SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:
And my point about WLC is that he was using ONE bit of OUTMODED evidence to vote for chesskid.

I don't really see why it was outmoded evidence. Sure there was discussion afterwards, but I stand by my point that I think that scum would be more inclined to random vote 'no lynch' than a town would.

But you pay absolutely no mind to the rest of any of this discussion, that's the problem.

I can understand you coming in and saying "chesskid hasn't proven to be town to me yet" (which is kinda lulz imo), preferably with some sort of mention of his later posts, and then follow it up with "and this piece of evidence pushes him from null to scum, thus vote."
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Jahudo wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:And the little argument between Jahudo and inHim did confuse me a bit (still does) I thought inHim was clear in what he was trying to say and I think you (Jahudo) did finally understand what his point was. So does that mean you found his answer to be satisfactory? I take it you didn't because your vote is still sitting on him.
No, read it again. inHim was using the false logic that both WLC and TheLonging were voting chesskid for the same reason. That is still fact and I stand by the conclusions I drew from it. The only benefit I gave him was that WLC is not doing enough scumhunting and therefore does not look town at the moment. But the way inHim voted him was inappropriate.
What.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

***inHim was using the false logic that both WLC and TheLonging were voting chesskid for the same reason.***

vote: Jahudo

Explain that and die.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Oh and then Fluttershy wants to take the same logic I was using to vote WLC but doesn't say a word about hohum and I. MHM.

FLUTTERSHY
HOHUM
JAHUDO

Rope 'em up boys and let's end this one quick.
Show

:

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by TheLonging »

I'm falling behind on this. Ugh.

Gonna do some ISO's tomorrow to try and catch up
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Jahudo »

You're joking. You're joking, right? We went over this on page 7. You voted WLC because he didn't comment on the discussion of those that voted TheLonging. You falsely implied that WLC voted chesskid over the same scumtell that TheLonging used (that one no lynch vote gets us closer to an actual no lynch, which is something scum would want to achieve.) WLC did not give that reasoning, so he could not have been scummy for ignoring discussion that would affect the justification of his vote.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Mina »

So just in case I fall asleep before I finish writing a big catch-up post (it's already 12:30 AM, and I feel like the arguments I'm reading aren't sticking in my mind), this is just a lame placeholder announcing that my week-long retreat from forum Mafia for the sake of hanging out with Mafia players in real life is over. I really did not expect Goofbash to absorb as much of my time and energy as it did.

I'll treat this as though I'm replacing into a fresh slot of a game I've never read, because to be honest, I've completely lost touch with the thread over the past week.

If there's anything in particular you'd like me to comment on or answer in when I finish catching up, now's the time to ask.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:25 am

Post by hohum »

InHim wrote:hohum's certainly not going to give chesskid shit about the No Lynch, but it's OK after someone else has started.

Translation:

inHim wrote:OMG OMG OMG LAST WORDS! I HAVE TO GET THE LAST WORDS IN!

I'll play along. That's an accurate statement. What of it, scum?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:42 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

hohum wrote:
InHim wrote:hohum's certainly not going to give chesskid shit about the No Lynch, but it's OK after someone else has started.

Translation:

inHim wrote:OMG OMG OMG LAST WORDS! I HAVE TO GET THE LAST WORDS IN!

I'll play along. That's an accurate statement. What of it, scum?

strenuously vote: hohum
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:47 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Jahudo wrote:You're joking. You're joking, right? We went over this on page 7. You voted WLC because he didn't comment on the discussion of those that voted TheLonging. You falsely implied that WLC voted chesskid over the same scumtell that TheLonging used (that one no lynch vote gets us closer to an actual no lynch, which is something scum would want to achieve.) WLC did not give that reasoning, so he could not have been scummy for ignoring discussion that would affect the justification of his vote.
This is just terrible.

Ignoring discussion has always been the POINT. Not whether that actual discussion was relevant, but whether WLC had been actually playing the game for the Town by reading the thread and commenting on stuff. I placed my vote on WLC because there wasn't even a mention of other events in the game.
Show

:

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Jahudo »

This blatant flip-flopping is painful to read. I think you need to spend some time alone on the moon. A millennium should do it.

inHimshallibe wrote:I don't think you interpreted my original reasoning correctly.
For 1)
not commenting on discussion between those of us who had voted and subsequently unvoted TheLonging
, 2)being vague about chesskid, and 3)killing innocent ponies.
The bold indicates I was upset he was using that outdated reason.

