Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Post by Equinox »

Right, then.
Equinox wrote:By the way, Nobody Special-scum has a habit of outing his buddies one way or another. Pressure him into posting, here or QuickTopics.
Please, guys, get this guy posting in this thread. He is absolutely useless to me if all he's doing is hiding in his QuickTopics. I'd like to be able to talk with him sometime before I get shot, thanks.

Corvuus: As soon as you get the link to your QuickTopic with Fishythefish, can you please tell me as much as possible about the content of the posts in there?

Oh, so you say you didn't read DTMaster.
In post 761, Corvuus wrote:The
only thing
i get from DTMaster is his slightly abnormal obsession with Fishy being scum God and shortening deadlines.
Don't make blanket statements until you know what's going on.

Having to go back and check every detail of a vague back-and-forth argument makes for a sleepy and grumpy Equinox.

I see no problem with the progression of farside22's suspicion of DeathRowKitty. That's me looking from post 397 onward until the FoS.
Corvuus wrote:I would consider you to be town based on other parts but since there IS day talk scum chat, I can not discount the difference in play style from 1. previous game(s) to this game, 2. early game this game ('laziness') to 'being wagoned/voted' this game.

If this is still not plain enough; your play strikes me as town but i can not discount possibility of coaching, etc. so I am not sure. I am not voting you so take that as you will.
Dude, how much more can you hedge your bets?

Also, consider this: How likely do you think scum would be coaching DeathRowKitty-scum right now? His wagon is close to lynch. Wouldn't it be more prudent for them to just bus if he's scum?

Apparently, Corvuus's concerns about DeathRowKitty bridge previous and current games. Corvuus claims he's looking at intragame consistency, and DeathRowKitty is concerned with Corvuus's previous metagame of him. I'm tired and don't really want to read yet another game, but I'll indulge my compulsion anyway; what game are you talking about, and is this relevant to our game?
DTMaster wrote:Likewise the discussion in my QT support a NS town read.
Is this because he passed messages back and forth between you and someone else in their entirety?

Remind me in a couple of days to get back to this thought; it's related but gagged.

Thoughts on DeathRowKitty: DeathRowKitty is pushing, in his death throes, a nigh-impossible lynch. In addition, I get the feel that he genuinely believes farside22 is scum. On the other hand, this is pretty much a repeat of populartajo, and that worries me. I need to take a breather and weigh these thoughts, see which side of the scale tips.

That said, Feysal wagon needs some loving. If it cannot happen today, please push it tomorrow.

Another thought coming in a separate post.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Corvuus wrote:DRK: unless you are trying to pick a fight with me, i'm not sure what your point is.
My point is that you attempted to give a meta read on my play even though my meta is different from when you played with me. Considering I was and still am the leading wagon, your saying I always look scummy, despite having read my posts and seeing that I was playing differently from the game from which you were drawing the meta read, just reads as scum giving an excuse to stay off of a mislynch.
FoS Corvuus

farside wrote:I would call this a null read.
Sorry I can't be online 24 hours a day to respond. When I did my hmm response only tajo and jack said anything about you at the time.
Okay. I didn't notice the hmmm post until now. It doesn't change much though. As far as I can tell, "hmmm status" is roughly equivalent to an IGMEOY, which is more or less fencesitting when a wagon is forming.
farside wrote:I also love how you ignore every person who didn't make a case and argue with only those who have an opinion.
There's not much to argue about when someone just say "vote: DRK lolurscum." Plus, in all honesty, I'm not sure votes based on this post (and the post after it) were unwarranted. My contention was that you saw my wagon forming and pulled up random crap from my iso so you could say you made a case.

