Newbie 1040 ~ Murder in Newbville! ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:13 am

Post by mikemike778 »

AzBlueM wrote: LC, Uite, how comfortable are you guys being on the same wagon as your scum pick of yesterday?
I was thinking this myself ... to repeat previous posts, LC only stopped interrogating me (and it went from virtually every post attacking me to a complete stop to now sheeping my vote (to use the new 'in' phrase) upon being accused of role fishing. He said recently he still thinks I'm scummy yet follows me ... pretty much straight away. Hmm. Again Uite called me clearly the worst looking player and he followed as well.

Unvote

Again out of courtesy to the new bod (and yeah I know last time out I voted for Silverbullet whilst he was being replaced). Still think Reaper's replacement is top suspect though so will stay unvoting for now.

Interestingly was thinking about the different players here on my way to work and kinda had a mental erm 'thing' in my head about what I thought of them ... ie why they could could be scum, why they could be town and the only one I had nothing floating around my head about was Azblue for some reason. Probably need to iso her methinks.

Kish - can you start posting something please, its all very well being a man of few words but its meant to be a mafia forum game.

Over/under on replacements for the game - we are on 7 now I think. I'm going to go for 8.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:31 am

Post by LordChronos »

mikemike778 wrote:
AzBlueM wrote: LC, Uite, how comfortable are you guys being on the same wagon as your scum pick of yesterday?
I was thinking this myself ... to repeat previous posts, LC only stopped interrogating me (and it went from virtually every post attacking me to a complete stop to now sheeping my vote (to use the new 'in' phrase) upon being accused of role fishing. He said recently he still thinks I'm scummy yet follows me ... pretty much straight away. Hmm. Again Uite called me clearly the worst looking player and he followed as well.
Try reading more carefully next time, mike. I recently said you were scummier than AzBlueM, but not as scummy as Kish or RC. I followed you??? Seriously? I posted my suspicions of RC before you today, not after. If anything, you followed me.

Unvote; Vote: ReaperCharlie
I'm a talking computer.
AzBlueM
AzBlueM
Goon
AzBlueM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by AzBlueM »

Good gods, 8 replacements and we're only in D2.
Kit, deadline counter would be nice

Is it allowed to ask when exactly RC asked to be replaced? It'd help me consider what his five-post marathon meant. ( I lol'd at the "don't have time to explain" followed by 4 other posts)

mike, I think I'm finding issue with the fact that you're repeating your alignment is town. I don't think it's something that town would have to do.

Kishi, I don't think you've answered my question as to why you removed your vote after lynch, care to explain? Also, are you planning on doing any sort of catch up post?

Advanced warning: VLA this weekend (15-16)
Do not call me "he"

my pronoun is "she", I will

call you out on it
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:39 am

Post by mikemike778 »

AzBlueM wrote: mike, I think I'm finding issue with the fact that you're repeating your alignment is town. I don't think it's something that town would have to do.
Its relevant to explain my thought processes around why I've not found RC's hammer as scummy as some do. There's no other way of saying it really - could probably contrive some long winded paragraph saying pretty much the same thing but using language people would be less likely to 'take issue with' but that seems fairly pointless. Or I could just use Kish's approach and keep quiet about it I guess.

I fully expect everyone to take that town bit with a pinch of salt but its relevant in my own mind.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Uite »

LordChronos wrote:Not that I disagree that that post is scummy, but after arguing with Equinox about a mike lynch being better than a Charlie lynch (saying that Charlie's sheeping and sucking up were not as scummy as one or two posts from mike), that is definitely hypocritical.
Yeah, sorry about that. I haven't really been myself the past few weeks, and it's affected my gameplay as well. I really do think the points you've brought up against RC were solid and thorough, and I don't really have anything to add of my own at this point, hence the sheeping. As for the hypocrisy, I think you're referring to this:
Uite wrote:
Charlie wrote:Equinox, it is quite important for me for you to have a Town read on me because in all probability, I'd sheep your vote and I'll certainly not sheep it if you're voting/inclined to vote for me.
Others have pointed this out as well, but WTF Charlie?
I was actually taking issue with the first part of Charlie's statement, not the last. Worrying that much about others finding you town is scummy, at least from more experienced players, whereas sheeping isn't in my experience; just bad/lazy play.
AzBlueM wrote:LC, Uite, how comfortable are you guys being on the same wagon as your scum pick of yesterday?
I feel fairly comfortable doing so. Mike was mostly scumy from his early game play, and I musy say he's improved a lot since then. Case in point: his case on ReaperCharlie.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:32 am

