DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Post by DTMaster »

You know as fishy-fishy scum god, I would cause deadline lynches all over the place (it's midterm season, good way to capitalize on inactivity). Just saying you know. The only reason why you wouldn't do that is if the scum team is that bad/lurky/etc.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Aside: Benmage's questioning on Andrus is a little off, due to the DGB town read. I don't know, it's not really logical if you contrasted these posts:

Andrius :I've already offered to claim to my Goddess.
Benmage: Why?
Benmage: I think DGb is town.
Benmage: But do you have any idea if you'd be claiming to the scum god or not?

The issue is resolved with a town read. The flow from questioning Andruis and declaring DGB makes be regard the first catch up post to be fluffy. It's not something you can draw alignment from if you already have a read on DGB (the reason was given).

The whole exchange was funny.

Also Feysal's comments about his vote after Tajo pointing it out is suuuuupppperrr bad on Feysal. Plus when Feysel does vote it's on a "meh read". The whole "Benmage is also not voting" reads as deflection. He also fails to comment on LLD/Fishy as he calls it "no big deal". I'd be miffed, but more ok with "no reads". I'd rather have "I think this". There's a bunch of information for the sake of information here, and nothing insightful. I'd be leaning scum since this contributes to the whole: "posting for the sake of posting argument".

I also note that Feysal did quote Tajo's argument with his post, and stated that his vote and Benmage's weren't being used. Did Tajo force a Feysal to vote? I think so.

Unvote, Vote Feysal

Sleep time, superior wagon lies here.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I'm still bothered by the Tajo case. You know, considering that he's attacking people who's scummy (and he attacked DRK for buddying him rather then go for the lurker case) I don't support this wagon. I mean, he's doing
everything right by scum hunting while defending
. People need to stop reading the DGB issue and start reading his other cases.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Spyrex wrote:Now, maybe, we can pull together and get rid of the Hope Diamond slot that curses all who touch it (because it is scum).
I agree that there really are Hope Diamond slots that are more than a statistical fluke. A player replaces in while far behind as scum. They peck at the occasional in-thread contribution while promising a "catch-up post"; but they are so nervous they'll "slip" as scum (and oftentimes the slots replace in with a bit of pressure on them) that they never feel safe posting the catch-up. That makes them lurk more, which gets more pressure and makes them worried more, and soon they too replace out.

I'm willing to let it slide for now because of DGB's report on the quicktopic happening, but I'll be keeping a strict eye on nopoint.

@Jack:
I'm curious as to how Andrius is one of your top two scumreads.

@Nobody Special:
Where did your farside-scum read come from?

DTM reads super-town off of these catchup posts. There are some points we disagree on (most notably re: Tajo), but too tired to argue, and he raises some novel points I want to mull on.

DRK's V/LA ends tomorrow; very curious for his input.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hi zoraster. Thanks for the prod. *cough* Speaking of which, that could actually end tomorrow (today in my time zone actually) if fail levels reach critical mass....and fail levels are running pretty high right now.

In the interest of not catching up on I-don't-want-to-know-how-many-pages at 5am, I'm likely going to mostly address things directed at me/the case on me for now. If there's anything important I'm supposed to be responding to and anyone is on to read this, feel free to point it out.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:40 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

So I wrote up a bunch of this post and then accidentally closed the tab it was in. I reserve the right to be somewhat snippier in this draft.

First thing's first:
Unvote
. DTM's posts so far have been better than Zang's were, at the very least.
farside wrote:DKR: Explain your scum list. IE: Why do you suspect those you listed?
If I had significant reason for my suspicions, I would have given more reasoning in my post. I was asked for my top scum picks and that's what I gave. Put it under the heading of: Reasons Why I Didn't Give My Suspicions Earlier.
farside wrote:DKR really is rubbing me wrong with his response to tajo at the moment and I couldn't agree more with Jack on that vote. I know scum have a harder time saying who they think are scum and why.
To be fair, I was intentionally obtuse in my responses to tajo. At some point after I'd written both posts (might have been before I submitted the second), I read them and thought I kind of sounded like a jester.
CMAR wrote:IMO, DRK was scummy since D1.
VOTE: DRK
Hi. Nice of you to drop by for this and then replace out.
Equinox wrote:DeathRowKitty's page 2 iso shows scum naming but no scum hunting.
I was specifically asked to name who I thought was scum :s

Am I allowed to name more scum reads without significant reasoning? :shifty: Benmage is now scum. Super tunnelvision cath-up post gogogo.

