth it for the mafia to let the doctor live.

And I can tell you that if I were mafia, I'd have killed him by now. Yes, it would perhaps make me look bad in that case, but it'd have made me look bad sooner or later and we'd be able to move on.

And I seriously considered just ignoring my strong suspicions of Stoofer/Vaughn, because I was afraid it would only backfire and get me lynched instead. But I don't see what's anti-town about making a stance and be willing to go against the current.
Logic wrote:well i am not just gonna die. i dont care how this looks, but I am going to go all in because I would rather win with the town then the town just win, its much more satisfying taht way.

vote 125: vaughn

it sucks this is on a replacement, but i dont buy his claim at all.

Mod edit: This is a lead change.
Vis on the otherhand bought my claim, perhaps seeing his two scum buddies lynched for pushing for my lynch taught him a lesson.

Looking at the way scum have played this game, I could beleive that BJ masterminded this entire thing. Yes he's pushed for all of their lynches, but that's only because we found them scummy, not to mention the huge distancing advantages he would gain by doing so. He knew the cops were dead (since he killed them), so my theory is he wanted his scum buddies to get me lynched. Plan B it seems, is to gain credibility for the end game which he successfully executed.

The night protection mechanic is strange. I haven't received it, nor has Nightcow. So who could be sending it out? I'm assuming BJ, which means he's not a townie (Possibly a scum with ability). I don't recall any other player than BJ accepting it, and we can't prove that accepting it does anything but take your money away. I think by using it so late in the game it did nothing but to cause confusion.

Another thing, BJ has ne'er wasted money. His money has always been on the lynch of the day, and for all of his scum buddies. When asked to burn his money down to normal levels, he blatently chose not to do it. For an unconfirmed townie, that's very suspicious.

BJ vs TSS was interesting to watch. It seems that BJ wanted to get an easy lynch on TSS, but TSS claimed Mason. Post 592/593:
BJ wrote:WOW. You're not very good at this, are you? Best you can come up for a reason I am suspicious is "He paid more money to get scum lynched".

lol. You've been absolutely worthless this game, and this is the best you can do now? Why don't you sit back and let those of us who have actually contributed to lynching scum do the heavy lifting...
Those are the best words that exemplify BJ's actions towards TSS.

Note that after this statement, BJ says nothing else on TSS, and their debate ends there.

The last 2 deaths seem to be of role instead of money. TSS was killed because he was your partner and Fritz because he was confirmed. I've stated that the inhim lynch did not make sense to me. I would've liked to see BJ gone last day instead of inhim, but I assume because of inhim's ability to watch, he posed a greater threat to BJ.
BJ wrote:1) this late in game, we don;t lynch based on who has the "more powerful claim". We try and find scum.
Those are some fine words BJ, and I hope Nightcow sees that you're scum. Albeit, a scum who did very well, but a scum nevertheless.

I apologize for not bringing it up earlier, but the mod didn't respond to my PM until the night, so I couldn't bring it up. After Fritzler's comment, and the mod's reply, I thought you would've PMed the Mod and asked our win condition too, which would make you think twice about your plan.

Since the mod wouldn't clarify, I assume that like traditional Mafia, if scum are equal or greater than town, scum win.

This makes sense in this game, because scum can't will money to each other without obviously pointing out who's scum, which means that a scum amassing lots of money for endgame is literally impossible.

Still, BJ's playstyle for the entire game and his response to your plan don't add up. He's usually aggressive, but he simply nodded his head and wagged his tail at your plan, without giving any feedback. I find that THAT as his best scum tell of this entire game.

BJ's not one to get sloppy near the end, so he must of thought by following your plan he would win the game.

And another apology for paying prematurely, but we're so damn close to winning this game, and I don't want BJ to somehow get by. *Whacks his Trigger-finger, bad finger bad!* :)

Pay: 120 BJ
Because I don't want him to use his money to prolong his death.

If you really think I'm the scum Nightcow, then you can easily pay me out, but I will only hang my head in disappointment, because i'm the major reason why you're in the driver's seat, so please don't crash and burn before we reach the finish line :wink:
On a Mafia-diet :wink:
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:02 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

And once again Vaughn goes against the plan by paying alot on me....

Vaughn, any explanation for WHY I would be offered night kill protection if I were scum? And it is PROVEN that I was offered it, as I accepted the offer, and my money disappeared.

Sadly for you, that pretty much confirms me as non-scum.

