Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:04 am

Post by Dodgy »

@ BabyJesus,
Sorry my mistake, of course there was a day 1.
The rest of my post stands though!
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:21 am

Post by Shamrock »

While GC's last post does seem to be rather commanding and doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table, I don't think it's necessarily scummy, although I'm a bit uneasy about his throwing around of FOSes and refusal to vote.

BJ: What's the point of hinting at a role if you think it's "that obvious"? Just tell us so we're not confused and assume you're a different role than what you actually are. I don't really think you're scum either but you're being unnecessarily obscure.
armlx wrote:
Vote Falcone

In a re-read something huge came to me. I forgot Poirot = Xyre on MTGS. Behavior is fairly consistant with non-scumminess there, and that leaves Falcone.
For those of us who don't go to MGTS, could you clarify why exactly this clears Poirot?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:21 am

Post by Green Crayons »

BabyJesus wrote:What is the point of a "FOS" for someone thing which you claim is not an indicator of guilt....
Because that's the whole point. You play every game that I've seen you in the exact same way. What's this play style consist of? "Vote Player A. Everyone else should, too. Why isn't everyone voting Player A? Nevermind, let's vote Player B. Let's lynch Player B already. Hello, anyone out there? Why haven't we moved to night yet?" etc, etc. You've established a playing style that you adhere to regardless of alignment - and that style just so happens to be unable to be construyed as an indicator to your guilt or innocence. In essence, by continuing to follow your play style, there isn't anything that we can conceivably come up with to call you suspect, even though that play style is suspicious in and of itself, because you adhere to this specifical style in every game. Thus, I was only voicing my irritation at the style
and
the general sense that I find you suspicious on basic principle - though, obviously, it isn't worthy of my vote, just my ire.
BabyJesus wrote:try focusing on the end of day one. Seriously, its not like its hidden or anything.
Why were you hinting to a role in the first place?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:24 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Shamrock wrote:While GC's last post does seem to be rather commanding and doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table, I don't think it's necessarily scummy, although I'm a bit uneasy about his throwing around of FOSes and refusal to vote.
I love how you didn't read my reason why I didn't vote - I said it twice in my reponse-post. Furthermore, I never "refused" to vote (great loaded word choice, though), I simply postponed voting at that moment, and said, quote, "I'll vote shortly when I get reactions."
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:17 am

Post by Shamrock »

Yes, but you've got reactions and you still haven't voted.

Mod: Vote count please?
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:46 am

Post by Green Crayons »

That's because I'm waiting on armlx, whom I was most likely going to pin my vote on - it just hinges on his response, and he has yet to. If he comes up with something adaquete enough, I'll place my vote elsewhere, and it will most definately be based on the responses that I have received.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am

Post by Shamrock »

Fair enough.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:58 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Dodgy wrote:@ BabyJesus,
I think you mean the end of day 2 as there was no day 1(officially).
I hope you are bluffing or we are all buggered!
Hinting rather loudly at a certain role is foolish and dangerous.
I'm now starting to think you have either stuck a nail in the towns coffin or you are scum.
huh? There is nothing remotely dangerous or foolish whether town or scum knows my role. I don't think you caught it at all.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:00 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Green Crayons wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:What is the point of a "FOS" for someone thing which you claim is not an indicator of guilt....
Because that's the whole point. You play every game that I've seen you in the exact same way. What's this play style consist of? "Vote Player A. Everyone else should, too. Why isn't everyone voting Player A? Nevermind, let's vote Player B. Let's lynch Player B already. Hello, anyone out there? Why haven't we moved to night yet?" etc, etc. You've established a playing style that you adhere to regardless of alignment - and that style just so happens to be unable to be construyed as an indicator to your guilt or innocence. In essence, by continuing to follow your play style, there isn't anything that we can conceivably come up with to call you suspect, even though that play style is suspicious in and of itself, because you adhere to this specifical style in every game. Thus, I was only voicing my irritation at the style
and
the general sense that I find you suspicious on basic principle - though, obviously, it isn't worthy of my vote, just my ire.
BabyJesus wrote:try focusing on the end of day one. Seriously, its not like its hidden or anything.
Why were you hinting to a role in the first place?
Well duh. Doesn't EVERYONE try to play the same whether they are scum or town? I thought that was the whole point? There's not a single player that wishes they could avoid having a scum tell. Why would that draw your ire?
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:31 am

Post by Falcone »

I spent a lot of time analyzing BJ's posts to look for hints at his role, and then I finally found what he meant. It's really quite obvious, in fact it surprises me everyone has missed it so far. I more or less agree that it doesn't make much difference if his role becomes public knowledge, but I don't think he's cleared. Do you agree, BJ?
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:32 am

Post by Poirot »

