inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:24 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

It's not me Katsuki. Is it you?

Massclaim is correct here.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:52 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

inHimshallibe wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:... Processing ...

Actually, I would rather LobsterCatapult not share her result just yet.

It seems pretty clear to me she has the
ability
she claims. It is her alignment that is in question. I would much rather consider a mass-claim before hearing her result, on the off-chance that she might claim to have caught somebody in a lie. There are two people I absolutely know are Town (including myself), and with any luck hohum's Mason partner is a third guaranteed Townsperson. So if we can confirm one more player as Town (or likely Town), then
with three lynches left out of three available players, that should be game.

Tear in the matrix: 7 players alive.

Come again? With 7 players alive, we have three lynches left in the game. Meaning if we can narrow the scum down to three players, we win unless there is something screwy with the set-up.
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Primate »

I like the idea of mass claim under the current situation.

(Sorry bout jahudo)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Feysal »

I was going to yell at hohum for setting up the false dichotomy that got Jahudo mislynched, but since he is already dead, I can save it and get right down to business.

I see there are plans of mass claiming. Before we do that, I would like to provide an alternate viewpoint. But first of all, I need to ask this question in public.

@Primate
: One aspect of your power was left ambiguous yesterday. Does the alignment confirmation work both ways? You are confirmed town to your targets, but are they confirmed to you?

Depending on the answer, we may be able to use a gambit against the mafia. If the alignment confirmation works both ways, we now have three confirmed town in Primate and his targets. What would we gain from revealing to the mafia who those two are? We would only provide them with a list of night kill targets. By keeping secret who Primate has targeted, the mafia may err into killing an unconfirmed town member, which would cause them to lose.

Of course it is possible that Primate had a limited number of uses for his ability, and cannot do it any more. I don't know, I don't want to know, and I definitely don't want the mafia to know whether this is so. If yes, it would be even more important to protect the identities of our confirmed townies, because there are not going to be any more.

Note that I may already have my answer if I talked to Primate during the night. I neither confirm or deny that I did, and ask that Primate does not either, at least not before he thinks over what I'm suggesting here. With LobsterCatapult here, Primate should survive until tomorrow anyway, so there is no real need to confirm anything today yet.

Speaking of LobsterCatapult, her being still alive is massively suspicious. I have trouble imagining a higher priority target than a watcher standing guard over a masonizer, and yet she is still here. The only reason I do not want her lynch today is that while she is here, Primate should be safe. If she is a mafia watcher, she will expose herself before long.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Feysal, if it was so obvious that a claimed Miller-Watcher would watch Primate, then if LobsterCatapult is Town, don't you think scum would target somebody who is largely regarded as Town (hohum) but unlikely to be watched? Last I checked, LobsterCatapult is considered a fair suspicion by most players, especially because of the Miller-half of the claim. Additionally, I will note that hohum was adamantly against a LobsterCatapult lynch yesterday (such that killing him takes away a dissenting voice).

So please explain why LobsterCatapult living is "massively suspicious" again. As things stand, scum have to lynch two Town players to win right now (barring shenanigans), so leaving LobsterCatapult alive as a possible mislynch seems like a fairly obvious scum-ploy if LobsterCatapult is Town. Doubly so if scum have a role-blocker or somesuch.
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

just checking in.

I watched primate last night, no result. this was the same result i recieved when i watched charlie.

@Feysal, speculation on the nk last night is garbage. its just wifom.

you can argue that im scum because I'm alive, or you can argue that im town because im alive. frankly, its going to get us nowhere fast.

@pinkie pie, post 578 says you think inhim is now town? why vote him now?
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Primate »

@Feysal: Nope.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by Katsuki »

LobsterCatapult wrote:

Read post #940.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:25 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Katsuki wrote:
LobsterCatapult wrote:

Read post #940.

That's flattering, really. Still wrong if you're a GG, but I don't see that being possible with everything that we know.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:53 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

LobsterCatapult, I would like to hear your speculations about each nightkill we've had.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Primate »

PS: I decide claim order. I know the roles of too many people for you to not do it the way I say.

Also, as a complete aside I'm moving house in a couple of days time, so don't expect me to be too involved over the next week. I'll still be around.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Katsuki »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
LobsterCatapult wrote:

Read post #940.

That's flattering, really. Still wrong if you're a GG, but I don't see that being possible with everything that we know.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them GGs you talk about.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by Primate »

Katsuki wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
LobsterCatapult wrote:

Read post #940.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them GGs you talk about.
(Good guy)
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:35 am

Post by Charlie »

Pardon?
Kindness
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:15 am

Post by Primate »

GG means Good Guy. Amusingly Katsuki just unintentionally claimed scum.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Charlie »

GLaDOS wrote:Come again? With 7 players alive, we have three lynches left in the game. Meaning if we can narrow the scum down to three players, we win unless there is something screwy with the set-up.

So you're heavily implying that we have only 1 member of Discord left. Great, just great.

Charlie wrote:Pardon?

Pardon.
Kindness
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:55 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Charlie, regardless of whether there are one, two, or even three scum left in the game, if we can narrow down the scum to a pool of three players, we because have three lynches left, we will win the game by lynching one of those three players each day. This is true no matter how large a game is. If there are
ten
lynches remaining and a Town has successfully narrowed down the possible scum to ten players, then lynching those ten players in any order would also win for the Town.

So my statement, in fact, does the opposite of "heavily imply" there is "only 1 member of Discord left." Rather, it covers our bases regardless of how many members of Discord are left.

But thanks for trying to make it look like I have inside information, or something.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Charlie »

There is a misunderstanding here. That statement is derpy.

Anyway, I believe that sharing is caring. Primate, how about you get the ball rolling?
Kindness
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:31 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Which statement is "derpy"?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Primate »

Claim order is Feysal, Inhim, Charlie, PP, Glados.

