Consulmaker II: the Pyrrhic War - Game over.

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Good morning! It seems we have two deaths today.

inHimshallibe, Gaius Fabricius Luscinus, Back-up Bodyguard, killed Night Two.

Dramonic, Epirote Commander, Pyrrhic Goon, killed Night Two.

Your consuls for today are
SpyreX
and
Primate
. You now have until January 2nd to vote vote tribunes. Have at it. (Ps: Yes, I have mod powers now. First post should be updated shortly.)
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:31 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Vote: Parama
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Porochaz »

vote Parama
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Nathanael »

Vote: ribwich

confirmed town is confirmed.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:32 am

Post by scotmany12 »

We are not letting ribwich be tribune after the shit he pulled yesterday.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Porochaz »

Its Nathaniel. By all intents and purposes, he should have his head on the block at the end of the day.
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Nathanael »

Porochaz wrote:Its Nathaniel. By all intents and purposes, he should have his head on the block at the end of the day.
what do you mean with "its nathaniel"?
scotmany12 wrote:We are not letting ribwich be tribune after the shit he pulled yesterday.
what ribwich did yesterday was a good move.
we did lynch scum, didn't we?
and I don't think Jack is scummy in any way. I wouldn't call him town, but I think he's null at worst. therefore saving him was the correct choice.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Porochaz »

I have found you intensely scummy everytime you post. Ribwich wasnt good yesterday, Im thankful for what he did but he was not a good spokesperson for the town. Also fence sitter is fence sitting.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Lowell »

scotmany12 wrote:We are not letting ribwich be tribune after the shit he pulled yesterday.
Remind me how rib forcing us to lynch reck was bad for us?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Porochaz »

Because despite it being the right decision, he went against the majority of the town.
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Nathanael »

Porochaz wrote:I have found you intensely scummy everytime you post. Ribwich wasnt good yesterday, Im thankful for what he did but he was not a good spokesperson for the town. Also fence sitter is fence sitting.
fence sitting is a bad thing because it may indicate scummyness.
but ribwich is confirmed town. he made a good decision yesterday. he is moderately active overall.
what else exactly do you want a tribune to be?
Porochaz wrote:Because despite it being the right decision, he went against the majority of the town.
a good tribune has to go against the town sometimes.
don't forget:
individual town decision > whole town decision
for some reasons:
a) a part of the "town" is scum
b) a mass is usually weaker/more stupid than the average individual. human nature.

therefore having a (even if mediocre, in your POV) single town individual making one decision is much better than if it is done by all together.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Feysal »

So, dramonic really
was
bussing his partner. Good thing he was night killed, the town points from the bus could have made him difficult to lynch.

The death of a backup bodyguard is also interesting. It implies there is a bodyguard also, meaning we have another confirmed town should that someone wish to claim. Which that someone obviously should not do, unless he ends up on death row.

The second death last night also implies another killing role. The bodyguard could not have killed dramonic without being killed himself, and the backup should not have had the power yet. Even though I suggested dramonic and reckoner might have been scum distancing, I doubt a town vigilante would have dared to go for dramonic, particularly with Jack still alive. That means there is most likely a serial killer. Carthaginians maybe?

One more thing, after yesterday I have a strong town read on scotmany12. If he and dramonic had been scum together, I'd think they'd have found some way to not bus their partner so early in game. I think I need to check the timeline, but for now I believe scotmany12 to be town.
scotmany12 #779 wrote:We are not letting ribwich be tribune after the shit he pulled yesterday.
I don't think it was quite that bad. I doubt we'd have gotten both dramonic and reckoner if he had not been there to veto Jack's execution, though obviously we can't give him credit for the scum deaths. He could not have foreseen that.

I would not mind ribwich being reelected, though I would prefer him to discuss his plans with the town before making another controversial move. We were fortunate dramonic had to put his executioner's axe where his words were, and no one vetoed the execution. I still think it would've been better if ribwich had made his case against reckoner, that would have discouraged anyone from vetoing. Now we had luck on our side.
Porochaz #780 wrote:Its Nathaniel. By all intents and purposes, he should have his head on the block at the end of the day.
I see you and Parama are in the same camp. However, I don't really agree on Nathanael being as scummy as you've depicted him. Particularly the part about delaying the execution was a catch-22. As we saw yesterday, the two days time to carry out an execution is really not very long, few people made any comments during that time. Extending the time would help with that, and if there was time before the deadline, I could do the same.

