Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by hohum »

Pinkie Pie wrote:
Charlie wrote::eek:
"So should you"

I've already caught scum.

Not really. You just followed me onto the Mina wagon and refused to explain why or even really contribute a single original thought of your own for pretty much the entire game.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Charlie »

Not opposed to a Jahudo lynch, but would much prefer a Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie lynch since IMHO they aren't likely to be lurkerscum together.
Kindness
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Feysal »

Pinkie Pie [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3281052#p3281052]#763[/url] wrote:I want to hear from Feysal before the day ends.

Then we can go ahead with the Jahudo lynch.

You will, but not right now. I've stayed up far too long as it is to post in other games, and I'll have to leave this one until tomorrow.

I have to say though, I did not see such a speedwagon on Jahudo coming.

Primate [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3281511#p3281511]#774[/url] wrote:Feysals a decent player. Hopefully he'll kick up in a bit and help us get a proper read on that slot.

Thanks. I remember you from Consulmaker II, which is where I assume you remember me from.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

hohum wrote:
Pinkie Pie wrote:
Charlie wrote::eek:
"So should you"

I've already caught scum.

Not really. You just followed me onto the Mina wagon and refused to explain why or even really contribute a single original thought of your own for pretty much the entire game.

Bullshit.

I pushed Mina all D1. Then you just happen to be the first one to post D2.

I'd be more than willing to get into a pissing fight with you, but that's just useless considering the ___ that you are.

btw
Primate, inhim, PJ are town.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Charlie »

VOTE: Pinkie Pie
Kindness
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

trololol
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:13 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

DAT DAY 1 PUSH
Pinkie Pie wrote:
VOTE: MINA

Since I have yet to read the game, anyone want to sum up why there is a wagon on Nixon?

Pinkie Pie wrote::igmeou:

Pinkie Pie wrote:
Equinox wrote:Apparently Pinkie Pie's smiley was in response to Mina's post.

That is correct.

Pinkie Pie wrote:@Jahudo: Our vote is not random.

In other news, if someone puts WLC at L1, we will be more than willing to hammah.
Not much of a push tbqh.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:03 am

Post by Katsuki »

Close as it comes without breaking out the caps.

Doesn't change the fact that hohum is BS'ing about his "Mina wagon" (hint: it wasn't his).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

im back from v/la, ill post later on tonight! :)
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Primate »

I think Glados was most responsible for minas lynch. Hohum good second though.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Katsuki »

Now I wish I never brought this up. It's starting to distract from finding scum.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Jahudo »

Not really. We're still trying to figure out if you had a good reason to finding Mina scummy, or if you were faking it as scum who instead of reading the thread decided to bus a buddy without looking too threatening or serious.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:37 am

Post by hohum »

ITT Katsuki is completely disconnected from reality.
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

ok, so im back:

inhim's unvote on mina...and onto me, unnerves me. i posted i was v/la. perhaps not everyone was notified or saw that i was v/la, but putting his vote on me, when i was v/la is irritating if he knew. i could see why perhaps he might buy the mina fakeclaim, the timing of her tantrums d2, could have seen to coincide with her being annoyed she was "blocked" n1, but to me, there were better places to place a vote than me if he bought the fakeclaim and wanted to shift pressure to someone else.

@ inhim, were you even aware i was v/la then?

also, is katsuki/pinky pie still a hydra, or is it now just katsuki?

im not reading katuki's claims of being the spearhead or pushing mina's lynch from the get-go being from town origins. i feel like pinky pie, is just trying way too hard to try to LOOK like ballsy or confident town, without the content to back it up. pinkie pie is just making noise, and arguing over who championed which lynch is to me trying to gain town points from a probable bus.

@katsuki, what about glados bussing mina? why were you so sure of this? if you are sure, why isn't your vote on glados?

jahudo's 747 does in fact look like fishing to me, and i dont understand what exactly made jahudo vote for Inhim right as suspicion got onto him. if he was suspicious about Inhim's unvote of mina and onto me, i would have expected a town jahudo to come out of the gate and say so, jahudo certainly didnt pull any punches when going after inhim about the WLC vote/debate. this looks like a deflection attempt more so than active scumhunting. i've also never played a game with 2 town neighborizors.

im going to go back and do a better reread tomorrow, im exhausted from my flight being delayed till 130 am last night and a shit day at work. ill get back on this tomorrow morning.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by Feysal »

Ugh. I should have known better than to promise content today. I am tardy reading the thread, but at least I've read enough to have some reads and to know what has been going on, so I can start participating. I will have more in due time, but here is what I have now.

