Consulmaker II: the Pyrrhic War - Game over.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:20 am

Post by SensFan »

Jack wrote:
SensFan wrote:Are you actually saying you think there's a flip that would give even a fraction of the information a Jack flip would? Did you not read his long post that is a goldmine of information if we have the information he is Town? More importantly, we are going to have to lynch Jack at some point. Why in the name of Bahamut would we want to use a D3 or later lynch on someone we agree on D2 needs to be lynched?
Even with a jack-townflip you have to use your judgement about what reactions were scummy. And you can use your judgement now and lynch those people.
If you think there's any chance I will even consider the chance you might be Town, unless your flip says you are, you are very sadly mistaken.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:28 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

lol this game.

Damn, since Jack is untouchable I guess I better get around to finding the scumz.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Lowell »

Hiya, still here.

Catching up still, but 724 in some sick way makes sense to me. Jack was and is the obvious consensus favorite. He will continue to be, probably. I don't see the harm in giving him another day. Whining about it, on its face, seems a little odd to me. If you're sure he's scum surely amid those convinctions you stumbled on something else you believe as well. I've seen him fakeclaim before as town, surely it's at least possible as town here.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:25 am

Post by SensFan »

Lowell wrote:Hiya, still here.

Catching up still, but 724 in some sick way makes sense to me. Jack was and is the obvious consensus favorite. He will continue to be, probably. I don't see the harm in giving him another day. Whining about it, on its face, seems a little odd to me. If you're sure he's scum surely amid those convinctions you stumbled on something else you believe as well. I've seen him fakeclaim before as town, surely it's at least possible as town here.
You seem to be in agreement that he will be lynched at some point. In that case, why oh why would we want to trade our D2 lynch for our day D3 lynch, when we will obviously have a better chance of making an informed decision the later in the game it is?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Nathanael »

can we lynch Parama or Lowell please?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:45 am

Post by dramonic »

Lowell and Parama will not be lynched today.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Pseudo-Vote Count

Lowell- 1(Nathanael)
Nathanael - 2(Parama, Porochaz)
Parama- 1(Nathanael)

xRECKONERx will be executed Tuesday 15:02 GMT.

P.S. proper nouns getting conjugated does seem unnatural, but there exists a pretty famous example in "Et tu, Brute." (which uses the vocative).
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Parama »

dramonic wrote:Lowell and Parama will not be lynched ever.
fix'd
Nathanael, you have yet to say why I'm scum. Or why anyone is scum, for that matter. This is why YOU are the scum. If I ever get elected consul, you're going down ASAP :D
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:44 am

Post by SensFan »

Parama wrote:If I ever get elected consul, you're going down ASAP :D
The more people say stuff like this, the more control over this game we hand over to ribwhich.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:20 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

SensFan wrote:
Parama wrote:If I ever get elected consul, you're going down ASAP :D
The more people say stuff like this, the more control over this game we hand over to ribwhich.
Let's execute this guy.

All he does is scumplain.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Jack »

Scot, you said it "wouldn't surprise you if both reck and dram are scum" but can you say more about how you feel about this lynch compared to alternatives?
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by Nathanael »

Parama wrote:
dramonic wrote:Lowell and Parama will not be lynched ever.
fix'd
Nathanael, you have yet to say why I'm scum. Or why anyone is scum, for that matter. This is why YOU are the scum. If I ever get elected consul, you're going down ASAP :D
*/*
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by SensFan »

I don't think I see a single thing you wrote in either of those posts that I agree with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hiya, still here.

The hell kind of logic is this? "Everyone wanted Jack dead therefore lets wait".
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:32 am

Post by Lowell »

SpyreX wrote:
Hiya, still here.

The hell kind of logic is this? "Everyone wanted Jack dead therefore lets wait".
I know. Adorable, right?

It's not that Jack shouldn't die; it's that using Jack's non-death as an excuse to do nothing is anti-town. In sort of a weird way ribwich has balls for doing what he did, so good for him. Lowell's famous townpoints coming his way!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:19 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Lowell wrote:
SpyreX wrote:
Hiya, still here.

I know. Adorable, right?