[quote="The Mod]Please note: I will not be counting any more votes that are not posted on a separate line. I don't mean to be needlessly anal about this, but I'm going to miss a vote one day, and it might be an important one. Post votes on a new line.[/quote]Isn't this against the spirit of the whole "If it looks like a vote, it counts" rule? Sounds to me like this rule just encourages voting gambits :s (or accidental voting "gambits")
farside wrote:DRK: Why did you ask this to LL
DeathRowKitty wrote: LL, what do you think of the Jack-NS thing?
When all you did was LOL at the situation.
I thought my thoughts on the situation were clear enough from my first two posts on the situation (in hindsight, maybe they weren't....). I asked LL because she'd posted since that situation had arisen (and possibly even referenced the situation, though I don't actually remember) without giving an opinion on it.
farside wrote:first few post full of fluff.
I'll remember to be more productive during pre-game in the future.
farside wrote:I don't like this answer about short deadlines
DeathRowKitty wrote:I would prefer a relatively short deadline at first that Fishy extends only if necessary. I'd rather we start out feeling a bit rushed and get more discussion time later than start out feeling like we have a lot of time and watch the deadline roll over us.
Why is rushing better day 1? Why would anyone town want discussion later?
The second question is a misrep (blah blah, I didn't word it clearly). The first question is better suited for MD, but I'll answer if you really want to get into a theory argument.
farside wrote:Votes for TMH then in the same post states:
DeathRowKitty wrote: Blah blah, subtle town vibes from TMH. It makes me sad that it's possible someone who's town did what TMH did.

Leaving my vote where it is for now.

Why?
I've already explained this somewhere. Go look for it.
farside wrote:Next vote is on hito with no reason

Jumps on the LL wagon, to the Zang wagon.
I'd given some sort of reasoning on hito in an earlier post and I certainly gave some sort of reasoning with my Zang vote (also, I think there were 2 votes on Zang before I voted him, so I would hardly call that a wagon). Do you have a problem with my Zang vote or is your problem with it just that I changed my vote?

Then has the fight with Tajo.
farside wrote:He jumps from BW to BW with no real scum suspects noted now.
Yes, I've jumped from the hito wagon that I'm pretty sure consisted only of myself to the LL wagon that probably contained no more than 3-4 people including myself to the Zang wagon that I'm pretty sure contained 3 people including myself. Unless you think my votes themselves are scummy, this is a meaningless accusation.

[Note: this is where I accidentally deleted my post last time.]

...nothing else crucial to respond to the last few pages. Cool.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:43 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Mod, can you fix the failed tags in that post, please?
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Corvuus »

Hi,

I'm by no means caught up. I just did iso on a few players and read a few pages around areas of interest.

----

I read Jack and the slot i'm replacing (themanhimself). I would agree with my slot except for the fact that in the opening post on scum, it states that scum have a day chat quicktopic and given that, even though it is like Jack claiming some 'weird' like day 1 massclaim/gambit, etc. it isn't at the very least a scum slip since he did it expressedly on purpose. Given how incredibly powerful scum daytalk is, I actually like the gambit since 'polarizing' issues get reads and stands and I like how Jack handled it vis a vis town tend towards polarization while scum tend to calculate/hedge.

unvote

============
It is mildly important to figure out scum God but not something to inherently worry about since the only "real" way to truly tell scum God would be based on overtly scummy actions such as 'abusing' their power/retroactive reflection. This might only happen closer towards lylo or, if broken, happen in the beginning and just not care that anyone/everyone knows.
-----

I don't understand the point of the key word thing. Explaining it ruins any possible point but I'm interested in why; after whatever it is you want is accomplished.

-----

DRK generally always looks scummy regardless of alignment. It is his nature.
His exact responses and exchange with tajo is interesting.

