Mr. Whedon
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:32 am

Post by Mr. Whedon »

If the folks aboard the Serenity had been worried before, the events of night 4 would send them reeling.

The first casualty is
the silent speaker
.... or
Badger
as he is better known. He had been spending his night as usual, gathering tidbits of information on one of his companions. A stealthy figure behind him put a stop to it with one gunshot to the head...

Emptyger
also known as
Kaylee Frye
had also been doing some investigating that night, trying to help the crew out of this jam.... To see her lying lifeless in a large pool of her own blood was not a pretty sight at all...

Yosarian
was known as
Nandi
and was a working girl aboard the ship. She had just spent a couple of hours entertaining a client when she was offered a drink by a familiar smiling face. She accepted gratefully. The lethal poison took only minutes to kill her.

Last but not least.
armlx
(better known as
Zoe
) had been grieving greatly since her husband Wash died, and the anger had pushed her to the limit. She had the means and the opportunity to kill... As she sat alone at night, thinking and biding her time, someone slipped a knife in her back...

7 alive
4 votes will lynch!
Like all creative minds, they must be slapped down.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:07 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

<bah>Are you asking me to dance?</bah>
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:35 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Fuldu wrote:
EmpTyger wrote:Uh... can anyone think of a good reason for PB *not* to be vigged tonight? Because nothing's coming to my mind.
Well, given the fact that there was no reason in the world for him claim and the context of his statement, I assumed he simply meant to say that he's
back
and wasn't paying close attention. I didn't really want to post it, because now all he has to say is "Yeah, that's what I meant," even if it wasn't. But if we're in twilight and discussing vig kills, I figure I should get it out there as a reasonable explanation for his admittedly odd statement.
I completely agree with this, just because he said this doesn't mean Peacebringer is scum.Doesn't mean he's not.

Vote: OtakuII
Surfs up dude.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:14 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Fritzler wrote:I completely agree with this, just because he said this doesn't mean Peacebringer is scum.Doesn't mean he's not.

I'm inclined to vote Peacebringer today for 2 reasons.

1) His lowflying yesterday is unlike him. Trying to avoid notice?
2) He was roleblocked Night 3. No poisoner struck Night 3. He was most likely NOT roleblocked Night 4. Poisoner struck Night 4,and killed the roleblocker.

Also, not sure if there is any benefit in having everyone claim a name at this point or not, but it IS something to think about.

vote peacebringer
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:15 pm

Post by Fritzler »

BabyJesus wrote:
Fritzler wrote:I completely agree with this, just because he said this doesn't mean Peacebringer is scum.Doesn't mean he's not.

I'm inclined to vote Peacebringer today for 2 reasons.

1) His lowflying yesterday is unlike him. Trying to avoid notice?
2) He was roleblocked Night 3. No poisoner struck Night 3. He was most likely NOT roleblocked Night 4. Poisoner struck Night 4,and killed the roleblocker.

Also, not sure if there is any benefit in having everyone claim a name at this point or not, but it IS something to think about.

vote peacebringer
Oh, those are better than my random reasons for voting for Otaku.

unvote, Vote: peacebringer
Surfs up dude.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:24 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I have reason to believe peacebringer is innocent from my n3 investigation, as in I am a triggered cop and know I am at least not insane (last night I got tss as innocent and according to the front page badger is listed as protown).
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:05 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Otaku376 wrote:I have reason to believe peacebringer is innocent from my n3 investigation, as in I am a triggered cop and know I am at least not insane (last night I got tss as innocent and according to the front page badger is listed as protown).
3 cops? seems a bit much, without one being naive. I still like my vote on PB, until I hear a good reason no one was poisoned when he was blocked
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:14 am

Post by Fuldu »

BabyJesus wrote:1) His lowflying yesterday is unlike him. Trying to avoid notice?
I know PB has suggested in another thread that he's sick of the slow pace of games here and won't likely be signing up for any more on this board, which might explain the lowflying. Not much of an excuse, but one people should at least be aware of.

