GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:04 am

Post by GreyICE »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Very discernable motive, CES. Wanted to see who would pick up on it, who would let it linger, who would walk into a trap.
That's a horrible reason. You do not lie about the formatting of your role PM just because someone might respond to it at some point, especially if the town has a good reason to distrust you because you just claimed townie [one-shot hider] instead of one-shot cop.
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:It seems extremely likely to me that each role PM has Name - Role name [bounty power], so pushing the mislynch doesn't work because people can back up Rhinox. I wouldn't even expect that type of subterfuge from Toastyscum anyway even if it were useful.
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:The lie was the bit about not having a role name. Was the "anti-town" comment not about that?
I don't think what you did would've been a bad play for scum if you hadn't claimed not to have a role name. Not having to claim an innocent on Toasty (who was the obvious investigation target) could easily result in an extra mislynch (assuming Toastytown) and the switcheroo probably doesn't hurt you enough to overcome the conf. innocent status conferred upon you by UK and the sooner the game ends, the less likely we are to question it.
Give me one good reason you lied about having a role name.
At each turn your story has become more inconsistent today, CES. I was reaction fishing. It's fun to do. I can link you to plenty of games where I do it as town. I've claimed scum, misclaimed watcher target, fakeclaimed full jailkeeper as a 1-shot, etc.

If I'm confirmed town, why would I waste the opportunity by not reaction fishing?
Rhinox wrote:
greyICE wrote:What's the scum motive for counterclaiming my scumbuddy there?
You wanna go there? What was the scum motive for Jahudo-hyposcum counterclaiming Vi-scum possibility that you were pushing?
They both claimed after a cop claimed, AND after a possible miller retracted his claim. The way I saw it if Nacho's Jahudo case was good enough and Vi got lynched he was a very probable target for my investigation. Both claiming after they waited a while to see if there would be any counterclaim would ensure one lived as 'confirmed miller.'

Jahudo not heavily pushing Vi day 1 or 2 after counterclaiming Vi was just bad in my book. I'm sorry, but when I'm counterclaimed as town, my reaction is EXACTLY what I did on day 1 after Vi's hider claim - latch on like a pitbull and not let go. When Vi claimed 1-shot hider, the next person I voted for was AFTER Vi got lynched. NEVER before.

I was wrong.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Kdub wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I actually voted for GreyICE at some point due to that discussion.
It appears you did vote for him, but you gave no input or a reason for your vote, so it wasn't clear at all that you were doing it because you agreed with Rhinox's case.
It's just the only possible explanation but let's just ignore that, shall we?
Kdub wrote:I think we've heard from everybody on the claim.
What thread have you been reading?
GreyICE wrote:At each turn your story has become more inconsistent today, CES. I was reaction fishing. It's fun to do. I can link you to plenty of games where I do it as town. I've claimed scum, misclaimed watcher target, fakeclaimed full jailkeeper as a 1-shot, etc.
Lying in moderation is fine. This was a horrible play if town.
GreyICE wrote:If I'm confirmed town, why would I waste the opportunity by not reaction fishing?
UK was dead and you just changed your story.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:17 am

Post by GreyICE »

Yes I did.
First, because when I PMed Fate: Hide: Toasty, his reaction was really fucking funny.

Then because I wanted to see what people's reaction would be to my change.

UK confirming me had nothing to do with me being a cop or hider anyway. Cop is never a confirmable role.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Rhinox »

Kdub wrote:Since the player needs to be on the lynch wagon to get their reward, it wouldn't quite be a "hidden reward" the way you are putting it.
What I mean is that if you are not a neighbor and don't know you will become a neighbor, then the role that makes you a neighbor is by definition a neighbor
izer
regardless of if they get to choose who to neighborize or not. If CES's role was just "become a neighbor with...", then what is the mechanic making you the neighbor if not a neighborizer? A bounty reward? A hidden mechanic?
Kdub wrote:I had forgotten that Vi had fakeclaimed Julia, but this again raises the problem that CES says that his ability is unambiguous in saying that he will specifically neighborize Faye. Either the possibility exists that the player in question (me, in this case) is not Faye, which would be a direct lie from the mod to the player, or the ability confirms my role, which either defeats the whole purpose of "neighborizer" instead of "masonizer", or suggests that Faye is scum in this game, which is not supported by either flavor or the flips we have seen so far.
What would you expect if his role said he could neighborize Julia? Hint: It is my understanding he would neighborize with Vi, because that is Vi's fake claim, who she would claim to be, and that is not lying or bastard modding. Its fairly straightforeward, actually. Or perhaps Whitney is CES's fake claim, and faye really is town? Either way, its neither bastard modding nor masonizing.
Kdub wrote:My basic objection with it is that there are too many little issues with the claim that each individually require an ad hoc justification, and it adds up either to a role that mechanically is extremely contrived (in contrast to everybody else's relatively straightforward claims so far), or scum making a bad fakeclaim. Remember, we ended up lynching Seraphim because he claimed a mechanic that would have indicated poor setup design if true. He wasn't mafia, but he was certainly lying about his ability. I'm feeling the same thing here with CES. His sudden push on Grey just cements my opinion.
Seraph may or may not have been telling us the whole truth at the end. But there is different between a mechanic that is poor setup design, and CES's claimed mechanic, which IMO does not seem to be poor setup design.