Post by LordChronos »

@Uite

The hypocrisy point referred to Kishime, not you. Sorry for the confusion.
I'm a talking computer.
Kishime
Kishime
Goon
Kishime
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Kishime »

AzBlueM wrote:
Kishi, I don't think you've answered my question as to why you removed your vote after lynch, care to explain? Also, are you planning on doing any sort of catch up post?
I hadn't played in a while so I wasn't sure if you could unvote after 5 votes but before the mod locked the thread.

No catch up post necessary. I'm all caught up!
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:31 am

Post by LordChronos »

Then please act like it.
I'm a talking computer.
AzBlueM
AzBlueM
Goon
AzBlueM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by AzBlueM »

Is this game abandoned or is Kit coming back soon? Please prod FA if he's not posted by then.

mike, are you actually replacing? Why did you find it necessary to unvote after LC had already for the rep?

Kish, what does/did it accomplish to unvote;vote after someone is lynched?

Uite, you didn't argue w/Eq as to why mike was a better lynch, so I don't see how you'd get confused...I really don't like your word twist in the second quote, that was completely unclear in the original. Do you really have nothing on RC?
Do not call me "he"

call you out on it
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I'm here. Didn't say anything formally, but classes started this week, and I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'll be able to post something a bit more substantial tomorrow hopefully. I am disappoint at RC though. :(
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Please prod mike/Uite/anyone else who needs it.
I'm a talking computer.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Uite »

LordChronos wrote:The hypocrisy point referred to Kishime, not you. Sorry for the confusion.
Oops. Sorry.
Kishime wrote:No catch up post necessary. I'm all caught up!
Still, we'd like to see what you've got.
AzBlueM wrote:Uite, you didn't argue w/Eq as to why mike was a better lynch, so I don't see how you'd get confused...I really don't like your word twist in the second quote, that was completely unclear in the original. Do you really have nothing on RC?
First, what am I twisting that you're referring to? Second, I was having trouble getting a read on RC earlier, but the things LC and Mike pointed out really convinced me that he has to be scum. So yes, I don't have any reasons beyond what they pointed out, but they pretty much convinced me that he has to be.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

LordChronos wrote:Please prod mike/Uite/anyone else who needs it.
I'm still here but nothing else to add at thee moment ...
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

AzBlueM wrote:Is this game abandoned or is Kit coming back soon? Please prod FA if he's not posted by then.

mike, are you actually replacing? Why did you find it necessary to unvote after LC had already for the rep?

Kish, what does/did it accomplish to unvote;vote after someone is lynched?

Uite, you didn't argue w/Eq as to why mike was a better lynch, so I don't see how you'd get confused...I really don't like your word twist in the second quote, that was completely unclear in the original. Do you really have nothing on RC?

Why do you think I'm replacing ?
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:16 am

Post by LordChronos »

Why not answer the other question?

Why are you not voting anyone?
I'm a talking computer.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:35 am

Post by mikemike778 »

LordChronos wrote:Why not answer the other question?

Why are you not voting anyone?
Reaper was looking dodgy as hell and is my number 1 suspect (so would be my choice to vote) but ...

1. I just don't see the scum motivation for his postings so far (although I don't see town motivation either) which concerns me regrading his likely lynch.
2. Was surprised how quickly 1 vote became 3 when its 4 to lynch. Especially given who put these votes came down, looks a little like scum 'could' have been going for an opportunistic quick lynch

All things considered, I'd like to hear what his replacement (if a mod turns up) has to say. Kishi is also becoming really annoying with his non-posts and his lynch is looking more attractive - considering putting a vote on him.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Why did you unvote Reaper after I did?
I'm a talking computer.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:05 am

Post by mikemike778 »

See posts 400 and 415
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:54 am

Post by LordChronos »

Post 400: Unvote for courtesy.