Your words. Your point was that he used an outdated reason (TheLonging's reasons) that other people voted/unvoted over, and that WLC was scummy for not defending his vote because of those unvotes.

He didn't use an outdated reason so he couldn't have been scummy for not backing up something that never got knocked down in the first place.

If you had a problem with him not doing more scumhunting in post 89, for not commenting on the rest of chesskid's play at that time or for commenting on other people's play at that time: say something about that. Don't make it just about TheLonging, because that implies his vote is relevant to TheLonging's vote and not anybody else's suspicion about chesskid, like Maziek. Why didn't you have a problem with him not commenting on Maziek's case?

Why didn't you acknowledge that WLC said he was looking into chesskid's meta, which meant he would come back later with more discussion on chesskid? You clearly did not want to make that wagon about his lack of scumhunting. Your vote was a hop from a preview edit 7 minutes after his post that indicated he was in the middle of forming a read on chesskid. If you had said you were voting him for the reason you are now claiming, that would have been a temporary vote. Keeping it vague with heavy implications that it was about an old "no lynch" scum tell allows scum to stay on longer and not have to backup the point unless someone picks up on it.

You clearly did not want to get a better read on WLC after your vote, because your next posts are agreeing with chesskid's vote (also not about lack of scumhunting) and telling reiterating that its a scummy post without any more explanation. WLC defends his case and you don't respond. You ask other people questions, but not him. You aren't looking the part of a town player pressuring a low content player to produce more content.

Tl;DR - inHim is desperate scum hoping we aren't reading the thread.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:15 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Unvote

Vote: Inhim

sowwy bro, but he's right.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:21 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

It wasn't TheLonging's reason, it was WeyounsLastClone's reason. I never implied anything about WLC and TL other than WLC was voting for TL. You're creating this link to form a case, and it's rooted in deception.

Also, I did mention his looking into chesskid's meta, I said he was "2)being vague about chesskid". I've heard plenty of scum promise to go look up something and not provide it in that very post. All the time. I've heard town do it too, but add the pisspoor vote of TheLonging and I'd seen enough to vote, and not to get reactions, but to lynch him. But hey, look at that, it WAS a temporary vote. Hell, I don't even have WLC in the top 3 scums right now.

ITT hohum has thrown in the towel and Jahudo is using faulty foundations to attack me. Meanwhile, Fluttershy continues to impress. Vote one of 'em, I will follow.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:24 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

chesskid3 wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Inhim

sowwy bro, but he's right.

Right about what? I could give two flying horses whether or not he votes me, but don't you buy the pretty words.
Show

:

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Vote Count #10

inHimshallibe:
Mina, Jahudo, hohum, chesskid3 (L-3)
WeyounsLastClone:
chesskid3
, TheLonging, Fluttershy
chesskid3:
Maziek, WeyounsLastClone
Jahudo:
Gammagooey,
inHimshallibe

TheLonging:
Espeonage
Gammagooey:
Equinox
hohum:
inHimshallibe
, inHimshallibe

Not Voting:
Pinkie Pie

Day One Deadline(expired on 2011-06-30 03:00:00)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

inHimshallibe wrote:
strenuously vote: hohum

I've counted this vote, but please, in the future, just "Vote: X" on its own line.

Maziek and Pinkie Pie have been prodded. If I have to prod Maziek again this game Day, he'll be replaced.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:37 am

Post by chesskid3 »

oh please do replace him
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:02 am

Post by hohum »

inHim wrote:ITT hohum has thrown in the towel and Jahudo is using faulty foundations to attack me. Meanwhile, Fluttershy continues to impress. Vote one of 'em, I will follow.

Right I've thrown in the towel. That's why you're currently at L-3, amirite?

You're either obvscum in the worst way possible or completely disconnected from reality.

Either way this thread needs more inHim lynching.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Pinkie Pie »

VOTE: MINA

Since I have yet to read the game, anyone want to sum up why there is a wagon on Nixon?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:52 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Pinkie Pie wrote:
VOTE: MINA

Since I have yet to read the game, anyone want to sum up why there is a wagon on Nixon?

They can't handle the truth.
Show

:

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Gammagooey »

inHimshallibe wrote:It wasn't TheLonging's reason, it was WeyounsLastClone's reason. I never implied anything about WLC and TL other than WLC was voting for TL. You're creating this link to form a case, and it's rooted in deception.

