CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:31 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Andrius wrote:Good deal.
Now I can claim NK-Immune Vig to DGB.

JACK.
WHY YOU GOTTA BE OVER THERE WORSHIPPING NOBODY.
COME OVER HERE.
I WONT STAB YOU WITH A LIGHTNING BOLT AGAIN. :twisted:
Yay now I can LOL :D about this! Reading :)
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

Andrius ( 1 ) Jack,
populartajo ( 1 )
DrippingGoofball,

hitogoroshi ( 0 )
me=weird ( 2 ) SpyreX, farside22,
SpyreX ( 0 )
Equinox ( 0 )
farside22 ( 1 ) Mina,
Feysal ( 1 ) me=weird,
Mina ( 0 )
themanhimself ( 3 ) hitogoroshi, Lady Lambdadelta,
Nobody Special,

Benmage ( 0 )
DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
Jack ( 3 ) Andrius, themanhimself, Zang,
Lady Lambdadelta ( 2 ) DeathRowKitty,
Fishythefish,

Zang ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 4 ) populartajo, Feysal, Benmage, Equinox,
Total Votes ( 18 )

Deadline: February 14th at 23:00 EDT
With 18 able to vote, 10 needed to lynch.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@farside: yes.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:34 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
I LIKE FRUIT

What am I going to do with a unicorn? Can they haul fruit out of the temples' back doors up Mount Olympus?

The unicorn was for sacrifice.
DIGUSTING!!! May you be caught in a rainstorm of arrows without an umbrella, foolish mortal. Take sail now and bring me a pineapple if you want to diminish my anger.

In other news, Zang needs to hang.

VOTE: Zang
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

Farside wrote:SpyreX - I really can't say I'm a fan of spyreX back and forth about Jack. First Jack is town, then
Jack's upping the stakes makes no sense as a town gambit, then he is against lynching Jack. He placed one vote for Me=Weird and just responds with more fluff then scum hunting.
Of course...there's no back and forth there.

Jack is town. Futher, lying as town (the town gambit part) makes no sense when he upped the stakes. Thus, STILL AND ALWAYS, I am against lynching him.

As this progresses, however, its obvious this needs to be dealt with one way or the other because *gasp* this is going to be the major talking point every day.

Which is reinforced here:
SpyreX: What do you mean by post 214?
If the idea is 'testing jack' lynching against (i.e. tmh since King Lord Scum Brazil, MD can't be lynched) makes far more sense.
Jack claims Nobody Special claimed scum, an allegation Nobody Special denies. Nobody Special states that the only communication that went between him and Jack at this point was Nobody Special's request for a claim and Jack's 2-3 word response. Why did you think Nobody Special was lying?
Every bit of the tone. Especially the "SPYREX IS NUMBER TWO DEATH LURKER OHH SNAPP".

Or, to put it a different way: If I could summon a bullet to pierce the heavens and smote the false god, it'd be NS. And I'd be right.

Much like Me=Weird is going to be scum that floundered BUT ALAS.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Jack »

I feel better about feysal.

Benmage is posting more elsewhere I think.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

When I said "we should slow down a bit", that was just at Equi and LLD, not fuckin'
everyone
Feysal wrote:So much about that, for now. My top suspects are SpyreX and Andrius. I've played with them both before with them as scum, and I am getting the same kind of feel from them now. For SpyreX, the read is mainly due to his early stance on Jack, and for them both it is about them being in the background without really doing much.
I can name more than a half-dozen people who are in the background without really doing much. What makes those two so special?
SpyreX wrote:Jack is town. Futher, lying as town (the town gambit part) makes no sense when he upped the stakes. Thus, STILL AND ALWAYS, I am against lynching him.
Yeah, this has a lot of truth to it.
Or, to put it a different way: If I could summon a bullet to pierce the heavens and smote the false god, it'd be NS. And I'd be right.

