farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 am

Post by farside22 »

I think the things most people are calling scumtells from Feysal (specifically his extreme unwillingness to vote and bandwagon) are more newbie-playstyle-tells. That being said, his playstyle is inscrutable and anti-town. So, from my perspective, he's a policy lynch.
He's been here since 10/2010 and he played mafia at other sites if you read his wiki.
Calling the play newbie-playstyle-tells, does not compute. Scum use those tells throughout MS.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay I did all the meta research I'm going to do. At this point Feysal is lying about his play in his response to LL.

Here is Feysal as town:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 20&start=0

Made a case on someone (bad as it is) that no one else did. Was pressured day 1 for not voting. Did an analysis and read the game. He didn't sit back as he has done or claimed that he does in games.

Here is Feysal as scum:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 21&start=0

This looks familiarly. Talks about what's going on in the game. No real scum suspects and constantly trying to do catch up.

unvote:
vote: Feysal
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:19 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The Fruit Goddess sends farside much love for the post above.

It's claim time for Feysal, and I stand ready to hammer him with a pineapple if he fails to appease me.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:21 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I'm not going to bother trying to write a wall commenting on every post that's been made recently simply because I don't think that would be useful right now. General comments on what's happened:

DTM's Gambit

As much as I enjoy being considered town, I can't say I think DTM's gambit did much more than make him obv-town. For anyone who wants more details on what exactly happened in the QT:
  • On the 11th, NS told me that DTM wanted me to know he was doc and would be protecting hito and gave me something to post in thread to confirm that I had received the message (that whole permanently bulletproof thing).
  • I saw the post on the 13th and I kind of assumed it was a gambit. Figuring it was a reaction test, I tried to give what I thought would be the town response and was just like "lolwut?". I asked if I should still post DTM's message in thread, considering his discussion of messages passed around in the QT would make it obvious that message came from him.
  • NS asked DTM if I should still post that and reported back the next day that I should, along with some instructions of what to do when DTM asks for in-thread confirmation of what I'd said (I still don't quite get what that was supposed to do). I was already frustrated with something else at the time, so instead of trying to keep up the stupid act, my response was roughly "he'd better not actually be doc after this..."
Make of that what you will.

(also, this is kind of irrelevant, but I was in Internal Struggle Mafia with DTM, not Kingdom Hearts Mafia)

LLD's Feysal Case

It looks really good on paper, but considering I've mostly skimmed Feysal's posts (his posts should be required by law to contain a tl;dr at the end), I really don't have much by which to judge how accurate it is. I plan on trying to actually read Feysal's posts today, but to be more realistic, the chances of that actually happening are not particularly high.

Other Things

Benmage's tunnel-vision on the less important features of DTM's post (zomg u had me in da rong game!!11!111) while completely ignoring the potentially useful parts is scummy. Also, his posts following that sound completely paranoid.

Since when is Equinox a she? >_>
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:

It's claim time for Feysal, and I stand ready to hammer him with a pineapple if he fails to appease me.
I disagree with you about hito. I truly believe he is part of the scum team.

*grabs fruit and run before God spits fire*
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:34 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I want to give you the BP, farside. I'm serious. I think I will.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:44 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

@DTMaster: WTF. You only have arbitrary information on DRK and you are claiming to save him? Have you ever thought you could be as wrong as anyone else?

I won't join the Feysal wagon. I can feel the hate on him for his funny style but his verbose thoughts sound coherent and connected to me. I don't think wishy washy is a scumtell on this guy.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:45 am

Post by Equinox »

DeathRowKitty wrote:Since when is Equinox a she? >_>
I'm actually female.

All right, folks, I just got approval from zoraster for this. I've been keeping track of the votes on Google Docs, and you folks can access it here. The only caveat (that I know of right now) is that I don't update it if I'm no longer in the game. I hope this will help later -- juicy bandwagons had better be juicy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
I want to give you the BP, farside. I'm serious. I think I will.
Personally I think equinox is doing a justice to this town that makes me happy I'm not scum.
You do as you please, but that's my 2 cents.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Corvuus »

This is seriously like a psuedo marathon game or something. I'm mainly either early morning/late at night but I'll try to keep up.

----

Unless my reading of the deadline rules are wrong, it has to be a majority of all players VOTING. I.e. if you aren't voting, you won't be counted towards the votecount total and so 'majority' needed will be less than normal lynch. Example: If EVERYONE is voting and no one has majority, there will be a no lynch.

Just feel I should remind people of this especially with God of Judgment/God of Time interaction and potential in later days if not today.

-----

DTm: I'm town. I just read. My reasoning while similar to DGB's is different and i'm actually nonplussed that you decided to do "a full claim" as opposed to something else since you killed your own gambit in at least 2 different ways before your claim, killed your own gambit and the chances of your own lynch is just not that high. I also dislike how you are handling the aftermath, especially since when you post 'line by line' plan, scum will either take advantage of it (by say targeting you because you claimed hide target so they can either frame or whatever) and I'm expecting DTm-NS to make a new plan even if it is just incredibly short-stupid just pick different target.

