DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Toogeloo wrote:Americans will really want to prioritze the following (in my opinion):
-
Aircraft Carrier
is huge for Americans if we can get it. It's essentially ROLEBLOCKER, and would be a huge boon to us.
-
Battleship
is the DOCTOR of the game, and it stops nukes, so keeping it out of scum hands would be nice.
-
Submarine
would allow them to nuke any one without fear of exposing themselves once we get to DEFCON 1.
-
Fallout Shelter
would make it so the only kills they worry about are the other scum team night kills, meaning Americans can't nuke them.

Later addendumed Air Base into this to round out the 5 most important abilities to keep from scum.
lulz... you even quoted my example list...
Jed Cooper wrote:
Toogeloo's Example List For Those That Want Cop wrote:
Submarine
<= Hey, what's that?

Air Base
Espionage
Radar
Fighter
Silo
Class, what is wrong with this example? (HINT: its the bolded)

And, most of my argument against Spy was me keeping toys from scum, and him saying we shouldn't discount scanners.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Toogeloo wrote:what about it?

Hey, here's another example for someone wanting Cop...

Espionage
Radar
Fighter
Fail Safe
Eavesdrop
Silo in ICBM mode

What? Just cuz I put Silo at the end of an example doesn't mean I am making up a list for someone. It's an example... hell, maybe someone did put Silo 1st just because they don't want a PR. Is that what you are bent out of shape about?
For some reason this second example in my head = your first one as well. That one got quoted so many times in a row it stuck in my head. Thanks.
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Toogeloo wrote:And, most of my argument against Spy was me keeping toys from scum, and him saying we shouldn't discount scanners.
Right while you were devaluing the cop.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

@Fate: I support you for caling out Chesskid for not wanting to Sub claim but why didn't you do the same for Spyrex?
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I was devaluing it in comparison to my desire to ensure scum don't get toys suited for them.

It would be great if we got Cop. But it's not a top priority for scum, not like Submarine or Air Base, etc... They would take Cop solely to determine who the other scum team is and to deprive town of the scanner. Town on the other hand can use the weapons scum wants just as well as they can.

That's where Spy and my tiff got heated. I have been of the opinion that town can do fine if we don't get cop, but we will be hurt more if we don't get protection roles and the assassin sub.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Your argument there is pro-town. RC seemed to warm up to the "choose cop first" idea as well. The difference is that Fate ultimately agreed with you which was the town thing to do.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

It's not that he agreed with me... In fact, he *ahem* sat on the on the fence about it showing reason to believe in both sides, but not siding with either.
Fate wrote:Ok this discussion needs stoppin now:

1. THERES ONE HALF-We see the intrinsic value of our own scumhunting and how getting X IS NOT Y SCUM is extremely beneficial in narrowing down reads further because we know how to make basic connections such as "X was obviously not scum with Z"

2. THERES DEVILS
AVOCADOFUCKHOOPLA
ADVOCATE SIDE- Copos can't copos a full clear and I'm paranoid and crazy someonescum will get half cleared and coast like its 1958 and the coastguard is patrollin the borders. Plus I like eating bamboo and keeping shit out of scums hands more than getting cool gadgets for town

CAPICHEY?

Now back to chesskid who hasn't responded to my LATEST EXPLOITS:

Vote: Chesskid
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Wait let me ISO..
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

The person that said "Says cop will be lesser contested by scum and should be for town as well." wasn't him...
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:09 am

Post by chesskid3 »

WHAT
THE
FUCK
HAPPENED
IN
THIS
THREAD

seriously wtf. Those last 5 pages had absolutely nothing in them. Jed, for the last time, I'm not a alt. Fuck off.
Katsuki's list is a joke. Toog is scum, not Jed. Dana's town too. So am I. Tsk tsk.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:30 am

Post by VasudeVa »

RC 323 wrote:Clearly the middle ground is exactly what me and AV are talking about. Nukes are to be used independently up unto the point where it no longer becomes feasible for the town not the mass claim. Once we've reached the point where we need to lay all the cards on the table, then we'll benefit much more for submitting all nuclear decisions to the greater community, because we can map out with a greater probability hitting potential scum.
This is actually what I had in mind when I had been trying to put the "Law' up. In fact, Too many CAPS in this game that I'm being paranoid of early game DEFCON 1.0 >.>. (Man that was a clusterfuck.)
Faraday 345 wrote:@ VV did you ever read D1 and D2 of last game or are you just guessing? Judging by what you've said ITT the latter seems more likely.
Spy 341 wrote:The hell did nukes have to do with last games D1 and D2?
D1 and D2 last game were megaclusterfucks. D1 was a good lynch gone horribly wrong with Els flipping doc. D2 was HORRIBLE due Andriusgate. That was one of the worst days I have ever lived through with 3 Town PRs outing themselves. @.@. Things were way too chaotic last game due to people believing in their own results a little too much. See why I'm trying to get some order around here?
SpyreX wrote:If I WAS scum this game, you know what would scare me shitless?

Not getting lynched. Psh.
Not even cross-kills.
It's the uncontrolled nukes. Note, not the 'town' nukes. Those turn into the 'getting lynched' business. What would make me nervous ALL GAME would be the fear at any point someone would go 'this is gut' and launch a nuke.

Because that can't be controlled.

So, what would I do as scum here? Just this. Control as much as possible (note: this is also part of the problem with "THE LIST" but I'll get there later).
Yes, and no. UNCONTROLLED GUT nukes might also kill protown people playing a good game. Scare scum shitless? Sure! Might hit awesome Townies doing a good job leading Town? Yeah.