@Benmage
Is your vote on me based on the current happenings in the thread or something you've come across in your reread? If it's based on now, how does what's going on now make me scummy?
Andrius wrote:DRK, you look just like I knew you before. :(
omg what is with people in this game and equating my "recent" games to this game? >_< If you have played with me in the past 10 months or so, you don't know my play style. If you think my play in this game is like a game I've played in the past 10 months (and especially if you're referring to my play from the last few pages), you are having memory issues. Install some more RAM and try again.
Equinox wrote:DeathRowKitty: You mentioned that you asked for Lady Lambdadelta's opinion of the Jack-Nobody Special interaction because s/he essentially ignored it in his/her comments. Why only Lady Lambdadelta? IIRC, there were others who didn't comment either (e.g., Equinox).
(ic wut u did thar)
LLD was the only follower of NS that had posted. I found it strange that someone who had been talking to NS via PM wouldn't have some sort of reaction to what Jack said.
farside wrote:Reading Corv's post I'm doing a complete 180 and calling that slot scum.
Uhhh...does anyone know if farside buses as scum?

pre-post edit:
Equinox wrote:I'm tired and don't really want to read yet another game, but I'll indulge my compulsion anyway; what game are you talking about, and is this relevant to our game?
If I say "no", can we just pretend that game never existed? >.< Open 259. Corvuus replaced in as scum on page 21. I was in from the start as town. Honestly though, you can get my point just from reading my iso (there's really not much to read there....) and looking at the dates of my posts.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by Equinox »

Preview edit: DeathRowKitty, fair enough on the Lady Lambdadelta point. Thanks for the link.

We have 5 days to discuss this.

If my understanding is correct, each of DrippingGoofball's rewards can be granted only once every 4 days, and she can bestow only one gift per day.

The rewards are, needless to say, powerful. If at all possible, I want the town to have control over this. I have two reasons for this: 1) DrippingGoofball has to post the decision in public anyway, which means there is no chance to keep the recipient hidden from scum, so there isn't a point to keeping the decision-making process secret; and 2) we get to watch how the decision is made. Scum would love to have either of those rewards, and I believe they are going to try to rig the process their way. Make it a public election and we get to analyze people's decisions right here without having to rely on DrippingGoofball to reveal what goes on in her QuickTopics.

That said, there is the option of passing. I can think of a couple of good reasons why we should pass on Day 1; however, we have the revelation from DrippingGoofball that these powers are actually useful in the Day 4-6 range, when things start coming down to the wire. That should be around the time that the cooldown wears off if these powers are granted Days 1 and 2; therefore, it would be a waste not to grant today.

Uh, that just brings me back to square one, doesn't it? Okay. The point of all this:

I want DTMaster to receive NK immunity.

Yes, I called Zang scum earlier. Mina's piece of Zang metagame had me thinking, and DTMaster's play thus far has essentially redeemed his slot entirely and then some. He is playing a very strong, analytical game, and at the rate he's going, he is going to get his face shot. I want him to be around for at least another day to continue analyzing the game to death. I have seen him nab slippery scum; I have high hopes he will be able to do the same here.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:34 am

Post by Corvuus »

Fishy: PM or send me our quicktopic link.
--------
DRK: I'm still not sure why you are attacking me if you are town. You're basically encouraging me to vote you and I'm not sure why you would do this when the stated position of farside, etc. is that your actions are 'scummy', etc. and that you are scum that must die and I'm not agreeing with the final conclusion based on my prior experience with you. So the question is, do you actually care what I really think or are you just generating noise?

Do you really wish me to just agree with Farside's view of you this game? Do you want me to lynch you?
--------
Farside: I actually think you are town so I'm going to attempt to ignore how your comment reflects on you. I don't have a case on DRK, nor am I building one, and what meta argument that DRK is scum are you talking about? If you actually read what I wrote, DRK-meta and his actions do not fit scum, I'm confused/intrigued by this but I can not discount the existence of scum day talk. If scum day talk did not exist at all, then I'd say DRK is more likely town based on his actions, not just meta considerations.
--------
DTmaster and Equinox: You both are interesting in that you have gambits and plays and are either 'smart' town or 'smart' scum trying to lead town.

Frankly, I'm sort of wtf at both of you since I had a feeling of where it was going to lead up to, and then you both are arriving at it but I guess that is because deadline is in 5 days.

