Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Wraith »

Vote: Spyrex

Nobody did explain why he was rez'd, did they?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Andrius »

Plum wrote: This. Seriously. Andrius, you're smarted than this.
He is, officially, a Murderer.
He cannot win with us anymore.
He HAS to go Murderer to win.
See it now?

Why me, Iece?
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Andrius »

Goddammit.
Am I just stupid, or what?

Just reread the Psycopathy thing, and Benmage has to attempt another kill to become Murderer.
THEN kill 3 times (assuming #2 fails) to win as murderer.

Shit, I guess RC was right. :/
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Trilobite »

CD4
Username:
Trilobite
Did you Hear Noise?
Yes
Did you Ward? If so, who?
No
Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions?
Yes, we gained twitchy from robbing Furpant's grave
List all of the insanities you currently have:
Twitchy
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No
Were you murdered?
No
Did you Commune or Investigate? If so, who, and what result?
No
Are you bloody?
No
Twitch?
*twitch*
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Trilobite »

xvart Post 3232 wrote:The only ways I see Furculow getting an insanity last night (provided he was telling the truth yesterday and had zero yesterday) is warding a dead player (wicked would be the only reasonable assumption here, and Furculow said he would ward Iecrint), passed a fetish, crafted three fetishes, robbed a grave (he wasn't assigned to this), or stalked. Or he received a Fetish of himself.
Isn't being killed one of the last actions resolved? If so furc didn't get his insanity from a poss wicked ward. If he is town like most of us think, he probably stalked you. furc having an insanity certainly makes things a little more interesting but I still think he is more likely town. Not happy that you chose to kill him, but it makes you confirmed so there is some benefit. Just wish we could have seen some cult flips before taking vig shots.
Andrius Post 3240 wrote:I took Solist so that I could search for something else and drop the Occult Books. And with Obsession, I had to get rid of the books. I didn't want to target someone more insane than me (Benmage) just to get rid of the books, so I did it this way.
I don't get it.

You had to commune because of obbession.
You picked VP because you didn't want to target someone who was more insane than you just to get rid of the books?
You then picked solist so you
could
rid yourself of the books?

This whole thing sounds ass backwards to me. You could have at least tried to commune someone suspious looking with the chance of dropping the books that way.
Andrius Post 3240 wrote:Since xvart is out of the way:
Vote: SpyreX
. I'm going to assume that someone warded ElG's grave, and have faith that BOTH Spy AND Trilo didn't follow the plan on purpose. :igmeou:
Hi. We robbed Furpants like the roster dictated.

Right now our top two suspects are Spy and Andrius. With Andrius we have noitced that he has a knack for being invisible during most of the day until around hammertime. Ontop of that, his explaination for comuning VP is really poor.

Vote: Andrius

Spy has been pretty scummy, his tunneling of AV and basically being in the background all game does stink. Still we can't shake the feeling of a possible set up here and we aren't interested in a quick lynch.

Oj is sort of back in our hydra so we should be back to full strength now.

~Sotty
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

I agree with Andrius' sub-radar play. Note how he kept his RVS for the duration of D1. Note how I keep forgetting he's even in this game. I also agree that warding the grave could set Spy up, which is an interesting argument. Of course, cultSpy could have warded the grave to use that as an argument against him being cult. Spirals ensue.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Yeah, warding the grave makes sense for cultspyXtowng and townspyXcultg. Ugh. I was hoping to get some insight on the Spy question.

With the ward as corroborating evidence, I think it's almost certain that Spyrex and ElG are opposite alignments. That being the case, I don't see why we need to lynch him unless they ward ElG's grave all the way until LYLO. If they do so, they're just taking on even more insanities they have to explain away. Unless I'm missing something...?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Benmage »

Youre missing that there is 0 cult dead, 0 leads, and mounting evidence that Spy is cult. Why do you want to keep a cult alive. Its mind bottling. They can use Spy to totally fuck with us knowing he's gonna eventually die. Not killing him now would be the dumbest thing ever.

The only reason he lives is some farfetched theory that our dead Guy ressed him. Ridiculous.

Anyone who can't see that he needs to die really needs to reassess their Mafia play (if town).
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

The chance that Spy is scum is certainty greater than the chance he's scum, but there is a non-zero chance he's town and a way we can test it.