As for TSS, I he was one of my top suspects at the time. I also had log and VisMaior as top suspects, I can't be right all the time... :roll:
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:08 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Vaughn wrote: Scum have been on me since Day 1.
And scum have paid alot on me as well. ZVisMaior paid alot on me as he was going down, log did it to you. The difference is, I have been helpful in getting other scum lynched, you have sat back on "I'm a doc" this whole time, hardly ever contributing to getting scum lynched.

Bottom line Vaughn, you knew if we did no lynch today, you'd lose. Period. That's why you didn't wait and immediately paid on me. I was willing to discuss things first. You skated to endgame as a scum claiming doc, which worked only because there IS no doc...only this "mysterious protection"
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:55 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

anyway, I suppose I will
pay 100: Vaughn
, not that it changes anything, since Vaugh consistently refuses to follow the town at endgame.
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:37 pm

Post by Vaughn »

What plan are you talking about?

The no lynch plan? I thought we already went over this. Mod did not say that town gets another day if mafia =/> than townies

BJ, I honestly thought I would be dead that night, so the fact that I'm alive is bewildering . Truthfully, I've never played a doc after I've outed myself. Usually I would be dead, but I'm not and I'm playing like a townie.

BJ, what's this about me losing if we no lynch?

I've decided to put the lynch on you because my win condition is to lynch all scum.

Look, If i were scum, I would've went with the plan, because I could kill off Nightcow in the night, and then outbid you tomorrow, right? I have more money then you and I have nothing to gain at ALL by pushing for your lynch. So WHY am i pushing for your lynch?

Answer me that BJ: You know I've got you beat.

Nightcow will logon and read, and just give me a Pat on the back, because we won this game. :P
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:18 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Vaughn wrote: Look, If i were scum, I would've went with the plan, because I could kill off Nightcow in the night, and then outbid you tomorrow, right? I have more money then you and I have nothing to gain at ALL by pushing for your lynch. So WHY am i pushing for your lynch?
Hardly. If you went with the plan, Nightcow would have willed to ME, because the only way he dies is if you are scum, then I would have had the money to outbid you.

You knew "the plan" resulted in you as scum coming down to a 1 vs 1 against someone with more money then you.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:04 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Cash Count:

6021 Nightcow
526 Vaughn
25 BabyJesus

Payment Count:

135 BabyJesus (Vaughn 5,10*,120)
110 Vaughn (Nightcow 10, BabyJesus 100)

*Deadline is Saturday Morning, 72 hours from Vaughn's payment of $10.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:23 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Up to nightcow now.....
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:01 pm

Post by Nightcow »

BabyJesus wrote:Up to nightcow now.....
|Thanks. I really haven't a clue. You have both made excellent arguments. OK, I realy need this game to go on until I get back from hols. (Sunday) So I'm going to put up a placeholder payment change.

pay Vaughn 30

I'm still leaning towards Vaughn being the bad guy. So I may leave this as is.

@whoever of you is the bad guy. Grrrrr. I hate you. I have yet to wina game of Mafia and now I get 1 50/50 chance I haven't a clue. You've both done a good job of looking good.

Sorry to drag it out.
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:22 pm

Post by Vaughn »

Never won a game? I'm glad I was there for your first =)

If you have any questions Nightcow, now's the time to bring them up.

pay: 30 BJ
Extending the deadline... yet again >.<

Mod edit: Lead change.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:54 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Vaughn wrote: If you have any questions Nightcow, now's the time to bring them up.
Tell me your thoughts on who is offering the night kill protection....
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:08 pm

Post by Vaughn »

I have no idea who's offering the night protection. I'm beginning to think that you have some kind of ability that lets you dump money, BJ.

In that case, you faked the claim that you were offered protection to cause confusion.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:59 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Vaughn wrote:I have no idea who's offering the night protection. I'm beginning to think that you have some kind of ability that lets you dump money, BJ.

In that case, you faked the claim that you were offered protection to cause confusion.
Ah, nice try, but other people were offered the protection money...and what possible "Ability" would simply dump money? That's ludicrous.

That's the on thing that proves I'm not the scum...why on earth would I be offered night kill protection?
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:40 am

Post by Nightcow »

OK, back from hols. I'll give the thread a final once over some time today and make my decision.

Hmmmm.

pay 30: Vaughn

Mod edit: Lead change.
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:34 am

Post by Vaughn »

I wouldn't be surprised if your scum buddies also had the same ability, which may explain the multiple offers. However, as I recall you are the only one to have accepted the offer.

Although it's true that you receiving such an offer would pretty much confirm your innocence:

With all of that in mind, I think it's highly probable that you faked such a claim, because proving that you got an offer and the results of accepting it lie completely with you.

