Mini 245 - Stick Figures Mafia - Game Over!

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:25 pm

Post by Bacde »

But as already stated, since the doc isn't protecting anyone, the chances of choosing correctly and protecting against a kill is minimal.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:22 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Bacde wrote:But as already stated, since the doc isn't protecting anyone, the chances of choosing correctly and protecting against a kill is minimal.
we're not keeping the doc alive in hopes of a block, that is gravy. We're keeping the doc alive, because the cop is still hidden, and as long as the doc is alive, the cop is guaranteed an extra night if/when he comes out.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:33 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:12 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Interesting that changling bob is voting me, instead of the other claimed doc....
Karo
Karo
Townie
Karo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 am

Post by Karo »

Bacde wrote:Mathcam seems to be a good voice of reason, wanting us to lynch one of our two claimed docs, but I just want to let it be known right now that I think Karo is scum.
Taking a subtle shot at poor Karo, don't we? My reasoning was similar to that of mathcam. If you think I'm scum, vote me. :)
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:42 am

Post by Changling bob »

BabyJesus wrote:Interesting that changling bob is voting me, instead of the other claimed doc....
I find it interesting that this agrees with your point of not killing either of us to keep the real doc alive, and yet you still have to bring it up.
I guess this should change now ¬_¬
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:54 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Changling bob wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:Interesting that changling bob is voting me, instead of the other claimed doc....
I find it interesting that this agrees with your point of not killing either of us to keep the real doc alive, and yet you still have to bring it up.
Because
I
don't know which of you are lying.
YOU
supposedly do. It is interesting that you not voting Tyfo is keeping the real doc alive....

I'm still not voting you, as I think Blackberry is the best lynch today. Just making a comment.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:23 am

Post by Changling bob »

It neither helps nor hinders my position to vote for Tyfo. I know he's lying, and haven't really got any evidence to back this up to convince anyone else with. Seeing as there isn't really a big 'me or him' thing going on, I'm going to put my vote where I think it will be the most use.

On that note, I'm going to step back from myself now and say this:

Do you have any other evidence towards a blackberry lynch? Noting that blackberry hasn't replied to your accusation in 401, does anyone have any pressing reasons that we shouldn't lynch him?

I will probably get time to go through this thread properly again in the next few days, and will post any further thoughts then.

Unvote
I guess this should change now ¬_¬
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:14 am

Post by LyingBrian »

unvote

vote: Blackberry
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:27 pm

Post by Bacde »

I have to whole-heartedly agree with the sign I am holding up. And my awesome hairstyle. Way better than the mathcam poo-style.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:29 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote Blackberry

I still think lynching one of the claimed docs is the wrong play. And a Blackberry lynch should give us some information.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:14 am

Post by mathcam »

There's no way that scum's going to kill one of the two of them tonight, and then we're left in the same boat tomorrow. If "Why today?" is such an important question, then consider also "Why tomorrow?" or "Why the day after that?" Our numbers
decrease
as the game goes on, meaning we won't always have the luxury of being able to be okay with sacrificing a townie to get a doc. On top of this, there are several small factors which contribute to making the "Keep the doc alive to save the cop" plan...first, this totally neglects the existence of a back-up doc. Second, as the game goes on, the usefulness of a cop's early investigations decrease, as som eof the townies will be dead by the time he reveals. This is further exaggerated by the fact that early investigations will most likely be town...if a cop hasn't revealed by day 2, he probably hasn't pegged two scum (or is unsure of his sanity, which is another issue).

I'm not saying that lynching a claimed doc is guaranteeing us a scum (in fact, I think I'm the only one who seems to have expressed the possibility, however small, that they might both be telling the truth). But I just don't see how lynching Blackberry could be a better play than lynching someone with a 50/50 shot of being mafia. In fact, I think Tyfo's significantly more likely to be scum since CB claimed afterwards. So can someone explain to me how we're all so sure that blackberry is scum (say, better than a 50/50 shot)?

Cam
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:45 am

Post by BabyJesus »

mathcam wrote:There's no way that scum's going to kill one of the two of them tonight, and then we're left in the same boat tomorrow. If "Why today?" is such an important question, then consider also "Why tomorrow?" or "Why the day after that?"
Skimmer, because the cop is still alive. You really think they're going to let the doc live if/when the cop comes out? If the cop is dead, then the power of the doc is drastically reduced. Right now though, keeping him alive guarantees us an extra night for the cop while the doc lives.

fos at mathcam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:10 am

Post by mathcam »

Skimmer?