TOWN

hohum

I did not like his early comments about TheLonging, and his push against my predecessor did not help matters. But as day one got further, he steadily began to appear more town. I would have sided with him and Jahudo against inHim in a heartbeat. What really clinched the read was the way he called out Mina just as she was getting back into the game.

Charlie/Ojanen/Maziek

Maziek had a very strong start, and I had him as obvtown by his fourth post. I particularly liked his refusal to put Chesskid aside when others were saying this was what they expected of him. Ojanen was fine as well, even though I disagreed with her stance on inHim, and felt disgusted by what I saw as failures in her arguments. Charlie inherits the town read from them both.

Jahudo

Make no mistake, I get why he is being suspected for his play. He has talked much while saying little, especially early on it was suspect how he had no suspects. However, I agree with him about inHim, and as with hohum, my read of him improved as the day progressed. I have a hard time letting go of this read, and I don't get at all what was so bad about him that he nearly got speedlynched today.

Primate/TheLonging

This is purely because of TheLonging trying to start a policy lynch wagon on Chesskid. I have just seen him pull off the same play in another game, trying to have vezokpiraka policy lynched, and I can certainly understand the desire to be rid of Chesskid. Apart from that I've got nothing, yet, making this a rather weak town read.

NULL

GlaDOS/Equinox

I have encountered Equinox before, and what I learned from those experiences is that you don't want to be on her bad side as scum. Here she was considerably more passive, and her interactions with Mina feel weird to me. On the other hand, some of the things she said do feel townish to me, and I am undecided.

LobsterCatapult/Fluttershy

My read on this slot is just plain null. The posts are too few and far between, and I have not spared them sufficient attention to have a read either way. I have to say I did not understand the wagon on Fluttershy though, it seemed to have come from nowhere.

Pinkie Pie

Pretty much the same as above, only worse. There is simply insifficient content by the point I have reached in my read to say anything of value about this slot. The inactivity could be seen as suspicious in itself I suppose.

SCUM

inHimshallibe

By the time I had read page ten I had him as obvscum, and by the time I had read page eleven I had Gammagooey as an idiot. I have played with Gammagooey before, and the way he tunneled on me and defended both scum until one of them shot a confirmed townie in broad daylight did not exactly impress me. Simply put, I think Jahudo's case on inHim was very much valid, and I have no clue how he can still be alive. I also think that my early suspicion based on how he treated TheLonging is valid. Even though he was a serial killer in our recent game, I would have expected him to remember how TheLonging had tried to start a policy lynch as town, and used that knowledge here.

Vote: inHimshallibe

I also did a read on Espeonage before deciding to replace in, but I should probably stay quiet about that, unless I need to claim or defend myself at some point.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Writing a post, but in the hopes Feysal is online:

1.)
Feysal, what do you think about the fact that Gammagooey died Night One, after he spent Day One defending inHimshallibe? Does that affect your read on inHimshallibe?

2.)
Also, please explain Jahudo’s “valid” case on inHimshallibe in your own words. You must do this in your next post; if it’s valid enough to vote on, you should be able to understand it and rephrase it on the spot.
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

1.)
Charlie, the links I have tried to click on in your posts do not work. This is making reading you a good deal more difficult and time-consuming than it should be. So please allow me to tell you the preferred method for posting urls. First, find the game post you want to link to. Then click on the
real
Post number (which will be in blue). Once you are taken to that page, copy/paste the url exactly. And then submit the following without the "code" tags (and this will contain a sample url to your latest post):

Code: Select all

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3280474#p3280474]Post 757[/url]

2.)
Jahudo, do you seriously expect me to read four games that I did not play in just to determine if my only meta on you is applicable? I didn’t have the time to read Mina’s games, and it turns out that was a good thing because it would have been a waste of my time, and it might have actually gotten me to unvote her.