DTmaster: When I said the only thing i get from you is the fishy-ish is because that literally was all that was around when DGB made his post (and I think part of your 'code thingy'). So his declaration was spawned by something and if not based on his PM, etc. then it was based on your fishy declaration? My statements by no means contradict since the only thing I could see DGB reading and 'changing' his mind on is that and with 800+ posts in day 1 what else is there to say. I will also state that I personally think scum God is either DGB or NS and my question was meant more on what DGB thinks than a reflection on you DTMaster.

Equinox: I can make blanket statements since that is how you get reactions. If DGB or DTmaster flubs their response, does it really matter if I am 'fully understanding all 800+ posts'? No. In fact, i can literally say whatever I deem necessary and you can judge why I am saying it but by saying outrageous things you definitely get a response.

DRK posted the link for you. I don't believe it relevant per se but I did read a little bit of DRK in other games at the time.

With regards to 'hedging' my bets. I'm not sure of DRK's alignment. I'm not going to vote someone who I don't actually think is definite scum and i'm not going to defend someone who may be scum. If you claim I am hedging, then why are both you (DTmaster, Equinox) going for non-DRK (Feysal?)?

-----

Hito: Tajo-town always has a high statistical chance of catching DGB-scum. Somewhat verifiable fact. DGB is immortal so things are slightly different but DGB is kind of acting like scum in response to Tajo.
-------------

I'm personally wtf at what DTmaster and Equinox are doing.
DTmaster, is this part of your gambit/code? Or are you acting separately/independently?

Corvuus
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:51 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Corvuus wrote:Do you really wish me to just agree with Farside's view of you this game? Do you want me to lynch you?
Is this a threat?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:54 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Corvuus wrote:Hito: Tajo-town always has a high statistical chance of catching DGB-scum. Somewhat verifiable fact. DGB is immortal so things are slightly different but DGB is kind of acting like scum in response to Tajo.
This is the same not-answering-the-question, only now with the word statistical in front. Let's say I wanted to 'somewhat verify' this 'fact'. What piece of info am I missing?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Equinox wrote:
I want DTMaster to receive NK immunity.
I love you kid, but it's my decision. Your suggestion is respectfully considered in the making of this decision.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:18 am

Corvuus wrote: Hito: Tajo-town always has a high statistical chance of catching DGB-scum. Somewhat verifiable fact. DGB is immortal so things are slightly different but DGB is kind of acting like scum in response to Tajo.
Yo

If you want to talk
statistics
, you have to show several points of data. Don't make claims that you cannot support.

As an
anecdote
, I can show you a recent game where I caught tajo as scum - check Convict's Revenge in Theme Park.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:48 am

Post by farside22 »

SpyreX wrote:Hey farside you never answered that question about the actual state of my reads.
What question?
This one?
And those little snipes are awesome and all but where's the rub? Me saying people are town and saying people are scum? OHH THE SHOCK AND HORROR.
That looked like sarcasm.
I disagreed with your thinking on tajo as maybe scum. I disagree with your thoughts on Mina, I find it more OMGUS and the me=weird/cmar slot is non-vocal, but I found me=weird to be scummy.
You have since changed your views on tajo I believe but have said nothing about DRK. What is your view?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:59 am

Post by farside22 »

DRK the scum wrote:There's not much to argue about when someone just say "vote: DRK lolurscum." Plus, in all honesty, I'm not sure votes based on this post (and the post after it) were unwarranted. My contention was that you saw my wagon forming and pulled up random crap from my iso so you could say you made a case.
backtracking 101 for scums. I see you took the class, you must have failed as your case has failed.
I already proved I didn't like your game play before.
Saying hmmm is equivalent to IGMYOU is just your way of trying to say my views were not real.
You can't have your belief, saying I never had any suspicion then backtrack to make it sound better.
Your case has been proven invalid and you have nothing else because your scum making a weak ass case.

I also love how you only get active when attacked but still do very little scum hunting through-out the game.