Also, I did mention his looking into chesskid's meta, I said he was "2)being vague about chesskid". I've heard plenty of scum promise to go look up something and not provide it in that very post. All the time. I've heard town do it too, but add the pisspoor vote of TheLonging and I'd seen enough to vote, and not to get reactions, but to lynch him. But hey, look at that, it WAS a temporary vote. Hell, I don't even have WLC in the top 3 scums right now.

ITT hohum has thrown in the towel and Jahudo is using faulty foundations to attack me. Meanwhile, Fluttershy continues to impress. Vote one of 'em, I will follow.

megabolded is absolutely true. saying hohum threw in the towel isn't but i'm not voting inhims today when i understand exactly where he's coming from, he's done more scumhunting than most of the game, AND a third of the game is coasting by with no content whatsoever.

inhims wagon can go fuck itself. yeah i'm being meaner about this than I should be but jahudo's poking around until he can find someone to tunnel on with a case that looks good really looks like it's coming from scum to me AND wlc+pinkie haven't done jackshit all game, there's not the tiniest chance that I'm voting inhims with this many other players that are more likely scum than he is.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Jahudo »

inHimshallibe wrote:It wasn't TheLonging's reason, it was WeyounsLastClone's reason. I never implied anything about WLC and TL other than WLC was voting for TL. You're creating this link to form a case, and it's rooted in deception.
You knew WLC meant to vote chesskid so I don't know what you mean by saying you implied something about WLC voting TL. If you are trying to say Point 1 of your WLC vote was about WLC not discussing good reasons for voting TheLonging, that ship sailed when you made it clear you understood he was voting for chesskid like TheLonging.

inHimshallibe wrote:Also, I did mention his looking into chesskid's meta, I said he was "2)being vague about chesskid". I've heard plenty of scum promise to go look up something and not provide it in that very post. All the time.
You were not clear at all by what you meant in Point 2. You saying he's being vague is itself vague. I say this because WLC talked about chesskid not trying to tie himself to anybody AND chesskid being flippant. You could have meant either one or both. I thought you may have eventually backed up that point but instead you remained vague. So you are scumtastic and a hypocrit.

inHimshallibe wrote:I've heard town do it too, but add the pisspoor vote of TheLonging and I'd seen enough to vote, and not to get reactions, but to lynch him.
Wait are you actually being serious with this? Are you playing the VI card on yourself?

-----

@ Pinkie Pie: Just read the game and what's up with the Mina vote?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Gamma if you want to explain any of that, that would be cool. Or you could just hang out on my wagon for a reason I can't even remember and not question me or anything. That is less cool but you know.

inHim can be scum seizing the opportunity of a sluggish game with low posters, and try to direct conversations and look like he's taking charge. In theory a WLC vote is good. The way he went about voting is scummy, and I hope that sensible, analytical town can either find that on their own or carefully explain why they do not think that is more likely. But saying he's the high poster and high voter in a slow game is not saying much about alignments.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Well I do like having options.

And nah. wlc looked and looks like scum so he got voted. your early play of defending a lot of early wagons without giving anything of your own until the inhims vote, bringing up a friggen' chart of characters and a bunch of tangential info about the characters instead of just saying that you think espy is scum/not-scum, you going from questions everywhere with your inhims vote to
jahudo wrote:Tl;DR - inHim is desperate scum hoping we aren't reading the thread.
even your most recent comment with
jahudo wrote:I hope that sensible, analytical town can either find that on their own or carefully explain why they do not think that is more likely
all look like they're coming from scum instead of town- it's like you're distanced from the game and making comments about it instead of actively diving in and figuring stuff out- I feel like that a lot when I get stuck into a scum role and I think that you feel the same way and were primarily trying to make accurate comments on the game for later instead of having to sort through suspicions and paranoia about the other player's alignments.

with inhims I see the reasons behind most of what he's done in regards to wlc and bringing up what he HASN'T done and using it against him is a really easy way to say that town should do this and think this and not this even though his actions make sense as a whole.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by hohum »

After due consideration, jahudo is probtown.

I'd be happy to offer my services up to a Jahudo/Equinix/Maziek voting bloc.

My revised list:

Confirmed scum: inHim
Probscum: Gamma, Chesskid, Espe
Leanscum: TheLonging
Leantown: WLC
Null Read: Fluttershy
Lurkers: Pinkie Pie, Mina
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

hohum wrote:After due consideration, jahudo is probtown.

Whyzis.
And don't you dare give me "I'm right about inhims so jahudos town because inhims is scum".

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”