I just presented quite clear evidence that a “policy” you hold this game (not to make mountains out of molehills) is the exact opposite of a policy you held as Town the last time I played with you (that you will make mountains out of molehills, especially on Day One, to push for reactions). If you want to rebut it, you’re going to have to be more specific than linking me to four games.

3.)
inHimshallibe, explain your vote on Jahudo in your own words. Are you only voting because others are voting for him, and apparently because he “rolefished”? Honestly, if I were Town in Jahudo’s situation, I would probably be wondering about this other Neighborizer, too – so I don’t think him fishing about it is particularly telling in this situation.

But it is certainly an easy go-to argument to make against him if you have nothing else. This comment is also applicable to LobsterCatapult.

4.)
inHimshallibe, Jahudo asked you to explain why you unvoted Mina in Post 741. Answer the question, please.

5.)
Jahudo, please explain (or reexplain, as the case may be) your reasons for voting inHimshallibe.

6.)
LobsterCatapult, somebody has tossed you a hot potato. If you don’t throw it in your next post, you will die. Whoever you toss it to
will
die. Who do you throw it to?
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by Primate »

FOS LobsterCatapult
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Day 3, Votecount #2

Jahudo:
GlaDOS
, hohum, Primate, Inhimshallibe (L-2)
Inhimshallibe:
Jahudo, Feysal (L-3)
LobsterCatapult:
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie:
Charlie

Not voting:
LobsterCatapult,
Inhimshalibe
Feysal
Charlie
, GlaDOS

Day 3 deadlineDeadline is in (expired on 2011-08-07 22:25:00), so that's the 8th of August at 3:25am Irish time. (Or 10:25 East Coast of America)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Twilight Sparkle on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:39 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I unvoted Mina because of the claim, same reason I unvoted Jahudo on Day 1. His reactions to hohum Today are Not Town, more "feeling out" to see if hohum is gambiting, unsure how to counterattack.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:27 am

Post by Charlie »

Oh my goodness.
*rage*
Spoiler: Rage

I've PMed the mod about fixing those broken tags, thanks GLaDOS.
Kindness
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Feysal »

GLaDOS [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3287319#p3287319]#790[/url] wrote:Writing a post, but in the hopes Feysal is online:

I no longer was, but I am now.

GLaDOS [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3287319#p3287319]#790[/url] wrote:
1.)
Feysal, what do you think about the fact that Gammagooey died Night One, after he spent Day One defending inHimshallibe? Does that affect your read on inHimshallibe?

Not really no. I have, as scum, killed people who have defended me. It throws off the town, and it provides instant proof that the one defending you was town. I don't pretend to know why Gammagooey was killed though, it could be because many people saw him as town, maybe a power role tell I missed, or his reads. I don't think speculating on that is useful.

GLaDOS [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3287319#p3287319]#790[/url] wrote:
2.)
Also, please explain Jahudo’s “valid” case on inHimshallibe in your own words. You must do this in your next post; if it’s valid enough to vote on, you should be able to understand it and rephrase it on the spot.

Okay. First off, while I agree with the case in general, I don't agree with it in every detail. My interpretation of the events differs somewhat from Jahudo's, but my conclusion is still the same. I will explain.

The origin of Jahudo's case is the way inHim voted WLC. According to Jahudo's interpretation, inHim voted WLC for using an outdated reason, in other words, the no lynch vote as presented by TheLonging. According to Jahudo, the reason WLC had for his vote was original, so inHim was wrong to vote him. Later on inHim said his main point against WLC had always been how he was not commenting on the rest of the game, but this reason is absent in the post where he voted WLC. Jahudo saw inHim as lying about his original reason for voting, and trying to bolster his case with WLC's later lack of contribution. I would vote that kind of behavior any time.

However I do think that Jahudo was somewhat mistaken. I believe that inHim was not referring to the specific reason of TheLonging when he spoke of an outdated reason, instead he meant the no lynch vote in general. This would mean that inHim expressed himself rather poorly. If he meant to vote WLC for not commenting on anything else happening in the game, why did he specifically mention his lack of comment on the discussion about TheLonging? Still, I can find this plausible at the very least.