No, I don't think they'd keep the doc alive. The question is whether or not it's worth letting a mafia stay alive, and risk running out of time to lynch them all, to let the cop stay alive an extra day. This may seem obvious at first, but I assure you it's not. The cop may die independently before then, in which case we've just left the mafia alive for absolutely no gain. The cop's sanity may not be known, meaning we have even more wrong lynches before we get to an actual scum. There may be a back-up doc that can save the day instead. There may be a godfather, limiting the usefulness of the cop even further. I could go on.

If we believe that they can't both be docs, we have a guaranteed shot at hitting scum within the next two days. We'll still have the cop info when he comes out. This is better than anything that anyone else has offered.

Cam
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:13 am

Post by BabyJesus »

mathcam wrote:
Skimmer
?

No, I don't think they'd keep the doc alive. The question is whether or not it's worth letting a mafia stay alive, and risk running out of time to lynch them all, to let the cop stay alive an extra day. This may seem obvious at first, but I assure you it's not. The cop may die independently before then, in which case we've just left the mafia alive for absolutely no gain. The cop's sanity may not be known, meaning we have even more wrong lynches before we get to an actual scum. There may be a back-up doc that can save the day instead.
There may be a godfather, limiting the usefulness of the cop even further
. I could go on.

If we believe that they can't both be docs, we have a guaranteed shot at hitting scum within the next two days. We'll still have the cop info when he comes out. This is better than anything that anyone else has offered.

Cam
Yes, you're a skimmer. We lynched the godfather D1. It's now D2. I think we can afford to give the "docs" a day and see what happens.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:16 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, fair point. That doesn't say anything about the other collection of caveats I posted, though. Or do you have replies to any of those?

Cam
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:12 am

Post by BabyJesus »

mathcam wrote:Okay, fair point. That doesn't say anything about the other collection of caveats I posted, though. Or do you have replies to any of those?

Cam
certainly, next game it certainly could be viable to take our shot at one of the claimed docs. I simply think TODAY, day two, having lynched the godfather D1 and a hidden cop, the best play is to let it go for now and see what happens. Whicher one of them is scum isn;t going anywhere.
Karo
Karo
Townie
Karo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:14 am

Post by Karo »

Couldn't it also be possible that the mafioso we managed to pin down (at the cost of one doc) also has some sort of ability, like mafia-investigator or mafia-roleblocker or something? In that case it would be better to lynch one of them right now.
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:27 am

Post by shelper »

(in fact, I think I'm the only one who seems to have expressed the possibility, however small, that they might both be telling the truth).
Ha-herm...

As for the game at hand, i'm honestly stumped. What is berry's wagon based off again? His suggestion for the cop to come out combined with his refusal to lynch narn day 1?
[size=75][i]No, Im a rebel! You cant bully me into doing things I dont want to![/i] -VisMaior [/size]
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:28 am

Post by BabyJesus »

shelper wrote:
(in fact, I think I'm the only one who seems to have expressed the possibility, however small, that they might both be telling the truth).
Ha-herm...

As for the game at hand, i'm honestly stumped. What is berry's wagon based off again? His suggestion for the cop to come out combined with his refusal to lynch narn day 1?
yes. although I am more concerned with who didn't want to lynch narninian.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:24 am

Post by Bacde »

Oh duh, idea. We have our hidden cop investigate one of the docs. Seeing how the GF is already dead, this would garuntee us a scum lynch tommorow unless the cop dies in the night. Thus we'd just need our cop to come out tommorow.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:52 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Not to mention, I've seen Blackberry post elsewhere on site. Yet he mysteriously lurks and hides now with some heat on him. It's been 9 days since his last post in this thread. But he's around.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:31 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I don't think the cop should check a claimed doctor. We KNOW one of them is scum (yes, mathcam, there is a 0.00321% chance they are both docs), and that will sort itself out with the help of the scum as soon as the cop comes out. The cop would do far better to check one of the unknown quantities.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:22 am

Post by mathcam »

Fine, fine.
Unvote: Likely Scum, Vote: Possibly scum.
Sorry, forgot to put names in:
Unvote: Tyfo, Vote: Blackberry.

Cam
Karo
Karo
Townie
Karo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:24 am

Post by Karo »

That's five, if I'm not mistaken. Time to claim. Blackberry, are you a doc too?

And I agree with DP, the cop shouldn't waste a night-action on one of the claimed docs. I'd recommend one of those who have not voted on Narninian, which leaves... me (given BB is lynched). I'm fine with that. Make your choice.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”