Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Guderian »

Mastin, why do you want to get information rather than lynch scum? If you want to lynch scum, vote DH.

Parama, how is it 'lolmeta'. If every game as town you post walls, and this game you are in one liner mode, it bears questioning over. You can't put it down to lolmeta when there is a fundamental difference to how people act/play as scum.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Kitoari »

Votecount #3

DemonHybrid - UntrodTripod, Guderian, Ross William, Empking (4)
evilpacman8 - Nachomamma8, Demonhybrid, iamausername, Parama (4)
UntrodTripod - tylerjarvis (1)
Guderian - bvoigt (1)

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to secure a lynch.

RossWilliam has requested replacement...
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Parama »

Well, because I don't post lolwalls in most games as any alignment.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Empking »

chkflip wrote:
VOTE: Empking
- his hunting, so far, seems fake. Also, if you're into meta, this is exactly how he played the above-linked scum game.
In what way. Honeastly, I doubt that very much considerring my prefered scum strategy in Lovers is completely different from how I plasy in any other game. My play in that game was wagonning and opportunitism with no original thought. I don't think that would be a fair assessment of how I've played in this game so far.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Calcifer »

Guderian wrote:Mastin, why do you want to get information rather than lynch scum? If you want to lynch scum, vote DH.
Nah, I want both. Given the chance between lynching one player who I think is scum, but gives little to no information...
...And a player who I think is scum, which'll give me a ton of information...

...I'll take the latter. Even if I thought Ross WAS scum (which I don't), then I'd want to lynch Evil/You/Demon, who I AM suspicious of, more than Ross, because all three of you have had beautiful interactions with others, giving a lot more information.
Information-->Good.
Lynching suspect-->Good.
Information AND lynching a suspect-->Great. Ross doesn't give as much information as you three, nor am I personally suspicious of him. Therefore, Ross is not the best lynch. Simple logic, to me.

-Mastin.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Calcifer wrote:
Guderian wrote:Mastin, why do you want to get information rather than lynch scum? If you want to lynch scum, vote DH.
Nah, I want both. Given the chance between lynching one player who I think is scum, but gives little to no information...
I really don't get that... because it's the wagon itself that creates the information... so "information" is always there at the lynch no matter who gets the noose.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Calcifer »

You people made me log into this account for no reason.

You can add DGB into the town column, though.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:46 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

I'm having a hard time getting reads this game. I feel like we're spending a lot of time and text on trivial stuff.

Mod: Can you update the OP with replacements?
I'm trying to skim and it's blocking my progress.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:57 am

Post by bvoigt »

Calcifer wrote:You can add DGB into the town column, though.
QFT.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:26 pm

A peanut sat on the railroad track
When the 5:15 came by,
Choo Choo! Peanut butter.

VOTE: DemonHybrid
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

DrippingGoofball wrote:A peanut sat on the railroad track
When the 5:15 came by,
Choo Choo! Peanut butter.

VOTE: DemonHybrid
How come?
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:42 pm

DemonHybrid wrote:How come?
Shhh, it's an experiment.

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by don_johnson »

thanks mastin. the explanation makes sense. though i don't agree with the entire thought process, i get where you're coming from. also, it appears rw has replaced out.

unvote, vote: guderian

for this:
i thought mastin's explanation was clear enough. dgb jumping on this point gives me pause as well.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:56 am

Post by iamausername »

Well, I'm trying to figure out what to post as a catchup, but nothing has really happened since I've been gone, so that's kind of difficult. Well, DGB turned up, that's always good. She looks like town DGB so far, I think.

Dearest Moderator, the following people are distinctly in need of prod/replacement:

Untrod Tripod
werewolf333

I don't think either of them are currently slated for replacement, and neither have posted in almost a week.

Unvote

VOTE: werewolf

I think we should wagon this guy just to see if he even notices.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:31 am

Post by bvoigt »

Yeah, werewolf logged in yesterday, and he's been posting in other places. Let's see where this goes.

UNVOTE: Guderian
VOTE: werewolf333
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:24 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm quite busy IRL right now so I'll have to catch back up when I can - just kinda proddodging atm.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:00 am

Post by nhammen »

Returning from Limited Access. Warning: probable wallpost incoming as soon as I catch up.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:07 am

I can interrupt my experiment for this one.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: werewolf

evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:27 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Good enough for me. he's top of my scumlist anyway.

vote: werewolf
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Parama »

Wow. We're really lynching a lurker?
What the hell, guys. What the hell.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Parama »

evilpacman18 wrote:Good enough for me. he's top of my scumlist anyway.