I still consider NS to be the scum God, so maybe you should consider whether NS is just giving you rope to hang yourself with as opposed to actually giving you help, suggestions, feedback, 'gambit' comments, etc. I still don't think you are obv-town.

unvote

------

DGB: Thanks for the vote. Is it for anything in particular or just because I voted for DTm, sort of forcing you to as well?

------

Farside is town to me, Equinox is less-so to me. DTmaster and Equinox have still not responded with whether it was planned or accidental regarding Equinox requesting BP for DTm since it is actually a significant contributing factor to killing DTm's gambit being useful for town beyond what DTm did to his own gambit. I don't think you should trust Equinox. I don't know his specific meta but Equinox-town should be smart enough to know what happened/would happen. Thanks for the spreadsheet Equinox.

-----

I'll definitely vote by late tonight (PST) and I think we should as a habit, try to lynch people at least 24 hours before deadline. I'll post my reasoning when I vote since i need to head out and wtf at jumping from 800ish posts when I replaced in to 1000+.

Corvuus
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:16 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Sorry for the wall.
Jack wrote:
hitogoroshi wrote: I was refering to this bit of DTM's:
DTM wrote:Finally my analysis turned up that Jack and DRK are town. DRK called my claim stupid. Had DRK been scum he would have been silent. I quote: DRK hoped that I wasn't the doctor and was lying since I was putting attention on him. Rather then exploit a doctor claim DRK did the opposite and distrusted that my claim was true. Jack claimed the same thing saying that my claims could be modified due to NS.
I think it's very likely DTM is telling the truth, and while I don't understand specifically what lies he told to who, this part still seems pretty solid; at least enough to give DRK the benefit of the doubt for a day. How is this not solid information in any way?
Very interesting, you tell me, considering you said:
hitogoroshi wrote:I'm gonna need it explained in more detail why DRK is cleared off of DTM's whateverthehellthing, because I'm not parsing the nitty gritty of his SWEETS GAMBITS, but whatever, I'll trust that DTM knows what he's doing.
So, what wasn't solid information to you? Why did you need to trust, what couldn't you parse, and what did you need explained about "whateverthehellthing"? Since the only thing you say NOW that you were unsure of is what lies he told to who?
Alright, you're right that "pretty solid" was absolutely not the right phrase there. A much better one would be, "pretty unambiguous." While parts of DTM's line of thought are muddled and confusion, his conclusion of "town read on DRK" was clear.

As for what wasn't solid, I'm still not 100% how he expected to catch DRK-scum off of what he did. That's what I'm failing to parse. The trust part is that I assume if he walked in with DRK as his biggest in-masonry scum read (as seems to be the case), and he now has a town read on DRK, it's for a good reason.
That bit from DTM is very clear, it's just his read on what drk would or wouldn't have done and is very sketchy in fact. No reason for scum-drk to not call the claim stupid.
Surely there would be an incentive for scum-drk to play along even without believing DTM? The whole point of false information leaks is that scum or town would react differently to them; wouldn't DRK simply do the "town" thing instead of tearing down the game entirely?