"Zero leads" is really the watershed issue. A Spyrex lynch has a better chance of hitting cult than most other people. So he's equivalent to other strong cult reads, but a bit worse of a lynch than them in that we have a chance of learning he's town. Still, it's not worth keeping him around if we're not certain on who we lynch instead. If we have a big block of cultbags, we want to lynch Spy last, but I was forgetting that we don't really have a big block of cultbags. (I was thinking of our big block of morons.) On reflection I don't really have another strong cult read, so:

VOTE: Spyrex

I disagree with people that say we NEED a Spy lynch today, but if you're not voting for Spyrex it should be because you have a sexier wagon for us to hop on.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

*whisper whisper*

SpyreX - 7
- (Benmage, VasudeVa, AurorusVox, Andrius, Plum, Wraith, hitorogoshi)
Andrius - 1
- (Trilobite)

Not Voting (8) - (
Andrius
AurorusVox
, Baby Spice,
Benmage
, Feysal,
hitorogoshi
, Iecerint, kunkstar7, Nicodemus, nopointinactingup,
Plum
, Seacore, SpyreX, totallynotmafia, Triglav,
Trilobite
VasudeVa
, VP Baltar,
Wraith
, xvart)

The deadline for today's lynch is Saturday, 18 December 2010 at 1:30:00 AM (default site time).

With 20 alive, 11 votes secures a Lynch.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

CD4
Username:
totallynotmafia
Did you Hear Noise?
No
No
No
None
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No.
Were you murdered?
No.
Wicked was bloody.
Are you bloody?
No.
Twitch?
No

Wicked being bloody before he died is a bit worrying, either he thought it wasn't necessary to launder (which i thought we established it was imperitive to do so earlier), or he was planning on going murderer after becoming confirmed investigator, which is worrying because others may be tempted to do the same, I know if I had become confirmed early in the game I would have though about it.

We know one thing for certain - the person who rezzed SpyreX is cult (unless an investigator is lying, which hopefully isn't the case). Really then, the only way SpyreX couldn't be cult as well is if the cult were trying to frame him, which is a pretty big stretch if they had no idea Spyrex was going to be murdered in the first place which I think was the case (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

So yeah I'd be pretty happy with his lynch, it's quite likely cult didn't want to risk two people being caught out so they just didn't claim the resuscitation. Let's hear from him first though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Iecerint »

^ FPT could have rezzed SX.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

CD4
Username:
Kunkstar7
Did you Hear Noise?
Yes
No
No
Twitchy, Solist
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No
Were you murdered?
No
No
Are you bloody?
No
Twitch?
*twitch*

Claiming then reading.
Welcome to the Network.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

TNM wrote:Really then, the only way SpyreX couldn't be cult as well is if the cult were trying to frame him, which is a pretty big stretch if they had no idea Spyrex was going to be murdered in the first place which I think was the case (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).
He heard noise. Assuming cult didn't target him that night, they know he was targeted by either stalk or a failed rez. In addition, reading Ben's posts made it fairly clear that Spyrex was a potential murder target. Framing him would be pretty useful if coupled with a ElG too-scummy-to-be-scum WIFOM psuedoclear attempt. This is why I wanted an ElG flip before a Spyrex lynch. That being said, I freely admit this isn't as likely as Spy cult - but it's not out of the question.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

CD4
Username: SpyreX

Did you Hear Noise? Nope

Did you Ward? If so, who? Nope

Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions? Solist (Rob FT), Obsession (Rob ElG)

List all of the insanities you currently have: Twitchy, Taboo (Books), Solist, Obsession

Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who? Nope

Were you murdered? Nope

Did you Commune or Investigate? If so, who, and what result? Nope

Are you bloody?Yep

Twitch? *twitch*

I got Success on FT, Failure on ElG

I'm also apparently greeted by a power wagon. So, lets go ahead and get it all nice and neat. In theory you'd get books and a forensic kit. In practice you're going to get nothing because if ElG got warded you sure as hell can guarantee I'm gonna get warded.

Watching these power cases come out of the woodwork WILL be helpful though. Allow me to go ahead and give you a pro-tip for killing here in the near future.
Plum wrote: No, I agree that MoI's statement was extremely scummy. The fact that you knew that and said that but kept your vote on ElG for unvoting because of this is not an intuitive thought process, in my humble opinion. You used it as a bolster for your ElG case because . . . ? You didn't state that ElG was maybe bussing (in which case it would be a stronger tell on MoI anyway). If you'd argued that ElG was still scummier on the previous merits, maybe I'd have bought it. But the fact that you tried to turn something which was clearly flat out scummy into an excuse to keep your voe on ElG makes relatively little sense.

