Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by Fate »

I apologize if my attacks offended anyone. Sometimes I forget that those of you that are dense may just very well be scum playing to your win condition by being afraid of my role.

Vote Count:

Battousai: 4
(Katsuki, vezokpiraka, Reckamonic, Midnight's Sorrow)
Midnight's Sorrow: 2
(Nero Cain, KDub)
vezokpiraka: 2
(Riceballtail, Battousai)
Reckamonic: 1
(Fate)
Fate: 1
(PranaDevil)

Not Voting:

BunnyLover
bv310
Chronopie
Starbuck

Lynch:

8 votes.

Deadline:

February 17th - 2:00 AM EST
Last edited by Kise on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Fate »

PranaDevil wrote:
Fate wrote: HOW does it help scum? It doesn't. It helps town AND let's me use my role effectively to catch multiple scum.
For someone who's been here a year, you're dense as fuck.

How does it help scum? Let me list some ways:

Scum know exactly how well they're blending in (while otherwise they are only guessing based on people's comments. If I only have a slight read on someone I wont necessarily call them out on it, scum would be thinking they're playing well, and slip further because of it. If I announced I felt they were likely scum, they would pull themselves in). So that's point one.

Scum would then also know exactly who the most obv town players are. If this works out to being one of them, then they know exactly who to keep looking extremely pro-town out of their group if there's a need to bus. Point two.

If there's a couple of people causing trouble for scum, but aren't viewed as that "obv town" could also be killed by scum while knowing there's almost no chance of a doc protect (and if it appears there is, then they'll have a nice small list of who likely protected them. Namely those who felt they were town). So there's a third point.

Anyone who shows up as town (and as far as scum are concerned, IS town (they wont know if it's town or opposing scum) will be ignored regarding night kills because it's almost guarenteed the doc would protect them. Meaning scum can look elsewhere and get a free kill in. Without the lists the scum might not be entirely sure, and would target the player, meaning scum lose a kill. Point four.

That's merely off the top of my head. Those are some fucking important things for scum to know, I see absolutely fuck all that would help town though, beyond your "but my wole wud be gud!" Which is bullshit in the first place.

The fact I'm having to fucking TEACH YOU THIS FATE is fucking ridiculous. You're going to play the fucking "dur, I don't know how it's anti-town to reveal full lists, dur!" card despite being here longer than me (albiet only be a week), and think you wont get called on it? Fuck that shit. Either you're a complete plank who needs to go relearn the basics, or you know full well how it's anti-town and are pretending to be a dumb fuck and were hoping you wouldn't get called on it.

You're scum who is attempting to pull the wool over the town's eyes by bullshitting about a role.
1. What does it matter if scum know whether their seen as town or not? If everyone sees them as town their bound to coast/get careless/play differently. Looking for unnatural changes in behavior is what scumhunting is ALL ABOUT.

2. See #1. If we see someone "obv-town" bus and yet they continue to live, well one they'll get crosskilled which means they are down the person they bussed and down themselves. And two its common sense to look for bussing. Town/Scum lists don't affect this.

3. Scum already know who's likely not a doc protect and who is. Killing someone on the "fringes" "safely" is just a regular casualty of MAFIA. The way you focus on this point REEKS of a scum mindset though, which supports my earlier theory of scum resisting my plan.

4. How is this different from point 3? Whats WRONG with scum NOT trying to kill obvtownies who are getting protected? The obv-townies get to live and catch scum. Seems to be a pretty beneficial for town.

5. I've already told you how it will help town. You are refusing baselessly. If I pull any shenanigans I will be lynched immediately, but I've already PROMISED
all will be made clear after I claim, but this claim comes AFTER all the lists.

6. Attacking my experience is laughable, you're not teaching me anything. You're just arguing mafia theory and you're going to lose, besides the fact that in this game in PARTICULAR with MY ROLE that only I KNOW, my plan is the most pro-town.

7. Check-mate. Make a list or get lynched.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

bv310 wrote:
Nero Cain wrote::eek:
I think this game would be more bearable without Fate.
QFT. I'm not going to post a list that, at best, does absolutely nothing. Fate, even if your role does work the way you said, by claiming that you're going to be using that role tonight, you're going to be dead by tomorrow. Why would we bother to give the scum something to work off of for ABSOLUTELY NO net gain?
I'm glad you agree with me but your still scum.