Perhaps you didn't dump money, but you may have used a night ability that required you to pay in advance.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:33 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Vaughn wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if your scum buddies also had the same ability, which may explain the multiple offers. However, as I recall you are the only one to have accepted the offer.

Although it's true that you receiving such an offer would pretty much confirm your innocence:

With all of that in mind, I think it's highly probable that you faked such a claim, because proving that you got an offer and the results of accepting it lie completely with you.

Perhaps you didn't dump money, but you may have used a night ability that required you to pay in advance.
Nice try, but have we seen ANYTHING that makes it seem like any night ation requires money? I realize you're stuck and have to spin it somehow, but come on. It's pretty obvious I got the offer, as I said, then accepted it as I said to confirm I got it.
Best you can come up with is I had to pre-pay 500 for a night action? And what exactly would that be? :roll:
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:05 am

Post by Nightcow »

In a nutshell, I think Vaughn is the baddie. Going solely on today's performances Vaughn's posts have really rubbed me up the wrong way, and BJ's have been much more convincing.

I'll not add any more payments at this stage. Vaugn remains the payoff leader. I do ave an analysis on the go, but the final holes of the Masters will no doubt keep me from finishing until tomorrow.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:59 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Cash Count:

5961 Nightcow
496 Vaughn
25 BabyJesus

Payment Count:

170 Vaughn (Nightcow 10,30,30 BabyJesus 100)
165 BabyJesus (Vaughn 5,10*,120,30)

If this flip-flopping between Vaughn and BabyJesus goes much longer, I'm going to call sudden death. (Everyone would make one final secret payment by PM.)
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:10 am

Post by BabyJesus »

'it's pretty much all on nightcow here.
pay 25: vaughn

vaughn's obviously going to pay it all on me.
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:08 pm

Post by Vaughn »

Nightcow, you're making a mistake.

He's using this "protection" claim to help his case in the endgame.

I've claimed doctor and I've been saving you since Day 3. I've thoroughly explained ALL of my actions and I've answered all of your questions on me.

BJ on the otherhand has been behind the lynch of all but one of the scum (CES). Can't you see that that's a little too coincidental? I'm 100% deadsure that he's the Godfather.

I've already speculated that the mafia may have special abilities in this game due to the fact that they would never be able to amass great amounts of money. So him using that 500$ for something we don't know is highly probable.

another point: If I were scum, why would I offer him protection? It doesn't make any sense. Why in the world would i want to save anyone? I didn't gain any amount of money and I surely can't ever overcome the mass amount of money that you have Nightcow.

And Look, we haven't had a doc die in this entire game, which doesn't prove that I'm the doc, but it may as well confirm me.

It just doesn't make any sense, from a STRATEGIC standpoint that I would keep you around if I were scum, and I don't know why you can't see that.

I'm upset that you've turned on me, especially due to the 180 degree change that's occured in BJ's playstyle. He's much more timid and docile right now then he ever was in this game. He's not trying to step on your toes and being complient. WHEN IS BJ complient?

You're right BJ, i'm going to pay on you, because I know you're the scum, and I want Nightcow to reconsider.

Pay: 40 BJ
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:36 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Vaughn wrote:
It just doesn't make any sense, from a STRATEGIC standpoint that I would keep you around if I were scum, and I don't know why you can't see that.
Except, obviously, so you could make this claim in endgame.
Vaughn wrote:I've already speculated that the mafia may have special abilities in this game due to the fact that they would never be able to amass great amounts of money. So him using that 500$ for something we don't know is highly probable.
Speculate here. What POSSIBLE explanation other then my acceptance of the night protection here is there for me to lose $500? Maybe an ability to circumvent doc protection? Then I'd have used it, no? Daykill? Someone would have used that long ago to take out nightcow. Fact is, we ALL know night protection is being offered for money, and I have proven that I received such an offer, and accepted it.

And your "point" about mafia not being able to amass money has ZERO bearing on an ability requiring me to drop $500....if anything it a reason FOR the town to have to SPEND money to get protection.

Maybe the reason we don't have a doc is BECAUSE of the money dynamic? I don't know if it's you, or a game mechanic, but if it IS you, then you screwed up offering it.
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by Vaughn »

Prevent doc ability... hmmmm you may have used it to kill off Fritzler, fearing I may have protected him.

Just an idea, not sure it's worth looking into.

If anything I'm the only one who hasn't received such an offer, I find that suspicious. I have no idea how this protection thing works, and neither does Nightcow. You're obviously banking on that.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:46 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Vaughn wrote:Prevent doc ability... hmmmm you may have used it to kill off Fritzler, fearing I may have protected him.
Why on earth would I not have killed Nightcow then? Now you're just making stuff up.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”