Much like Me=Weird is going to be scum that floundered BUT ALAS.
I like both of these points. NS is, I think, the most likely scum god, and M=W's early rep out is a little grimy. Very interested to see what CMAR has to say.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

hitogoroshi wrote:When I said "we should slow down a bit", that was just at Equi and LLD, not fuckin'
everyone
I did my part.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Zang »

Equinox wrote:Yes, this is different from the other stuff I've seen Jack-town do, but the result has been pretty much the same. The reason I say there's town motivation to this is this particular gambit with him introducing inconsistencies to get reactions from specific people.
It's not that this isn't the type of gambit he usually does. It's that in the four games I've played with him, I haven't seen him do any gambits. 
Equinox wrote:The only lynch themanhimself has pushed all day is Jack. I'm pretty sure that isn't "just suggested."
Sorry, I misread.
Equinox wrote:Zang votes Jack, which isn't unexpected given his sentiments in that wall. But what I don't get is why he FoSed themanhimself. The times he mentioned themanhimself in his wall was to point out funky logic, and yet Zang came to the same conclusion that themanhimself did: that Jack's gambit didn't have town motivation and was, therefore, scummy.
Besides Jack, he's the closest thing I have to a scum read. Why can't I find someone scummy that's voting the same person as me?
Nobody Special wrote:I see you've not played much with DGB. Or have you and you're trying to send a message to your scumGod?
I played with her once about a year ago but I lurked through the whole game. So, pretty much no.
Nobody Special wrote:You'll note that to answer part of my question, you didn't even need to read this game. Thanks for ignoring me, scum.
I couldn't even respond to that.
Nobody Special wrote:They aren't lurking at the same level you are. Besides, they aren't presenting as totally scummy, like you are, either.
Really? Benmage only posted once to say that he's catching up and Brokenscrapes didn't even post.
Nobody Special wrote:I'll just put this out there -- how, exactly, are we going to confirm the alignment of ANY God, since the Gods don't flip?
I don't know but if there is a way then I think we should do it.
DrippingGoofball wrote:I LIKE FRUIT
And I like reasons for why people are voting for me. 
Equinox wrote:We all know Zang is scum, so moving on
Why am I scum? Because I'm lurking? Everybody is saying that I'm scum but I have no idea why. 
Jack wrote:Benmage is posting more elsewhere I think.
I don't blame him. This game is boring, confusing and long.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Equinox »

I'm in the middle of responding to stuff right now, but I felt that I had to pull this gem out for special consideration.
Zang wrote:Besides Jack, he's the closest thing I have to a scum read. Why can't I find someone scummy that's voting the same person as me?
How the heck does that work? themanhimself finds Jack scummy because he can't see any town motivation for Jack to do what he did; you find Jack scummy for pretty much the same reason, yet you have themanhimself down as a "scum read."

LOGIC ERROR DETECTED
VOTE: Zang
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Post by Equinox »

hitogoroshi wrote:LLD is female. The "Lady" seems like a bit of a clue :p
IT'S A TRAP

RE: Feysal's post 279

Feysal asked Jack why he didn't confide details about his gambit to Nobody Special. I forget if he said this following a question or spontaneously, but he did state his belief that it would have been of benefit for Jack to do so. It was in that post where I felt the slip occurred; Jack-town confiding a gambit to Nobody Special-town is a good thing, but Jack-town doing so to Nobody Special-scum would be harmful. At that early stage of the game, any sensible town would have been guarded towards their god and understand that other town would be similarly cautious. Feysal's assumption about Jack and Nobody Special led me to believe he slipped, and I questioned him about it.

His response is what you see in post 279.
Feysal wrote:Of course, the scum god and priests knowing it was a gambit would've enabled them to give calculated responses. Spotting those might even have been easier than trying to separate townies wanting to lynch Jack for his lie from scum who see easy prey.
The first sentence sounds like this idea about the scum god and calculated responses was an afterthought. The second sentence is an attempt to justify the first sentence; the term "cognitive dissonance" comes to mind here.

Spoiler: Response to Feysal
Feysal wrote:What do you mean I fell for it? I believe I was the first to mention Jack's reputation for town gambits, some posts after themanhimself had speculated on it being a scum gambit. Having seen a scum gambit from Jack, I was left wondering which one it was here, since I could not see his purpose.
The trash bin ain't that far from the door...