Fate wrote: I don't suppose you'd know anything about being protown though Nero Moron
LOOK @ who cant read.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Fate »

"Scum: Iecerint (If/When he flips)
RBT's miller claim may be gambiting scum
2-3 of {bv310/MS/MoI/Starbuck/Bunny/Batt}

All other varying degrees of town"

I want a scum list AND a town list. Not just a "all others are town."

Please and thank you Chrono.

"Vezok-scum
MoI- scum
Chrono- scum
"

Same to you Batt.

"Town: Starbuc, Reckamonic, Fate, Prana, kdub, nero cain, BL

Scum: RBT, Katsuki, MS, batt, bv, chrono
"
Thank you Vezok. First to comply=major town points.

"Reckamonic wrote:
you can sheep Fate, he's town.

But DTM, Iec, Zodiark, Nero and Dutch are all scum, so don't listen to them.

This still holds (mostly) true.

But don't sheep Fate anymore, he's voting weird

If I had to pick a fifth scum, I'd go with Kdub.
I'm getting lots of townreads from this game (MS, Fate, RBT, Vezok, Prana...)
"

Thanks Reckdram.

"
Scum: Reckamonic (if DTM is scum and their are no 2 teams he is town), Vezo, Bv130, PranaDevil, Battousai, Starbuck
Town: Kdub, MoI, DTM, Fate, Iecrient, Midnight's Sorrow, Nero Cain, Chronopie, Riceballtail, Katsuki"

Oh maybe Bunny lover was first. Thanks Bunny.

"
Fate:
I'm going to assume the setup is either 12/3/3 or 12/5/1, so 6 scum (most reasonable guess given multiple NKs). My scum picks: Midnight, Bunny, bv. I need 3 more, so I'll go with gut and say Magna, Reck, DTM. If I'm not allowed to have null reads, you can assume anyone I didn't list is a "town" read."

Town list as well please. There is a reason for this, I promise Kdub.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Fate »

LOOK @ who cant read.
Not sure what this means.

Please post two lists Nero.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Fate wrote:5. I've already told you how it will help town. You are refusing baselessly. If I pull any shenanigans I will be lynched immediately, but I've already PROMISED
all will be made clear after I claim, but this claim comes AFTER all the lists.

6. Attacking my experience is laughable, you're not teaching me anything. You're just arguing mafia theory and you're going to lose, besides the fact that in this game in PARTICULAR with MY ROLE that only I KNOW, my plan is the most pro-town.

7. Check-mate. Make a list or get lynched.
1 - 4. All rubbish arguments against what is perfectly logical and sound issues with your "plan". But then, at this stage you're arguing it for the sake of arguing it, because to suddenly back down would be evidence that you're scum.

5 - You mean those lists some people have already made clear we're not posting? On your bike miss.

6 - It's exactly what I said earlier "Do as I say, and only as I say, or I'll be pissed" right? No trying to play well, no trying to properly hunt scum, no, just Fate dicking about and trying to shout down anyone and everyone who points out how piss poor the plan is.

What's more, even with the tiny, tiny chance that you do actually have that role and are town (I don't believe it, any role that hinges solely on making everyone else play anti-town is only ever scum or third party based, or made up entirely and not a role at all), you're basically just trying to base your reasoning on the back of "I'm Fate, do as I say, RAAAAAGE!" Which... is a shit tactic.

Thankfully I know it's just you being you, but using that fact to get people to act anti-town to help your scummy win condition.

7 - You mean you, by yourself, are going to lynch me?

Oh, and my vote will now stay on Fate for this entire day phase, unless we have idiot scum who blatantly out themselves. But I think you'll find that Fate's as good as done that.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by Fate »

1-4. I can't back down because my role doesn't work UNLESS this plan goes through. I know you're trying to blatantly ignore my softclaim, but it remains clear as day and all the town in this thread should see as much and comly. You're the one arguing for the sake of it because if you 180 then you're caught and if you go through with it my role will catch you.

5. More people have posted lists than not. The ranks of the refusers are: bv, RBT, Nero Cain, you. Really stellar grade A town players there, SURELY their decision is the best.

6.5. No more rage tactic. I was getting angry when I shouldn't have, because I figured this would be clear as day. I didn't predict scum like you to scurry around and blatantly refuse the best course of town action.

