Newbie 1040 ~ Murder in Newbville! ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:17 am

Post by mikemike778 »

mikemike778: Your improvement as the game progressed was impressive. I'm hoping to see you continue that upward trend in the future. That said, don't get trapped into overthinking. There's going to be two possibilities to everything; your job is to figure out which one is more likely by using the information you have about the player in question.
Thanks Equi.

With hindsight I kinda had quite a few of the pieces to the puzzle just didn't put them in the right way - hopefully that will come with experience and I wont keep lynching town :cry: . Having said that I didn't see Uite coming at all - the only reason for coming close to voting him (and it was fairly close) was more I was never 100% convinced Hiphop/Reaper was bad, not so much I thought Uite was if that makes sense.

Re - your IC play, the difference between you and Elib in 1013 was like night and day. Without wanting to bad mouth anyone - he didn't do a lot really as an IC. Don't see what more you could have been expected to do.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 am

Post by mikemike778 »

I don't think that people saw you as scummy as you seem to think. RC always saw you as town, and LC and me from Day 2 on did as well. If I remember correctly, the only one to actively go after you past that point was Kishime.
Actually it wasn't too bothered by Kishi really ... it was more the Day 1 attacks that put me on the back foot. I was pretty surprised that a replacee would put me as a strong town read after trawling through the first day.

On a side note - that's 2 mafia games for me so far in my games:

Mislynches - 6
Lynches - 0
Games finishing with Hip dying - 2

Least one of them I was scum or it would be embarassing.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Uite wrote:I'm only badass
as
Mafia though. I suck as town. Seriously, this is my 16th completed game, and only three of those were Town wins, and only one of those let me see a second Day. On the other hand, this was my seventh game as Mafia, and I've only lost one of those, and that was entirely due to having a certain drmyshottyizsik as a parter.
I keep losing my town games too and I can't do anything about it cause I'm being killed Night 1.
I'm a talking computer.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Equinox, while I wasn't here during Day 1, I thought you did an excellent job as IC.

Oh, and I almost forgot: thanks, KittyMo, for taking over as mod!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Equinox »

LordChronos wrote:Equinox, I'd like to hear whatever comments you have on my play.
Considering I never even suspected you, I'm not sure what I can say. :lol:

I can take a closer look this weekend and critique, though.
Uite wrote:Seriously, this is my 16th completed game, and only three of those were Town wins, and only one of those let me see a second Day.
LordChronos wrote:I keep losing my town games too and I can't do anything about it cause I'm being killed Night 1.
You two have that analytical obvtown play that scum really hate. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing if you're getting shot as townies. (...which seems to be the case, from a look at your wiki pages.)

Oh, yeah. That reminds me. Since we didn't have any power roles in this game, I didn't really get into this:

:right: If you draw a power role, don't purposefully play scummy. You need to survive the night, but you also want the other town players to trust you. The way I see it is to let the townies do most of the legwork; the job of the townie, in addition to finding the scum, is to draw the NKs in place of the power roles. It's their job to protect you, so play like you usually would while keeping a generally low profile.

Keep in mind, though, that experienced scum teams will be looking for this exact sort of play when they're hunting power roles. I don't really know how to combat that, so I can't give much in the way of tips here.
bvoigt wrote:Oh, and I almost forgot: thanks, KittyMo, for taking over as mod!
Seconded.

Also, thanks, Nobody Special, for backing up.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Equinox wrote:
LordChronos wrote:Equinox, I'd like to hear whatever comments you have on my play.
Considering I never even suspected you, I'm not sure what I can say. :lol:

I can take a closer look this weekend and critique, though.
That'd be awesome.
Equinox wrote:
bvoigt wrote:Oh, and I almost forgot: thanks, KittyMo, for taking over as mod!
Seconded.
Thirded.
I'm a talking computer.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Equinox wrote:Also, thanks, Nobody Special, for backing up.
My pleasure (thanks for noticing).

Also, KittyMo is an awesomesparkly Mod, and I was pretty sure I wouldn't be needed.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”