Tajo and DGB are interesting in that each have a specific meta/interaction based on whatever their alignment is. Leaning tajo-town, DGB could be town or scum but slightly more likely to be scum since DGB voting tajo doesn't make strong sense if DGB-town.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:16 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Corvuus wrote:DRK generally always looks scummy regardless of alignment. It is his nature.
You were only in one game with me and I prod-dodged through...pretty much the entire thing. What specifically about my actions this game do you think make me look scummy?
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:28 am

Post by Corvuus »

ugh, hit submit instead of preview.

at any rate,

I don't understand why NS is voting me (or left his/her vote on me?). From ISO, you put your vote and then wander off to do other things. Is this pressure vote or what?

----

I'm also interested in LL, benmage's reasoning/thoughts.
Benmage view is somewhat leaning townish to me right now but i'm not clear on LL.

LL: themanhimself's comments make sense in the point of view that he truly believed Jack is scum and that (in terms of polarizing) people are either town who are 'ignoring the obvious/lazy/etc. etc.' or scum who are defending their buddy by attacking the person who is 'jumping up and down' on something that people want to move past. What do you think? Since, ironically, in polarizing cases, it is somewhat easier for scum to pick off the extreme townie instead of the original target.

DRK: Actually, it seems like your play style and meta has changed. You actually seem to be scumhunting and more interested in lynching scum than just trying to 'omgus/save yourself'. Whats going on?

edit note due to DKR posting: Regardless of what you do in a game, it reveals your nature. If you don't agree with me then that is fine but your style tends to inherently strike me as scummy which is why I am interested in what you are doing this game as per my point above. i.e. you tend to be inherently scummy yet you are making an effort to be town. so.... as above... whats up?
Corv
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:40 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

DTMaster is town! Thank gawd.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:47 am

Post by Corvuus »

why do you say that DGB?

The only thing i get from DTMaster is his slightly abnormal obsession with Fishy being scum God and shortening deadlines.

C
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:50 am

Also, tajo needs to report to the QT.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:58 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Corvuus wrote:DRK: Actually, it seems like your play style and meta has changed. You actually seem to be scumhunting and more interested in lynching scum than just trying to 'omgus/save yourself'. Whats going on?

edit note due to DKR posting: Regardless of what you do in a game, it reveals your nature. If you don't agree with me then that is fine but your style tends to inherently strike me as scummy which is why I am interested in what you are doing this game as per my point above. i.e. you tend to be inherently scummy yet you are making an effort to be town. so.... as above... whats up?
The game you saw me in was during a stretch in which my playstyle was to prod-dodge and do nothing. I currently suck slightly less. Just slightly. How much had you read when you wrote up your first post?

Update on LA status: I was LA because there was something that was supposed to be taking up a lot of my time until tomorrow night. Considering it seems kind of likely it will amount to nothing anyway, I'm likely off of LA. Will probably know for sure within the next few hours. Unless I say otherwise, assume I have normal access again.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:58 am

Corvuus wrote:why do you say that DGB?

The only thing i get from DTMaster is his slightly abnormal obsession with Fishy being scum God and shortening deadlines.

C

That's because DTMaster's judgment of the game shows evolution from post to post, and the changing of his mind as he sees evidence. That is not compatible with having a certain agenda as scum, he weaseling one's way to stick to it.

DTMaster is diabolically clever, though. I'm keeping my eyes opened, but for now he's town.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:36 am

Post by Equinox »

FEYSAL WAGON. DO WANT.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my chance of a lifetime. I'm declaring my love of DTMaster right here and right now.

Unvote, Vote: Feysal

(I have another reason for this: For some reason, it's easier to get a wagon on DeathRowKitty than it is to get one on Feysal. I'd like to know why.)

DRK: Actually, it seems like your play style and meta has changed. You actually seem to be scumhunting and more interested in lynching scum than just trying to 'omgus/save yourself'. Whats going on?

Corv

Uh... what was the point of this question, Corvuus?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Equinox »

...did I just italicize instead of quote? :lol:
Corvuus wrote:DRK: Actually, it seems like your play style and meta has changed. You actually seem to be scumhunting and more interested in lynching scum than just trying to 'omgus/save yourself'. Whats going on?