Then there is the fact that Nathanael (as Tasky) posted that he would not reveal his reads or reasons to avoid the scum messing with them. Now that he is no longer consul he has no reason to be secretive any more. I don't really disagree with the things he said and did during the first day, but I'd like to know what his reasons were.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Parama »

I'M NOT CONSUL WTF.
OH BTW RECK WAS SCUM THOUGH I WAS WRONG ABOUT DRAM OH WELL.

vote: SensFan
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Post by SpyreX »

[quote=Feysal"]The second death last night also implies another killing role. The bodyguard could not have killed dramonic without being killed himself, and the backup should not have had the power yet. Even though I suggested dramonic and reckoner might have been scum distancing, I doubt a town vigilante would have dared to go for dramonic, particularly with Jack still alive. That means there is most likely a serial killer. Carthaginians maybe?[/quote]

This is spot on with my thought process. I am junked at dram and reck being scum together and I'm having a REAL hard time processing Jack being scum with them which makes what should have been easy money a bit harder. I'm still leaning fat hard that way but.

Its tempting to lurker purge (Leon is lord of this with some compatriots Mert and Scot). I need to reread under the premise that Jack isn't the play. Nathanel is itchy in that way BUT I'd bet SK over mafia at the moment with the KILLER BACKRUB all over rib.

Unvote, Vote: Feysal

Sensfan, Poro, Panama are also acceptable.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Lowell wrote:
I never said us lynching reck was bad. It was a great move for the town. But I've lost faith in ribwich to make good decisions as tribune. I still don't think him vetoing jack was a good move. Sens is right. We're going to need to lynch jack, and sooner is much better than latter due to the information we can gain off of the lynch. There is too much risk to let jack live, and I don't trust ribwich to not veto and execution on jack.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:17 am

Post by Lowell »

scotmany12 wrote:
Lowell wrote:
I never said us lynching reck was bad. It was a great move for the town. But I've lost faith in ribwich to make good decisions as tribune. I still don't think him vetoing jack was a good move. Sens is right. We're going to need to lynch jack, and sooner is much better than latter due to the information we can gain off of the lynch. There is too much risk to let jack live, and I don't trust ribwich to not veto and execution on jack.
I don't understand this explanation at all. Call a spade a spade. Ribwich did right by us, I say let him try again.

vote rib for tribune
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Parama »

I am not a country I am not a country I am not a country I am not a country

After yesterday, anyone voting ribwich for tribune deserves a bullet to the face.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Porochaz »

@Mod, Can you colour in the players alignments in the first post? Thanks!

Done.
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Nathanael »

rethinking, Jack is likely town, considering how hard dramonic was going after him. he was already bussing reck, I don't think he would bus two partners.
scotmany12 wrote:We're going to need to lynch jack, and sooner is much better than latter due to the information we can gain off of the lynch. There is too much risk to let jack live, and I don't trust ribwich to not veto and execution on jack.
this is fallacious. we do absolutely not need to lynch Jack. he is for all purposes back at null, IMO he is even slightly townish. There is really no reason why he would be scum over someone else.
if he does scummy things, we will lynch him. otherwise, he is just as good a lynch as a random lynch, and that's not particularly good.

If I can get a confirmed townie tribune, I don't see any reason not to. And since you definitely aren't going to vote me, ribwich is the obvious tribune-choice.
Feysal wrote:Then there is the fact that Nathanael (as Tasky) posted that he would not reveal his reads or reasons to avoid the scum messing with them. Now that he is no longer consul he has no reason to be secretive any more. I don't really disagree with the things he said and did during the first day, but I'd like to know what his reasons were.
I delayed Katsuki's lynch, because I thought we could use more time. Quicklynching wouldn't have helped at all.
I found Katsuki's reactions slightly townish, and since I hade a slight scum-vibe from Powerrox and deadline was near, I agreed to his lynch.
something else you'd liked explained?
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:32 am

Post by ribwich »

Vote: ribwich

Feysal wrote:I would not mind ribwich being reelected, though I would prefer him to discuss his plans with the town before making another controversial move. We were fortunate dramonic had to put his executioner's axe where his words were, and no one vetoed the execution. I still think it would've been better if ribwich had made his case against reckoner, that would have discouraged anyone from vetoing. Now we had luck on our side.
To be honest, it was an issue of timing. The entire reconsideration of how Jack should be approached didn't come to me until right when I made that post, and I wasn't willing to rely on one of the consuls being able to extend the lynch time to give us more time to discuss the merits of the plan. I also just didn't have enough time to actually make my case against reck, but with dram being one of the consuls I was pretty sure saving Jack would get him killed anyway. For what it's worth, if I'm ever tribune again, I promise that I won't make a move like that again without discussing it with everyone first.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by SensFan »

If anyone wants to claim the kill, now would be a good time to do so.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Parama »

unvote, vote: Parama
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Parama »

Sens just lost some of his townpoints.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

SensFan wrote:If anyone wants to claim the kill, now would be a good time to do so.
Stop fishing.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Parama »

scotmany12 here, just going to point out the exact same thing Parama did except make it completely obvious what the problem is in case you are blind or cannot read for some reason, 'cause, y'know, I need to make it look like I'm doin' something.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”