It's not that Jack shouldn't die; it's that using Jack's non-death as an excuse to do nothing is anti-town. In sort of a weird way ribwich has balls for doing what he did, so good for him.
Lowell's famous townpoints coming his way!
Except he's bloody confirmed town.
Show

:

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:41 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Bye guys.

Kill dramonic please.
green shirt thursdays
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Lowell »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Lowell wrote:
SpyreX wrote:
Hiya, still here.

I know. Adorable, right?

It's not that Jack shouldn't die; it's that using Jack's non-death as an excuse to do nothing is anti-town. In sort of a weird way ribwich has balls for doing what he did, so good for him.
Lowell's famous townpoints coming his way!
Except he's bloody confirmed town.
Heh oops, okay. Then he gets bonus townpoints!
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Feysal »

If reckoner was to be executed at 15:02 GMT, should he not be dead already?

I'm somewhat disappointed that ribwich has not posted his full case or even named his suspect after saying he thought someone was scummier than Jack. He could mean reckoner though, he has mentioned a few points against him already. Unless someone shows up quickly to extend the deadline or veto the execution, that will probably have to wait until tomorrow. We've also got another replacement coming, I spotted it in the signup thread.

I did a quick ISO read of dramonic and reckoner. To me, it looks like dramonic was offering his opinions and playing the game early on, which gave me a town feeling on him. As for reckoner, he spent much of the first day promising to catch up and reread, when it was apparent he had not read the game even once. Then he suddenly declared he believed Jack town, after barely mentioning him during the first day. I have no experience with either of them, but if we had to execute dramonic or reckoner, I'd choose reckoner. His reading has been selective, his opinions few and his arguments almost nonexistent.

I'm not entirely sure dramonic is town though, even in the event that reckoner flips scum. Their fight could be scum distancing.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:13 am

Post by ribwich »

Not that it matters as much now since he's already dead, but reck was who I was referring to. I'm not going to bother now with the whole case, but the main idea was that he looks scummy regardless of whether Jack is town or scum.

I'm still thinking there's a good chance Jack is actually town. It's obvious he had the whole thing planned from the beginning for this being about trapping people that had inside knowledge of knowing both claimed consulmakers are town. It wasn't a last plan of defense, because now it actually makes sense why he did it in the first place. So what it comes down to is was it really a town plan to gain information, or was it a scum gambit to try to stay alive? It just makes more sense to me for this to be a town move, because there was a slim chance of it working if he was scum, while there was a lot to gain if he was town.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Feysal »

There is also the fact that we have no explanation why scum would make such a move. Yesterday, I theorized there could be some scum power role that could mess with the Consulmaker, but apparently this has not happened. I still feel Jack waited longer than I am comfortable with to reveal his ploy, but I also can't explain why he would try that as scum. As things are, he probably has to die sooner or later, not a useful move for scum to make.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I could see that UNTIL the explanation was WIFOM instead of coming clean.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by SensFan »

ribwich wrote:Not that it matters as much now since he's already dead, but reck was who I was referring to. I'm not going to bother now with the whole case, but the main idea was that he looks scummy regardless of whether Jack is town or scum.

I'm still thinking there's a good chance Jack is actually town. It's obvious he had the whole thing planned from the beginning for this being about trapping people that had inside knowledge of knowing both claimed consulmakers are town. It wasn't a last plan of defense, because now it actually makes sense why he did it in the first place. So what it comes down to is was it really a town plan to gain information, or was it a scum gambit to try to stay alive? It just makes more sense to me for this to be a town move, because there was a slim chance of it working if he was scum, while there was a lot to gain if he was town.
That's a steaming pile of dung. There's no reason whatsoever to assume he's not Scum; just like if I claimed Cop in a C9 set-up, you countered me, I survived the day, and then the next day I said it was all for reactions and gave a bunch of posts calling a bunch of people Scum.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Hello. I'm a co-mod, and CES is on limited access. What does this mean? I'm taking over for a little while, but I don't have mod privileges yet! However, I can give you an execution!

xRECKONERx, War Elephant, Pyrrhic Goon, executed by dramonic Day Two.

Obviously: No privs means no locked thread, so I can only ask you to refrain from posting in thread. I should have them soon. In the meantime, it is now night two, you have 72 hours to get your actions in. (Send them to me, for the record).
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Bump. Actions.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”