Corv
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:46 am

Post by farside22 »

KRK Scum wrote:I've already explained this somewhere. Go look for it.
You go look for it. I did my research.
I'd given some sort of reasoning on hito in an earlier post and I certainly gave some sort of reasoning with my Zang vote (also, I think there were 2 votes on Zang before I voted him, so I would hardly call that a wagon). Do you have a problem with my Zang vote or is your problem with it just that I changed my vote?
Your next post for hito was as follow:
Looking back on it now, I'm not sure my suspicion based on that made much sense. I think my reasoning was something to do with scum being more interested in setup-related issues and less in the game itself.
Which is what you were doing yourself as far as talking stats and he was scum hunting before you, so your point for the vote was what?
Yes, I've jumped from the hito wagon that I'm pretty sure consisted only of myself to the LL wagon that probably contained no more than 3-4 people including myself to the Zang wagon that I'm pretty sure contained 3 people including myself. Unless you think my votes themselves are scummy, this is a meaningless accusation.

TMH, LL, Zang
Are you really counting a useless vote that went nowhere with a oh I thought reason as a valid vote.
Your doing more following then a priest should do.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:05 am

Post by zoraster »

DeathRowKitty wrote:Hi zoraster. Thanks for the prod. *cough*
Ack! My bad.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:06 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

farside randomly pointing things out and hoping something makes sense wrote:You go look for it. I did my research.
It took me under a minute to find in my iso. Clearly you didn't do enough research.
farside wrote:Your next post for hito was as follow:[...]Which is what you were doing yourself as far as talking stats and he was scum hunting before you, so your point for the vote was what?
Are you sure you actually read my posts...? My reasoning was explained in an earlier post (in fact, I think it was in my first post with content)....or are you objecting to me changing my mind about how scummy something was?
farside wrote:TMH, LL, Zang
Are you really counting a useless vote that went nowhere with a oh I thought reason as a valid vote.
My hito vote was more serious than my TMH vote, which I just arbitrarily left on him until I found someplace useful to put it. Once again, are you
sure
you actually read my posts?

As far as I can tell, you saw votes build up on me, then went back and made up crap so you could say you contributed to the DRK case. No, vague feelings of "hmmm...I remember DRK playing better last time" don't count as having had suspicions of me before then. Die scum.
Unvote, vote: farside22
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:08 am

Post by farside22 »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
farside randomly pointing things out and hoping something makes sense wrote:You go look for it. I did my research.
It took me under a minute to find in my iso. Clearly you didn't do enough research.
farside wrote:Your next post for hito was as follow:[...]Which is what you were doing yourself as far as talking stats and he was scum hunting before you, so your point for the vote was what?
Are you sure you actually read my posts...? My reasoning was explained in an earlier post (in fact, I think it was in my first post with content)....or are you objecting to me changing my mind about how scummy something was?
farside wrote:TMH, LL, Zang
My hito vote was more serious than my TMH vote, which I just arbitrarily left on him until I found someplace useful to put it. Once again, are you
sure
you actually read my posts?

As far as I can tell, you saw votes build up on me, then went back and made up crap so you could say you contributed to the DRK case. No, vague feelings of "hmmm...I remember DRK playing better last time" don't count as having had suspicions of me before then. Die scum.
Unvote, vote: farside22
^omgus vote
scum for the win here people.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:11 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Voting for someone voting for you != OMGUS
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:21 am

Post by farside22 »

So you don't know where it is and want to call me out. Nice
So why did you drop your case on hito if you had something then?
Lets ignore the fact farside called DRK on following each BW with Zang, LL and TMH but hey it's all good. Keep ignoring my points. Lets see why everyone else is voting for you that you are not asking things about:
mod wrote: DeathRowKitty ( 5 ) populartajo, Jack, nopointinactingup, Equinox, farside22, (L - 5 )
Jack ( 2 ) Corvuus, DTMaster (L - 8 )
tajo scum list no reason
jack vote hop
jack hop again
CMAR vote with no reason
equinox makes a case

Yes I'm so scummy for making a case, how dare I as everyone else who voted was so much more wittier then me. :roll:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:22 am

Post by farside22 »

DeathRowKitty wrote:Voting for someone voting for you != OMGUS
When your case is crap. Abso-fucking-lutely!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:27 am

Post by farside22 »

WHERE ARE YOU DRK. In your crap case against me you forgot to mention my fos on you as well

viewtopic.php?p=2783189#p2783189

DIE SCUM DIE!!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”