P.S. Tell me whats straightforward about these roles and their mechanics: Ex-Lover Bodyguard, Red Dragon Clan Enforcer, Shaman Astrologer, Lucky Bounty Hunter

Just saying CES may be scum. But his claimed role does not seem like the justification to be used for his lynch.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:19 am

You didn't pile lies upon lies as town, GreyICE and that's exactly what you did. The role name thing was a lame excuse for why you supposedly got the bounty power wrong.
GreyICE wrote:UK confirming me had nothing to do with me being a cop or hider anyway. Cop is never a confirmable role.
Obviously. I'm just saying you had good reason not to lie further.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:21 am

By the bye, Kdub quicklynching me is terrible. AGM and Toasty haven't even gotten a chance to respond to me.

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Rhinox »

Bad hammer is, most definitely, bad. I didn't realize it was the hammer until CES just pointed it out... >.>
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:27 am

Post by GreyICE »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:By the bye, Kdub quicklynching me is terrible. AGM and Toasty haven't even gotten a chance to respond to me.
I will agree to that. They were anti-town when Jahudo did them (fucking town or not, Vi should have been the day 1 lynch, and day 2 should have matured a little more - if nothing else, some more nacho posts could have saved his skin.) and they are anti-town today.

AGM hasn't even claimed his roleblock target.

AGM - If CES flips scum,
ROLEBLOCK TOASTYTOAST.

He is your #1 suspect, and if you don't do this and die overnight I'm considering him 100% confirmed town anyway, so you'd potentially lose us the game.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

And if CES flips town?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Rhinox »

Wait, actually, why the hell should he block toasty anyways? Why not Kdub, LLD, or Me, who are your less town reads thus mosre likely IYO to be submitting a kill?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 am

There are 2 scum left, so he should block whomever.

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Kdub »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:It's just the only possible explanation but let's just ignore that, shall we?
Considering the level of justification you have provided for your other votes this game, we were supposed to conclude that someone made a argument against someone who was already confirmed town and you suddenly agreed with it?
Rhinox wrote:What would you expect if his role said he could neighborize Julia? Hint: It is my understanding he would neighborize with Vi, because that is Vi's fake claim, who she would claim to be, and that is not lying or bastard modding. Its fairly straightforeward, actually. Or perhaps Whitney is CES's fake claim, and faye really is town? Either way, its neither bastard modding nor masonizing.
If his role PM clearly said he would neighborize Julia and was absolutely unambiguous about it, I would think he was either lying, or that the mod lied to him (i.e. bastard modding). Whitney being CES's fake claim is exactly what I have been saying.
Rhinox wrote:P.S. Tell me whats straightforward about these roles and their mechanics: Ex-Lover Bodyguard, Red Dragon Clan Enforcer, Shaman Astrologer, Lucky Bounty Hunter
That's a separate issue, but I guess I didn't explain it well. When someone has claimed "hider" or "jailkeeper" or "sensor", their described abilities work the same way you would expect them to. When CES claims "neighborizer" with all of these convoluted restrictions, there is an inconsistency.
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:By the bye, Kdub quicklynching me is terrible. AGM and Toasty haven't even gotten a chance to respond to me.
Yes they did, in fact they are both voting you specifically because of your claim.

Grey, AGM claimed to have blocked me last night.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Fate »

"Oh well, back I go."

After days and days of killings, blood shed, violence, and deception, you begin to wonder if your dreams of Bounty Hunting should've remained at just that, a dream.

The harsh reality is work, failure, loss, coupled with only fleeting moments of gain that seemingly bring you back to even.

Today you hunt for the bounty. You come across a smooth talking man and decide he is the perfect fit for the drug-pushing gangster you're looking for.

"Who me? Mafia? Why I never would harm a soul... just a heart. I'm just a simple con-artist you see..."