As for your second point, it's an unclear enough argument that it's starting to drift into the gray area between argument and crap logic, so I'm going to give you a chance to clarify before I come down on you. The poisoner didn't strike Nights 1 or 2, either. What about the situation makes you inclined to believe that the lack of a poisoning on Night 3 is more noteworthy than on the preceding two nights?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Fuldu wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:1) His lowflying yesterday is unlike him. Trying to avoid notice?
I know PB has suggested in another thread that he's sick of the slow pace of games here and won't likely be signing up for any more on this board, which might explain the lowflying. Not much of an excuse, but one people should at least be aware of.

As for your second point, it's an unclear enough argument that it's starting to drift into the gray area between argument and crap logic, so I'm going to give you a chance to clarify before I come down on you. The poisoner didn't strike Nights 1 or 2, either. What about the situation makes you inclined to believe that the lack of a poisoning on Night 3 is more noteworthy than on the preceding two nights?
becuase I don't know who was blocked those previous nights, unless it was said and I skimmed it. Plus whoever the poisoner was could have hit a doc protection, or an unkillable role.
All I know is we had more kills tonight then previous nights, and Peacebringer was blocked one of those previous nights. Thats worth a vote in my book.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:16 am

Post by Fritzler »

Wait would Zoe posion? And what would her likely triger be?
Surfs up dude.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:47 am

Post by Otaku376 »

I think Zoe killed badger, gun shot + stealth fits the bill. I would assume her trigger was when her husband, Wash, died.
The best idea for poison I have right now would be Saffron.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:01 am

Post by Otaku376 »

Looking back over the night scene Nandi was killed by a familiar face which makes me reevaluate what I thought before.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:03 am

Post by Fritzler »

and knife = niska
and blood = blue sun, right?

Also is Saffron likely good or bad?
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:11 am

Post by Fritzler »

Otaku376 wrote:Looking back over the night scene Nandi was killed by a familiar face which makes me reevaluate what I thought before.
Based on my small research (googling nandi + firefly), that would make it Inura, right?
Surfs up dude.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:23 pm

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

I still don't like PB's post.

vote: PeaceBringer
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:47 pm

Post by Fuldu »

BabyJesus wrote:3 cops? seems a bit much, without one being naive. I still like my vote on PB, until I hear a good reason no one was poisoned when he was blocked
Read the death blurb on tss, BJ. Badger appears to have been an investigator of some sort, as well.

As for the PB block, I think you're giving too much credence to the notion that the poisoner might have missed the kill for other reasons the other two nights. The odds of missing three nights in a row are pretty bad, and suggesting that the roleblock of PB last night is the best evidence you have to point to scum seems shady for this late in the game. My best explanation is that the poisoner can only kill even nights and missed Night Two for one of the various possible reasons.

Plus, as I go back and check, I see that
this thread
is the one in which PB mentioned that he wasn't devoting much to time to this forum any more. The combination of a poorly reasoned argument in what, with two or three scum groups remaining, has to be an endgame scenario with a bandwagon against someone who almost certainly isn't going to put much effort into defending himself makes this seem like an attempt by scum to slip something in quickly.

vote: BabyJesus
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:52 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Fuldu wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:3 cops? seems a bit much, without one being naive. I still like my vote on PB, until I hear a good reason no one was poisoned when he was blocked
Read the death blurb on tss, BJ. Badger appears to have been an investigator of some sort, as well.

As for the PB block, I think you're giving too much credence to the notion that the poisoner might have missed the kill for other reasons the other two nights. The odds of missing three nights in a row are pretty bad, and suggesting that the roleblock of PB last night is the best evidence you have to point to scum seems shady for this late in the game. My best explanation is that the poisoner can only kill even nights and missed Night Two for one of the various possible reasons.

Plus, as I go back and check, I see that
this thread
is the one in which PB mentioned that he wasn't devoting much to time to this forum any more. The combination of a poorly reasoned argument in what, with two or three scum groups remaining, has to be an endgame scenario with a bandwagon against someone who almost certainly isn't going to put much effort into defending himself makes this seem like an attempt by scum to slip something in quickly.

vote: BabyJesus
I personally don't give 2 shit if PB is or is not going to defend himself. You think I'm voting him because he's not around? Hardly. While you say there are "pretty bad odds" that the poisoner missed 3 nights in a row, the FACT remains that the poisoner DID NOT KILL 3 nights in a row. If Peacebringer is the poisoner, that only requires 2 nights to be accounted for. Anyone else, and we are forced to account for THREE nights.