Post 415: Alarmed at how fast wagon appeared.

But the thing is, I unvoted first. Why did you feel it was necessary to drop all the way down to one vote just because RC replaced out? Why still be worried about quickwagoning once I unvoted?

Also, you don't see the scum motivation for his posting but he is your number 1 suspect? Wow. So everyone else seems town to you?
I'm a talking computer.
Kishime
Kishime
Goon
Kishime
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Kishime »

mikemike778 wrote:
All things considered, I'd like to hear what his replacement (if a mod turns up) has to say. Kishi is also becoming really annoying with his non-posts and his lynch is looking more attractive - considering putting a vote on him.
This is more of that trying to lay low and being too afraid to vote crap. If you think I'm mafia, then VOTE ME. Don't say you're considering it. Who the hell cares if you're considering it?

VOTE: mikemike778
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:42 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Kishime wrote:
mikemike778 wrote:
This is more of that trying to lay low and being too afraid to vote crap. If you think I'm mafia, then VOTE ME. Don't say you're considering it. Who the hell cares if you're considering it?

VOTE: mikemike778
Lol ...

Quite amusing I've been accused of laying low and being afraid to vote by you all of people. Still this is probably the nearest to a content post from your good self so we are making some progress on getting you to open up.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:52 am

Post by mikemike778 »

LordChronos wrote:Post 400: Unvote for courtesy.

But the thing is, I unvoted first. Why did you feel it was necessary to drop all the way down to one vote just because RC replaced out? Why still be worried about quickwagoning once I unvoted?

Also, you don't see the scum motivation for his posting but he is your number 1 suspect? Wow. So everyone else seems town to you?
Yeah all of these things ..

Reaper was acting very strangely, very anti-town, I didn't understand what he was trying to do or why. I can see lots of things that make me think scum (see my original case) but at the same time if he was scum I'm not sure why he was saying what he was saying.

Don't really see the point of pushing for a lynch at the moment as the deadlines the 26th (if the game survives), lets see what the new guy if there is one thinks of things. People know where my suspicions lie.
Kishime
Kishime
Goon
Kishime
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Kishime »

mikemike778 wrote:
LordChronos wrote:Post 400: Unvote for courtesy.

Yeah all of these things ..

Reaper was acting very strangely, very anti-town, I didn't understand what he was trying to do or why. I can see lots of things that make me think scum (see my original case) but at the same time if he was scum I'm not sure why he was saying what he was saying.

Don't really see the point of pushing for a lynch at the moment as the deadlines the 26th (if the game survives), lets see what the new guy if there is one thinks of things. People know where my suspicions lie.
Way to avoid answering why you unvoted him back to one vote.
AzBlueM
AzBlueM
Goon
AzBlueM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by AzBlueM »

Kitoari has been prodded
she has 24 hours to respond before I prod KittyMo and ask her to replace mod. On the same note, I feel this game dying.
mike wrote:Over/under on replacements for the game - we are on 7 now I think. I'm going to go for 8.
I assumed you were referring to yourself when you said "I'm going for 8"
Why respond to my question at LC's request but not my own?

Kishi, your vote's already on mike. What are you hoping to achieve by re-emphasizing this?

Uite, in your original quote, it was unclear whether you were addressing the first or second or both part(s) of the quote. I saw the twisting part in attempting to mold what you had said into something else by saying you meant only the first part while it could have been either/both in the original quote. It rings particularly strange in my mind because I didn't see LC accusing you at all but I guess that's a matter of perspective. Your willingness to sheep to L-1 is kind of disturbing though.
FA wrote:I'll be able to post something a bit more substantial tomorrow hopefully.
This was Saturday, I'm holding you to it.
Do not call me "he"

call you out on it
Kishime
Kishime
Goon
Kishime
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Kishime »

AzBlueM wrote:
Kishi, your vote's already on mike. What are you hoping to achieve by re-emphasizing this?
My vote was on Uite. Learn to read please.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”