Confirm Vote
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:46 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I'm not switching. He has enough pressure.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:47 am

Post by nhammen »

Calcifer wrote:
nhammen wrote:Except, almost everyone had those two players as suspects at the time.
Not
quite
, nham. True, almost every single player was thinking one of them was scum...
...But Ross--to my knowledge--is the first to express how he thought
both
are scum, as I did in my post. That makes me think he's town, because he had a new insight which wasn't there before, that they were bussing each other hard. He obviously didn't say all of that, but it's definitely implied in his posts.
To my knowledge, everyone before that was just thinking one of them was scum and the other one town. Therefore, I see no sheeping. I see active participation. And from that, I come to the logical conclusion, that Ross is town.
I had to look back and check this. It seems that Guderian had implied DH and EPM scum on two seperate teams (or at least I saw this implication, although DH disagreed), iamausername had explicitly mentioned this as a possibility that Guderian should consider, and Parama had stated that he believed this. Then Ross came along, and contrary to what you have stated, did not even imply anything about bussing. I would like you to state what of Ross' you thought implied bussing. I also am wondering why you are so eager to defend him. (Although your other half has not been doing so). I really don't see any sort of new insight coming from Ross. I think he was just jumping on the easy bandwagon, or rather BOTH easy bandwagons.
Calcifer wrote:And I'm alright with the idea of one--possibly two--scum being lurkers, but half of them? Well, if we have 2-2 scumteams, I'd expect the scum wouldn't try lurking (the smaller the team, the more important staying active is), and if we have 3-3 scumteams, then I don't think 1-2 players from EACH scumteam (or alternatively, an ENTIRE scum team) would be lurking; that's just too many. Therefore, half the scum can't be lurking. No, most of them are in the active players list; I'm quite sure of it.
You do realize that at this time, half of the players in the game were lurkers, with half of the lurkers in line to be replaced?
don_johnson wrote:aaaaaaaaaannnnnddd parama claims scum. got it.
From the context of your post, this references post 54. Could you tell me how this is a scum claim, cuz I looked and am not seeing anything.
don_johnson wrote:76. nothing about nhammen says he's town. but you give him the "misguided" pass. i don't get it.
I hadn't noticed this at the time, but you are quite right. Point against DH here.
DemonHybrid wrote:Agree on everything. Everything else will be marked down as a contradiction.
This is far too demanding. Also, are contradictions necessarily scummy? And how can you honestly say that contradictions from a hydra are scummy?
don_johnson wrote:but instead you choose to argue the "noob" thing. anytime you want to start contributing, you let me know.
I'm getting kinda tired of tyler now too. I will admit that when I accused DH of targeting tyler specifically, I was wrong to do so, because there was nothing wrong with DH's attack. He just saw something before I realized how serious it was.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Calcifer wrote:Don't like his ender vote in 94 (several people had not given content--if memory serves--and I dislike how he singled out ender of them)
Yep, ender gives off that fresh NO0b scent, with notes of easy lynch. So I need to put UT in my questionable individuals column.
Calcifer was actually talking about my ender vote, and not UT, who has never voted for ender, and in fact is still on his random vote (whihc he has since implied has turned serious, but never stated). But, if you would like to know why I voted ender, it is because he had posted the least amount of content out of the people that I had noticed with that problem.
Calcifer wrote:
VOTE: Empking - his hunting, so far, seems fake.
Odd, looked quite genuine to me.
Same here. Plus, in a multiscum game, expect to see no fake hunting until one faction has been destroyed, so this is actually really bad reasoning coming from chkflip.
Calcifer wrote:About Ross: Another thing to consider about him is information. If we lynch him, what information do we gain?
Pretty much none.

When we lynch (in my current preference order) Evil, Guderian, or Demon, what information do we gain?

A heck of a lot more, I can tell you that right now. (Again, I do have this thought out fairly well, and can give the information on request.)
Good point. I agree with this.
don_johnson wrote:thanks mastin. the explanation makes sense. though i don't agree with the entire thought process, i get where you're coming from. also, it appears rw has replaced out.

unvote, vote: guderian

for this:
i thought mastin's explanation was clear enough. dgb jumping on this point gives me pause as well.
Just because they didnt agree with the logic presented doesn't make them scum.
Parama wrote:Wow. We're really lynching a lurker?
What the hell, guys. What the hell.
Those were some very fast 4 votes. However, at only 4 votes, I don't mind too much.
Parama wrote:

Confirm Vote
Agree completely. Bandwagoning, and his "top suspect" is a lurker? Although, then maybe I'm guilty of seeing fake hunting in multiscum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Empking »

Parama wrote:

Confirm Vote
Can he honestly say you weren't tempted to hop on the bandwagon/ That warm, loving, invititing bandwagon...
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Calcifer »

nhammen wrote:Same here. Plus, in a multiscum game, expect to see no fake hunting until one faction has been destroyed, so this is actually really bad reasoning coming from chkflip.
I was this was the case. But do you honestly believe that all scum are going to actually be looking for the other team as opposed to just aiming to survive throughout the day?
NAHHHHH

This EPM wagon gives me WAY too many happy tinglies to switch. We would be tempted to switch, though, especially if this game keeps lagging. We expect this to chance one the game hits about Tuesday or so, though.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”