Unless you were bussing ElG. Cheers, mate.
My vote staying on ElG had nothing to do with MoI. The simple fact that ElG jumped AWAY from that was a testament to ElG's f-- (and, potentially, a link that apparently was disproven).

I didn't need to 'bolster' anything on ElG and soon when the deaths start really happening and ElG actually FLIPS SCUM I will be vindicated. (additionally, considering you've been going Ohh gee gosh I think SpyreX is scum since D1? this is super awesome).

It'll be a fun game (hint: a fun game for hit) to parse out how many different awesome people I'm scum with due to events.

Before I die give me another chance to give a quick rundown. Then, set me free.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:37 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

CD4
Username:
nopointinactingup
Did you Hear Noise?
Yes
No
No
None
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No.
Were you murdered?
No.
Did you Commune or Investigate? No
Are you bloody?
No.
Twitch?
No

Vote:Spyrex

El Goosuki - 12
(
El Goosuki,
Wraith, Trilobite, SpyreX, hitorogoshi, Baby Spice, kunkstar7, Seacore, AurorusVox, VP Baltar, Feysal, Plum,
SUICIDAL

=

Cult driven fucking wagon.
Justice will prevail
\m/
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote: Spyrex

totallynotmafia is a buddy for realz.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Feysal »

That makes 9 votes on SpyreX, which puts him at
L-2
. No more votes please! I agree SpyreX has to go, but there are other things we need to do before hammering.

1. Wait for everyone to post their claims.
2. Test for voting-related insanities? (Tomorrow works just as well.)
3. Plan grave robs.
4. Post new Investigator's Reference. (Not much seems to have changed, but still.)

Anything I missed?
Andrius #3240 wrote:I took Solist so that I could search for something else and drop the Occult Books. And with Obsession, I had to get rid of the books. I didn't want to target someone more insane than me (Benmage) just to get rid of the books, so I did it this way.
Are you sure this works? As far as I can understand, Obsession requires you to keep Communing, meaning you cannot Search for other equipment to be rid of the books. Taking Taboo on Occult Books would work, and it looks like that is the way you must go if you want to stop communing.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Plum »

[quote="SpyreX"[I didn't need to 'bolster' anything on ElG and soon when the deaths start really happening and ElG actually FLIPS SCUM I will be vindicated. (additionally, considering you've been going Ohh gee gosh I think SpyreX is scum since D1? this is super awesome).[/quote]

Considering the fact that I've been iffy on you since Day 1 in a very large game with a number of respectably suspicious people around as well? Sure as hell is super awesome.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:12 am

Wait, so if it's entirely plausible that furpants could have rezzed Spyrex, why is everyone so convinced he is cult?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:23 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Possible =/= probable.

Not to mention that even if FT res'd Spy, that doesn't stop Spy being cult. Actually, I've been thinking about this, and I reckon that it's probably more likely that a stalked-cult will receive a res than a stalked-town; since Cult know that any noises they heard did not come from the cult, and since wards/communes/investigations are publicly announced, it makes any cult-who-heard-a-noise either stalked or res-targetted the previous night. And since there are other people to help out, I think it's likelier that cult will be successfully res'd from a murder than town. This isn't anything solid, but it is a potential point in favour of cultSpy.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:37 am

I could understand if there was something else to the case, but if the whole case on Spyrex is that nobody claimed the rez when it is indeed possible that nobody claimed the rez because the person who did it is now dead, that just seems ludicrous to me. I've lost an entire game because people incorrectly assumed what a dead person's night actions were, with scum taking full advantage.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Plum »

Fine, TNM.

In which case WHO IS YOUR TOP SUSPECT AND WHY ARE YOU NOT VOTING HMMMM?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

TNM wrote:I could understand if there was something else to the case, but if the whole case on Spyrex is that nobody claimed the rez when it is indeed possible that nobody claimed the rez because the person who did it is now dead, that just seems ludicrous to me.
Do you think it's likely SpyreX was rezzed by Furpants? Additionally, I don't believe that is the entire case on him, but that's a nice over simplification.

I agree with Feysal's to-do list other than testing for voting insanities, as that seems tedious and unnecessary for today since we need to lynch SpyreX today. If someone does have an unclaimed voting insanity, it will still be there tomorrow.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:51 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Unvote

I want to make sure Spyrex gets his chance to talk.

Also, I can't help but notice this wagon is swelling faster than "I picked suicidal, because
that's how I feel.
" Interested in VP's thoughts specifically on this. It's raising my hackles a bit.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”