I have thought of a better compromise though, through RedC's quote above. See if you agree Spy.

Early game, when isn't much danger.
Some
freedom with the nukes might be awesome. Might get some good gut shots etc. However once it starts getting close to LyLo... THEN we start upholding Martial Law. No idiots risking Town loss by killing people who could be important. Should work like real wartime, eh?

---

Okaay, I notice that I'm startiing to skim and that's never good.

Things seems to getting heated though and I'd like to emphasize rule 14. (Since there are a lot of silly people in this game.). Hammer this in your heads.
Teh FUCKING RULEZ wrote:
14) There is zero-tolerance for using subterfuge or deception with the moderator commands (posting Nuke: PLAYERNAME when you do not possess a missile silo in nuclear launch mode, for example). Violations of this rule are punishable
by modkill on the first offense
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:34 am

Post by Faraday »

Katsuki wrote:READS AS OF PAGE16.

Town:

Fate
Katsuki
Spyrex
RC
Percy
Baby
Toog
Socio
Jack
IS

Need to die/Scum:

DANA
Chesskid
Jed

No Read:

Everyone else

So I got to page 16. Main thing I have to say is that the public declaration of a nuke is more than enough in terms of keeping a player accountable. If say, A nukes someone who town disagrees upon, and refuses to recall nuke with VI-stubborness, then A is in need of a nice nuking himself.
In essence, town gets to vote in a sense upon a nuking AFTER the nuke is launched, not before. As baby spice said, there is 3 days to recall the nuke. Pressure and subsequent discussion of a nuke is pro-town.

As for toog vs spyspy, I think what is at hand is a clash in playstyles. RC put it pretty well, in that you should pick what you are comfortable with. I see toog's argument in terms of preventing scum from taking roles like sub though.

There was something else I wanted to ask, but it has slipped my mind for the meantime.

My house is right now leaking, and apparently has gone undetected for quite a long period of time. As such, I will be busy dealing with this for the next unknown while. I will try and finish catching up tomorrow if I have time.

P-EDIT: HOLY SHIT 25 P-EDIT POSTS?!?!
^^^^^^scum btw in case anyone missed it.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Jack »

fos:toogeloo
based on skim
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Jack »

Why don't you be honest with yourself and just say you are upset because
I'll give you a hint Fate...
Hay, Fate... I'm just calling it as I see it. If anything, you reacted poorly to my comment, since I was asking you if you felt your activity could be seen as scummy, but I suppose that would be pretty scummy of me to point out, right?
So let me ask, why do you want to know my stance on dana's alignment when you seem to already have me figured out?
etc
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Kitoari »

The great attempted read list:

AurorusVox - Good stuff during D5, hasn't posted much D4.
Baby Spice - Town!
bobsnox - ... Who? He has 5 posts back from RFVS. Mod, can has prods?
bunnylover - Slight scum, 8 posts.
chesskid3 - chesskid is chesskid, aka attempting to annoy people for his own amusement. Can't be sure of his alignment.
danakillsu - Scum per Fate.
Faraday - Slight town.
Fate - Manufactured in Obvtownville.
gandalf5166 - Null. Gut's scum, but his posts are townish. Le sigh.
Internet Stranger - Trying WAAAY too hard to look town. It may or may not be genuine.
Jack - Null.
Jed Cooper - "WOE IS ME" scum.
Katsuki - Null, like the fact he came in with a read list.
Kitoari - Town, of course!
Percy - V/LA, move along.
RedCoyote - Town! (But I was wrong the last time I played with him.)
SocioPath - Null
SpyreX - Town if Jed is scum.
Toogeloo - Null.
VasudeVa - Null.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

You do all know that Percy is scum, right?

Who the hell is Dana anyways?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:47 am

Post by chesskid3 »

More like:
Scum:
babyspice
SocioPath
Katsuki
Toog

And 2 more.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:20 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Kitoari wrote:
Jed Cooper wrote:Addressing your (apparently unrelated) point though, you said that there is no difference between the two lists. Placing silo where you have placed it creates a huge difference in relation to the other 5 roles that are available and for the above stated reasons.
But if you never put them on the list in the first place (list #1), list #1 is identical to list #2.

in other news, what about a mass sub/not sub claim?
1) If sub is claimed, we can keep them accountable for their nuke choices.
2) If it's not claimed, we can assume it's in scum hands and react accordingly.
If I'm the sub, I know I'm sure as hell not claiming it.
Jed Cooper wrote: The scum want your worldview to prevail, why do you think its so popular? Its because you have full scum support buddy. So don't give yourself too much credit.
This is fucking retarded. There are only six scum in the game. i.e. Much closer to the size of your movement, if you really want to start throwing around baseless accusations.

I love how we have 5 scum already. Jed, Toog, Dana, Katsuki, and chess.

PROTIP FOR CHESS: Lrn2busbtrkthzbai
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:25 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Dude you think I'm scum 90% of the time. Sod off.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Kitoari »

gandalf5166 wrote:If I'm the sub, I know I'm sure as hell not claiming it.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:29 am

Post by chesskid3 »

gandalf5166 wrote:If I'm the sub, I know I'm sure as hell not claiming it.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:32 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

MUST. NOT. BE TEMPTED. BY THE KITTY.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:49 am

Hey Gandalf, shouldnt your scumlist include lurkers?
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:58 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Internet Stranger wrote:Hey Gandalf, shouldnt your scumlist include lurkers?
Eh. Maybe one or two of the lurkers are scum. Who's to decide which, though?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 am

The nukes will decide. Them commie scumbags will be glowing in the dark by the end of the game.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”