@ GC: Really, I don't think that suggesting possibilities for the town to work with is necessarily suspicious. I don't think you're being scummy, but you are abusing the FOS. You FOSed one-third of everyone else in the game, and that's hard to ignore. But it isn't deserving of a lynch.
"I did not decieve you, mon ami. At most, I permitted you to decieve yourself."
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:34 am

Post by Falcone »

"Abusing the FOS" - Good one, Poirot.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:36 pm

Post by Adele »

Shamrock wrote:BJ: What's the point of hinting at a role if you think it's "that obvious"? Just tell us so we're not confused
QFT. I have a theory, but I'd rather have a claim. When things are subtle, scum have better chance of figuring it out than townies, so you might as well spell it out.
BabyJesus wrote:Well duh. Doesn't EVERYONE try to play the same whether they are scum or town? I thought that was the whole point? There's not a single player that wishes they could avoid having a scum tell. Why would that draw your ire?
Personally, it draws
my
ire because you go too far. You prioritise it too high, sacrificing pro-town behaviour that might put you at risk. And, frankly, if you're a townie who'd rather put the town at risk than yourself, I don't consider you to be on my side.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:37 pm

Post by Adele »

:oops:
(Note to self: don't post after watching superhero movies; you get melodramatic)
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:37 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Falcone wrote:I spent a lot of time analyzing BJ's posts to look for hints at his role, and then I finally found what he meant. It's really quite obvious, in fact it surprises me everyone has missed it so far. I more or less agree that it doesn't make much difference if his role becomes public knowledge, but I don't think he's cleared. Do you agree, BJ?
not 100% cleared, no. Its not a "typical" scum role, though, as it throws off the end game balance if scum have that ability.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:51 pm

Post by Falcone »

@ BJ: Ok, that's quite true. I'll put you in my "probably innocent"-list.

@ Adele: It's really quite obvious. If you have a theory about BJ's role, but are not sure you're right, the theory is wrong. I mean that the moment you see it, you'll be 100 % certain what his role is.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:53 pm

Post by Dodgy »

Can someone tell me why Warpdragon has only posted 4 times in a game that feels like it has been running since I was in 1st grade and no one has bothered to mention it?
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:12 am

Post by armlx »

Falcone, Dodgy, Poirot, Graken, Adele, BabyJesus

Those people lynched SpeedyKQ. I actually forgot about looking back on that. BTW, why were there 7 votes on Speedy when 6 people were voting him?

Anyways, both people I went after were on the Speedy wagon, even without me remembering that. Coincidence? I think not.

Poirot's behavior is consistant with his behavior as a basic townie in a game I hosted on another site. However, my logic is flawed as I started reading a game he was a recruitable scum in. Still, thats about 1.5/2 and I'm willing not to vote him on that. MY other suspect was Falcone, so....
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:11 am

Post by Shamrock »

Where's our mod? Has anyone seen him recently?
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:18 am

Post by Dodgy »

No, he's another one that seems to have done a disappearing act! :lol:
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:01 am

Post by Adele »

armlx wrote:Falcone, Dodgy, Poirot, Graken, Adele, BabyJesus

Those people lynched SpeedyKQ. I actually forgot about looking back on that. BTW, why were there 7 votes on Speedy when 6 people were voting him?
Green Crayons also voted for Speedy. His was the lynching vote.
armlx wrote:Anyways, both people I went after were on the Speedy wagon, even without me remembering that. Coincidence? I think not.
I'm not sure what point you're making here... that we can infer that your attacks were justified? Anyway, you make it sound like attacking two people on the wagon was rather unlikely. In fact, if you had attacked two people completely randomly, there'd be an 8.3% chance neither of them were on the wagon, 50% chance one of them was, and a
41.6% chance
that they both were on the wagon. Coincidence? Not exactly spooky...
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:39 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Adele wrote:

Green Crayons also voted for Speedy. His was the lynching vote...
You really need to stop skimming. The mod posted the final vote tally, I don't think GC was on it.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:49 am

Post by Adele »

I
had
assumed it was a minor error on the part of the mod...

but, then, the mod is never wrong.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:38 am

Post by Falcone »

Unofficial Vote Count:

GC -3- (Dodgy, Falcone, BJ)
BJ -1- (Adele)
Falcone -1- (armlx)

Not voting: GC, Matjoeman, Poirot, Shamrock, warpdragon
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:46 am

Post by Poirot »

Anyways, both people I went after were on the Speedy wagon, even without me remembering that. Coincidence? I think not.

Poirot's behavior is consistant with his behavior as a basic townie in a game I hosted on another site. However, my logic is flawed as I started reading a game he was a recruitable scum in. Still, thats about 1.5/2 and I'm willing not to vote him on that. MY other suspect was Falcone, so....
Ah. I played badly in both games.

@ Falcone: I just don't like players who multiple-FOS.
"I did not decieve you, mon ami. At most, I permitted you to decieve yourself."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”