@Corv: I will discuss my thoughts about you later. I need to get ready for work.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Equinox »

Oh, great. The guy who tunneled to the point of blindness got replaced by the guy who WIFOMs himself out of everything. Kill Corvuus, too.
Corvuus wrote:DRK: I'm still not sure why you are attacking me if you are town. You're basically encouraging me to vote you and I'm not sure why you would do this when the stated position of farside, etc. is that your actions are 'scummy', etc. and that you are scum that must die and I'm not agreeing with the final conclusion based on my prior experience with you. So the question is, do you actually care what I really think or are you just generating noise?

Do you really wish me to just agree with Farside's view of you this game? Do you want me to lynch you?
I'm still not sure why you think DeathRowKitty
can't
attack you if he's town. He's basically looking for scum, and the only way to really do that is to get reactions out of you. Threatening to OMGUS him when you claim that you can't vote him because you aren't sure if he's scum is terribad.
Corvuus wrote:I don't have a case on DRK, nor am I building one, and what meta argument that DRK is scum are you talking about? If you actually read what I wrote, DRK-meta and his actions do not fit scum, I'm confused/intrigued by this but I can not discount the existence of scum day talk. If scum day talk did not exist at all, then I'd say DRK is more likely town based on his actions, not just meta considerations.
If you're going to excuse every single town read you've got by saying there's scum day talk, you are not going to get anywhere in this game. Day talk is powerful, but there are limits to what it can do.
Corvuus wrote:DTmaster and Equinox: You both are interesting in that you have gambits and plays and are either 'smart' town or 'smart' scum trying to lead town.
Even your town reads are mired deep in the sea of WIFOM! Think about what the two of us are saying and how any of it benefits scum. We both probably have an agenda (I know I do); what's the agenda?
Corvuus wrote:Equinox: I can make blanket statements since that is how you get reactions. If DGB or DTmaster flubs their response, does it really matter if I am 'fully understanding all 800+ posts'? No. In fact, i can literally say whatever I deem necessary and you can judge why I am saying it but by saying outrageous things you definitely get a response.
Considering that your "reaction test" consisted of misrepresenting DTMaster's points, I don't see how you could read their reactions. They're not going to flub it; after all, it's there in the thread, and scum don't make stuff up as they go because they need to be consistent. The response you would've gotten from both town and scum was, "Hey, you're doing it wrong." That's what you got.
Corvuus wrote:With regards to 'hedging' my bets. I'm not sure of DRK's alignment. I'm not going to vote someone who I don't actually think is definite scum and i'm not going to defend someone who may be scum. If you claim I am hedging, then why are both you (DTmaster, Equinox) going for non-DRK (Feysal?)?
All right, stop right there.

You aren't sure of DeathRowKitty's alignment. For all the talk you've made so far, all we're left sitting with is a null read of DeathRowKitty. If I got this situation down correctly, you've got a townish read of him but fully discount it because of the possibility that scum are coaching him; therefore, you can't really accuse him (except you just did above) or really defend him (except you just did above).

Well, then, time to get sure, methinks.

Accusing us of hedging is silly. Hedging is, "Well, I mean, he
could
be scum, but he could be town, too..." We're saying outright that Feysal is scummier than DeathRowKitty.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:18 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

I finished skimming ( sorry can't do better T_T ).
1> What DGB said about Andy made me reconsider my opinion of him. Now we have an awesome masonry where roleclaims are shared with our almighty goddess.
2> I don't get why people think Feysal is scum tho.
3> DTM is like completely different from the last game I've played with him @@, but for the good I presume.
4> DTM brings good point about Fish-town. But maybe he couldn't think of doing that.
5> TMH looked like furious townie, Covy is bleh.
6>
Vote:DRK
. I think this scum ought to be lynched today. Fluffy LL ought to get hanged tomorrow.
7> Other towns are Equi, farside, tajo, Jack.
Justice will prevail
\m/
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:32 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