"It's been a very good day one..." + "we'll probably need to eat this policy lynch sometime" = :igmeou: :igmeou: :igmeou:
Not seeing the problem. Good day one in that I got a lot of information on a lot of people. Didn't get much on Feysal, don't expect to get much on Feysal.
Going from this:
hitogoroshi wrote:Of Feysal/DRK, I prefer DRK. He's been very lurky except when called on, seems very passive and defensive, and his interactions with Tajo are strained to the breaking point.
To outright trying to lynch feysal over drk just because of dtm's read on him shows that you didn't really care about your drk "scum read", or about who gets lynched as long as it isn't a buddy.
That's not really fair. I had a preference of DRK over Feysal because DRK seemed like scum, whereas Feysal was inscrutable and likely to remain such but less positively scummy. I prefer a Tajo lynch to
either
of these, but a Tajo lynch wasn't happening. So, I voted DRK. Then, DTM mentioned a town read on DRK, and the Feysal wagon swelled to include five of my six strongest townreads. It's not about "not caring who gets lynched" - it's just that I like both of these wagons. While I liked the DRK-wagon slightly more, if a strong town reads has reason to believe he's town, and the Feysal wagon is full of townies, and deadline is near, that's more than enough incentive to switch.
Equinox wrote:If either of these two (Corvuus or Feysal) are scum, Nobody Special is a town god.
I agree with this.
Equinox wrote:hitogoroshi, there's a competing wagon... one that you just left despite having a read. What are you doing?
They're both good wagons. DTM has a townread on DRK, and with the information apparently flying about in QT I suspect we'll have more to work with on DRK tomorrow. I don't think Feysal is ever going to give us much to work with by sheer virtue of his posting/voting habits. So, while my personal conviction is that DRK is more likely to flip scum than Feysal, if there is a.) a boatload of townreads that think otherwise and b.) hints that we'll have a lot of new info on DRK tomorrow, I'm easily willing to lynch Feysal now.
Equinox wrote:Here's the kick: I am considering a Corvuus wagon. Verdict coming soon.
What has your QT with fishy lead you to believe about his alignment?
farside wrote:He's been here since 10/2010 and he played mafia at other sites if you read his wiki.
Calling the play newbie-playstyle-tells, does not compute. Scum use those tells throughout MS.
Newbie isn't a function of time in the way I'm using it. It's "whether or not you understand the value of frequent voting/high-pressure wagoning/constant transparency". Feysal clearly either doesn't or is refusing to. My guess is the former, though maybe the meta you're mentoining swings it toward the latter. Regardless, I think there's enough value in the policy lynch, so any additional scum convictions are just icing on the cake.
DRK wrote:I saw the post on the 13th and I kind of assumed it was a gambit. Figuring it was a reaction test, I tried to give what I thought would be the town response and was just like "lolwut?". I asked if I should still post DTM's message in thread, considering his discussion of messages passed around in the QT would make it obvious that message came from him.
what I thought would be the town response
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:35 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Don't tell me you've never acted a certain way as town because you thought you were supposed to :s

Anyway, I'll be back in probably about half an hour. Depending on what happens in that time, I might have something interesting to point out.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:00 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay, soo...

That was over an hour ago. He was listed there when I made my previous post (I didn't think to take a screenshot). There was at least one point in between during which he was not listed there (once again, I probably should have taken a screenshot of that too), so he had to have been around. He has no posts in theme park since that screenshot was taken.

It would seem that somebody needs some time to mull things over with his buddies.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:02 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Meh, the time doesn't show up as clearly in that picture as I'd hoped. It says 10:50. It's currently 12:02 here for reference.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:05 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Okay that's not at ALL fair.

Personal perspective: I have time to check MS most of the day. You'll see me browsing Theme Park more than not-browsing-Theme Park. But time to read =! time to post. About the only time time watching is relevant is a.) multi-day absence or b.) hours until deadline with X just needing to show up and vote.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:12 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Even just ignoring that, consider the following:
DrippingGoofball at 9:19am wrote:

Feysal's last post was at 10:33am (this is all in EST).
Plus, in a game with daytalk, things like this do make a difference. Sure, maybe he just happened to have time to post in one of his games, leave the theme park forum, come back, and leave again over an hour after he initially signed on and had no time to post "MY ROLE IS X" in this game, but I find it more likely he was just too busy discussing with his buddies.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:16 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Also, in response to
hito wrote:You'll see me browsing Theme Park more than not-browsing-Theme Park.
Can you say the same of Feysal?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:32 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

Andrius ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

populartajo ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

hitogoroshi ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

nopointinactingup ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

SpyreX ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

Equinox ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

farside22 ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

Feysal ( 6 ) DTMaster, Lady Lambdadelta, SpyreX,
Nobody Special,
hitogoroshi, farside22,
(L - 4 )

Mina ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

Corvuus ( 2 ) DeathRowKitty,
DrippingGoofball,
(L - 8 )

Benmage ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

DeathRowKitty ( 5 ) populartajo, Benmage, Andrius,
Fishythefish,
Feysal,
(L - 5 )

Jack ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

Lady Lambdadelta ( 1 ) nopointinactingup,
(L - 9 )

DTMaster ( 0 )
(L - 10 )

No Lynch ( 0 )
(L - 9 )

Not Voting ( 4 ) Mina, Jack, Equinox, Corvuus,
Total Votes ( 18 )

Deadline: February 19th at 17:59 EDT
With 18 able to vote, 10 needed to lynch.

Just a reminder: deadline is in a little over 3 days.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:33 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Oh, Feysal only has 6 votes. I thought he had more or I would have voted him.

Vote: Feysal
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Jack »

drk, you're looking bad again now. Very bad.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Andrius »

DRK
is
bad.
TBH I've fallen behind a couple pages so I need to catchup.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Jack »

hito, ignoring the terribleness of your reply because it speaks for itself, why are you
still
on the feysal wagon?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Jack »

vote:drk

I forgot last night that skimming iso's isn't that useful.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:13 am

Post by populartajo »

zoraster wrote:Not Voting ( 4 ) Mina, Jack, Equinox, Corvuus,
wtf is this sh*t when there are 3 days to deadline. who is the scum not bussing?

in the other hand im happy we are lynching one of the obvscumbags drk and feysal.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Jack »

JUST IN TIME

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”