Maybe you don't find PB suspicious. I do. And I've played a lot more games with him then you have. Not to mention, he is one of the "unconfirmed" bunch. I want to hear a roleclaim from him at the very least.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:16 pm

Post by Fuldu »

BabyJesus wrote:I personally don't give 2 shit if PB is or is not going to defend himself. You think I'm voting him because he's not around? Hardly. While you say there are "pretty bad odds" that the poisoner missed 3 nights in a row, the FACT remains that the poisoner DID NOT KILL 3 nights in a row. If Peacebringer is the poisoner, that only requires 2 nights to be accounted for. Anyone else, and we are forced to account for THREE nights.
And my explanation accounts for two nights and only requires us to account for one. But that one isn't the night that PB was blocked. And I'm not saying that you're arguing that he's scum because he's not around. I'm suggesting that his not being around makes him an easy target for scum. This reflects on Fritzler and Ranger as well as you, but you presented the bad argument, whereas they just jumped on the bandwagon.
BabyJesus wrote:Maybe you don't find PB suspicious. I do. And I've played a lot more games with him then you have. Not to mention, he is one of the "unconfirmed" bunch. I want to hear a roleclaim from him at the very least.
Well, let's take a look at that for a second:
EmpTyger wrote:Fuldu is innocent.

So:
Iammars vouched for DP.

Tyger vouched for Otaku376 and Fuldu.

I don’t think Ranger is guilty, because of his quick unvote in [361]- I can’t think of any scenario where he’d be guilty and it wouldn’t be better for him to at least stall.

I feel there are a couple reasons to think BabyJ isn’t antitown.

Neither armlx nor Tyger have been counterclaimed.

That leaves Fritzler, Peacebringer, Thok, tss, and Yosarian.
I would simply point out that, due to the way EmpTyger laid out the post, it hides the fact that both BJ and Ranger are unconfirmed, as well.
Rupert
Rupert
Townie
Rupert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:46 am

Post by Rupert »

lynch me find. I killed TSS-
Jared Cooper is my actual role- Vig.

Lynch away, set me free
Rupert
Rupert
Townie
Rupert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:48 am

Post by Rupert »

Otaku376 wrote:I think Zoe killed badger, gun shot + stealth fits the bill. I would assume her trigger was when her husband, Wash, died.
The best idea for poison I have right now would be Saffron.
nope that was me
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:49 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

oops, lol, the above posts were me.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:56 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

oops, my brain is misfiring on so many levels.

My role name is Jayne Cobb, my role is vig. Some reason I initially had in my brain that Book would be vig.

Jared Cooper is what my brain did with the name after having several days pass since I last looked at it.

BJ- seriously, you should know me better then that and you have no become a top suspect.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:12 am

Post by BabyJesus »

PeaceBringer wrote:oops, my brain is misfiring on so many levels.

My role name is Jayne Cobb, my role is vig. Some reason I initially had in my brain that Book would be vig.

Jared Cooper is what my brain did with the name after having several days pass since I last looked at it.

BJ- seriously, you should know me better then that and you have no become a top suspect.
unvote

And what do you mean "know you better then that?"

My vote was from hypothesizing that you were responsible for one of the extra kills, since you were roleblocked last night when we had less kills. You are claiming vig, so I was right.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:18 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

Unvote
I think that if PB is not counterclaimed, he is almost definately who he claims he is.

Of the unconfirmed people, Fritler has contributed almost nothing other than votes. As blind voting is worse at this stage than any other, and unless he posts thoughts and ideas we are not going to be able to get a read on him, I will
Vote: Fritzler
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:37 am

Post by Fritzler »

RangeroftheNorth wrote:Of the unconfirmed people, Fritler has contributed almost nothing other than votes. As blind voting is worse at this stage than any other, and unless he posts thoughts and ideas we are not going to be able to get a read on him, I will
Vote: Fritzler
Only like half of my posts have a vote in them.

Unvote
Surfs up dude.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”