farside wrote:I already proved I didn't like your game play before.
How many times will I have to say this before you stop trying to argue around it? wrote:My contention was that you saw my wagon forming and pulled up random crap from my iso so you could say you made a case.
You voiced vague suspicions of me earlier. "Hmmm...DRK seemed better last game" and "DRK makes me go hmmmmmmmmm" are both valid fencesitting statements. After either of these, you could have, if you had wanted to, decided I was town. Are you not reading what I'm saying or are you just intentionally avoiding it?
farside wrote:Saying hmmm is equivalent to IGMYOU is just your way of trying to say my views were not real.
Okay, now this is just getting ridiculous. My argument against you is that you saw I was drawing suspicion, then went and made up crap so it looked like you were special and had a case. You're arguing a completely different point.
farside wrote:You can't have your belief, saying I never had any suspicion then backtrack to make it sound better.
Point out explicitly where I backtracked. Quote me.
farside wrote:Your case has been proven invalid and you have nothing else because your scum making a weak ass case.
The farce you are claiming to be my case has been proven invalid. Congratulations. You have successfully invented a case against yourself and proven it wrong. Go pat yourself on the back.
farside wrote:I also love how you only get active when attacked but still do very little scum hunting through-out the game.
This again? Yes, I got active when I was voted. We went over this when you put out your initial FoS. I'm lazy. I didn't post enough. SO SUE ME. As for getting more active when I was attacked...NO SHIT. If you don't post more when you're being attacked, you're doing something wrong.

tl;dr
I'd like some of whatever you're on. I could use a break from reality.
nopointinactingup wrote:6> Vote:DRK. I think this scum ought to be lynched today. Fluffy LL ought to get hanged tomorrow.
Nice to meet you too.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:40 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Forgot to mention...someone in NS's priesthood has ensured that another player is permanently bulletproof for the rest of the game so long as this player is alive, but would like to remain unclaimed for the time being.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Nobody Special »

hitogoroshi wrote:
@Nobody Special:
Where did your farside-scum read come from?
Up until I mentioned my scumread on her, she was flipflopping all over with reads that (to me) made no sense. She has since settled down; I'm changing that to neutral for the moment.

@Corvuus: My vote is still on your playerslot because I haven't seen a reason to move it yet. Convince me.

@Equinox: I've been playing messenger for one of my Followers. It's coming; you'll (hopefully) like the results of this thing.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Andrius »

Hellooooo scumgambit.
NS, stop trying to be as cool as the Goddess of Rewards & Co.

Equinox is an honorary Priest to Rewards, as he's ovtown. :D

lol @ nopoint finally seeing I'm town. :roll:
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Equinox »

Nobody Special, you stated earlier that DeathRowKitty is scum, yet just now you stated that you have no reason to move off the Corvuus wagon, despite the fact that DeathRowKitty has an actual viable wagon going.

How do you figure that?

Also, answer to my question regarding themanhimself's meta would be cool.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Andrius »

He figures that because he's scum, obviously.
And he's getting away with it.
All his town-supporters should move to the Land of Rewards. Much nicer over here.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I am uncertain about DRK at this moment.

Also, I have very little experience playing with TMH, so nothing useful there.

Andrius, why are you so confident that DGB is town?
....what?

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Andrius »

1) She's open to us about the going-ons within the high priests supporting her
2) her dayplay is great
3) you're ovscum so she's ovtown

srsly, I've been saying this all game. Are you just not even reading?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Of course I'm reading. I wanted a concise summary.
....what?

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Equinox »

Nobody Special wrote:Also, I have very little experience playing with TMH, so nothing useful there.
:igmeou:

(To the ladies and gentlemen in the audience, I have not-inadmissible evidence that proves otherwise but cannot reveal. I'm going to keep an eye on Nobody Special... as always. Sigh.)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Andrius »

I think we should ALL keep eyes of NS.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Equinox »

Hold on. I goofed. The evidence
is
inadmissible. Ignore 846.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:53 am

@ NS

Is the granting of the perma-bulletproof your idea/approval? You can speak to me heart to heart. We are both immortals.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”