Look at the following two quotes from post 158:
  • Feysal wrote:Did I get this right? You said that Nobody Special claimed scum to you, and you are accusing DrippingGoofball of being scum?
    Feysal wrote:"Her?" I got it right all right. You are accusing DrippingGoofball and her priest Andrius of being scum, in blatant contradiction to your claim.
If you felt the need to ask Jack at that point to explain his contradiction, you fell for the gambit. That's it. I did not call you scummy for it; as someone else mentioned and as I know from experience, Jack's gambits often catch townies who haven't yet played with him. I just felt that it was interesting to note, since I thought it was fairly obvious at that point that Jack wasn't entirely serious; I guess I was wrong to assume.
Feysal wrote:I admit that I am verbose. Does this matter?
The manner in which you are verbose matters.
Feysal wrote:It was a mistake on my part. I wrote in #279 that we might have a better chance of finding scum among those who jumped off Jack, and posted before checking who those people were. Then I realized it was just you and hitogoroshi, and posted that as a correction, since you are one of my better town reads.
Feysal wrote:Should've checked the vote counts before posting that... now I see you and hitogoroshi were the only ones who jumped off Jack, and
I did not intend to come off like I was accusing you
:?
Feysal wrote:Also, SpyreX was not really answering the question he was asked. He explained why he thought Jack was town, when the question was why he thought Jack was telling the straight truth.
I went back and dug that up. SpyreX answered my question.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:15 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Well, after skimming the new posts,
unvote

Seeing LLD and TMH as probably town-on-town for the moment. Well, maybe. I think TMH is more likely town of the two and I'm not sure LLD is a great place for a vote right now. Also now seeing hito as town. Meh.
Equinox wrote:
In post 229, DeathRowKitty wrote: Vote: Andrius Unfortunately I think he's town :/
Why did you think Andrius was town at this point?
It was mostly (or maybe entirely? I don't quite remember) for this. I wouldn't expect scum to be willing to lock themselves into a claim this early by choice and it doesn't sound like something he would make up if he and DGB were both scum.
Equiniox wrote:
In post 241, DeathRowKitty wrote: I figured I'd leave my vote on earlier to at least let it do something before I changed it in the same post I made it.
Explain, please.
I was referring to my TMH vote from my catch up post. Aside from a brief skim of the thread (mostly just reading short posts and reading 1 or 2 lines of longer posts), I wrote that post as I was reading the thread for the first time. At some point during that post, I decided TMH was scummy, so I voted for him. I then started getting townvibes off him later in the post and noted as such. Having no particularly strong scum reads, I figured it would be better to have my vote somewhere than nowhere at all and kept it on him.

I'm not really seeing the Feysal case because...uhh....I'm just not seeing it. Pretty null on him right now.

As for Zang....having some trouble thinking through this one, so I'm going to ramble until I decide something.
Suspecting someone that suspects someone you suspect is not, imo, a scum tell necessarily. There's a little something called confirmation bias that town is prone to that allows town players to pretty much throw logic aside when reevaluating players they've already declared a read on and it's even easier for this to happen to a player not reading that closely. Of course, that doesn't mean this is actually the case here. [insert 5 minute pause here while I iso Zang]

Vote: Zang
I'm kind of seeing it now. To be honest, I gave up on trying to figure out whether or not it was scummy for Zang to find both Jack and TMH scummy and tried to read him on the basis of other things he's posted. What actually stood out most to me was the following:
Zang wrote:
themanhimself wrote: P-edit: Jack claims that NS claimed scum to him via PM and NS says that he didn't. One of them is lying. If Jack is scum he probably didn't realize that the town knew that the scum knew who the evil god is, so he figured he could make this insane gambit and have everything NS says discredited.
Why would Jack assume that?
For the amount of posting Zang had to work with, I find that to be an odd thought for him to pull out to comment on. Seems like something town would be more likely to gloss over in a several page read-up, whereas it would probably stand out more to scum, since he would be in possession of the perspective to which TMH was referring.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 am

Post by Benmage »

Jack wrote:I feel better about feysal.