7. I'll get you lynched using conventional methods, and yes it will likely happen. Especially since you've just claimed to vote park on a player with a confirmable role that catches scum when used properly.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by Fate »

6. Its do as I say, and I guarantee we'll lynch scum. No more fear mongering. Like I said you can still try to ignore my softclaim but its there and my role is provable. If it turns out I'm lying, THEN you can lynch me easily. There's no way you'll get me lynched without first complying with me and allowing me to claim my info. So who is the REAL anti-town person here?

The one trying to lynch scum through his role? Or the one sitting on a nowhere wagon because of a fabricated disagreement of Mafia theory?

Its pretty clear.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Sorry y'all, long weekend. I have a document going in Notepad, expect it later today as I have a class all day.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Battousai »

Fate: I don't know what you want... I gave you a scum list. I have no town reads so everyone goes in the scum list (but I point out who I find actually scummy and not really null).

PranaDevil- Ok, you refuse to post your list. Why not try scumhunting instead of fighting Fate with mafia theory and logic. If Fate is scum, then he should have a scumpartner. Why not try and find him/her?

Also I'm noticing people posting, but ignoring what I brought up about Vezok. This question is to everyone who hasn't answered (not Fate/Prana/MoI). Why did you ignore Vezok's claim of VT and MoI's fake daykill?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Katsuki »

Thanks kise for noting my V/LA... That prod hurt! :igmeoy:

/back, will post later today/tomorrow depending when I have time.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Is prana always this bad?
._.
meeeeeeep?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Battousai »

Do you always ignore questions?
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Battousai wrote:Fate: I don't know what you want... I gave you a scum list. I have no town reads so everyone goes in the scum list (but I point out who I find actually scummy and not really null).

PranaDevil- Ok, you refuse to post your list. Why not try scumhunting instead of fighting Fate with mafia theory and logic. If Fate is scum, then he should have a scumpartner. Why not try and find him/her?

Also I'm noticing people posting, but ignoring what I brought up about Vezok. This question is to everyone who hasn't answered (not Fate/Prana/MoI). Why did you ignore Vezok's claim of VT and MoI's fake daykill?
You realize when you play with Vez, having him be daykill, him claiming VT, is all blah. He's not a player that you want to see in the end game. If a person claims VT, oh well, yes its a townie dead, but it wasn't a power role.
MoI Shooting (faking) Vez was nothing strange. MoI made a connection between Fate and Vezo (kinda), so its not like anyone was shocked by the fact.

Basically because it was Vezo, we all ignore it.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Battousai »

Ok, that's Bunny's answer. Now for others...
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:46 am

Post by bv310 »

I'm used to MoI faking daykills early, and Vezo taking it seriously is nothing new. I'd call both null, leaning Town on Vezo.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Battousai »

Why leaning town?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Kdub »

Fate:
OK then, if null reads are not allowed, then my town list will be Kdub (obv), Nero, Prana, Chrono, vezok, Fate, Starbuck, Battousai, RBT, Katsuki, Iec.

I have an idea of where Fate might be going with this, so I'll wait to see what he comes up with before I pass judgement on his request.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Battousai »

Kdub- Well?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Fate »

I'm glad Kdub sees. Battousai its a specific request, so please comply.

Town: Name, name name

Scum:
Name
Name
Name

etc.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Battousai »

I did that... ok for clarification only the first two on my scum list I feel are scum, the others have not proven their towniness yet.

Town: Battousai
Scum:. vezokpiraka, Chronopie, KDub, Nero Cain, Reckamonic, PranaDevil, Midnight's Sorrow, Fate, Starbuck, bv310, Riceballtail, Katsuki, Bunnylover
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Fate »

You have no town reads.

You are a scummcScumbag, thats for sure.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Fate wrote:You have no town reads.

You're demanding information that people may not be able to fully have yet. If everyone already knew who scum are this early in D2, why do scum win so often?
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Battousai »

Yesterday, I didn't see anything that said a player was obv town. So no, I do not have any town reads.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Fate »

Riceballtail wrote:
Fate wrote:You have no town reads.

You're demanding information that people may not be able to fully have yet. If everyone already knew who scum are this early in D2, why do scum win so often?
Take a shot, do your best. Thats ALL IM ASKING.

I'm not saying you have to be RIGHT.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”