Me and LC are exempt for obvious reason.

Proceed soon as poss.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Feysal »

GLaDOS [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3334431#p3334431]#1004[/url] wrote:So please explain why LobsterCatapult living is "massively suspicious" again. As things stand, scum have to lynch two Town players to win right now (barring shenanigans), so leaving LobsterCatapult alive as a possible mislynch seems like a fairly obvious scum-ploy if LobsterCatapult is Town. Doubly so if scum have a role-blocker or somesuch.

Leaving LobsterCatapult alive to be mislynched may be an obvious ploy for the mafia to try, but it is a ploy with no hope of success. She will live either until the mafia has no choice but to kill her if town, or until she is exposed and lynched if scum. I don't fully trust her, and I doubt anyone here does, but as long as she lives, Primate cannot be killed without mafia being exposed. That is why I don't want her lynch, and no town worth their salt should want to lynch Primate's life insurance.

Even worse for the mafia, a town watcher only becomes more powerful the longer it lives. Today, once hohum's mason partner Snips claims, there will be two confirmed townies the mafia cannot safely kill, not without taking a 50% risk of being caught by LobsterCatapult. This situation will quickly become intolerable for the mafia. They cannot keep killing unconfirmed town reads, since ultimately this will only hasten the process of elimination leading to their exposure. If LobsterCatapult is town, the mafia will be forced to kill her, and the sooner they do it, the better it will be for them. This is why her survival, even for one night, is suspicious.

Oh, and I doubt the mafia have a roleblocker. If they did and LobsterCatapult was town, I bet Primate would be dead and there would be a wagon on LobsterCatapult already while we debate whether she was truly blocked.

So much for that idea then. Would've been too good to be true, I suppose.

Primate [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3339711#p3339711]#1019[/url] wrote:Claim order is Feysal, Inhim, Charlie, PP, Glados.

Me and LC are exempt for obvious reason.

Proceed soon as poss.

I wonder why I am first, but I can ask that once claims are done. Here I go.

Before my claim, I would like to have a word if I may. Some of you may have noticed my wordy style of writing, and indeed I have been described as verbose, even accused of using too many words to get my message across. While I recognize the virtues of being concise, I rather enjoy writing as I do, and take pride in using intricate and sophisticated language. This of course has an impact on my vocabulary. There are a number of words which I consider crude or otherwise unsuitable for use in polite speech, and I avoid their use where I may. Right now however I find myself in need of one such word, which to my knowledge I have never used in writing before. It is not because this word would be offensive in any manner, however I view it to be too vernacular in nature to have a place in cultured language. Normally I would seek an alternative to use, but in this case I find myself at a loss at finding another expression that would capture the same meanings and nuances and deliver them in a comparably compact and effective form. I also confess I am intrigued by this situation, since if I ever was to use this word, I can imagine no occasion more fitting, and for these reasons I have decided to go for it.

Espeonage [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3134724#p3134724]#6[/url] wrote:I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY. I AM EXACTLY THE PONY I WANTED TO BE HELLS FRIKKIN YEAH.

Spoiler: What do you think?
DUH.

Rainbow Dash the Weather Pony
, vanilla townie, at your service.

Hope you had as much fun reading that as I did writing it. And yeah, I thought it was obvious which pony I would be, which is why I decided to replace in in the first place. I was wrong about the power role tells, but can't have everything. I'm still the greatest pony in Ponyville.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Charlie »

GLaDOS.

In your point of view you know yourself and 2 other players are Friendship, bringing a total of confirmed players to 3. You can add another player to make it a total of 4 confirmed Friendship aligned players when hohum's mason partner claims. This leaves 3 unconfirmed players, and with 7 players alive we can lynch all 3 for the win.

Righto, comprende!
Here's how I misunderstood it:

When you first stated "with three lynches left out of three available players, that should be game" I assumed you meant that there we had 3 lynches left to win the game, which brought me to the conclusion that you implied 1 living Discord member.

------------

Feysal.
Spoiler: Here's what I think
Kindness
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Katsuki »

Sigh
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:16 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

GLaDOS wrote:... Processing ...

LobsterCatapult, I would like to hear your speculations about each nightkill we've had.

i might not be on MS for a few days, IRL stuff got pretty crazy.

gammagooey: was showing some obviously very strong scum reads on jahudo, perhaps he was nked to make jahudo easier to lynch? he was also saying that my character, and pinkie pie were useless, and didnt like feysal(esp) much eitehr this thinking this coupled with maybe they thought gamma was a good player that he would uncover scum, or maybe he hinted he was a power role. perhaps got him killed.

ces: he didnt post too much content, he obviously, and wrongly, thought i was scum, and thought your player slot was scum as well, at least for a time. to me, i think perhaps ces was killed because since he seemed to stay under the radar, and asked other epople to do stuff, like join in on wagons, ask for a case on you. and scum thought he was PR trying to hide.

Hohum: i dont know. Me or Primate were the people i would think would be killed last night. but we werent. they might have left me alive to fuck with us. I dont think i was roleblocked last night. Why hohum was chosen, ehh, again maybe to make me look good, she was also railing on pinkie pie and inhim. Maybe scum (either pinkie pie, inhim or both) chose her to make me look bad, and them look good. idk much on this one. and guess the possibility is that there is scum in the neighborhood and thats why primate hasnt been killed yet either.

either way, im still not feeling that pinkie pie is town. and perhaps gamma and hohum were killed because of this. ces...not so much.

vote:pinkie pie
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Pinkie Pie »

PJ asked you a question.

Why did you feel the need to accompany your response with a vote, LC?

Also what is your read on inhim and Feysal?

This massclaim needs to get a move on, especially with the deadlines we have.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”