Benmage is posting more elsewhere I think.
Much more elsewhere. I am not 15 pages behind elsewhere and so reading slightly and posting from my phone works. Whereas skimming here when already being so far behind isn't sufficient to be able to provide anything of worth. My V/LA ends tomorrow evening and this game will be a priority.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Mina »

hitogoroshi wrote:Speaking of bumper crop of lurkers...perhaps we should slow down a bit and let the other kids catch up. I've been in multiples games where a fast-paced town absolutely killed some of the townies.
<3

I stayed up to close to 5 AM last night rereading this game, trying to finish a post. But I start work in a minute. So I'm going to do something extremely out of character.

Mina's Giant Catch Up Wall Post of Doom

UNVOTE: farside22
VOTE: SpyreX

The End.

Did five different people just have a heart attack?

(Seriously, I posted my suspicions in the god QT, and I actually waffled a lot over this vote, but I'll post a more in-depth explanation later.

It's weird that so many people have called Spyrex scum, but not one person is voting for him, by the way.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:43 am

Equinox wrote:
hitogoroshi wrote:LLD is female. The "Lady" seems like a bit of a clue :p
IT'S A TRAP

Dameda Zenzen Dameda! ;_;

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:58 am

I'm going to take a look at SpyreX, Zang, Feysal and Mina when I get back on a computer.

iPhones are lovely, but they aren't meant for doing Iso's and making cases @_@

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Zang - I reread the catch up post which as many quotes with one liners. I have no clue why the fos on TMH.
Nope second post no reasoning for the FOS, except he was the closest thing he had to a scum read.

Zang is bitching about the game, wow I sense bitterness. I hate people who bitch about games and don't try to make it better or help move it along, or if your confused why the fuck you don't ask questions then?

I don't like Zang more for the lack of scum hunting. I think the only valid comment he made was about NS pointing out his inactivity and not mentioning others like Tajo or Benmage. I don't like N.S. response even less.
Other then that it's one liners with no real reason's stated. Also why would you go into a game if the concept confuses you in the first place?

Jack - I think Jack is town. He's confusing me a bit, but he looks into things people say and comment about it, it's more off handed then I like. I think I need to finish my read of everyone before I can decide 100% were I sit will Jack.

I just have LL, but I don't have the brain power to do that read today.
As of this point my scum list has:

Me=Weird/CMAR
Andrius
spyrex
Hito

people who make me go hmmm
zang

The I have no read and lack of posting goes to:
benmage
mina
tajo
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I am also suspicious of Spyrex (as I've mentioned in a couple of QTs). The main thing is just that he's done very little, which isn't something I associate with townSpyrex. Most of his posting has been talking about Jack/NS, which is the easiest thing in the game to come up with an opinion on.

@Spyrex, Andrius: who is scum?

@LLD: do you have any response to my 345?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:50 am

@ FishytheFish: Why don't you ISO me. Because the answer to your questions is in there. I answered all the questions you asked for Equinox. Reading is tech.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:52 am

Benmage's rep is entering a nosedive.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:53 am

My followers need to check their QTs.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Benmage »

I put myself v/la until tomorrow evening....what's the issue. Even if I do nothing, absolutely nothing today (D1)(which won't happen) you can't lynch me. Now if it happened tomorrow as well I'd vote me faster than you could. I said I was behind and going on vacation was horrible timing and to bare with me because I've never replaced out and I can 180 this around. Do you think a replacement would be better? I don't. So quit dwelling on it. In 2 real days from now I've done nothing, string my ass up.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:05 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
My followers need to check their QTs.
Still making a catchup post, but do we have a QT?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@LLD: AFAIC, you answered one of my points in conversation with Equinox - saying that your suspicion of tmh wasn't for attacking Jack, but for tunnelling ridiculously on Jack. Which doesn't convince me; the point you believed in against Jack were
incredibly
damning - they pretty much guaranteed he was lying. From that, tunnelling on Jack makes total sense, and Fossing TMH for that doesn't.

If you have responded to my points that you lied about when you stopped going after Jack, and on TMH withdrawing from Jack when it was convenient, I can't find it. Please link?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”