"Tell it to the judge creep!"

You throw him in a spaceship and prepare to take him to the police. However you let a woman guard him...

"You understand don't you? Doing this kind of work for money... surely you'd rather be somewhere else. But you have no choice, you have to press on with what you have. That's all I'm doing. Please.... some mercy. I can tell you have a kind heart. It's the way you smile."

She lets him into his heart and out of the car. How could she refuse? He-

He got tackled feet later by a nearby bounty hunter. Looks like you won't be getting the reward for this one.

Damn it all to hell.

Cogiito Ergo Sum has been lynched. He was Whitney Hagus Matsumoto, Townie [One-Shot Neighborizer]

Final Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (4): AlmasterGM, ToastyToast, GreyICE, Kdub
Rhinox (0):
Lady Lambdadelta (0):
GreyICE (2): Lady Lamdadelta, CogitoES
ToastyToast (0):
Kdub (0):
AlmasterGM (1): Rhinox

Not voting: Cogitoes, Toasty

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline for Night Four Actions:
Saturday, April 18th 2AM EST
Last edited by Fate on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Fate »

Wandering the town in the morning light.
No sense of dread on your shoulders today,
Is there hope for the world?
Has the sun finally ceased to lie?

The light of dawn shines on a brand new world.

A world in which everyone is alive just the same as yesterday.

Everything's always changing.
Yet the flowers bloom each spring, just as usual.

No one was killed last night.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Fate »

Session Five Begins.

Vote Count

Rhinox (0):
Lady Lambdadelta (0):
GreyICE (0):
ToastyToast (0):
Kdub (0):
AlmasterGM (0):

Not voting: All

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline: Wednesday, April 27th.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

I think I see where this is going. AGM vs...

P.S. probably MYLO.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Shock and motherfucking awe.

Now here comes AGM!scum to say he RB'd someone, and get the mislynch.

No, fuck that.

I'm tempted to just lynch AGM or Grey in the spot today, but I think a no lynch is what we need in mylo. And it is most CERTAINLY Mylo.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:42 am

Also, look at the CES wagon.

AGM and GI.

Seriously, these two are scum. No two ways about it.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:43 am

Post by GreyICE »

Rhinox wrote:I think I see where this is going. AGM vs...

P.S. probably MYLO.
Yeah

I see exactly where this is going too.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 am

Vote: No Lynch

Even if I'm 100% certain of scum at this point, there is no need taking senseless risks.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Fate »

"Hi amigos! All 300,000 Bounty Hunters in the Star systems: How y'all doin?"
"And now it's time for Big Shot, the show that tells all about fugitives!"
"Today's big bounty is
Edward"

"That's right cowpoke, you're hunting... a..... .a uhh.... little.....
boy
girl?! Sounds like trouble to me Punch!"
"Oh yeah, this cowpoke is causing all sooorts a trouble for everyone! He's a master hacker who is suspected for taking control of satellites on multiple planets to reign down destruction!"
"Oh my! Is that all true Punch?"
"Doesn't matter if its true or not, Judy, we get paid the same either way!"
"Hehehehe that's right! That's all the time have today folks, happy hunting!"
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Rhinox »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Vote: No Lynch

Even if I'm 100% certain of scum at this point, there is no need taking senseless risks.
If it is what we're all thinking it is, a no lynch won't improve our odds of lynching correctly. It'll be 50/50, with the only difference being 1 less town voice to weigh in on the decision if we no lynch and town dies.

I'll wait to hear what AGM has to say first.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:52 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Oh hey, looks like i'm the bounty for today. Ain't that quaint.

Fortunately, I've got bigger, better news:

I roleblocked LLD last night

There was no kill last night

VOTE: LLD
[/size]

TRAP.

FUCKING.

SUCCESSFUL.

I WILL BE ACCEPTING BEST REPLACEMENT SCUMMY NOMS IN POST GAME.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:54 am

LMFAO.

TOLD YOU.

I FUCKING TOLLLLLLLLLLD YOU.

UNVOTE; VOTE: AGM

QUESTION TIME: WITH ALL THE SUSPICION ON ME, WHY WOULD I BE THE ONE TO SEND THE KILL?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:55 am

AGM JUST COMMITTED A FATAL ERROR.

HE SHOUULD HAVE CLAIMED TO HAVE RB'D SOMEONE LIKE KDUB.

BUT NOT ME. RBING ME MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE. I WOULD NEVER SEND KILL AS SCUM AFTER HAVING OVER HALF THE TOWN ON MY CASE YESTERDAY.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”