This however does not make inHim appear any more town to me. If there was a misunderstanding, I can understand perfectly why Jahudo drew the conclusions he did, given how badly inHim expressed himself. On the other hand, inHim did nothing to clear up the misunderstanding. He did admit later on that WLC did have an original point, but this just means he did not bother to think it through when he voted WLC. This makes his post #237 particularly horrible. If you see someone promise to do something, you don't vote them for it minutes later. You wait and see if they do it, and judge them based on that. If you see someone not providing enough content, you don't decide to lynch them after their second post. You prod them and ask them questions, and if this does not help, then you may lynch them. And you don't decide to lynch someone when you have not even tried to understand what they are saying. Jahudo is absolutely right in one respect, inHim does not look like someone who is pressuring a low content player for more. inHim does not appear to have spent any effort in reading WLC before deciding he wanted to lynch him, nor does he spend any since. And that is not town behavior.

What is there to suggest that inHim would be town? Gammagooey and Ojanen defended him, but for all their efforts attacking Jahudo's case, I don't think I ever saw a single point that would've meant inHim was in fact town. Even if the case was flawed, that does not make inHim town. He would remain at null, unless there was additional evidence besides the case to suggest otherwise, and I see none.

Admittedly I have not read everything yet, so there may be something I'm not yet aware of. But it would have to be something darn good to tip the scales the other way. inHim unvoting the Godmother is
not
it.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:03 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

You go from calling me scum to saying "this does not make him town."

You can hang from a yardarm.
Show

:

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Feysal »

inHimshallibe [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3288051#p3288051]#797[/url] wrote:You go from calling me scum to saying "this does not make him town."

Way to not read the post. I called you scum for wanting to lynch WLC without making any effort to actually get a read on him, and because I've seen nothing townish from you that would suggest I was wrong.

You wish.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Jahudo »

inHim's reason for unvoting Mina (and me) sounds like a reasonable action and I don't see anything else there.

I don't think this is a gambit, since I didn't have to pair hohum with someone else. I could have used Charlie or Primate and he wouldn't seem to know for sure that my power isn't what he expected.
Any feeling out you are interpreting is me unsure whether we need to compare powers in public and see if this is a situation where both wouldn't make sense as town powers. But I don't know enough to say for sure that's a good idea. I was more eager to make today's lynch based off the best Mina connections anyway.

LobsterCatapult wrote:jahudo's 747 does in fact look like fishing to me
<snip>i've also never played a game with 2 town neighborizors.
If you think both these things then what is the problem? I would want to clear the air over any possible second neighborizer if we are under the assumption that the setup has 1 scum and 1 town neighborizer. I am a town neighborizer so in that situation whoever this second person is that hohum and others seem to have some information about, would be the scum neighborizer.

Also fishing means trying to get new information out of someone that has not provided that to the general public yet. I only asked if someone already counter-claimed me, so any and all answers would confirm common knowledge. Its like someone right now asking if I am still a neighborizer. Why does everyone have such a different interpretation on this phrase?

-------

LobsterCatapult wrote:i dont understand what exactly made jahudo vote for Inhim right as suspicion got onto him. if he was suspicious about Inhim's unvote of mina and onto me, i would have expected a town jahudo to come out of the gate and say so, jahudo certainly didnt pull any punches when going after inhim about the WLC vote/debate. this looks like a deflection attempt more so than active scumhunting.
I already talked about this a little in 767, and no it wasn't about inhim's unvote I was clear that did not look scummy but just unexplainable. My vote occurred when I thought about why Mina didn't take a side on inHim and myself. I think its because inHim is scum and she did want to make a connection to him by calling me the clearer scummy one of the two; nor would she want to take the unpopular side and vote him because it would make Gamma and others scrutinize her more when she is trying to lurk.

-------

Glados you don't need to read them. My point is Karma Mafia happened so long ago I don't see how it applies. I have played 10 games since then over a course of almost 1 and 1/2 years. I couldn't consciously play like I did in Karma if I tried to.

I see no point in explaining my inHim case another time. Whenever I do I apparently make it more incomprehensible.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”